Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Floating portraits usually as visions (Read 9416 times)
bets
Ex Member

Floating portraits usually as visions
Jan 17th, 2006 at 5:52am

Greetings,
this wasn't an afterlife experience until recently; now I wonder if you've read about in Bruce's books, and what it means?--
During the 1980's I had about 6 visions of portraits floating towards me. The subjects were attractive, healthy and happy people in their prime.  Within a couple of weeks of each portrait, I'd meet that person and enjoy getting to know them, altho since they were grad students they were pretty busy. Also they were never as ideal as their portraits--more haggard, scarred, unhappy to varying degrees.
More recently I attempted a retreival, using my old  made up methods since Bruce's books haven't arrived yet, and a person resembling (but not conclusively, apparently) appeared in the same format as the floating portraits as before. In the '90's I did some portriat drawing and painting.--is this just spirit accommodating to what's familiar to me? Or does a head-&-shoulders view signify something?
Any helpappreciated>
bets

IP Logged

recoverer

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Re: Floating portraits usually as visions
Reply #1 - Jan 19th, 2006 at 1:41pm

Hello bets:

I would say that by using the portrait format, spirit is accomodating you, and showing you that it knows you quite well, and is close to you.

I found that spirit will often communicate to me in ways that makes sense to me. Sometimes it will show me things on what looks like internet pages, sometimes on television screens, and sometimes in books that are displayed in front of me.

IP Logged

PhoenixRa
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Jan 19th, 2006 at 2:17pm

Yup, when i tapp into the akashic dimension while during dream state, my conscious mind/brain translates it as having read a book (albeit a very kool, realistic 3D movie like book) in a huge library.

IP Logged

bets
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Jan 19th, 2006 at 2:29pm

Thank you , recoverer and PhoenixRa.
I very much appreciate and respect the information and the leadership you give to this board.

IP Logged

PhoenixRa
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Jan 19th, 2006 at 8:26pm

Thank you bets, thats one of the nicest things that someone here has ever said to me.

Not sure i'm deserving of it, but i very much appreciate the sentiment.

Thanks, and hope you have a great Friday/Weekend Smiley

IP Logged

Vicky
YaBB Administrator

Colorado
Reply #5 - Jan 20th, 2006 at 12:30am

Hey Bets,

From the way you describe it, I am pretty sure I know what you are referring to when you say you see "portraits" of these people.  Tell me, when you saw these visions, were you sleeping or awake?  I have seen people this way, but not before having met them as you said you have.  Mine happen during OBE's, and I can only tell you that what you describe seems to match what I have seen.  I've often wondered why they appear this way.  I believe that what I was seeing beyond their physical likeness and actually seeing the inner self, the true higher self.  They radiate PUL.

Author of Persephone's Journey (Amazon.com)

http://www.vickyshort.blogspot.com/
WWW 198267046870499  
IP Logged

recoverer

Reply #6 - Jan 20th, 2006 at 11:36am

Thank you for the kind words bet.

I like Justin's contributions too.

Perhaps you see spirits within picture frames, because doing so in such a way feels safe to you.

IP Logged

bets
Ex Member

Reply #7 - Jan 20th, 2006 at 12:11pm

Hurray Vicky!
I'm thankful you see these too. I feel they were in an ideal state too--does that imply we have a job to help get them back that way? Like "Here's a new potential friend (or a very past-life one?). Now you see who they truly are; soon you'll see what life has done to them. Help them become their true selves.'---?
Don't tell my boss but i was having these visions at work sometimes, and sometimes at home. It was very quiet both places, but I didn't consider it OBE, --altho I have heard that Fwoosh sound (reentry?) when daydreams are interrupted. I thought my neck and eardrums were just tensing up.
I like your interpretation of the frames, recoverer. It does make me feel safer to think that would be done, tho I never realized it before.  Thanks.

IP Logged

Vicky
YaBB Administrator

Colorado
Reply #8 - Jan 20th, 2006 at 1:04pm

Bets, I just phoned your boss--boy, are you ever in big trouble!  Just kidding.   Wink

Wow, visions during waking--I've only had that very few times. 

When recoverer mentioned the frames, I didn't think of it that way.  I haven't actually seen a frame around anybody, just the head and shoulders in a "portrait-like"  view of them. 

I think when we are communicating with someone's spirit from a higher perspective that is when we know them in this "ideal state", and it is as if the physical has shed away along with all the problems, worry, illness, etc.

WWW 198267046870499  
IP Logged

recoverer

Reply #9 - Jan 20th, 2006 at 1:12pm

I have similar experiences. I'll be watching TV, listening to music or reading a book, and suddenly I'll be pulled into an altered state of consciousness and see something. Things such as a very enticing white light, a landscape, people interacting with each other, or whatever.

IP Logged

PhoenixRa
Ex Member

Reply #10 - Jan 20th, 2006 at 3:08pm

Thanks Albert, i very much think the same of you too.  Same for a lot of people here, and we all have our niche and important places for growth purposes.

IP Logged

recoverer

Reply #11 - Jan 20th, 2006 at 4:58pm

Your welcome.

Quote:
 Thanks Albert, i very much think the same of you too.  Same for a lot of people here, and we all have our niche and important places for growth purposes.

IP Logged

bets
Ex Member

Reply #12 - Jan 20th, 2006 at 5:50pm

Vicky, recoverer,
Vicky, you say '...communicating with them...' Did either of  you talk/trade thoughts with them then? (I used to jerk away being startled when they started moving, but Bruce Moen's book came today so I hope to go about this in a more organized way soon.)
Do you think these images were direct from those individuals pictured or from the Great ---- ? (by personal intent soul to soul, or 'for the greater good') ?
Are either of you a photographer who takes portraits?
I draw them but hadn't at the time of these earliest  experiences, for what that's worth.
bets

IP Logged

recoverer

Reply #13 - Jan 20th, 2006 at 6:18pm

No. The images don't hang around long enough to start a conversation. And people aren't the only thing I see. Sometimes the images have messages. Sometimes they don't mean anything.

Quote:
Vicky, recoverer,
Vicky, you say '...communicating with them...' Did either of  you talk/trade thoughts with them then? (I used to jerk away being startled when they started moving, but Bruce Moen's book came today so I hope to go about this in a more organized way soon.)
Do you think these images were direct from those individuals pictured or from the Great ---- ? (by personal intent soul to soul, or 'for the greater good') ?
I draw them but hadn't at the time of these earliest  experiences, for what that's worth.
bets

IP Logged

Vicky
YaBB Administrator

Colorado
Reply #14 - Jan 20th, 2006 at 6:58pm

Quote:
Vicky, recoverer,
Vicky, you say '...communicating with them...' Did either of  you talk/trade thoughts with them then? (I used to jerk away being startled when they started moving, but Bruce Moen's book came today so I hope to go about this in a more organized way soon.)
I draw them but hadn't at the time of these earliest  experiences, for what that's worth.
bets

What I was talking about only happens during OBE's, and yes there is communication and it is at a high/fast vibration rate, and my experience with this is with people I know and who are physically alive. 

No, I am not a photographer.  Always wanted to be though--not portrait picture taking but the outdoors. 

WWW 198267046870499  
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.