Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
checking out ghost on a ship (Read 2254 times)
Lucy

C1
checking out ghost on a ship
Apr 23rd, 2006 at 7:10pm

IP Logged

betson

Afterlife Knowledge Member

SE USA
Re: checking out ghost on a ship
Reply #1 - Apr 24th, 2006 at 10:13am

Greetings Lucy  Smiley

Your Boston source is into some really fascinating news again!  Have you seen the report elsewhere too? I wonder because I was visiting a replica of an old sailing ship a few years ago in Wilmington NC and was surprised that one of the 'historical enactors' was allowed to smoke below deck. He wore off-white with stripes at wrists and knees on knee-length knicker type slacks and had his pipe. He was pretty solid-looking, not wispy but he did dissapear quickly.
So now I wonder if a ghost sailor goes from ship to ship? Guess I'll google around for someone to contact. could you let me know if you get more information, please?
He seemed pretty happy with all those volunteers doing the real work.  Bet he'd resist a retrieval!

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
Shakespeare

IP Logged

Lucy

C1
Re: checking out ghost on a ship
Reply #2 - Apr 24th, 2006 at 2:35pm

I haven't found anything else on the ghost yet but on a mundane C1 level, I learned that some trees uproted by Katrina will be used to repair the ship in question.

"Last fall about 200 of the 2,000 Live oaks along the Coast in Biloxi, Pass Christian, Long Beach and Gulfport, which were uprooted by Hurricane Katrina, were pledged to the restoration effort of what's believed to be the world's last wooden whaling vessel. The 164-year-old Charles W. Morgan has been designated as a national historic landmark."

http://www.sunherald.com/mld/sunherald/news/state/14408780.htm

I don't think there is any other info available. I can't get back to the original article, but this line was in a spin-off

"He (Laird) also received about 40 other reports of possible paranormal activity before those groups related their experiences. Museum officials gave the group permission to conduct the investigation."

So this wasn't the first set of reports, though it was a strong one. But maybe there are other possibly haunted ships all up and down the seacoast...

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.