Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
A Lucid dream (Read 4927 times)
DocM

Afterlife Knowledge Member

A Lucid dream
Dec 24th, 2005 at 9:26pm

Ok, I usually dream in images, and don't have a lot of long conversations, but last night was different for me.  I go downstairs late at night to let the dog out.  We have a stubborn mutt and he pees on the floor when he wants to.  Anyway, around 3 am, I went downstairs let him out, went back to bed.

My dream picked up from there.  I went down again, let him out.  Then, back in bed, I heard a loud noise, outside the front door.  I thought my stepson had invited friends over or something, and opened the front door.  To my surprise, the neighborhood was all there, and it was early morning.   Hmmmmmmm.....what's going on?  I was told that they were building a new road to the lake about a quarter mile away, and they gathered to watch it.  Wasn't it great?  It seemed nice.  I looked across the street.  Saw two houses, that were having work done, but in retrospect looked nothing like the two houses normally there.   

Then, the neighbors came in and began to socialize.  I knew them, in the dream, but not in reality.  We talked, and sat in the dining room.  I kept asking why it was angled with a slope, what had happened.  Someone who I took to be in real estate explained to me that the house must have "settled," but it will be ok. 

I guess for me I'm looking to figure out the meanings behind this lucid dream.  I was talking in a regular voice, trying to make sense of things, listening to the news about the new road they were building, talking about the house settling.  It was a very busy dream, and I moved back and forth with ease, and calm.  I was not particularly scared or startled.

I suppose I posted this because the lucidity of the dream caught me.  The participation of dream neighbors and conversations in some detail - I don't usually remember that. 

Anyone with any ideas, or know why some dreams are like this, while others are symbolic and seemingly nonsensical?

Matthew

IP Logged

LaffingRain

Choose this Day

Arizona
Re: A Lucid dream
Reply #1 - Dec 24th, 2005 at 10:28pm

hi Doc, would like to just throw out some things, but it will be just general things..as cannot know your personal reality that well from a dream.
theres more levels to dreams than one or two, but since you call it a lucid dream, my opinion is that more of your awareness, your identity is present in this type than other unremembered dreams which are retrieved with some difficulty. in other words the more lucid the more you are supposed to remember it.

dreams are related to whats presently going on in your life and thought world (notice how general that is?) ha ha! a new road is like something we know we are going to drive ourselves down, so it leads to a link with the future. since there appears to be an air of celebration when folks socialize, I assume everyone is happy over the new road they are to drive upon. another way of looking at a road is consciousness travels roads all the time.. perhaps a person travels a belief system, sometimes we take the wrong road etc. sometimes theres a crossroads...it's a great symbol in other words.
more changes occur across the street..with 2 houses. houses can be a symbolism of a person's house of consciousness wherein all their beliefs and memories are contained. changes are coming, the house don't look like they used to. it's right across the street, and the new road in right in your neighborhood, so this is not about the whole world, this is probably your immediate future. on other levels we know people that here in C1 we don't recognize perhaps, or they live in another physical location.
I have met many out there whom I meet later and recognize here. neighbors in astral bodies will sometimes set up a neighborhood meeting in the astral, then changes suddenly appear on the horizon. this may be the collective dynamics of consensus agreement you are tapping into for the first time. it happens either in dream or when the mind becomes a little more spacey as it merges into All That Is, where possibilities and probabilities can be viewed by pure awareness that is you. developing your inner eyesight and sensibilities. we are basically energy beings capable of picking up signals from everywhere, no mystery there, but dreams allow us to relax our hold on what we think reality is versus the possibilities to be directing of reality within good company of course!

silent night is playing in my head, maybe I'd better notice that? love and peace for 2006..yeeeaaaa!!! I'm still alive!!! yeaaaaahhhhh! Grin

... Who takes away death's sting deprives life of bitterness
WWW http://www.facebook.com/LaughingRain2  
IP Logged

DocM

Reply #2 - Dec 25th, 2005 at 7:46am

Alysia,

Happy Holidays!  Thanks for the help with it.  I'm not used to interpreting dreams.  But to see a new road may certainly be a new expansion of consicousness, or possibly another new change in one's life.  I briefly wondered whether the neighbors weren't members of this board, but none announced themselves.  However, it was assumed that we knew each other. 

I think houses have a strong representationfor us as people.  still trying to figure out the slanted dining room floor idea.  It seemed to bother me more than others. 

Best to you,

Matthew

IP Logged

LaffingRain

Choose this Day

Arizona
Reply #3 - Dec 25th, 2005 at 5:17pm

oh yea, forgot that part, the slant means something is off balance...then the positive part is somebody says "it's just settling." so that it should not bother u, if it's like a natural settling which is something we can't control.
yes, it occurred to me the neighbors would be this forum, but I needed u to confirm it first because its your dream.
for all I know it could have been another group of people you work with, but for sure you are a major energy here as u must know..
all in all, I do think positive, and I do like what the dream presents to myself for new highways, and new construction and yes, I would like a settling down feeling.

and now a song...
oh come all ye faithful, joyful and triumphant, oh come ye, oh come ye, to bethleham, la la la la la, I'm serious! shh...DP cut it out!

IP Logged

Berserk

Reply #4 - Dec 26th, 2005 at 3:13am

Matthew,

I decided to interpret your dream myself before reading Alysia's interpretation.   So I was annoyed that she anticipated much of what  I was going to say.   Grin  Anyway, some of my points are unique.  So here goes.

The neighbors who gather uninvited in your house represent the members of this site.   This identification seems implicit in your comment: "I knew them in the dream, but not in reality."  There is something rather dreamy about regular communication with online people you've never met.   It was really a shock to me when I met Roger B. in person last summer.  We had been communicating on this site for a few years.  It was as if I never expected a flesh and blood human being to be behind all his thoughtful posts and P.Ms. 

In Jungian dream interpretation, the house is a standard symbol of self.  But when "the downstairs" or the basement is the focus, the unconscious is being depicted.   What is your fear about your unconscious?   Your dream was sparked by the image of letting out your dog to pee.   Your dog sometimes ignores your effort to train him to pee outside instead of inside.  This symbolizes your perceived lack of self-discipline in fulfilling your spiritual goals.

The new road symbolizes the new spiritual path that is slowly taking shape for you.  Now notice how odd it is for neighbors to stand around late at night and study a new unfinished road, while all the road workers have presumably gone home for the day.  You want to share their excitement at the progress that they seem  to see, but you often feel that such progress is illusory wishful thinking or at least no more exciting than watching the grass grow.    

The two houses in repair across the street symbolize the gradual transformation of other posters.   Part of the problem is that other site members differ significantly from you in their concept of spiritual progress.   You are concerned about the "angle" of the "slope" of one of these houses.    Some of the posters who may have influenced you look at spiritual experiences from a very different "angle" than you do.   You worry that, for the noblest of motives,  they may be leading you astray.   You are told by an authority figure (the real estate agent) that the house "must have settled, but it will be OK."   A settled house represents posters' outlooks in which they seem stuck or settled to you.   Their acquiescence doesn't seem OK to you; so you wonder about the reassurance of the authority figure.   Large bodies of water (e.g. the lake) are a standard psychoanalytical symbol for consciousness.   You hope that this developing path will lead to a new and more advanced self-awareness.   But sometimes you feel that your time could be more productively spent by spending less time on this site and more time doing other things like meditating or reading.   The dream is a call to a clarification of your priorities and a decision as to whether your regular perusal of this site is more of an asset or a liability in helping you transform your intent into sustained effective action. 

Don

IP Logged

DocM

Reply #5 - Dec 26th, 2005 at 9:10am

Thanks Don,

I actually believe that many of your interpretations are insightful, and bang on.  I have read Jung and knew that a house represents our own person - but I didn't make all of the interpretations myself.   I sort of connected the forging of a "new road to the lake," to new roads of awareness.  But I like your spin on it.

One thing, the room that was angled was a dining room in my house.  I couldn't understand why it was angled, and was upset, but others didn't seem to care.  Interesting symbolism.

I'm not sure if the ultimate conclusion is to spend less time in this site and more on meditation.  Afterall, I wouldn't have gotten your or Alysia's important insights if I hadn't posted!  And hey, who knows, you might have been the real estate agent on an astral meeting (do you have dark hair?).

Anyway, thank you.  Both of your insights have inspired me to post another thought on this Dream Forum.  I'd love for you two to chime in with ideas.

Best to you,

Matthew

IP Logged

Lights of Love

Reply #6 - Dec 26th, 2005 at 10:10am

Hi Matthew,

If this were my dream, I'd probably consider that the slanting floor could represent the old slipping away to make room for the new.

Love, Kathy Smiley

Tread softly through life with a tender heart and a gentle, understanding spirit.

IP Logged

DocM

Reply #7 - Dec 26th, 2005 at 10:25am

I didn't think of that, Kathy.  Thank you.  Nobody seemed to care about the slant of the dining room floor but me.  Its true.  I feel blessed both by the dream communication and the interpretations given by you, Don and Alysia - three souls whom I have enjoyed discussions and have amazing respect for.

I still am not sure whether it was myself communicating to my conscious waking brain or a divine presence/message.  This dream was so different in feel than others.  It made me post another thread about it in this forum.

Thanks, Kathy

Blessings and love to you

IP Logged

LaffingRain

Choose this Day

Arizona
Reply #8 - Dec 26th, 2005 at 1:11pm

goodness Don, I didn't know you could do dream interpretation! but you do have some background in Jung and a degree so I should have known you could do well there. I don't have any college degrees..just like to study my own dreams and find those connections with other's dreams as in intuitive function and a wish to express that I enjoy all of you, your company, even though perhaps I should be sitting in meditation! Grin nah...it's too much fun yakking here and discovering all those hidden talents of each person that I had formed a judgment against.
for one thing, there are no physical people in my town quite like you all here!
this place IS a town to me, we have it all. my goodness..we certainly do!
if you Doc are starting another thread on your dream, I'm there! I'll look for it.

and Doc, I've dreamed of boards..I'm on two of them, I dream of them to be shopping centers, and sometimes they are under construction as well. was confused at first; why shopping centers? malls? I think it was because my subconscious interprets that people are "selling" their wares here, and I could go into any store I wanted. arent we all selling something? highly unspiritual thought I, but ha ha! oh well...business can be spiritual, can it not?
so..hmmm. what else would I interpret a forum as? certainly not sitting on a cloud where all was making harmony, although that would be cool! Grin for about 10 minutes maybe. Sad ok, maybe 2 hours.
just love dream symbols whenever I can make a connection to them.
I realize I could sit here all day yakking about it so I'd better shut up for awhile. Lips Sealed

but just one more tiny observation to add to the dream...the neighbors are not bothered with the slanting floor, but you are. u would like to keep things level and balanced here. for one thing if something is not level, we are dealing with gravity to increase that energy of the slanting motion over time. like a crash could come. nobody notices this but you and it nags u. well, it nags me a bit too, that a crash could come. not too long ago it did..the board crashed for several days...made me aware of my forumitis here. I found unattachment to expressing here was an acceptable deal...I survived it! ha ha!

when u came here I noticed your leavening ability on the threads...so u put your energy here to do that..and I for one do appreciate it!

I have this philosophy about the board health and well being..as an entity. we are all roommates in a house. if somebody notices the garbage needs taking out an argument can ensue whos turn it is to do that. instead of arguing and wasting time about who's in charge of garbage detail, my theory is the first person who notices a bad smell just goes ahead and takes the garbage out without looking around for someone else to do it. this way it just gets done and might even be catching! I don't mean housecleaning to throw people out..I just mean trash can collect awfully fast if everyone lives together. sort of recycling the trash, not throwing it out either. since we don't have appointed moderators, I see people coming in and naturally doing what they see to make it a good place to express ourselves within friendliness rather than coersion of principle and with the idea of contributing something, not just feasting at the table and yammering about personal self interest.
It's a very constructive town with changes being constant. I have a tiny piece of the action here. I like watching and I've grown here a lot from reading people, between the lines. I see people expressing love or I look for that on purpose and reinforce it if I can. so I don't have a lot of intellect to express, but some here do.
just wanted to say I'm glad you have been here and you're one of the reasons I come back! love, alysia

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.