Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
What ties the world together? (Read 15555 times)
Raphael
Ex Member

Re: What ties the world together?
Reply #15 - Dec 20th, 2005 at 10:52pm

Ok so I guess we can all say that "goals" keep people together.

Money is a goal, security is a goal, affection/hapiness is a goal etc

IP Logged

Raz
Ex Member

Reply #16 - Dec 21st, 2005 at 2:07am

those 'goals' also seperate people too

IP Logged

Raphael
Ex Member

Reply #17 - Dec 21st, 2005 at 7:47am

Okay... I hate you for that.

"common" goals bringpeople together. Happy now ?

lol

IP Logged

roger prettyman

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Bedford, U.K.
Reply #18 - Dec 21st, 2005 at 10:08am

What about the intrinsic "herd instinct"?

If you compare us to both the animal and fish kingdoms, whereby, for example, migrating wildebeest congregate in their thousands and fish stay together in enormous shoals, both feeling protected by their vast numbers and only the weak, ill and old are usually picked off by predators then does not the same apply to us?

Unfortunately, as with them, "predators" try to pick us off to.

roger Smiley

The past is history, the future is a mystery.&&Today is a gift, that`s why it`s called the present.&&Let yourself enjoy today. It will never come again.&&&&&&Butterfly.

IP Logged

Dora
Ex Member

Reply #19 - Dec 21st, 2005 at 10:27am

Raz

Quote:
But, what is it that is the common thread of the world, what ties the world together?

I think I understand what you mean *TIE together*???
Are you refering to INTERCONNECTEDNESS?

IP Logged

Raphael
Ex Member

Reply #20 - Dec 21st, 2005 at 10:52am

Quote:
What about the intrinsic "herd instinct"?

If you compare us to both the animal and fish kingdoms, whereby, for example, migrating wildebeest congregate in their thousands and fish stay together in enormous shoals, both feeling protected by their vast numbers and only the weak, ill and old are usually picked off by predators then does not the same apply to us?

Unfortunately, as with them, "predators" try to pick us off to.

roger Smiley

This is true for herbivores. You are forgetting that the human race is a predator race. The herd tactic implies that in a group, you are less likely to be killed if there is danger. That doesn't apply to us.

Humans got together to be able to kill bigger animals and deflect attacks of bigger predators.

So it comes back to being together because we share goals.

As for the herd factor for herbivores, survival and safety is their common goal so the idea still stands IMHO

IP Logged

Raz
Ex Member

Reply #21 - Dec 21st, 2005 at 6:54pm

Quote:
Okay... I hate you for that.

"common" goals bringpeople together. Happy now ?

lol

ok, thats cool

but this brings up a conundrum then, within the notion of a common world goal, does it not?

within the world group,on one hand, , you have groups with the common goal of love, and on the other hand groups with motives besides love, so to say.
So understanding that, could the common goal of the world be any one thing?

Even if i were to say,' the common goal of the world is to survive', there exists also within the world group, groups that arent seeing that as a goal.  See what i mean....
Theres no absolutes....

IP Logged

Raphael
Ex Member

Reply #22 - Dec 21st, 2005 at 8:09pm

IMHO, the world is not "one". We are many groups and factions trying to win and impose our ideas over others.

So I don't think the human race, as a whole, is tied together.

IP Logged

Raz
Ex Member

Reply #23 - Dec 21st, 2005 at 10:16pm

But there are things that connect individuals or else there wouldnt be a world of individuals. And there are terms mentioned like 'consciousness' connects us all and concepts like that...so we have connections, only socially we seperate the world into groups....

WHat i think i mean also is as a world group, individuals dont see the world as like a group effort, i suppose... Smiley
Theres so many groups in conflict what is being achieved as a whole?
More seperation into more conflicting groups, or are the groups all converging into one goal?...I mean, it seems silly to think about, but this world is lacking a focus as a whole? lol

But,
When you get up and go to work, or do what you do in a day, do you do so for the 'achievement of the greater good for the world'?

are we working towards one common goal as a world of individuals? or is it really that we are all selfish with only personal goals?

IP Logged

Raphael
Ex Member

Reply #24 - Dec 22nd, 2005 at 6:56am

Yes, but see you are trying to solve the problem on more than one level at the time. It doesn't work when you do that since you are changing the variables.

I could also ask you "well what about what ties the aliens and us together ? and that tree over there?"

But that's not talking about the sociological aspect anymore.

IP Logged

Sasuke

How many flavours does
it take to kill a man?

Canada
Reply #25 - Dec 22nd, 2005 at 8:57am

Honestly, I think the fact that we're all walking down the same road to develop ourselves is our commonality, as well as the fact that we're all spiritual beings.

~Does the walker choose the path, or the path the walker?~

IP Logged

Raphael
Ex Member

Reply #26 - Dec 22nd, 2005 at 9:17am

Say Sasuke, how many flavours does it take to kill a man ?

IP Logged

Touching Souls

LOVE IS ALL, SHINE YOUR
LIGHT THAT OTHERS MAY
SEE

Metaline Falls, WA
Reply #27 - Dec 22nd, 2005 at 12:32pm

Yes, I've wondered that too.  Grin

I AM THAT I AM -- WE ARE ALL ONE -- TOUCHING SOULS
Wink
WWW minniecricket2000  
IP Logged

Raz
Ex Member

Reply #28 - Dec 22nd, 2005 at 10:26pm

Quote:
Yes, but see you are trying to solve the problem on more than one level at the time. It doesn't work when you do that since you are changing the variables.

I could also ask you "well what about what ties the aliens and us together ? and that tree over there?"

But that's not talking about the sociological aspect anymore.

ok, then, what are you talking about??

it doesnt work when i change the variables? i am trying to solve the 'problem' on more than one 'level' at a time?

what?...how?

Really, rapheal, if you are going to give me these vague 'criticisms', you dont expect me to ask you what you mean, or for you to give me an example of what your saying?

IP Logged

blink
Ex Member

Reply #29 - Dec 22nd, 2005 at 11:36pm

What ties the world together?

I don't believe that anything is "tied" together.  I think that "All" is expanding away from its center in infinite complexity and freedom of movement. I believe there is nothing that remains "tied together" because "All" is in an ever-present moment of re-creation.  We as human beings recognize ourselves in "other" in a material sense and focus and attach to "other" in whatever form "other" manifests.  We interpret this as "connection" but we are simultaneously free of it.  When we are aware of our freedom we are happy because we are then aware of infinite possibility.

blink

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.