Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 7
Send Topic Print
A Bruce Moen BookClub (Read 97765 times)
Touching Souls

LOVE IS ALL, SHINE YOUR
LIGHT THAT OTHERS MAY
SEE

Metaline Falls, WA
Re: A Bruce Moen BookClub
Reply #15 - May 5th, 2006 at 6:19pm

Our thoughts have a lot of power and if we're worrying about something turning out right, that puts doubt right out there. One of the Laws of Manifestation is to let go of it and only think positive thoughts. See yourself getting whatever it is you want. Wink

Love, Mairlyn Wink

I AM THAT I AM -- WE ARE ALL ONE -- TOUCHING SOULS
Wink
WWW minniecricket2000  
IP Logged

Vicky
YaBB Administrator

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Colorado
Reply #16 - May 5th, 2006 at 6:32pm

That's what I mean...It's easy to do when I am not very, very emotional about it.  I know it has to do with feeling that emotional connection.  So how do I work around that emotional aspect?  How does one rise above it to view the situation from a higher perspective?  I know it's possible because I've done it (with a job once), but for the life of me I can't explain the process.  Wish I knew the trick.

Author of Persephone's Journey (Amazon.com)

http://www.vickyshort.blogspot.com/
WWW 198267046870499  
IP Logged

spooky2

Reply #17 - May 5th, 2006 at 6:48pm

It's funny Vicky...wasn't it in at the beginning of Bruce's first book where he had to manage the emotional impact of the Oklahoma retrieval had on him? To get rid of energies that don't belong to him, to get a distance between him and what he tapped into, the strong emotions, unshielded.
In Bruce's 5th book there is the heart-energy-gathering exercise, and I had problems to do it, because when I thought of some people whom I love, there was so much other stuff connected to it, well much love much pain in that case! Better thought of a cat and a nice landscape then...

Hi people,
the first 50 pages of Bruce's first book, early Disc vision, engineer symbology(?), reader's similar experiences:

When reading his early disc vision, I knew what it meant, not in detail, but in general, the hierarchic sceme, must be something greater he discovered, something regarding himself, with his quest for answers of his three questions. I took it as symbolic, the disc, and depending on everybodies background, the symbols would vary, but nevertheless, that someone can see something special, detailed, a bit mysterious, together with his quest and this early daydream, and his OBE attempts, well, I was interested in reading on, but not quite sure at this point if it would become quite meaningful to myself, but it did, since he then came to the TMI part, and I saw there's something to learn for me!

Before I read Bruce Moen I read a book about NDEs, much esoteric stuff, parapsychology, and then Monroe, which made a real impact on me.
I had the tip to read Bruce Moen from a TMI trainer who fortunately lives just some miles away from me, must have been around 1999 or 2000. 2001 then I ordered Bruces first book, then the two others lol!

Then 2002 I took the Gateway Experience program, 2and a half day Focus 10 and 12 tapes, and I felt it worked for me. No clear pictures or movies, but relaxation, lights and voices, oh, I remember one little movie! A gardener at what seems like a big house of rich people. Don't know what it was. Then I had the Gateway Voyage in 2004 and that was it where it all started, I mean the stories I'm telling here of my mind-journies. GV definitely changed my life, but it probably wouldn't if I had not read Monroes and Bruce's books.

Note: I must say, Bruces first book starts (in style, a bit like the movie Lord Of The Rings 1) with a really heavy scene (The Oklahoma bombing retrieval), and I wasn't sure what was he talking about, then he slowed down, and started with the start so to say!
It took me awhile before I really got what he was doing, what a retrieval was, could have known better, because Monroe described that thing in his third book, but it seems to me now, that it was difficult to me to believe it at that time. But it simply was written too well and so much details, I really had to be convinced! I even got high blood pressure then, which normalized again after the Gateway Voyage.

Spooky

"I'm going where the pavement turns to sand"&&Neil Young, "Thrasher"

IP Logged

LaffingRain

Choose this Day

Arizona
Reply #18 - May 5th, 2006 at 11:52pm

Hi Vicky..seems you are talking about setting intention..and its easy sometimes and not easy other times? that maybe if you are too emotional then you are blocking the intention?
yea, Bruce talks about this in one of his books. he was at TMI as I recall and expecting a good session and Bob came up and dashed his hopes.
tricked him I think for a good reason. when Bob did whatever he did, tweaked his mind, it released something, some expectatation perhaps, like a build up which clouds the internal view when exploring.
Bruce went back into the session with a more leveled out mind, because he had no expectations, then he had a very good session, much more so than if he had been too expectant of it.
does that make sense? probably not, lol!

well let me ramble a little. I used to meditate for peace of mind. but the more I mediated with this objective, the more that peace alluded me. my mind was always watching to see when peace would enter. with the expectation there, the mind was full of expectation and nothing else would I be aware of but this. when the mind enters a quiet place with no objective or expectation I think thats when things really start happening as it seems you're listening to god instead of talking to god, or your giving something instead of taking something. but its a precarious balance!  that reminds me of the little finger bending exercise Bruce talks about.
lol. whats he talking about? I sit here with my little finger in the air, lol, and actually bent it once literally, and I know dang well some of us here know what he meant about setting intention. I think I could talk about intention setting for ages, and still, I'd just be talking to myself, as we each must master this on our own. love, alysia

... Who takes away death's sting deprives life of bitterness
WWW http://www.facebook.com/LaughingRain2  
IP Logged

betson

SE USA
Reply #19 - May 6th, 2006 at 9:22am

Greetings,
By Jove I think we've got it going! Your insights are adding rich dimensions to the reading!

If you are just joining this thread, we'd appreciate getting your responses to the first part of Bk I, "Voyages into the Unknown." (See discussion points on p.1)
Adding to those questions being discussed, 2 thoughts have also repeatedly emerged, whether we had experience with TMI, and whether we almost immediately sensed changes in our own body's energy system/ patterns.

After the weekend we'll be moving on in the book, plus offering our means of using or dealing with the energy changes these teachings have developed. If you still have your book 1 at hand and review Bruce's 'Lifeline" sections, perhaps you'll have questions or comments to add to next week's discussions.

All comments and experiences are welcome regarding these books.--Don't feel strange if you add your unique situation after any sort of pattern is getting shown.

Enjoy!

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
Shakespeare

IP Logged

juditha
Ex Member

Reply #20 - May 6th, 2006 at 12:40pm

Hi Bets i would love to discuss bruces books with you and i will do later ,as i havent read any of bruces books yet ,i will have to go to the library and start reading them.God bless juditha

IP Logged

Touching Souls

LOVE IS ALL, SHINE YOUR
LIGHT THAT OTHERS MAY
SEE

Metaline Falls, WA
Reply #21 - May 6th, 2006 at 1:05pm

That's great Juditha. You will LOVE his books. Wink

Love, Mairlyn Wink

Wink
WWW minniecricket2000  
IP Logged

Touching Souls

LOVE IS ALL, SHINE YOUR
LIGHT THAT OTHERS MAY
SEE

Metaline Falls, WA
Reply #22 - May 6th, 2006 at 1:15pm

I just wanted to add a little to what's been said.

Spooky said: Quote:
wasn't it in at the beginning of Bruce's first book where he had to manage the emotional impact of the Oklahoma retrieval had on him? To get rid of energies that don't belong to him, to get a distance

He starts out his first book with quite a bang, doesn't he? Beyond the fact that he was retrieving people, which I'd never heard of and the emotions that were generated, was the fact that he was doing these retrievals while eating at a restaurant. That to me is just mind blowing. Now I've done retrievals while looking at the computer screen or TV, but I've been alone, not a bunch of people around me eating and me eating too.

Another thing is that in doing retrievals in an emotional situation, I've never been emotional until the retrieval is done and then I have to release all the emotions taken on. I thought that 9-11 was going to be very emotional for me, but it wasn't until afterwards when it all hit me. We have to remember to release the emotions that we take on from others.

Love, Mairlyn Wink

Wink
WWW minniecricket2000  
IP Logged

LaughingRain
Ex Member

Reply #23 - May 6th, 2006 at 3:49pm

right Mair, that story of the restaurant retrievals had me going too! I was thinking no way Bruce! I can't chew gum and walk at the same time..so it had to be an altered state and I do know what an altered state is; as I'd had a few of those occur;  frankly, the whole room disappeared when I met my husband so I figured that's what he was talking about.
this is fun reviewing his books..thanks again for getting us going in the right direction Betson!

one other thing that ties in with this altered state in one of Bruce's books I was affected by his story of driving down the road and slipping into his thoughts on what reality is/was; and for a moment he wondered if he was really driving his car in physical reality or if he was in the other world; drat. the light turned red! he quickly grounded himself in time to avoid an accident, that ok, I'm in the physical! lol. I wish to thank Bruce, as I noted how often I needed to ground myself when I too am driving down the road, not being in the now moment and observing everything tangible around me.
I've been practicing being in the now moment for over 20 years and still it is a way of life, not just a practice, it becomes a way to open the mind to both worlds simultaneously and bridge the gap between conscious and subconscious to merge them. there in the subconcious area you become aware of the driver next to you who is about to turn without signaling, these two worlds ; thou and I, object and subject become one.  this brings up another question: Am I real? do I live here? others in my life from time to time have expressed to say "are u for real?"  Roll Eyes Grin

I don't know Grin  maybe I'm the tree in the forest that when it falls, you have to ask did it make noise as it fell, if no ear was there to hear it? ???

I crack myself up. hugs, alysia

IP Logged

Vicky
YaBB Administrator

Colorado
Reply #24 - May 6th, 2006 at 11:00pm

Yes, Alysia I do understand now.  Thanks for labeling it with a single word I can relate to.  Expectation.  You are right, with a lot of emotion I have expectation which is a mental block.  I get it now!  I must go write that one down so I don't forget it again. This is a good thread.
Smiley

Author of Persephone's Journey (Amazon.com)

http://www.vickyshort.blogspot.com/
WWW 198267046870499  
IP Logged

LaughingRain
Ex Member

Reply #25 - May 7th, 2006 at 3:46pm

Vicky lol, did I say something right?  Grin

I reminded you then you just reminded me... Kiss

woke up this morn with a message...one single word, just one word in a book can trigger all sorts of connections in the mind...so I'm looking at my book to see if theres anything rotten in it... Grin Cheesy ??? Roll Eyes Tongue

hugs, alysia

IP Logged

spooky2

Reply #26 - May 7th, 2006 at 6:45pm

Hi all,
Betson wrote: >>>whether we almost immediately sensed changes in our own body's energy system/ patterns<<<
I mentioned my blood pressure, but in that period of time, there came three things together for me: An important personal decision I had to made, then 9/11 which I saw live on tv, and Bruce's first three books which I read really fast.
I would say, the books changed my thoughts immensely. My thinking circulated permanently around the things I had read, I even started to think in English though I'm German. So, it was clear, it wouldn't be without effect what I had read. And I remember, I even thought it is too much for me. So, it was such fascinating, but it was hard too, so must have been that I was changing, and change often is hard.

Spooky

IP Logged

betson

SE USA
Reply #27 - May 8th, 2006 at 3:34pm

Thanks to you all for sharing your insights!
In the 2nd section (arbitrarily set at pp.50--100) of Bk I,
the author (!) describes his introduction to the various Focus levels and some of his reactions---
    Have you spent some time exploring various aspects /levels or are you relying on Bruce Moen's experience ? IYO, what does one gain by exploring the afterlife with no intent of making contact?
    Physical changes to a person's own system occur in order to accommodate changed perceptions and experiences. Bruce tells some of his, but how much change are you pioneers willing to accommodate? Is it an on-going process for you (how many years?) ?
     Individuality comes up in this section of Bruce's writing; Spooky and others have described elsewhere in these forums their perceptions of how one individual merges with a Greater Self---do you have another way of describing this 'phenomenon' ?
     Altho these questions come from Bruce's early writings, it may be hard to separate out what your first impressions were, so don't bother. We're all here to gain from experience.  Enjoy!

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
Shakespeare

IP Logged

LaughingRain
Ex Member

Reply #28 - May 9th, 2006 at 12:20am

hi there...I have a list of the focus levels: I'll go get them.

Focus Levels:

Focus 10 -- Mind awake, body asleep

Focus 12 -- Expanded mind

Focus 15 -- No time, view past lives, future lives

Focus 21 -- The bridge to the afterlife

Focus 22 -- place where Alzheimers patients,
drug addicts, alcoholics, etc. hang
out

Focus 23 -- Afterlife where souls get stuck

Focus 24, 25, 26 -- Belief system territories

Focus 27 -- The Park, TMI There, Reception
Center, etc.

your attention is a function of your energy being-creative

your mind simply responds to your attention. (courtesy of Mr Cozzolino, author of the Path.)

I have never been a numbers sort of gal so whenever I needed to do a retrieval or explore I just closed my eyes and waited for an image then I asked guides to assist me with it. so I have no input in regards to the numbering of levels. I rather subscribe to a spider web theory of levels rather than the stacked on top image of levels..the spider web image means you sit in the center of your web and can feel resonations from each layer all at once.
hugs, alysia

IP Logged

spooky2

Reply #29 - May 9th, 2006 at 8:49pm

Hi bookclubbers,
I reread today the passage betson suggested and I really was amazed (wait-Bruce would say "flabbergasted") how precise some of Bruce's experiences match with mine. His conclusions about the I/There or Disk concept is very close to what I got in some "readings" in my meditations. And when he told about his first retrievals and his doubts about it, it was almost word by word what I thought when I began to explore. And a lot of other things.

The "Prime the pump" principle is absolutely well put.

Betsons questions:
I "rely" on Bruce's descriptions in the meaning I trust them, but I also pretty much go my own ways. But, in this case, Bruce's books, Monroes books, and what they tell at TMI about the Focus Levels etc. the "Priming the pump" principle is powerfully working! I understand this that way: These informations are not necessarily "true", meaning they may not be objective, or valid for each individual in the same degree. But they are very good, and for many people I guess even necessary, things to open the gateway, to prime the pump. Once you have a variety of locales established in meditation/trance, you have done the main step and are able to explore on your own.
In my case the changes which began when I did the Gateway Voyage (it's the date I actively started making contact) is indeed an ongoing process. Doubts are still there, and when I'm beyond doubt there will be other things to overcome and work on. It's like a fire which burns until all has become ashes. I'm not sure what would happen if one would decide it's enough, no belief system reconstructions anymore, I have settled now. I guess it would work to some degree, but it would be more painful than to continue going on the change-including evolving process. By the way, talking about me, on the first look not very much has changed. Same appartment, no job changes, this stuff. But inwardly, and people who know me of course notice that indeed I've changed a lot.
I can't really provide a different story of merging with the higher self than Bruce told, of course it's not the same, but my experiences are similar.

Spooky

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 7
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.