Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
believe I met another focus of mine (Read 4520 times)
Alysia
Ex Member

believe I met another focus of mine
Nov 12th, 2004 at 6:47pm

yea, so Dora and all. I really think I met myself so I'm going to try and describe it trying to keep in mind what Elias says about this sort of thing.
I did have the objective to do so. however, it was several years ago and I had not read anything about Elias essence groups yet. I had read Seth and his oversoul thing however.
Insofar as the objective, the intention to do this; it was formed this way for all who want to try it.
actually, to be honest, the objective was little more than a desire, really a search to get some support for a difficult time I was having then, Briefly, I was being quite wimpy and weepy over something I knew I had to do but didn't feel up to it. As I was in my mind relegating myself to the feminine area of passity, and wishing for the moment I was a "man" the principle of action, I then desired to find the action principle within myself and off I flew, seemingly into the great blue yonder, by what we call obe these days. some would call the fellow I met my counterpart as he was male. but looking back now, I think I would feel more comfortable with defining him as another focus of mine, alive physically I think in this time frame in of all places Italy. this fits well that it be Italy as frankly I have a fondness for the people and their emotional expression like I have for no other race. but here's the story as my brain recalls:

zip. I'm traveling on that familiar current again which is like electricity. I am inside a hall standing in the doorway of his house. I know I am standing there in my feelings. of hopefulness and a bit down in the mouth. I am waiting for him. there must be some assistance here of invisible nature for some unknown intelligence has gone to fetch him to me. I see him rounding the corner of another room and walking towards me and I get greatly excited and focus on his eyes. They look exactly like my own eyes, the energy which comes from his eyes is the same as my own. I see myself in him, as a male. the other features on his face are not mine. just the eyes. there goes between a feeling of reunion and ecstatic joy in this. Pul, as it were. it's been so long it seems since we were last together, and how are you doing? none of this talk was verbal but quickly understood as the offering of rotes described by Monroe. I ask him what does he think of the way I am handling my problems and he right away settles my mind that he is connected to me and has observed I'm handling the situation well and not to worry, that I am truly not wimping out as I feared. all the time his nature is amiable and easy going, just as I might think that a male counterpart would be. so then I am desiring a peek at his life and the subject turns to the fact that he is raising 3 daughters, and strangely enough I discover he is raising the teens exactly as I raised my own with the same sort of amusement and befuddlement that I went through with mine. he laughs and tells me that he knows when he makes a household rule it is going to be tested as they run up against his authority to test their own powers of their developing individuality. we laugh at this because he tells me he has wild children but they generally concede in the end dad was right.there was no doubt he had his hands full.
and that was it. just another me, doing my thing over in Italy and apparently having a gay old time.

did it help me to feel I was more balanced in active/passive polarity way than I thought? yes. but I still had to deal with the fear head on that I was generating around the situation I had to face.
love, alysia

IP Logged

Sydnei
Ex Member

Re: Soul Groups
Reply #1 - Nov 13th, 2004 at 1:04pm

Dear Alysia~

I recognized this experience as one you had shared with me a while back...and I found it just as fascinating now as then!  I must say that what Tim mentioned about Soul Groups also resonates with my own feelings on the matter, as well as what I have read.  Newton and others have done an excellent job of describing our soul groups and how we decide together with whom we will incarnate with and experience certain lifetimes.  To me, it seems that this man from Italy could be a part of your soul group, with whom you have shared other incarnations and are very connected with.  Of course, I understand a bit now what Elias says of this and am happy to say that I no longer find it to be such a contradiction to other views, such as Newton's.  I am seeing more and more that they may actually be different ways of describing the same thing.  At least this is how it feels to me.  I like the thought: NO ABSOLUTES.  What a freeing concept!

Much love, Sydnei

IP Logged

Alysia
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Nov 15th, 2004 at 9:56am

: Dear Alysia~

: I recognized this experience as one you had shared with me a while back...and I found it just as fascinating now as then!  I must say that what Tim mentioned about Soul Groups also resonates with my own feelings on the matter, as well as what I have read.  Newton and others have done an excellent job of describing our soul groups and how we decide together with whom we will incarnate with and experience certain lifetimes.  To me, it seems that this man from Italy could be a part of your soul group, with whom you have shared other incarnations and are very connected with.  Of course, I understand a bit now what Elias says of this and am happy to say that I no longer find it to be such a contradiction to other views, such as Newton's.  I am seeing more and more that they may actually be different ways of describing the same thing.  At least this is how it feels to me.  I like the thought: NO ABSOLUTES.  What a freeing concept!

: Much love, Sydnei

I forgot to tell you once I saw you as part of our group here, you were sitting with your child, the boy was smaller, around one, I think, in your lap and you smiled at me...hee hee. I said now, who's that, she likes me! hee. nothing profound here, just wanted to share that I didn't know who it was (2001 or 2002) now I think it was my dear Sydnei friend. this was when I imagined being at retriever school and before I met you.
yes, I like no absolutes, and it's like Murpheys law, but you can turn that around to anything that can go right, can and will go right, and anything that goes wrong, you can find the right inside of the wrong by listening very intently.
sometimes I think it does not matter much what we say here, it only matters that we make connections to each other, touching base as it were. love, alysia

IP Logged

sydnei
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Nov 16th, 2004 at 9:45am

Dear Alysia ~

How very cool!  I feel very honored that you saw me in this extraordinary company.  And that we met even before we met here is awesome!  And as a little confidence booster...Ben would have been about 1 year old at the time you mentioned (end of 2001/beginning 2002).  Not bad! Smiley)

Love, Sydnei

IP Logged

Timber
Ex Member

soulgroups
Reply #4 - Nov 13th, 2004 at 12:21pm

I love it Alysia!

I'm unsure of what Elias would say, as I've never read anything of his.
But I've been made aware of this very event recently....so I would say that this time now, is something that is meant to happen.
Did this man from Italy seem like a long lost brother?

The reason I ask this is:  I just finished rereading Ultimate Journey by Monroe, and near the end of the book he asks a guide of his about this other self he is aware of, a woman he thinks living at his present time.  The Guide replies "she would seem like a long lost sister to you, but you need not dwell on meeting her".

Personally, I just love being aware of other members of my extended soul group (disk?).

When I went to Gateway, in one visualization I was on this round stage, abave all these people.  An angel was standing behind me....this great big guy. Mom was standing next to me.  I look out at all the people and realized that these were all members of my soul group.  Surrounding the stage were hundreds of people, some I recognized (Marilyn and Sharon off to my left, my wife and son near the edge of the stage...) and others I didn't.  But extended off to my right was a stream of thousands more people, and the stream went on for as far as I could see.
It made me realize that no, I am truly not alone here.

hope this helps sister...............Tim

IP Logged

Alysia
Ex Member

Re: soulgroups
Reply #5 - Nov 15th, 2004 at 10:21am

: I love it Alysia!

: I'm unsure of what Elias would say, as I've never read anything of his.
_____

he's interesting how he puts words. more personal than Seth approach, more emphasis on the person and what they are doing with their life. one of his focus's Oscar Wilde has a book of short quotations I'm interested in to see his writing style which is not the same as Elias writing style as Elias, like Dora said is thousands of personalities combined. I'm only interested in one personality at a time though, but I do try to see the big picture! yeaaaa!!!!
________

: But I've been made aware of this very event recently....so I would say that this time now, is something that is meant to happen.
: Did this man from Italy seem like a long lost brother?
_______
yes, a brother. very very close. not a lover. unless you can fall in love with yourself. lol! I am probably in love with myself. drat. anyway, he was ordinary man, I am ordinary woman. I just remember thinking those are my eyes within his head...first I just remembered I was led there and told by guides to look into a full length mirror; I looked into the mirror and that's when I saw him walking towards me smiling a greeting. it was "me" as an Italian man. so can't say brother really, unless I am my own brother! lol! we were so much at the same station in life, so was not going to make him my guru for sure, but just idea of being connected this way helps during times of trouble where emotions get out of control and need someone to say, you doing great. keep it up.
_______

: The reason I ask this is:  I just finished rereading Ultimate Journey by Monroe, and near the end of the book he asks a guide of his about this other self he is aware of, a woman he thinks living at his present time.  The Guide replies "she would seem like a long lost sister to you, but you need not dwell on meeting her".
________
that's true, we just curious beings anyway and do what we want in that regard; sometimes just do the opposite what we told to see what happens. but I don't desire to meet my other self again, its like the emotion surrounding it was peaceful, enough peace to carry one a long long time without doing it again for that purpose.
_____

: Personally, I just love being aware of other members of my extended soul group (disk?).

: When I went to Gateway, in one visualization I was on this round stage, abave all these people.  An angel was standing behind me....this great big guy. Mom was standing next to me.  I look out at all the people and realized that these were all members of my soul group.  Surrounding the stage were hundreds of people, some I recognized (Marilyn and Sharon off to my left, my wife and son near the edge of the stage...) and others I didn't.  But extended off to my right was a stream of thousands more people, and the stream went on for as far as I could see.
: It made me realize that no, I am truly not alone here.

: hope this helps sister...............Tim

no we not alone! ain't it grand? feel really close to you too Tim and a lot of people here. maybe it's the shift helping us make connections. always I would say, gotta get off this board, but always I come back so has to be some reason why I'm not going anywhere very far away. don't you think the veil of forgetfulness when we came in here had a purpose? because I never would have had any experiences if I'd of known who I'd been and who I was and I would have been more confused than I already am! I always say the state of confusion great state of mind to be in! born optimist I guess.
this morning woke up and words "I awaken by going to sleep" came into head. then friend emails me something about sleep and awakening and I think, hmmm. we must have been talking out there!

love, and thanks for responding from your heart. alysia

IP Logged

Dora
Ex Member

Re: believe I met another focus of mine
Reply #6 - Nov 12th, 2004 at 10:38pm

: yea, so Dora and all. I really think I met myself so I'm going to try and describe it trying to keep in mind what Elias says about this sort of thing.
: I did have the objective to do so. however, it was several years ago and I had not read anything about Elias essence groups yet. I had read Seth and his oversoul thing however.
: Insofar as the objective, the intention to do this; it was formed this way for all who want to try it.
: actually, to be honest, the objective was little more than a desire, really a search to get some support for a difficult time I was having then, Briefly, I was being quite wimpy and weepy over something I knew I had to do but didn't feel up to it. As I was in my mind relegating myself to the feminine area of passity, and wishing for the moment I was a "man" the principle of action, I then desired to find the action principle within myself and off I flew, seemingly into the great blue yonder, by what we call obe these days. some would call the fellow I met my counterpart as he was male. but looking back now, I think I would feel more comfortable with defining him as another focus of mine, alive physically I think in this time frame in of all places Italy. this fits well that it be Italy as frankly I have a fondness for the people and their emotional expression like I have for no other race. but here's the story as my brain recalls:

: zip. I'm traveling on that familiar current again which is like electricity. I am inside a hall standing in the doorway of his house. I know I am standing there in my feelings. of hopefulness and a bit down in the mouth. I am waiting for him. there must be some assistance here of invisible nature for some unknown intelligence has gone to fetch him to me. I see him rounding the corner of another room and walking towards me and I get greatly excited and focus on his eyes. They look exactly like my own eyes, the energy which comes from his eyes is the same as my own. I see myself in him, as a male. the other features on his face are not mine. just the eyes. there goes between a feeling of reunion and ecstatic joy in this. Pul, as it were. it's been so long it seems since we were last together, and how are you doing? none of this talk was verbal but quickly understood as the offering of rotes described by Monroe. I ask him what does he think of the way I am handling my problems and he right away settles my mind that he is connected to me and has observed I'm handling the situation well and not to worry, that I am truly not wimping out as I feared. all the time his nature is amiable and easy going, just as I might think that a male counterpart would be. so then I am desiring a peek at his life and the subject turns to the fact that he is raising 3 daughters, and strangely enough I discover he is raising the teens exactly as I raised my own with the same sort of amusement and befuddlement that I went through with mine. he laughs and tells me that he knows when he makes a household rule it is going to be tested as they run up against his authority to test their own powers of their developing individuality. we laugh at this because he tells me he has wild children but they generally concede in the end dad was right.there was no doubt he had his hands full.
: and that was it. just another me, doing my thing over in Italy and apparently having a gay old time.

: did it help me to feel I was more balanced in active/passive polarity way than I thought? yes. but I still had to deal with the fear head on that I was generating around the situation I had to face.
: love, alysia

Alysia,

"I'm going to try and describe it trying to keep in mind what Elias says about this sort of thing.
"

Well not Elias or Seth, or speaking from my own experiences, or the individuals who I interact with described, their connection with their other focuses as you describe.....but quite interesting what you experienced...

Was this encounter in your dream state?

The reason is your experience kind of unusual, because in my understanding - and my experiences - support Seth/Elias... that *I* as essence manifest as focuses/lives.. and each focus is a different one, new one, with new experiences, different aligments with beliefs, and may or may not even similiar physical features... there is no point for as *I* essence manifesting and experiencing the same lives.. same circumstences... and certainly when anyone who I interact with, or myself  connecting with  other focuses,  is not like meeting someone else, and talk to them as a different person... that focus as me now as that individual(s) also me.. so I don't experience them as a separate individuals who I talk to...

But as Elias stating  many time there is NO ABSOLUTE...and every experience is just as valid then any other, long as we understand that what we believe it is true to us, but certainly not the Ultimate truth...

Love
Dora

IP Logged

Alysia
Ex Member

Re: believe I met another focus of mine
Reply #7 - Nov 13th, 2004 at 10:17am

: But as Elias stating  many time there is NO ABSOLUTE...and every experience is just as valid then any other, long as we understand that what we believe it is true to us, but certainly not the Ultimate truth...

: Love
: Dora

I live by the idea of no absolutes, so then that helps me keep an open mind. I suppose if we all had a common experience down to the last detail in any realm at all it would not be individual experience we are having and we would all get bored and leave! well, it keeps things interesting to be observing of everyone's experiences. you asked me if I was in dream state when this meeting took place, but I cannot say yes or no. there are some dreams that start off with traveling feeling, the electric current I mentioned and these are more lucid and more of a sense of being active with choices therein as well as emotional and impressing me many days thereafter. other dreams sometimes just show me what's going on under the surface thought.

one thing I notice about Elias that I like is he will say to others "offer me your impression"
and a lot of the time he will substantiate their impression and clarify it for them. one thing I noticed about this other focus which I have a gut feeling was me, was he was a disaplinarian with kids, but I was never the disaplinarian; I was too lenient, so we were opposites in that regard, but the outcome was the same, as his kids and my kids turned out ok. I always wondered if they would, sensing my inability to guide them. hee hee; one time I had to tackle my 14 yr old and lay on top of her to keep her from climbing out the window! (she was grounded, but I didn't know I would literally have to ground her with my body!) I'm getting off topic again, but just trying to make a point that he wasn't living the same life as me; for one thing he was extroverted as all Italians do seem to be emotionally extroverted verbally speaking, I was the opposite in my expressions for the most part. I think what he was trying to tell me that there's no right way or wrong way to raise children or to deal with fears and the lack of disapline which lies within oneself really. I was having to disapline my fears at this time and I simply was letting them rule me.
then I think that the interpretor part of the mind interprets these things the best it can with images supplied but it's only a symbol of the deeper communication going on.
thanks for your observations; I have never read one thing about Elias which does not resonate strongly as the truth for me. love, alysia

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.