Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Afterlife knowledge of future events (Read 6710 times)
Vicky
YaBB Administrator

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Colorado
Afterlife knowledge of future events
Jun 22nd, 2018 at 6:59pm

<<I was wondering if you know if people in the afterlife have knowledge of future events?>>

This was a question that someone asked me, someone who had reached out to me through my blog and after a couple email exchanges asked this great question!  (I don't know if they are a member here or not...hopefully either way they will come join us here!) 

"Coincidentally" that very question has actually been on my mind for quite a while and I happened to ask Bruce this very thing just the other day.  Bruce is in the afterlife and I did an imagination visit with him, asked him a few of my burning questions, and I've been thinking of posting all of that here.  I was asked this question before I could do that.  (I can share the rest of that visit in a different thread).  For now, I thought that this was such a great question and I would love to open it up for conversation here. 

Bruce's response fueled my response, which was this:

That's a great question.  I am always wondering the same thing, if people in the afterlife know what's going to happen to us.  I actually asked that of Bruce in an imagination visit I had with him the other day.  From what I received in that visit the answer is that they do if they are specifically tuned into being aware of a specific person for a specific reason, but I don't think that in general they just "walk around" spending their time being aware of anything and everything. 

For example, if I were going on a road trip and was reminiscing about my dad and how he and I used to go on road trips together, and it made me send the thought to him, "Dad, I wish you were here with me.  Will you be here in spirit with me and help me get to my destination safely?"  I think that at any time we "call upon" a loved one, they will automatically "be there" in the sense that they hear us, feel us, and their awareness is automatically drawn to us.  Now, whether or not they choose to spend more time with us than that, I don't know.  I would think that's entirely up to them. 

So, Dad would get my message and at least for that moment he would "be" with me, but if he wanted to focus more attention on me than that moment, if he wanted to focus his awareness on me for my entire car trip...that's up to him I believe.  It could very well be that because time in our dimension is so different than time in Dad's dimension, that it's not literally necessary for Dad to be with me all the time.  It may be that Dad could quickly come to my aid should the need arise, maybe making me aware to slow down because there's going to be a car accident up ahead in a few minutes.  Maybe in that way, that's the way Dad is aware of future events. 

But just in general, I don't think my Dad is constantly being bombarded with awareness of things in my future, or for mankind in general. If he wanted to be, then I believe he very well could be!  Why not?  It's my personal belief and experience that whatever you desire and decide to focus your awareness on, you will be there and be experiencing whatever is there for you to have knowledge and awareness of. 

Now, if I happen to think of Dad while I'm taking a shower for instance?  Ha ha.  I don't think that makes him automatically able to see me in the shower!  I think his line of sight so to speak is so much more complex from his perspective, that in an instant he would be able to know now's not the best time to strike up a conversation with me.  It would be awkward for me!

Same with me talking to Dad in the car.  I'm sure Dad wouldn't just suddenly make some grand gesture to get my attention while I'm driving because it could cause me to react and distract my driving.  In this sense, I do think that those in the afterlife have a general sense of "future events".  It may be something as simple as Dad becoming aware I'm thinking of him, and then he decides when in MY future is a good time for him to respond to me.

The way my "Guidance" works for me is that I just feel my guidance in general.  I don't have specific instances where say, my grandma warns me about something.  But it's my personal believe that our loved ones do become part of our Guidance system, especially if we hold them close in our thoughts and emotions.

So what do you think, do those in the afterlife have knowledge of future events?

Vicky

Author of Persephone's Journey (Amazon.com)

http://www.vickyshort.blogspot.com/
WWW 198267046870499  
IP Logged

Morrighan

Multidimensional Navigator

Isle of Everywhere
Re: Afterlife knowledge of future events
Reply #1 - Jun 23rd, 2018 at 8:36am

Temporal linearity is a constraint off 3D. My reply then, Vicky, is how can the question be asked in a different way, considering that? What is time in 5D?

If you push something hard enough, it will fall over — Fudd's First Law of Opposition.
It goes in — it must come out. — Teslacles Deviant to Fudd's First Law
IP Logged

Baroness

ALK Member

Reply #2 - Jun 23rd, 2018 at 1:33pm

Hi, Vickie,

What a great topic.  I've never asked the question because since I was a very young child, I assumed that in the afterlife we can go backward and forward in time as we please.  We are always in the "now".  And once I became a soul retriever that idea was reinforced.  I travel to the time I'm needed.  I needed my helpers at first and still prefer to have them with me, but now know I can travel without them.  (I have never used the afterlife travel for myself.)  I learned even more when a client asked me to contact his brother in the afterlife to help with his mother in this.  I didn't even know if it would work.  Before I tried, I planned out exactly what I would say to the brother.  It all centered around love and feelings and knowing they have it.  Many problems in this life come about because of doubt about love.  The next problem was timing.  Part of my intention was that both would receive the messages  when they could most use them.  A few days later I got a call from my client saying it worked.  Attitudes changed and love was shared between mother and son.  It was the first and last time I did something like that.  I don't like imposing on another's life even a little bit, but this time it brought happiness.  I also learned how to do several more things if needed.  I think it worked because I was working with love.  I don't think I would want it to work for any other reason.  Back to your topic.  Yes, I think our loved ones on the other side can travel in time, same for angels and guides.  How else could they be so good at guiding us?  I think it all has to do with intention.  This is just my personal views, but they suit me very well with the things I know about this world.
Sending love and hugs,
T'ressa

IP Logged

Vicky
YaBB Administrator

Colorado
Reply #3 - Jun 23rd, 2018 at 11:43pm

Hi T’ressa,

I agree.  I think if they want to travel through time they surely can.  I think we have unlimited ability and potential over there. 

I know from my own experience with what I call “my Guidance”, I’ve definitely gotten plenty of experiences that prove to me that that they are aware of future events.  One of my best examples was back in my early 20s when I wanted to just lie down for a nap but I was told, “Go get the phone.  You’re going to be receiving an important phone call”.  It’s rare, but this voice I hear has often told me things that I couldn’t possibly know.  Sure enough, about 30 minutes later my friend’s 12-year-old called me.  She needed her inhaler, her mom wasn’t home, and she asked if I could drive her to the pharmacy. 

It’s more than just a case of having a psychic knowing.  When I hear someone actually tell me what to do because something’s about to happen…that’s quite different from must having a feeling about something.  Like I said, it’s so rare that I have that happen.  If I had things my way, I’d have that kind of stuff happen quite regularly!  Wouldn’t that be amazing??  And of course, when I wish or ask for it to happen, it doesn’t.  So it’s not something I can control. 

My most recent experience with receiving knowing something future related was the other day I had someone respond to an ad of mine for selling a set of old children’s encyclopedias.  I could have probably made quite a lot off of it selling it on Ebay but I don’t have the time or patience to do that kind of stuff, so my ad was just local on facebook.  I was just asking $35, and my ad has been up for a few months now.  So this woman replied to my ad, said she was interested, and could we meet that afternoon.  I said yes.  And suddenly I knew she would ask me if I’d take just $20 for the set.  I could tell that although I hate when people do that to me, I felt I needed to just say yes and not worry about it.  I could actually feel this was a guided thought, so that’s why I just automatically told myself I’d tell her yes.  So I waited for her to respond about what time and where to meet and that’s when she asked if I’d take $20 for them.  It was a good feeling when that happened because it was verification that what I sensed was real!  When she arrived with her young daughter it made me feel good that those encyclopedias were going to a good home. 

So, who knows why we can be told some things about future events but not others.  One of the worst things I’ve experienced with not understanding why, is back in 2012 when a 10-year-old girl in my neighborhood was kidnapped and murdered.  I had driven past her house twice that morning taking my kids to school and coming home again and I had no psychic thought, feeling, or knowing about what was happening to her.  It’s the kind of thing that you DO want to know when you’re psychic.  I would have done anything I could to save her if I had known.  Later that night when I heard on the news the girl was missing I remember just collapsing and crying.  It killed me to think of that poor mother and how I would feel if one of my kids was missing.  And I was so angry that I was “utilized” to do something to help her.  I completely believe in my psychic abilities so why couldn’t I have known and could have helped her?  If those on the other side can see the future then why not use it for more amazing things?  Why didn’t someone tell me about the little girl? 

I know it’s a more complex topic than that.  I do believe that even bad things happen for a reason, reasons we can’t really begin to accept nor understand. 

I did get some good psychic hits about her murderer.  Before they found her killer, I picked up that he was very young for a killer.  I felt he was under 20 years old and that he had medical and anatomy training and knowledge.  As incongruent as it seemed for someone so young to be trained in that, I knew they was true.  It turned out he was 3 months away from his 18th birthday when he killed her, and he had dropped out of high school, got his GED, and was taking community college classes studying mortuary science.

WWW 198267046870499  
IP Logged

Baroness

ALK Member

Reply #4 - Jun 26th, 2018 at 11:36am

I know about the knowing.  As a young person, I didn't want to believe it.  It was my husband who had faith in it and started to ask me to use it.  How are you with weather?  My husband again told me to use my talents  with the weather.  I thought he was just flattering me until I practiced a bit on a small rain shower.  About the time I was feeling pride in my work, I spoke to a very wise woman who told me anyone could do what I was doing.  But I should always remember to undo what I did and say Thankyou.

I did learn that combining the two , the knowing and the control of the weather led to predicting the weather.  I don't know where the 'knowing' comes from.  All I know is I ask a question and my body reacts.  Someone or something must 'see', 'hear' or 'feel' the future event and works with me. 

I am grateful to have a talent I can use to help others.  I really don't have to know how it works even if I would like to know.  The mystery of our talents even to ourselves. Roll Eyes  I wish we had schools with wise professors to pass on knowledge to those who want to know.  I guess this board that does such a great job of educating will have to do for now.
Thanks,
T'ressa

IP Logged

seagullresting

ALK Member

USA
Reply #5 - Jun 26th, 2018 at 6:45pm

I do believe that those in the afterlife can see into a "future" but that does not take away from the genuine nature of our experiences and decisions in life. It seems that a lot of near death experiencers have come back because they were told that they still had a mission to accomplish, a child to raise, etc.  Later, these events did take place. I have had what I feel are precognitive dreams even very early in life. So, I think even we have a partial awareness that is veiled while we inhabit physical bodies. I have also been "spoken" to during several times of significant distress in what I can describe as a "tiny voice" -- and I feel that the voice comes from someone kind who cares about me. I find no real embarrassment over such a figure viewing me in states of great difficulty or unhappiness. I know that whatever/whoever it is cares for me. But, most of the time I have no awareness of such a spirit around me. I do, however, despite such "future awareness" existing, feel that time -- past, present and future -- are fluid in ways we don't understand here. We do live in the now, which contains all possibilities. I think it is quite possible that our greater, higher, other, however you want to describe it -- larger selves can affect all of reality on many levels.

modified: Also. If I had given up during any previous times of distress in my life, I would not have reached my present as it is...imperfect, messy, but each day greeted by my hilarious little dog. I have to admit I am very glad not to have missed it.

IP Logged

Vicky
YaBB Administrator

Colorado
Reply #6 - Jun 26th, 2018 at 7:54pm

I too have had many experiences throughout my life where I have had a "knowing" about a future event and then it actually does happen exactly as I was shown. 

I'm still not sure how or why these happen, and I certainly don't get them whenever I want.  Although I've learned a lot about how it works, it still seems that these instances are for a purpose that's greater than what I'm able to be aware.  I also believe that at least one of the ways in which I received information about things I can't possibly know is that it comes from one of my spirit guides.  I assume we all have guides and that we have many of them. 

I like to believe that our deceased loved ones also become spirit guides for us, whether we are aware of them or not.  I also assume that "they" all do quite a lot for us that we're never aware of.  A lot of behind the scenes stuff!  I'm just so curious, though, and would LOVE to know in what ways and during which times I was helped and guided or protected and had no idea!

I was watching a You Tube clip about how Bill Guggenheim (who later wrote a book with his wife about after-death communication accounts from around the world) heard his  dad's voice (who was deceased) say "Go check the swimming pool".  Bill listened, and he found their toddler son in the pool under the water.  He rescued him and the child was fine. 

So yes I do believe our loved ones who have passed can help us and can know things we can't know, and they can know what's about to happen in our present time.

WWW 198267046870499  
IP Logged

Baroness

ALK Member

Reply #7 - Jun 27th, 2018 at 3:32pm

My "knowing" is a bit different.  I get no words except those I can interpret from feelings either in my body or emotions I am feeling.  Trying to describe it is difficult.  It can be a twitter deep inside...almost like butterflies.  It is usually a warning of some kind.  I have to figure out to what or who.  It will answer a question if the answer is 'no'.  I call it my alarm because it goes off to negative situations.  Take a time a few years back.  We were going down the interstate to a Sunday night meeting in a neighboring City when my alarm went off.  I asked 'Do we need to slow down? answered with a  "No" twitter.  Is there a problem up ahead? No answer.  Are we in danger?  No answer. At this point I have to be careful because my guide or whoever doesn't like a lot of questions and will stop answering all together.  I tell my husband-driver he needs a cup of coffee.  He tells me he has one.  I tell him he has to pull off and get a fresh one.  He says, OK.  He's been through this kind of thing before.  We pull into a Micky-D's  and get the coffee.  He pours it into his cup then turns to me and asks if it is safe to proceed yet.  I ask one more question.  The answer is no twitter.  I search for it.  It is gone.  We could go on down the interstate. 

We get to the outskirts of the city and there are police everywhere.  They are redirecting traffic because of fallen trees.  A tornado went through and took down huge old trees on every street we would have taken to our meeting.  We looked in awe as each downed tree was a symbol of our safety. There were other people with us so more than my husband and myself were safe because of a silly little twitter in my gut.

That night we knew why we were redirected, but most times we don't.  We have to take it on faith that we missed an accident or a car speeding through an intersection, etc.  It is in those times, when doubt creeps in.  The questions in my mind start 'Am I just imagining things?' etc. Undecided   Faith in myself is the hardest to keep.
T'ressa 

IP Logged

Vicky
YaBB Administrator

Colorado
Reply #8 - Jun 27th, 2018 at 8:54pm

T'ressa,

I see that you have a lot of fascinating experiences with this just like I do.  I spent a great portion of my life wishing I knew "who" was giving me my psychic information.  Then there came a time when I stopped wondering, stopped caring, and I just accepted it, trusted it, and learned how it worked. 

A lot of what you read out there says we all have guides, several, and they can come and go in our lives.  I wonder why they would come and go? 

So yes, I definitely believe our guides can see and know our future, but I still wonder how much our dead loved ones know, or if they are too busy doing other things to watch what's going on here.  Maybe they get psychic nudges!  Then maybe they choose to step in and help, just like our guides.  I'm just thinking our loud here.

Anyway, your experience about the tornado came to you in the same sort of way mine usually do, when it's something bad.  The way I have learned how to respond is by feeling what feels right or what feels wrong.  Here's an example and I'll try to make it short since I blad so much.

Many years ago when my kids were in high school, my daughter Abby was at a friend's house.  She had planned on coming home around 7 or 8-ish that evening.  It was around 5-ish, I was making dinner, and suddenly I had a bad feeling that told me I wanted Abby home right now!  I had no thought with it, just the pure feeling of that want.  When I tried to explore the feeling or the meaning of it, it felt like she was not safe, and so I needed her home.  I called her immediately and told her, "I have a feeling like I need you home right now.  I'm sorry, I don't mean to interrupt your time with Jocelyn, but I just feel like I need to come get you." 

Abby said, "Well mom, I'm used to your feelings.  If that's what you feel then just come get me."  I love how calm and cool and smart she is and that she just knows and trusts my intuition.  So I jumped in the car and raced over in less than a minute.  There were police cars surrounding the area and cops on foot.  I had no idea what was going on.  I pulled up and Abby ran out the front door.  An officer yelled at her, "Get back in the house!  Now!"  Abby froze.  She said, "But my mom is here."  He yelled at her to get back in the house, but instead she ran toward my car.  She jumped in and she said, "Just drive!"  I stepped on it!  I didn't know what else to do!

I was like, "What's going on?!" and she said "I don't know but just drive!"  I went out of that neighborhood and onto the main road and turned back toward our house and was stopped by a police road block.  There was a car in front of me.  He suddenly just stepped on it and drove through, so I did the same thing!  I felt like I was gonna be in so much trouble, but the police didn't follow us. 

Later that evening we found out that a man in the house across the street from Abby's friend's house had gotten broken into by his ex-girlfriend with a gun.  He took off in his car, and she took off on foot.  There had been gunshots fired earlier, just before I called Abby.  The girls had heard it but thought it was firecrackers. 

So...that totally explained why I was suddenly feeling I want my daughter home now!  I just had had no idea what was going on.  I don't think I actually needed her home.  She would have been safe at her friend's house.  In fact, me going to get her and making her come outside was worse.  But it all worked out obviously.  I think the feeling I was getting was just one of warning me, and me wanting her home was just my gut reaction to that. 

Man that was a fun night.  It was so crazy.  Obviously I was happy Abby was safe, but looking back it was like a scene from a movie and so exciting!  Roll Eyes

Bruce and I always talked about my psychic experiences and he would give me his insights.  He always taught me that no matter what I get, that I should just respond to it with whatever comes to my mind.  If more information is needed after that, he believed it would come.  But in order to receive more, it's necessary to first respond to what you're given. 

WWW 198267046870499  
IP Logged

Soulmael

ALK Member

svk
Reply #9 - Jun 28th, 2018 at 3:24pm

Vicky wrote on Jun 27th, 2018 at 8:54pm:
A lot of what you read out there says we all have guides, several, and they can come and go in our lives. I wonder why they would come and go?

This is what i am aware of:
- they come if asked and when really needed
- they do not want to interfere with our free will
- they are trying to get at least our attention because then we may start asking for help
- they can go if we outgrow the problem they can help us with

Vicky wrote on Jun 27th, 2018 at 8:54pm:
I definitely believe our guides can see and know our future..

I would say they see probability of what we about to choose. Why not when most of the time they are in no time dimension with wider perception. Future is fluid, we have the chance to change it if we find enough courage and understand the situation correctly.

IP Logged

seagullresting

ALK Member

USA
Reply #10 - Jun 29th, 2018 at 9:40pm

I like the way you said that, Soulmael.

IP Logged

Morrighan

Multidimensional Navigator

Isle of Everywhere
Reply #11 - Jun 30th, 2018 at 9:09am

When I think about guides, or spirit guides, or by whatever nomenclature (and that is seldom), I tend to think in practical terms.

From where I write now, it appears to me "a long time ago". Or, perhaps, in "another life". This is what I'm present to on the subject, so let's let that aspect speak. For, to the story teller, it is NOW. Let's listen in. It's an aspect speaking in time:

I like my work. I am glad to be doing what I am doing because it is very important to me. It's important to do it right, and I know what I do is very important.

I do this work because I spent a long time preparing to do exactly this. I wanted to do the work. And from where I came from (the City of Angels), the opportunity looks glam.

My work is highly technical even for highly technical people. There are maybe some few score of us who do this work worldwide. The work holds a certain panache and I play it up. It helps. There's a bit of what we jokingly call "voodoo" as well. Sometimes I find a solution that everyone agrees cannot work, yet it does and nobody knows why. There's a bit "art" at play and everything I touch holds my own "signature". I'm proud of what I do, even though very, very few will ever notice.

My week begins about 03:00 Monday morning. By 06:00 I am on a jet to somewhere. It's wherever there is work to be done. I work solo in the field.  In a short while I will be in a place I have never been before, with no directions, and not a clue what is wrong. Or what can and will go wronger.

Failure is not an option.

My "guardian angels" - well, the primary ones first. That is the internal support desk for me and my associates.

Maybe I've found something the home office has never seen before (normal). Maybe I'm dealing with something the home office sees routinely (happens). If they don't know, they have unlimited resources at their disposal.

They are exactly like me - we're all in this together. Except I volunteered to travel. They have families, perhaps, and don't want to travel. Some of them did and now they don't. We're the same except I'm here and they're not.

Oh yes, there are others who make it all possible to do the work I'm sent to do. From flight attendants to coffee shop employees (coffee is IMPORTANT), everybody I meet when I am in the field (and others I don't meet) work to make things run so I can do my bit to make things run.

Nice talking with you!

Some report similar impressions as volunteers here on "Earth"  Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: Jun 30th, 2018 at 10:49am by Morrighan »  

If you push something hard enough, it will fall over — Fudd's First Law of Opposition.
It goes in — it must come out. — Teslacles Deviant to Fudd's First Law
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.