Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
indigenous tsunami survivors (Read 4961 times)
Lucy

C1
indigenous tsunami survivors
Jan 9th, 2005 at 10:35am

I just had to bring this up...I am fascinated by this!

reports from around India include one you probably read:

"Two days after a tsunami thrashed the island where his ancestors have lived for tens of thousands of years, a lone tribesman stood naked on the beach and looked up at a hovering (Indian) Coast Guard helicopter.
He then took out his bow and shot an arrow toward the rescue chopper."

Ya gotta like that kind of spunk!

The article reports that 2 of 5 tiny tribes that inhabit the Indian archipelago seem to have mostly survived the tsunami, and attributes their survival to "...ancient knowledge of the movement of wind, sea and birds..." and quotes a local environmentalist who says "They can smell the wind. They can gauge the depths of the sea with the sound of their oars. They have a sixth sense, which we don't possess." The two tribes who have been accounted for apparently fled the coastline before the tsunami hit.

They also don't like encounters with the rest of us since in the past these were either bloody or caused illness or were dangerous for the womenfolk.

So the existence of peoples like this raises so many questions! Did we all come from people who had these abilities? why did we drop developing them? Why did we collectively decide to develope in other directions? What kind of spiritual life do these peole have? Why don't they show up in past life regressions or retrievals or stories based on what happens in between reincarnations. If you can hear the depth of the ocean in the sound of the oar, what else can you hear? What else are WE missing?

IP Logged

Cypercat
Ex Member

Re: indigenous tsunami survivors
Reply #1 - Jan 9th, 2005 at 11:03am

Don't know the answers but love the questions Wink

IP Logged

Firequeen
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Jan 9th, 2005 at 1:25pm

These are the people who are still "connected".This knowlege is within us all, it's up to you to look deep inside, be still and allow the remembrance to come.  ALOHA

IP Logged

Petrus

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Reply #3 - Jan 9th, 2005 at 1:44pm

Quote:
So the existence of peoples like this raises so many questions! Did we all come from people who had these abilities? why did we drop developing them? Why did we collectively decide to develope in other directions?

Hi Lucy,
One of the reasons why I believe, from a spiritual perspective, that many of the contemporary disasters are happening is *because* we've changed to the degree that we have.  Contemporary humanity basically lives in a manner that is completely contrary to our instincts.  That's not to say I'm a Luddite...I'm not at all...but there is a difference I believe to being able to have access to technology in moderation, and using forms of it and allowing amounts of it that cause enormous problems.  Cellular mobile phones are probably the single greatest example I can think of...Each generation of them is generally discarded every 18 months or so, and they emit large amounts of cancerous radiation due to the microwave technology they use.  Then of course there is the issue of fossil fuels.

If you look at the lifestyle of most indigenous cultures such as the one you mention, in them humanity actually exists as a member of the animal kingdom/food chain, not above it as contemporary Western society does.  Because of this, their populations also do not become unsustainable, as ours has.  I think once the dust settles from the Earth Changes we'll gradually move into a society where genuinely planned parenthood becomes a reality...we'll find ways of making sure that unintentional births do not occur, and we'll also hopefully be able to increase global education/wealth levels such that high population centres do not become a problem either.  These are going to be long term problems, and there isn't going to be a quick fix...but without meaning to sound excessively nihilistic or ghoulish, I believe the sheer number of people who are going to die between now and 2012 from natural disasters will take care of most of that existing problem for us.

Whether we believe in their existence or not, I think the story of a particular alien civilisation, the one supposedly from Zeta Reticuli (the stereotypical "greys") is somewhat relevant here...as they were/are supposed to be a race who not only nearly destroyed their environment, but who also rendered themselves impotent and unable to reproduce by tampering with their own genome.  We need to make sure that we do not experience the same fate ourselves.

...&&eMule : Welcome to Aquarian society.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.