Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
"Seth" books - disturbing implication... (Read 21032 times)
Brendan
Ex Member

"Seth" books - disturbing implication...
Jan 1st, 2005 at 10:46pm

I was looking at some old posts (from November) and one poster ("Roger" I think) mentioned that in the "Seth" book(s) (not sure what they are, haven't read 'em) that one cannot reincarnate in the same time frame as the last incarnation.
I find this VERY disturbing.
I liked the late 20th century - it is the absolute GLORY age for the entire existence of the human race, past and future.
I wouldn't want to incarnate in the past - slavery, disease, back-breaking miserable labor, and so forth.
The future will be even worse than the past, as we will run out of oil and return to the freaking MIDDLE AGES by 2025. We dawdled on the development of new sources of energy, and now it is TOO LATE. Since there will be no way to generate energy, we will slowly slip back into a Stone Age world, and will stay there for the rest of our species' existence. This is an absolute, hopeless, unavoidable certainty - do a search on "Duncan+Olduvai Theory" to see what I mean.
For me - I'm not a good conformist. This era (late 20th-early 21st centuries) is the ONLY time that people who are not mindless conformists can have a good life - past and future ages were and will be dominated by superstition and tribalism, which punishes those who don't fit into the herd.
Therefore, if the "Seth" books are true, I'm on the highway to Hell.
UNLESS I can dictate terms of my own reincarnation, including the era I get to live in.
No stop signs, no speed limits...

Resident Skeptic ???

IP Logged

Dora
Ex Member

Re: "Seth" books - disturbing implicatio
Reply #1 - Jan 1st, 2005 at 10:56pm

Quote:
that one cannot reincarnate in the same time frame as the last incarnation.

Your understanding is incorrect
Seth never said that....

IP Logged

Sasuke

How many flavours does
it take to kill a man?

Canada
Reply #2 - Jan 2nd, 2005 at 11:19am

Erm.

Dude.

Fossil fuels are gonna run out, but we know that already. Which is why we HAVE wind power, and we HAVE hydro power, and are working on electric power.

The end of oil is not the end of us. Even if it is, maybe we will slip back into more primative technology, but why the stone age? They didn't use oil in the 16th century, they managed to get along okay. And besides - maybe our technology would go back that way, but we'd have hundreds of years of mental development on those guys, years and years of knowledge that we could use even without that technology. (Taking baths, anyone?)

Trust me, man. Humans are more resourceful than that.

~Does the walker choose the path, or the path the walker?~

IP Logged

Steve_ED
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Jan 2nd, 2005 at 12:29pm

Gas would not be a problem if only our government would stop being persuaded by the oil industry and start promoting Hydrogen Fuel cells.  This fuel can be maunfactured.  Type "Hydrogen Fuel" in google and check it out.

Everyone let's all start endorsoing alternative, clean fuels.

IP Logged

Roger B
Ex Member

Seth indeed said that!
Reply #4 - Jan 2nd, 2005 at 1:12pm

Here is the reference:  page 161 of Seth Speaks.  Seth is discussing the after death experience, specifically about our reviewing of the life we just had.

"If you find severe errors of judgment, you may then correct them.  You may perfect, in other words, but you cannot enter again into that frame of reference as a completely participating consciousness......."

It is clear from that reference and from the context of the chapter that you cannot reincarnate into the same timeframe, such as the late 20th century. 

There are certain ways you can "manipulate" the events of the life you just had, but that's a psychic exercise as opposed to coming back as what Seth calls a participating consciousness.

You might want to read this book, it's easy and cheap to obtain via amazon.

IP Logged

Dora
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Jan 2nd, 2005 at 3:45pm

Roger,

Quote:
It is clear from that reference and from the context of the chapter that you cannot reincarnate into the same timeframe, such as the late 20th century.

We do NOT reaincarnate BACK... to any time frame, or incarnate to the future because everything is simultaneous.... Past, present, future is NOW

only in this physical dimension we created the linear time what we all as one of our physical blue print agreed on, and experiencing as psychical reality....

This  might be a helpful analog, to visualize what is the focuses/lives and the *YOU*..

Elias: I have offered an analogy previously that I shall offer to you that may express a visual, that you may be understanding more of the vastness of yourselves, although this analogy is also quite limited.

In this, I express you to view yourselves as being a room. Your physical self is a room, and within this room there are hundreds of televisions, and each of these televisions holds one channel, one picture, one play, one scenario, and each of them are different, but they are all contained within this one room.

Each of the screens are a focus of you. They are all a creation of you, an aspect of you, and they are all contained within you. You are one of these television screens. You are one focus of attention of essence, just as within your physical body you may focus your attention upon several different areas of your physical form simultaneously. You may be aware of your vision, of your hearing, of your finger tapping, of stimulation of side of your body, of a throbbing toe, all simultaneously. In like manner, your essence is aware and interactive with all of these focuses of attention simultaneously, and viewing all of these television screens at once.

IP Logged

Harrry Hoose

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Reply #6 - Jan 2nd, 2005 at 4:53pm

Hello Brendan, I agree with  Dora's statements that we don't reincarnate backward in time  since things occur  simultaneously.  However, from what I understand of Seth's statements made in many books  and in the ESP class sessions at Jane Roberts apartment in Elmira, other aspects  of ourselves, i.e.  our reincarnational  selves are still alive in other centuries and countries. They are simultaneously there just as we are here in whatever century.  One doesn't have to reincarnate, we have free will - as others  on this forum have stated.  My understanding of  this reincarnation business  is that only those who foul up terribly, and do much damage in society have a reqirement to come into another life on earth. But, this is not the person who has died and needs to pay back debts.  The Higher Self sends back a new  fragment with the same memories to live that life over again, and the original fragment , with free will, remains in the "hereafter."  Harry

IP Logged

Roger B
Ex Member

Brendan's Question
Reply #7 - Jan 2nd, 2005 at 5:27pm

Hi Dora-

Let's go back and focus on Brendan's question.  He wanted to know if he could experience another incarnation in the late 20th century.

The fact is, Seth DID say exactly what I had indicated, namely that an individual cannot re-experience, in physical form, more than one lifetime in the same timeframe.

When you say that is incorrect, and that Seth never said that, it is clear from the quotation I referenced that he did in fact say exactly that. 

I understand about linear vs. simultaneous time, and that everything really is happening at once.  And that is why Seth is correct, not incorrect. 

In other words, Seth is saying what you are saying, but in a different way.  Seth is saying a person cannot have another incarnation in the same frame of reference (meaning, for instance, in the late 20th century).  Why?  Because all time is one time.

You are correct in what you say about time, but you are incorrect in saying Seth never said the quotation that I previously provided.

Bottom line is, this is not good news for Brendan.

Sad

IP Logged

Dora
Ex Member

Reply #8 - Jan 2nd, 2005 at 9:58pm

Roger,

I did not stated  that  Seth didn't said what you quoted, but incorrect in understanding..  the explanation from Seth  mean,  Brendan cannot go back where he already IS

Don't matter how many *linear* lifetime he  have, since all of them is in the now his soul in Seth term, - based on Seth material, - always was, is,  will  experience  that  time period long as he  physically manifested... in any given timeframe even 200  or a 1000 years from now.

That is the reason why Seth expressing that "if you find severe errors of judgment you may correct them" because even though from this physical dimension it seems like the past personality died, therefore that is closed, done, and gone... but it is not... that is not a closed circle, it is because all of the lives simultaneous Brendan was, is and will experience his favorite timeframe....
So  maybe  not that bad news for him.... Cheesy

IP Logged

Sydnei
Ex Member

Re: Confused
Reply #9 - Jan 2nd, 2005 at 10:17pm

Dear Friends ~

It was my understanding that when we leave this physical world and enter the afterlife, we can then choose what we will do, including experiencing another physical life.  How does this fit with what has been discussed in this thread?

Many thanks and love, Sydnei

IP Logged

Glen
Ex Member

Re: Seth indeed said that!
Reply #10 - Jan 2nd, 2005 at 11:24pm

Hi Roger,

I think your interpretation of what Seth said is quite creative, but doesn't reflect what he intended.

When he said, "you cannot enter again into that frame of reference as a completely participating consciousness," he meant that you cannot re-enter the life just lived in order to go back and make changes in that life. There's absolutely nothing in the context of that statement that would imply that an oversoul couldn't have more than one soul living at the same time. In fact, if you follow to the end of that sentence you'll see he refers to "the applied consciousness of your self and your 'contemporaries.'" He was just talking about that particular life of one person. He wasn't excluding the possibility of the same oversoul having other lives at the same time (which is how he describes reincarnation). BTW, for people who have an early edition of the book, we're looking at the first paragraph that starts near the top of page 169 (session 538, after 10:07 pm).

Also, you said to Dora:
Quote:
The fact is, Seth DID say exactly what I had indicated, namely that an individual cannot re-experience, in physical form, more than one lifetime in the same timeframe.

Seth never says that a person experiences more than one lifetime, anyway. What he does say is that each soul/person/lifetime is a part of their greater oversoul, so individual people themselves don't have multiple lives, just memories of other lives/persons which share the same oversoul.

I hope this clears up some of the confusion.

Cheers,
Glen

IP Logged

Glen
Ex Member

Re: Confused
Reply #11 - Jan 2nd, 2005 at 11:36pm

Hi Sydnei,

As you can see, it's often difficult for people to have a shared understanding of these things, especially when we're not in agreement about what the word "you" refers to. As individual human beings enjoying particular lifetimes, the only decisions we make are those pertaining to our present lives. Our oversouls, however, which include all our various reincarnational lives, decide where to insert souls into this space-time reality in order to fulfill its own purposes. If you can understand and accept the idea that all time is simultaneous, from the point of view of the oversoul, then there's no deciding "when we leave this physical world and enter the afterlife," since such decisions exist outside of time.

I hope this helps.

Cheers,
Glen

IP Logged

Axel
Ex Member

Reply #12 - Jan 3rd, 2005 at 2:38am

Hi Sidney!That is so great that some people question things,unlike those who think that they know everything.
I agree with Dora on this.My understanding is that there are no past of future lives,there is just the NOW.Everything is occuring now...then your past of future lives are occuring now...Who created the linear time that we know here?Us of course... Wink

IP Logged

Sydnei
Ex Member

Reply #13 - Jan 3rd, 2005 at 12:00pm

Dear Glen and Axel ~

Thank you both for sharing your thoughts and addressing my question.  Now I have another!  I have read books by both Dr. Brian Weiss and Michael Newton...I'm sure you are familiar with them.  They have regressed (and progressed) hundreds of patients, and have uncovered very similar experiences of the time between lives, including the preparation to 'return' here for another physical life.  How can we reconcile their findings with what has been discussed here?  Thank you once again for your help!

Love, Sydnei

IP Logged

Roger B
Ex Member

Reply #14 - Jan 3rd, 2005 at 12:22pm

Hi Glen-

I was trying to look at it in terms of the question Brendan originally asked.  He really liked the latter part of the 20th century ("he", meaning the aspect of his Oversoul known as Brendan) and would very much like to live another physical incarnation in that same timeframe.

Yes, I know that Seth didn't say an Oversoul couldn't have multiple personalities existing at the same "time."  I think we are mixing apples and oranges here a bit.

Although Brendan's Oversoul might indeed have several incarnations during the last part of the 20th century, the point Seth was making was that the personality of Brendan was not able to re-enter that particular timeframe other than to make some psychic adjustments to it in order to maybe do certain things a different (ie "better") way.  To clean up his act, so to speak.

Yeah, this stuff can get complicated at times, but Brendan just wanted to be Brendan again during a certain historical period that he especially liked.

Hey if we really want to get complicated, let's talk about all of Brendan's probable personalities and lifetimes, which he spun off each time he was faced with certain major decisions, such as should I marry Sarah or Lisa!  Now THAT makes his original question something of a piece of cake.

(hey Brendan, jump in here and join the fun!)

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.