Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Some evidence against being overanalytical (Read 8864 times)
Lucy

C1
Re: Some evidence against being overanalytical
Reply #15 - Dec 23rd, 2005 at 7:45am

on a serious note, I'm not sure how far the scientific method will take you any more.  There's math, where it is rather difficult to produce b.s. Then there's physics and chemistry. It works when you can clearly define your terms.  Physics does better here...but it falls apart after that. Medicine isn't as scientific as it is purported to be. And the halls of biotech are filled with so-called scientists who use an analagous form of the above psycobabble to defend their turf. You really need to be able to define your terms clearly.

But then as you point out, terms get used and abused. Throw in a little comments about DNA and it must be scientific. What the heck is 12-stranded DNA? When Science and Nature start publishing pictures of 12-stranded DNA, then maybe we can talk about Indigo kids.

Does anyone know if Joe McMoneagle proposes a model of how RV works? or does his method of teaching imply a certain model? His website isn't too informative and I've never read his books, though he does mention a René Warcollier, who did early work on RV.

Is there any accepted model that has a signal in the ANS crossing some "limen"? Is that consistent with anything accepted in neurobiology-psychology?

IP Logged

Celtic Prince
Ex Member

Reply #16 - Dec 23rd, 2005 at 8:01am

[quote author=Berserk link=board=afterlife_knowledge;num=1135271744;start=0#9 date=12/22/05 at 20:15:23]Matthew,

Nonrational experiences must be subjected to rigorous scrutiny when they produce important claims that seem falsifiable or claims that contradict those of analogous experiences. 

Um, why is that, Berserk?  Mystical is mystical.  By definition, such an experience can not be subject to "rigorous scrutiny."  It is purely subjective, not given to rational analysis.

Celticprince

IP Logged

Lights of Love

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Reply #17 - Dec 23rd, 2005 at 8:23am

Hi Matthew,

Thanks for the interesting post.  I've had a renewed interest in RV ever since Don mentioned to me that this may be the way in which I experience the astral... what I call having vision flashes or mini movies as an observer rather than a participant.

Dave, you have an awesome way of putting things into words!  Your right and I also think that when we rely on other's critical opinions too much we fall into the trap of discounting our own experiences as "unreal" or chalk it off to imagination.

Similar to your experience I can look at objects from a higher frequency and see movement within them similar to water just before it begins to boil.  Most people would think me looney tunes, but hey... I see what I see and others have described the same or similar experiences.  It is good to know that I'm not the only one who is looney tunes. haha!   

Lucy, I read Joe's first book several years ago.  As I recall it did have some exercises to use for RV that I did try and was successful with at the time.  I think this is a book I may have loaned to someone. I might see if they still have it as I'd like to read it again now.

Thanks again for this thread Matthew!

Love, Kathy Smiley

Tread softly through life with a tender heart and a gentle, understanding spirit.

IP Logged

Sasuke

How many flavours does
it take to kill a man?

Canada
Reply #18 - Dec 23rd, 2005 at 8:37am

Quote:
Gee Dave

that was interesting. But I thought they were just describing the process by which Bush et. al. discovered weapons of mass destruction in Iraq.

Catty, but apt. XD

~Does the walker choose the path, or the path the walker?~

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.