Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Grief (Read 15598 times)
Aras

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Seattle
Grief
Jan 27th, 2005 at 12:07pm

My daughter passed away 3 years ago, she was only 21, and had a horrible ordeal with her illness, leukemia and a bone marrow transplant that had many compilations.
My husband and son and I have all had contacts with her shortly after she passed, in dreams. They were very good contacts.  Over the past 3 years I have kept a dream journal of all the dreams I have and anyone else that knew her has shared with me, (I alone have had over 160 dreams) and any signs that we all get from her I have a sign journal too.  I have read over 50 books on subjects of death, afterlife, NDE, ADC, OBE, really anything to do with the afterlife…We have had 4 really great readings from some very well known mediums. I meditate; I took a mediumship course in hopes to learn this ability to contact my daughter myself. I have Bruce’s home study course, but have not gotten into it just yet. 
I just can’t handle that fact that I’ll never ever have this life again with my daughter, this is what just kills me. Sure.. when I die and am hopefully with her, I’ll understand things better, (maybe) and be able to handle it then.. but I’m here now and I can’t handle it… and I just don’t know what to believe anymore either. The more I get into the stuff, the more complicated it becomes to me. So.. the feeling I get is so overwhelming, I can only cry, and hope and pray that someday this will be over soon, and I’ll be out of my pain and suffering.

IP Logged

scottyswotty
Ex Member

Re: Grief
Reply #1 - Jan 27th, 2005 at 1:41pm

I really feel for you and would really suggest the following:

All this afterlife searching is good but to an extent you don't want it to detract from the most fundamental tenet which is to master living in the present moment - EACH AND EVERY MOMENT.

it sounds like you've achieved a lot with all the reading, meditation, dream journals and medium visits but all of these can also FUEL that need to keep searching for something outside of yourself, including that need to find your purpose or an answer (ie a holy grail).

You might want to consider balancing all this out with just being; noticing and gaining an understanding of yourself as just being.

Maybe read and apply The Power of Now by Eckhart Tolle.   Also rather than meditation, take up some present moment awareness exercise like Tai Chi or Qi Gong.

Also (just a thought!) but consider that maybe you've also chosen to experience life with and then without your daughter?  you knew it would be hard but you can change your perceptions to alleviate some if not all of the difficulty.

all the best
Scott

IP Logged

Touching Souls

LOVE IS ALL, SHINE YOUR
LIGHT THAT OTHERS MAY
SEE

Metaline Falls, WA
Reply #2 - Jan 27th, 2005 at 1:52pm

Aras, I am so sorry for your loss and I can feel your anguish at not being able to have your daughter with you any longer in this life.

It looks like you've done and read a lot to acquaint yourself with the afterlife and on contact and you should be very pleased with having contact from so many dreams. Sometimes we try too hard and that's what gets in the way.

I also have to warn you not to let your grief hold your daughter close to the earth plane as she obviously left according to her life plan and had completed her learning experiences here.  Our intense energies, such as grief, can hold souls back from their learning on the other side. Please don't take this wrong as I also have 2 daughters and I don't know if I could feel any different than you if one of them should pass over before me.

I send you Love and Light and prayers for your peace of mind.  Smiley

Much Love,
Mairlyn   Cheesy

I AM THAT I AM -- WE ARE ALL ONE -- TOUCHING SOULS
Wink
WWW minniecricket2000  
IP Logged

Joe Meboe

Seattle, Poipu
Reply #3 - Jan 27th, 2005 at 3:04pm

Our only daughter died at 22, taking her own young life over things that we felt didn't mean that much. Only someone (like yourself) who has lost a child can understand the depth of grief. Words cannot describe it. At times you do not understand how you can go on living.

That was 15 years ago and my wife and I are still living, still smiling, still enjoying being alive. Life has brought us so many blessings in our middling years, including six grandchildren from our two sons. We always miss our daughter (my wife still thinks of her every day) but we would have missed out on so much if our lives had ended too.

There came a point for me where I felt a release, where I was able to let Kiera go. I don't know what caused it but I experienced it and I know it was best for both of us. The tragedy of her death would have been compounded by any more death or by a life lived in unending grief.

These words may sound strong, even harsh but I have earned the right to say them in the only way possible. I wish you strength, light, inner peace - whatever you need - to help you drop the intense grieving that damages her and (more importantly) you and those connected to you. Life has much in store for you and yes, you will be with your daughter again, when your time here is through.

God bless you.

Joe (and Ellen) Meboe

IP Logged

Polly
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Jan 27th, 2005 at 6:56pm

Aras, I feel for you.  But part of grief is moving forward with your life.  The best way we can honor our loved ones is by living our lives to the fullest so we can fulfill whatever our destiny is here.  Please don't get caught up in looking for signs because you will just drive yourself crazy.  They will come when they will come.

I also have taken up tai chi to help me with my grief.  I highly recommend it.

IP Logged

alysia
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Jan 27th, 2005 at 7:24pm

Quote:
My daughter passed away 3 years ago, she was only 21, and had a horrible ordeal with her illness, leukemia and a bone marrow transplant that had many compilations.
My husband and son and I have all had contacts with her shortly after she passed, in dreams. They were very good contacts.  Over the past 3 years I have kept a dream journal of all the dreams I have and anyone else that knew her has shared with me, (I alone have had over 160 dreams) and any signs that we all get from her I have a sign journal too.  I have read over 50 books on subjects of death, afterlife, NDE, ADC, OBE, really anything to do with the afterlife…We have had 4 really great readings from some very well known mediums. I meditate; I took a mediumship course in hopes to learn this ability to contact my daughter myself. I have Bruce’s home study course, but have not gotten into it just yet.  
I just can’t handle that fact that I’ll never ever have this life again with my daughter, this is what just kills me. Sure.. when I die and am hopefully with her, I’ll understand things better, (maybe) and be able to handle it then.. but I’m here now and I can’t handle it… and I just don’t know what to believe anymore either. The more I get into the stuff, the more complicated it becomes to me. So.. the feeling I get is so overwhelming, I can only cry, and hope and pray that someday this will be over soon, and I’ll be out of my pain and suffering.

_____

I understand the bottomlessness of grief and it was my dead husband himself who made me stop. I couldn't see him but I knew he was there as well another guide stood beside him to see if he would be successful to make me stop grieving. I finally listened to his thoughts when he said to stop grieving for his sake, not for mine, that he would not be happy or evolve unless I got ahold of myself. so I pulled myself together because he was smiling that silly grin of his at me and I knew I would do anything for him, to make him happy even if I didn't understand what I was doing. I still see him sometimes out there. but most of the grief is gone, the love stays there though! your dreams are the easiest way to make contact with the dead. love, alysia Cheesy

IP Logged

Polly
Ex Member

Reply #6 - Jan 28th, 2005 at 6:38am

Quote:
_____

I finally listened to his thoughts when he said to stop grieving for his sake, not for mine, that he would not be happy or evolve unless I got ahold of myself.

This is something I have a lot of trouble with and I see it mentioned on here over and over.  I don't believe the dead are held back by anything we do here.  They are fine where they are --they're in a perfect world.  If they want us to stop grieving, I think it is for our sakes, not theirs.  I also think telling people these things makes them keep their grief inside and then they don't really deal with it because they're afraid if they grieve, they're hurting their loved one's progress.  The only way to get through grief is to acknowledge it, not keep it in.  Just my thoughts.

IP Logged

Touching Souls

LOVE IS ALL, SHINE YOUR
LIGHT THAT OTHERS MAY
SEE

Metaline Falls, WA
Reply #7 - Jan 28th, 2005 at 2:35pm

Polly, I do have to disagree. Grief does have it's place, yes. But it is a known fact among those who do communicate with the other side that grief, being an energy (as is everything) does hold onto that soul that has crossed over and can hamper their progress.  I'm not saying not to grieve as it's a natural and healthy process.  The soul that has passed also grieves and if the grief on this side is terribly intense, it 'can' hold them back. I'm not saying that it always does, just that it can.

Yes, those who have passed over can be held back by addictions, hanging out with the living who are also addicted to whatever........drugs, cigarettes, alcohol......to try to feed that addiction 'there'.  There are always loving Beings there to help all to move on.

Grief must be acknowledged as you stated and not kept in. No one said it should be kept in. That would only cause the living person to have problems.  I totally agree with you there.  What I'm talking about is such intense grief that the living person also can't go on.  Smiley

With Love,
Mairlyn  Smiley

Wink
WWW minniecricket2000  
IP Logged

Lucy

C1
Reply #8 - Jan 29th, 2005 at 7:20am

Hi Aras

I'm sad to hear about your separation from your daughter. My sister had a bone marrow transplant and has survived (only to develop other problems, some of them related to the chemo...). It was a horrible procedure and I think a bit of informed consent was lacking on what the process involved. My sister told our mom that she would not go through such a thing again. I'm sorry it was such a terrible experience, and being a parent, I imagine you suffered every time your daughter did. I can imagine that, having suffered so, it was so difficult when you did not achieve the result you hoped for.

My experiences of loss are a bit different from yours and from some of those who have posted here....I guess there are multiple ways to get to that place where you just don't want to go on. S let's just say, once, in a state of very great despair and desolation and other things, I somehow remembered something I had read at a prior time in some of the stuff from Pat Rodegast/Emmanuel. Emmanuel said something to the effect that, if you could stand in the light (should I write "Light"?) then anything could be healed.

Anything? That question had once interested me intellectually because there are some pretty horrible things that happen here. By the time I got to that statement emotionally, I thought, what do I have to lose?

But how do you stand in the light? or better, how do you stand in the light effectively? And that's a difficult question for me, because I am naturally one of those literal-minded persons who drives the creative ones bonkers.

This unfolded over a period of (very difficult) years but I was given a video tape of a woman who goes into trance and some entity speaks through her, and the trance personality explicitely addressed a question with the answer that you egt there by imagining it happening. OK after a while I put the two together and began to imagine I was standing in the Light. I also combined it with a meditation exercise I made up for myself.

Sometimes there are questions for which we don't have answers  and sometimes those are things that others don't understand. Maybe the Light always understands. I just know that doing this ..after a while...helped take away some of the bad feelings. I could sometimes correlate this. It works.

Sometimes it works better than other times. The one thing I have noticed about myself is that it works better when there is more intensity. I haven't learned how to build intensity when things are going well. I am more apt to feel intensity when I feel desperate.

Maybe that is a human trait and relates to why some of us appear to progress more when we face hardships. I really can't figure out how to focus my intent when I feel things are going OK to the same extent that I do when I feel scared or whatever (and if anyone has suggestions I would like to hear them). I don't think suffering is noble and I'd like to learn to progress better without it.

I don't know if everyone feels this way about the intensity. I had an aquaintance once who preferred quiet peaceful prayer and didn't understand why an African-American friend found singing long and lud in her church to be a spiritual experience.

Hmm maybe that is a little answer for me..maybe I should work up a song and dance thing (things I like) to raise the intensity instead of waiting for the desperate moments.

I haven't seen a good discussion of the pros and cons of quiet vs noisy prayer but I think you can pick which is right for you.

IP Logged

roger prettyman

Bedford, U.K.
Reply #9 - Jan 29th, 2005 at 8:34am

Dear Aras,

Words alone cannot express what I feel for you. I, too, have known grief when I lost my wife, but yours must be that much harder to bear, as it is not the natural order of things that a child passes on before the parents.

Joe Meboe writes wise words of wisdom above but it sounds very much to me that you need some professional help to move on in your grieving process and your own life.
While exploring the same avenues as yourself I also had one to one and group counselling sessions which helped me tremendously. Looking back, I would never have envisaged I would be where I am today without that help.
If you are able, I would thoroughly recommend you contact a local bereavement group or counsellor to help you in your passage.
I wish you all the very best for your future.

roger.

The past is history, the future is a mystery.&&Today is a gift, that`s why it`s called the present.&&Let yourself enjoy today. It will never come again.&&&&&&Butterfly.

IP Logged

alysia
Ex Member

Reply #10 - Jan 29th, 2005 at 8:41am

Quote:
This is something I have a lot of trouble with and I see it mentioned on here over and over.  I don't believe the dead are held back by anything we do here.  They are fine where they are --they're in a perfect world.  If they want us to stop grieving, I think it is for our sakes, not theirs.  I also think telling people these things makes them keep their grief inside and then they don't really deal with it because they're afraid if they grieve, they're hurting their loved one's progress.  The only way to get through grief is to acknowledge it, not keep it in.  Just my thoughts.

Hi Polly, Marilyn pretty much stated it well but I'll try to clarify what I posted. the experience was so intense I thought I was drowning. I was sitting at work and I thought sure they would fire me for getting the tears all over the keyboard! but they all knew I had just lost someone. no way was I about to hold back that storm of emotion. still feel it there somewhere but the message I was getting was he wanted me to turn my life towards the idea that I was strong, that I could go on without him. some of this grief stuff is attached to a total kind of giving in, a sense of extreme helplessness to deal with the front we put up to people on the job, or just trying to make a peanut butter sandwich for your kid who's hungry. I had difficulty accepting that people loved me. Mike was there to assure me of his love, that he hadn't let me down by leaving, his leaving had not much to do with me and the guilt I carried for not telling him how much I loved him enough. he said it wasn't my fault, that he died this way. he died with those deleriums from alchohol. involved in such a grief issue as why couldn't I have talked him out of drinking were there to look at. when I realized at that moment I was in error to feel such strong guilt, that it made him feel bad too, some of the grief got shaken off, but not all of it. you're right, he was fine. it was me that wasn't doing well. he had to convince me he was fine. but it's not like a heaven they go to. they have work to do on that side too. I was heartened he had a guide with him, like a buddy, to show him around, to show the possibilities that he had not found here on this side. and one of those possibilities for soul evolvement was to come to me and support me in my grief through his love. there are so many spirits just trying to communicate with us that they are beside us always, checking in, trying to get through the veil here, trying to say what they couldn't or wouldn't say on Earth. Mike was really good at it. he learned to deliver boost right off the bat! that's an accomplishment!
Grin  what a guy. what a guy. Grin I still cry when I think of that special moment of tenderness. maybe it was his guide that told him he had some unfinished business with me to attend to before he could focus on other activities out there, but I tend to think it was his own idea to set me straight on how things were by releasing me from guilt so he could know he did his best and at least tried to get me unstuck from the heavy feelings. he did make me laugh. funny guy. love, alysia Shocked Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Polly
Ex Member

Reply #11 - Jan 30th, 2005 at 10:04am

OK Marilyn and Alysia, thanks for explaining.  I think I understand what you're saying now.   Grin

IP Logged

Touching Souls

LOVE IS ALL, SHINE YOUR
LIGHT THAT OTHERS MAY
SEE

Metaline Falls, WA
Reply #12 - Jan 30th, 2005 at 1:42pm

Polly, I'm happy that you're beginning to understand what we were saying.  I want to share something with the group. I had a 28 year abusive marriage. When my husband died in 1987, I was finally free. But for months, I found myself in the whole grief process and I wondered about it because you wouldn't think that I would grieve. But I found out that it is a process that goes ahead to help the body, mind and soul to deal with the change.  Looking back on it now, I'm very glad that I did go through the grief process as I know that it helped to clear me to go on with my life and that was when my spiritual life stated and the rest is history as they say. LOL  Grin

Love, Mairlyn  Cheesy

Wink
WWW minniecricket2000  
IP Logged

Ellen2
Ex Member

Reply #13 - Feb 1st, 2005 at 3:47pm

My 19 year old daughter died suddenly last June 11.  You are obviously a very strong person to have survived 3 years of such grief.  I didn't reply to your original posting because I had no practical advice to offer & indeed you have had wonderful replies which have been helpful to me also.  I feel I can only stand this if I take the largest possible perspective, & this website has been awesome, but lately I've been wondering if I haven't been depersonalizing to the point of not going through necessary grieving.  I have a problem keeping a balance.   For what it's worth, your posting & all its replies have been helpful to me.  I send condolences, love, & respect for your honesty & stamina.  Hang in there.

IP Logged

Touching Souls

LOVE IS ALL, SHINE YOUR
LIGHT THAT OTHERS MAY
SEE

Metaline Falls, WA
Reply #14 - Feb 1st, 2005 at 4:17pm

Hi Ellen,

I don't know why I didn't think of this before, probably because I don't go there that often anymore.  Here's a link to a wonderful BBS where there is a place for grieving and memorial tributes for your loved ones.  This is all run by David and Judy Pierce. http://p197.ezboard.com/blillipierceandthebigtrip
They lost their daughter Lilli several years ago and I think that those who are grieving or who need help along the way, will find comfort there.  Smiley

With Love,
Mairlyn  Wink

Wink
WWW minniecricket2000  
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.