Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Possible interpretation? (Read 2349 times)
SilverEdge
Ex Member

Possible interpretation?
Apr 15th, 2006 at 7:02am

Hi. I'm rather new to all of this, so I'm just going to cut right to the chase.

Lately (as in the last month or two) my dreams have been consisting of 2 things (either both together or one seperately). They are: 1. My ex-girlfriend (note that the two of us are still very close), and 2. Tornadoes. My last two dreams I remember very vividly.

The first one, which includes both, deals with a camping trip. I don't remember exactly where it was we were. We were there for awhile (we being my ex, myself, and a couple other people I know). Then a tornado came (I'd say it was maybe an F2 or F3) and we spent nearly an hour just dodging it. Finally when we were able to get away from it, we went into a friend's camper and ended up cuddling with one another on their couch.

The second one was in a store (much like a Wal-Mart). I was in there getting something, and when I got outside after buying what I got I was being robbed by 2 people. One of them knocked me down and was pointing a gun at me while going through the bag from the store. I attempted to get away from him and he ended up shooting me right below the right side of my ribcage. I was able to crawl back inside the store and get to the courtesy desk asking for help. When the medics arrive, I find out that the one that ends up saving me was my ex. The dream continues on from there, but I don't remember just exactly what happens after all of that other than I don't end up dieing.

I'd just like some insight as to why I seem to be stuck on dreaming about just those two things.

IP Logged

Carolyn
Ex Member

Re: Possible interpretation?
Reply #1 - Apr 15th, 2006 at 2:18pm

Hello SilverEdge,

If dreams repeat, or dream symbols, I'd consider that quite attention-getting, and important to look at those dreams closely.

It helps writing down the dream, and then listing each of the dream symbols, and then words or expressions you assosiate with each thing. That way, you come up with associations particular to you. However, having feedback from others helps in that regard, can spark associations of your own that you might overlook.

I had fun with this, as I thought a bit about tornados, and stormy unpredictable weather, which I would associate with emotions, and thought I'd google for dream symbols about this. I admit, I got carried away. I had no idea there were so many dream symbol dictionaries on the internet.

Here is a list of ideas I garnered from these web-sites.  Go with your gut feeling about this, if any thing applies or not.

Tornado: may indicate the onset of sudden and major change in your life. Self-destruction. Something unpredictable or uncontrollable; emotional turmoil, as in a "whirlwind of emotions", violent emotional storms.  An overwhelming and/or destructive situation in the dreamer's life, most likely out of the dreamer's control. A feeling of being taken advantage of or victimized. If you have reoccurring tornado dreams consider the emotional changes in your life and also the amount of anger and rage that you may be currently experiencing. Tornadoes could also represent disruptions and upsets in your immediate environment and specific or current issues that may be overwhelming. It may be a sign to "get a grip" on what is possibly spinning out of control & deal more effectively with your emotions. Or, a surprise is coming—a surprise so unexpected and outrageous that the dreamer will be "blown away".

Shot:  Being shot within a dream may indicate feeling wounded about something and allowing the hurt to sabotage your well-being; Attempting something, taking a shot ; Taking a wild guess, a shot in the dark; Being a decision-maker or leader, calling the shots; Needing or wanting to try something new, giving it a shot; Trying your best, giving it your best shot; Something that is worn out, broken or ruined, shot. This symbol could point to aggression in some form, and often reflects a loss of life force energy due to emotional turmoil caused by traumatic events in one's life that they have a hard time dealing and coping with; usually an experience involving an aggressor.  It is important not to give our energy away to others by giving them permission to upset us.  I'm not saying that the original event(s) wasn't difficult or that it was possible to avoid, but I am saying that you need to put a stop to the emotional turmoil that is continuing long after the event(s)...it needs to be brought to the surface and healed, so you don't continue to symbolically "die a thousand deaths. "

(you  are shot in the gut or stomach?, may be you have a negative gut reaction about something, or you can't stomach a situation)

Thief, Robber, Stealing: To dream that you are a witness to a theft, indicates that others are wasting and stealing your time, energy, and ideas. A threat to your sense of ownership ; Being too attached to material possessions;  A symbol of loss or invasion; Allowing yourself to be a victim of circumstance; Feeling that someone is taking advantage of you ; An opportunist or somebody who lacks integrity; Capitalizing on vulnerability. To dream that someone is stealing money or something else from you means you're feeling that life - or something in it - feels very demanding right now, or that people are tending to want things from you - especially in manipulative ways. Being stolen from in a dream can also mean you're feeling disrespected, not validated, and/or undervalued somehow. To dream that you are stealing from someone else means that you either feel that they genuinely "owes you" somehow, or that you have an important need that requires your attention. If someone steals from you, then someone is trying to encroach on your territory in some way, and perhaps to take full credit for something you’ve accomplished. If the dreamer is concerned about safety, security, and financial affairs, this dream could reflect those fears. Whether the fear—that someone in some way is going to rip you off—is real or not depends on the circumstances and other symbols in the dream. If the dreamer is looking for love, this could represent a warning: The dreamer could meet and fall for someone fascinating, but who has an agenda of his or her own and could end up breaking the dreamer’s heart.

Two : balance of yin-yang principles, or male/female energies-either it's needed or it's achieved.

Camp, camps, camper, camping, camped: A  temporary home or phase; May symbolize taking a break, need for relaxation. You may be looking to be more in touch with nature and for a simpler life. Alternatively, it refers to your social circle and support group. You need to have a sense of belonging, but at the same time be self-sufficient and independent. To dream that you are living in a camper, indicates that you need to move on with regards to some aspect of your life. You may be dwelling on a situation and it is time to move forward. Alternatively, you may be expressing your desire to be more independent and self-sufficient.

I hope this helps. Again, I find it most helpful to make a list of my own, when looking at my dreams. The act of writing down the unexpected details allows things to click in unusual ways.

Love, Carolyn

PS. Here are some sites for dream dictionaries:

http://dreamemporium.com/dream_symbols.html

http://soulfuture.com/dream_dictionary/dream_dictionary_main.asp

http://www.mydreamvisions.com/dictionary-t.htm

http://www.dreamloverinc.com

http://www.maljonicsdreams.com/Dream_Dictionary/dictionary-s-t.htm

http://astrocenter.astrology.msn.com/msn/DreamDictionary7.aspx

http://www.dreammoods.com/dreamdictionary/c.htm

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.