Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Life After Death (Read 7455 times)
Yogesh

ALK Member

Life After Death
Apr 23rd, 2018 at 9:43pm

Anyone here has a near-death experience  (NDE) to share?

Doing some research on the internet, I came across varied experiences like seeing the light, darkness, meeting dead relatives, etc

IP Logged

Subtle Traveler

US
Re: Life After Death
Reply #1 - Apr 23rd, 2018 at 11:15pm

Hi Yogesh ... welcome to the forum.

Just a tip ... since it is your first post. You can use the SEARCH feature to find all the current posts or whole threads about NDE's. This will give you quicker access to the many NDE's recorded already in the forum.

IP Logged

Vicky
YaBB Administrator

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Colorado
Reply #2 - Apr 24th, 2018 at 4:57pm

Hi Yogesh,

Welcome!  Have you had an NDE?

Mine was in 2004 but only in the past year or two have I been doing more research on the subject after meeting someone in person who shared her experience with me.  It got me thinking more about my own experience.  Each experience is so very unique despite some of the similar aspects that most NDEs seem to have.   

Vicky

Author of Persephone's Journey (Amazon.com)

http://www.vickyshort.blogspot.com/
WWW 198267046870499  
IP Logged

Morrighan

Multidimensional Navigator

Isle of Everywhere
Reply #3 - Apr 24th, 2018 at 6:14pm

What I wonder - and simply wondering out loud here - is why some feel it necessary to nearly check out (have a near death moment) to experience contact. And in wondering, I observe how popular NDEs are in the standard literature. It's almost like a necessary box to check on the curriculum vitae in the world of spiritual stuff.

None of which dismisses an NDE in any way, nor is intended to diminish the experience. Simply observing that it's probably a great deal easier to do afterlife exploration without putting one's own body in harm's way.

My own "not exactly an NDE" occurred well into last century when it appeared momentarily I was about to be mushed into Morrighan paste with a generous helping of windshield glass on the top. And in this moment I knew I wasn't checking out that afternoon. But no visions of afterlife. Just a plain and straightforward knowing.

Takes more than that to take me out  Tongue

If you push something hard enough, it will fall over — Fudd's First Law of Opposition.
It goes in — it must come out. — Teslacles Deviant to Fudd's First Law
IP Logged

Lekatt

Tulsa, OK
Reply #4 - May 26th, 2018 at 4:41pm

I didn't want to check out. I had this heart attack and it happened. It was a surprise to me.

"Everything can be taken away from a man but one thing: the last of the human freedoms -- to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances, to choose one's own way" ~ Viktor Frankl
IP Logged

Morrighan

Isle of Everywhere
Reply #5 - May 30th, 2018 at 3:03pm

Lekatt wrote on May 26th, 2018 at 4:41pm:
I didn't want to check out. I had this heart attack and it happened. It was a surprise to me.

Which brings us to a bit of a thread Bruce left for us in "Conversations with a Dying Man":

Bruce Moen wrote on Oct 23rd, 2017 at 9:44pm:
Morrighan wrote on Oct 13th, 2017 at 9:14am:
I honor your exercise of free will, Bruce. Is this not what is most important?

That only works when ALL realize that cooperation is superior over conflict.

I am not allowed to legally chose the time and manner of my death.  States like Oregon are trying to work out details to make euthanasia for the good of All.

What I observe as part of Afterlife Knowledge is how to converse directly with those who have access to their personal decision space for their own transition. It does a retriever well to hold a completely open mind, unsullied by personal beliefs about what should be rather than what is.

Whose decision is it to transition, is part of the question. And the right to choose happiness is to be respected.

(We see some NDE'ers report choice to stay or go, and others report "orders" to return. Not sure what's the straight dope here.)
« Last Edit: May 31st, 2018 at 11:15am by Morrighan »  

If you push something hard enough, it will fall over — Fudd's First Law of Opposition.
IP Logged

Vicky
YaBB Administrator

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Colorado
Reply #6 - Jun 1st, 2018 at 12:44pm

Morrighan wrote on Apr 24th, 2018 at 6:14pm:
What I wonder - and simply wondering out loud here - is why some feel it necessary to nearly check out (have a near death moment) to experience contact. And in wondering, I observe how popular NDEs are in the standard literature. It's almost like a necessary box to check on the curriculum vitae in the world of spiritual stuff.

I don't know why, in the bigger picture, I had my NDE.  I mean, I know why in the little sense...my blood sugar dropped too quickly.  But why in the sense of it being necessary?  I have no idea.  What I can say with certainly, though, is that when I got there I knew without any doubt that this was my home, it was where I had come from and where I would return after my death, and it even felt like I had visited there a few times before, perhaps during sleep/dreams/OBEs, getting a glimpse of that "area".  However, I'm only saying that because it was so familiar.  During my NDE I was only on the border, never went further than that.

My NDE however, was more distinct than dream-like state.  This was more "serious" since my body was having a physical event going on, but in a sense I really think this was accidental, like I wasn't supposed to go there per se.  I really felt like my guide was slapping his forehead going, "Oh man, what's she doing here??  How did this happen?"  My reaction was that since I was there, I might as well just stay.  It made sense to me!  But that's not how it works  Roll Eyes

Quote:
None of which dismisses an NDE in any way, nor is intended to diminish the experience. Simply observing that it's probably a great deal easier to do afterlife exploration without putting one's own body in harm's way.

Exactly!

Quote:
My own "not exactly an NDE" occurred well into last century when it appeared momentarily I was about to be mushed into Morrighan paste with a generous helping of windshield glass on the top. And in this moment I knew I wasn't checking out that afternoon. But no visions of afterlife. Just a plain and straightforward knowing.

Takes more than that to take me out  Tongue

What happened??  You had a knowing that you were going to be, or could be, hit by a car?

Author of Persephone's Journey (Amazon.com)

http://www.vickyshort.blogspot.com/
WWW 198267046870499  
IP Logged

Morrighan

Isle of Everywhere
Reply #7 - Jun 1st, 2018 at 4:46pm

Hi Vicky,

The knowing I was present to in that moment was the certainty I was not going to die as a result of the car collision. Felt true to me all the way down, and it was so. I did, however, get to be the first patient in the hospital's brand new trauma center. All the hospital staff were totally psyched to use it one full day before the official opening. So a lot of "oh boy, you're the first to be scanned for real with this new machine" etc.

In this, it feels my own decision. Physically young and plenty to do here. Not a decision by any version of TGU. Wouldn't be none of their business, in my view.

Which is where in part this thread leads. Bruce's personal decision to leave was not honored because of the law in his state.

IP Logged

seagullresting

ALK Member

USA
Reply #8 - Jun 5th, 2018 at 8:44pm

A chosen path to leave the planet is sometimes a difficult one. We can never judge for another. Sometimes a person can listen to their own erroneous thoughts and think/feel it is the only choice, to just end it. But, that is often only one choice, and as significant as choosing a different ice cream flavor to the one who feels they must choose it. There are so many others. Other flavors. It is important to try them all, if you can. It is quite a splendid experience, and when you are old you have lots of stories to tell.

IP Logged

Morrighan

Isle of Everywhere
Reply #9 - Jun 6th, 2018 at 8:53am

Clear observation, seagullresting

Any word will do; some say soul and many agree that is a useful descriptor. "Zero Point" is the practice of leaving mind at the door so that we may listen to the soul.

And "do not judge" is always operative  Smiley

IP Logged

seagullresting

ALK Member

USA
Reply #10 - Jun 6th, 2018 at 9:25pm

Yes, to leaving mind at the door. We know nothing. But, if there is a Creator, of sorts, of any kind...and if we are one with this Source, in any Way. That part of us, which is the Creator in relationship with us, wants to know. We are the story. Not only are we the one we are seeking, personally...we are that which the Creator is seeking. So there is no need to fear, in any way, whatsoever.

IP Logged

seagullresting

ALK Member

USA
Reply #11 - Jun 6th, 2018 at 9:59pm

We just truly do not understand how fortunate we are to be here. If you think about it, how the planet is spinning, how the universe is moving, how the very earth beneath our feet shifts and can destroy all living things in a few moments...let us rejoice in what we have together. None of us can predict the future. None of us can say we are safe in such a way unless we are fortified by our own emotional independence. We must break free. How else is it said? How else is it said?

IP Logged

Morrighan

Isle of Everywhere
Reply #12 - Jun 7th, 2018 at 9:12pm

Our bodies have taken a bad rap for a long time. Up to you, hey? ".... how fortunate to be here" and take all this time and effort to OBE at every opportunity. In my experience, the more we fully embody here, the more we can move freely wherever we want.

Not sure how any agrees to embody here without much of a commitment LOL

And there are lots of places to be. I suppose here is a personal account to kickstart this thought:

We are hunting together. My life is ebbing out of me right now, and this is what I feel. There's blood everywhere and I see it is mine. I've been shot. I am dying.

And also pretty pissed.

My friend shot me!

Was it an accident?

No response.

It's time to go now. You know the way home.

And I do. No help required. It's my home and of course I know the way. Bye

Doesn't matter if it "happened". Once present to this, the shift takes care of itself.

Always a benefit to know yr way around the afterlife territories ....   Lips Sealed

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.