Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Several Dreams With Dual Consciousness (Read 2342 times)
Vicky
YaBB Administrator

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Colorado
Several Dreams With Dual Consciousness
Mar 9th, 2006 at 2:05pm

This dream was broken up into sections and involved separate time frames, but it kept running  throughout the night like one like continuous dream.  The common thread through the entire dream is that I have my own sense of myself and I know that I am playing a role of another person, or it is like I am seeing their life through their eyes.  The only way I can describe it is that I feel like a point of consciousness, don't feel like I have a body other than the fact that I know I am experiencing what someone else is experiencing.  These dreams were kind of exhausting!

In the first part I find myself walking through a warehouse that seems old and abandoned because everything is covered in dirt, ash, and filth.  This place is either below ground or it is supposed to be hidden or secret.  I feel that this used to be a part of a camp or living/working quarters, but there has been some disaster or devastation.  I am part of a team or camp, and they have sent me down there to see if there is anything to retrieve to bring up for the rest of my group, anything like food or materials that we can use.  I have a fear that everything is now contaminated, but I decided to bring a few things anyway, just what I can carry in my arms. 

At this point I become aware of my sense of my own thoughts and feelings, and I have a dual consciousness between my own consciousness and that of the person I am acting as.  It is as if I am living this person's life but having my own consciousness inside. 

As I am gathering some items from a shelf, I suddenly feel as if someone is watching me.   

The next thing I know is, I am a point of consciousness and am not inside that person anymore.  I am pulled back away from him physically and I am observing him.  At first when I thought that someone was watching him, I thought it was another person, but I know now that it was just me.  My thoughts are now separate from his, but my awareness goes between being myself as an observer and being this other person and now there is a balance, which makes it a lot less confusing.

Now that my awareness is equal in both places, I can observe and also feel this person's actions.  He hurries to grab the things he wants and turns to leave.  The door isn't far from where we are and I feel him hope that he can get out safely.  I, myself, feel that it isn't safe to be down there, as if the whole place could collapse at any time.   

Now it is another scene altogether.  I still have the dual awareness of being my regular self as a point of consciousness with no body, but also being another person.  I find myself traveling very fast down a winding mountain dirt road.  I know that I am going way too fast for this road, and it feels very dangerous but I cannot slow down.  My heart is beating fast and don't want to be on this road anymore.  The next thing I know is I am thrown from the road.  I can't tell what is happening but I am aware now of two large trucks crashing.  The trucks were carrying a huge load of wood and coal.  Now I am aware that I am lying in a crevice and I cannot move.  I am merely my thoughts, but my vantage point is that of being this other person, and I feel trapped and I see this person's body lying paralyzed.  There is dirt and rock caving in on me and piling up around me.  I still have my separate sense of my self, yet I am stuck in this person's body.  I wish I could move but I can't, and the amount of light I can see is diminishing as the debris begins to cover me.  Now I am very scared of being trapped and buried alive, and I fear that no one will know where I am.  In my thoughts I begin to panic because I know this isn't my life, it is someone else's, yet I am trapped here as well.  I'm afraid to die like this.  Suddenly a calming feeling comes over me telling me that this is not my life as Vicky and that the real me won't die.   I am merely observing.  A peaceful feeling comes over me as I realize that this is not really the end, as the last bit of light fades away. 

The next dream scene is where I find myself in a sort of cave dwelling.  There are many people here.  I see there is a pool inside the cave, sort of a natural spring, and everyone wants to get in it.  I have a strong urge to go in, but again I have the split awareness of being me and being another person.  I begin to walk into the pool just as the water is draining out.  All the others begin to get out of the pool and I look in the water and there are tiny water creatures swimming around. 

My own thoughts are wondering if they are jelly fish but no one is getting stung so I don't know what they are.  I have a few stuck to my ankles so I pull them off and put them back in the water.  As I get out a woman is pouring something into the pool.  (She looks to me as if she is either stupid or drunk.  She just seems very low in intelligence).  I kindly say to her that she ought not to do that or she might kill the fish.  I realize how dumb all these people are.  They just don't seem to have a very high level of awareness or intelligence. 

I decide to leave the cave and I find myself in a village of some sort.  I am a point of consciousness again, where I feel that I am actually in the scene but that I am observing invisibly and cannot be seen by the others.  We are in a hut and there are women sitting in a circle making baskets.  An older woman is teaching the others what to do.  There is a young woman who comes in and stands before the older woman.  I sense that the older woman is in charge, and she is reprimanding the younger woman about something.  I feel sorry for her and want to help, but I know there is nothing I can do since I am only observing this. 

Author of Persephone's Journey (Amazon.com)

http://www.vickyshort.blogspot.com/
WWW 198267046870499  
IP Logged

spooky2

Re: Several Dreams With Dual Consciousness
Reply #1 - Mar 9th, 2006 at 9:43pm

Hi Vicky,
I had a similar dream like your first one in the night from March 7th to 8th.
I was in a very large house, or palace, with one other (or more) person, and I was an intruder, I felt like I could be a robber, but didn't know for sure, I and the guy with me were searching for something in the palace, and we went through the large rooms. The furniture and general look of the rooms were in an old style, maybe of the 18th century, very luxurious and expensive (no dust). We met a woman there who belonged to the house. She seemed to have no fear, she was friendly and led us through the rooms. There was another wing of the building that I knew was occupied by other persons who were living there and there were doors to the other wing of the building. I avoided to go into the other wing because I didn't want to be noticed by the people in that other part of the palace. I remember I left a door half opened, so that I could have a look through the gap and/or hear if something was going on behind that door. There was another woman in the room behind that door, I think it was a room of the part of the palace which I didn't want to go in. I knew we should be quick, find and grab the things we wanted or could use and then leave the building.

Spooky

"I'm going where the pavement turns to sand"&&Neil Young, "Thrasher"

IP Logged

Leilah

Nevada
Reply #2 - Mar 10th, 2006 at 9:05pm

When did you have this dream? Note that I didn't read your post untill today and yet we seemed to have shared a somehwat similar dream. I find this very interesting.

Here is a part of my journal entry from last night:

I was still the same “person” but I had a different body.  A young guy’s body. I recall standing up in a classroom doing some sort of presentation (speech?) while thinking, “This is weird. I’m still me and yet everyone sees me as this Caucasian guy with short hair and black-rimmed glasses. I miss my old face/body/being female.”

mangledloser  
IP Logged

Vicky
YaBB Administrator

Colorado
Reply #3 - Mar 10th, 2006 at 11:00pm

Hi everyone, thanks for responding.

Leilah, I had this dream on 02/25/06. 

It seems like I'm not the only one who dreams this way.  I wonder if these dreams really mean anything, like retrievals, past lives, etc.  Or like ParanoidAndroid said, something similar to the I/There. 

I find them extremely interesting because of my conscious awareness in them, which when you think about it is a very strange concept.  Normally when we sleep, it is our subconscious that takes over and controls the dreamed events.   

A lucid dream is when you have consciousness in your dream and you are aware that you are dreaming, and you can change the dream events if you choose to.

But in these types of dreams that we're describing here, we (or at least I was) fully aware of my conscious mind and who I am in real life, yet I was not in control of these events like in a lucid dream.  In fact, I didn't think it was a dream, it felt real, as if I was observing real life events. 

Vicky
Smiley

Author of Persephone's Journey (Amazon.com)

http://www.vickyshort.blogspot.com/
WWW 198267046870499  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.