Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
The New Movie "ONE" (Read 2067 times)
Touching Souls

LOVE IS ALL, SHINE YOUR
LIGHT THAT OTHERS MAY
SEE

Metaline Falls, WA
The New Movie "ONE"
Dec 7th, 2005 at 3:22pm

ONE... The Movie opens this Friday, December 9th in the Bay Area. Check out some of the news and reviews that are coming in and be sure to tune into KQED 88.5 FM Thursday December 8th at 10AM to hear Forum host Michael Krasny interview ONE creator Ward Powers and stars of ONE Llewellyn Vaughan-Lee and Barbara Marx Hubbard.
Please help spread the word about ONE's opening this Friday in SF, Berkeley, Larkspur and next weeks openings in Petaluma and Sebastopol.

We hope to see you at the theaters!

OPENINGS & SPECIAL EVENTS

Larkspur, CA
Lark Theater
Playing December 9th through the 20th

Larkspur Special Event : Friday, December 9th
ONE is kicking off its run at the Lark with a special event featuring stars of the film Llewellyn Vaughan-Lee, Barbara Marx Hubbard and the filmmaker Ward Powers on Friday evening December 9th at 7pm. This event is selling out fast, so get your tickets now!

San Francisco, CA
Landmarks Lumiere Theater
Playing December 9th through the 23rd

San Francisco Special Event : Saturday, December 10th
ONE is featuring two special events at 5:15pm & 7:15pm featuring Barbara Marx Hubbard (who is featured in the film) and filmmaker Ward Powers for an intro and post screening Q&A.

Berkeley, CA
Act 1 & 2
Playing December 9th through the 23rd

Berkeley Special Event : Sunday, December 11th
ONE is featuring two special events at 5:15pm & 7:15pm featuring filmmaker Ward Powers for an intro and post screening Q&A.

Petaluma, CA
Petaluma Boulevard Cinemas
Playing December 16th through the 23rd

Sebastopol, CA
Sebastopol Cinemas
Playing December 16th through the 23rd

Seattle, WA
Landmark Varsity Theater
Playing January 6th through the 20th

NEWS AND REVIEWS

SFGate.com : December, 2005
Finding My Religion
Ward Powers, director of 'ONE: The Movie,' on oneness and the meaning of life

Pacific Sun : December, 2005
ODDLY APPEALING
Amateur documentary asks life's ultimate questions
The amateur independent film ONE is review proof. It comes trailing accolades of the "I cried, she cried, the whole audience cried" kind that we have to accept. Denying those people their tears is mean and counterproductive. So what is a film critic to do - especially one who didn't cry (and was glad I read that I was supposed to after I saw the movie)?

Pacific Sun : December, 2005
ON A MISSION
Midwestern dad decides to make a movie
One never knows where a creative journey may lead. Sometimes, the commonplace emerges as distinctive and the sketchiest plans acquire the destiny-fueled drive of a divine mission.

Common Ground Magazine : December, 2005
Movie Asks Some Contemporary Sages the All-or-Nothing Question
Early one morning, three years ago, Ward Powers woke up with a buzz. He suddenly felt the urge to make a movie about "oneness."

KQED Radio : December, 2005
Listen to Ward Powers, Barbara Marx Hubbard and Llewellyn Vaughan-Lee on KQED
Tune into KQED's Forum hosted by Michael Krasny Thursday Dec 8th at 10am. ONE creator Ward Powers will be joined by stars of the film Barbara Marx Hubbard and Llewellyn Vaughan-Lee. This program can be heard in the Bay Area on 88.5 FM, or streaming live on the web at www.kqed.org.

Here On Earth : Recorded Saturday, 11/12
The Story of One
Listen to Jean Feraca (Here on Earth) and Ward Powers discuss God, heaven, and the meaning of life.

Larkspur, CA : November, 2005
SF Bay Area Premiere
ONE makes its west coast Theatrical Premiere at the San Francisco Bay Area's LARK Theater in Larkspur; with a 2 week initial run being kicked off by a Special Event featuring Llewellyn Vaughan-Lee, Barbara Marx-Hubbard and the Film-Makers on Friday evening, December 9th at 7PM.

UPCOMING SCREENINGS

Cambridge, MA
The Harvard Divinity School
Friday, 12/16 5pm

Aotearoa/New Zealand
The Waiheke Island Spiritual Cinema Circle will be screening ONE as a community fundraiser at the Waiheke Island Community Cinema at Artworks, Oneroa, Waiheke Island. Tickets by advance booking ONLY with Dee: 372-3456 or Dee@Usana.com.
Friday, 12/23, 8pm
Friday, 12/30, 8pm
Sunday, 1/1, 5pm
Tuesday 1/3, 8pm

FILM FESTIVALS

6th Annual Santa Fe Film Festival
Thursday, December 8th, 4:30pm
At the Scottish Rite Temple.

Global Peace Film Festival
Friday, December 9, 9:30pm
Downtown Media Arts Center

Light in the Dark: Festival for Peace
Friday, December 16th - Sunday, December 18th
Norfolk, Virginia
Naro Cinema in Norfolk, Virginial

ACCOLADES

Here's just a few of the quotes coming in.

"...absolutely worth seeing."
Pacific Sun

"ONE small movie hits big nerve"
Arkansas Democrat Gazette

"Experts explain how we are "One" in film"
Headline, Seattle Times

"Amateur filmmakers reveal we are all One"
Science & Theology News

"I expected that it would make me think. But I didn't expect that it would make me cry."
The Detroit News

"ONE is a remarkable and spiritually uplifting film that just may have the power to transform your own view of the world."
Emily Madison
Waterfront Film Festival

"...watching "ONE," I thought back to that naive, shoestring project that Dennis Hopper and Peter Fonda cooked up in 1969 that proved to be a lightning rod for youthful aspirations."
David Crumm
The Detroit Free Press

We will be sure to keep you updated with the latest news and reviews as they come in, but for the most current info please visit www.onethemovie.org

MERCHANDISE

We are happy to announce that our online store is now open. You can purchase posters, T-shirts, the soundtrack and the complete interviews on CD.

You can also reserve your copy of The Complete Interviews 4 DVD Box Set that will be shipping late fall/early winter 2005.

We will be sure to notify you as more products become available.

SPREAD THE WORD

We encourage you to help spread the word about ONE... The Movie and to forward this newsletter to your friends and family.

We have fliers and postcards available as downloads here, and your welcome and encouraged to print some up and pass them out to your friends, family, co-workers, church groups etc..

Thanks. We are so glad your joining us on this journey to Become ONE.

« Last Edit: Jul 22nd, 2007 at 10:16am by Bruce Moen »  

I AM THAT I AM -- WE ARE ALL ONE -- TOUCHING SOULS
Wink
WWW minniecricket2000  
IP Logged

Justin2710
Ex Member

Re: The New Movie "ONE"
Reply #1 - Dec 7th, 2005 at 4:28pm

Hey, thanks for the heads up Mair...  Lol, or maybe i should say thanks for the balance of the head to the heart up?  Wink

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.