Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Theta experience (Read 9645 times)
Vicky
YaBB Administrator

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Colorado
Theta experience
Apr 3rd, 2018 at 7:31pm

Sunday night I had a couple very weird experiences!  From what I know of the brainwaves and stages of sleep and my experiments with Thata, I think I was in a Theta brainwave briefly while coming out of Delta sleep.   

Earlier that evening I was feeling kind of ill with body aches and a bit of a sore throat so I took a little Niquil to help me sleep.  (I had taken only one-half of a tablespoon which is enough to knock me out the whole night).  I slept great until I woke up at 2:00 am because my radio had suddenly turned on.  My alarm is always set to “radio” to wake me each morning but it didn’t make sense that it was waking me early.  I assumed that something was wrong with my alarm clock.  I reached over to turn it off but that’s when the music stopped.  I decided not to try to mess with it and just go back to sleep.

I had trouble getting back to sleep because I was so very groggy, and I could tell that I had just been in a very deep sleep.  I had to lay there for several minutes before I fell asleep again. 

Then a couple hours later the same thing happened!  This time it was around 4:00 am.  My radio was suddenly playing music again and it woke me with a jolt.  I first assumed it was my alarm waking me but when I looked at the time I knew it wasn’t time to get up yet.  I thought, “Really?  Again?”  I reached over to shut it off but then suddenly the music just stopped.  I was pretty annoyed that this happened a second time.   Again I was feeling so groggy like I’d been awakened from a really deep sleep, but it didn’t feel like I had been dreaming.  This was a different feeling than that of waking from a dream.   

I thought it was weird that both times when I reached to shut off the music, it just suddenly stopped.  I felt like I really did hear physical music playing but it didn’t make any sense that my radio would suddenly come on and then suddenly go off again.  I thought for sure something must be wrong with my alarm clock and I worried I might oversleep for work, so I got out of bed and went to my phone on my desk to check and make sure my phone alarm was set.  (I always set my phone alarm to go off about 15 minutes later than my clock alarm just as a backup).  It was set, so I got back into bed. 

So all day long I kept trying to figure out what was really going on.  Were they just very realistic dreams?  If not, how could my radio suddenly come on and then suddenly turn off?  Then I realized that what makes the most sense is that I was in a mind awake/body asleep state and that I really did hear (nonphysically) real physical music playing but the radio was not actually on, and the reason why the music “turned off” when I moved to try to turn off the radio is because I was awake and no longer hearing nonphysically. 

After I came to this conclusion I thought it was pretty cool and wish I hadn't been so cranky  Roll Eyes.  But I rarely know that I'm in Focus 10 until after I wake up.  Like, I hear myself snoring all the time and I'll think, "Oh how funny, I'm snoring" and then I'll wake right up.  So I never get the chance to do more while in this state.  Anyway, it was neat.

Vicky

Author of Persephone's Journey (Amazon.com)

http://www.vickyshort.blogspot.com/
WWW 198267046870499  
IP Logged

Subtle Traveler

US
Re: Theta experience
Reply #1 - Apr 3rd, 2018 at 10:22pm

Sounds like some stress and adrenaline came into play (e.g., both can trigger the brain into a flight response), while the half-dose of medication kept your body lightly knocked out.

Hey, also ... don't let the ayuhuasca user community find out your newly discovered formula for theta states. Otherwise they'll be inducing the flu, so they can medicate with Nyquil and save on airfares to South America.

Roll Eyes 

IP Logged

Vicky
YaBB Administrator

Colorado
Reply #2 - Apr 4th, 2018 at 12:34am

Ha. Funny. 

I’ve always had weirdness with sleep with sleep walking and talking, and having night terrors as a kid.  I miss the really intense dreams I used to have when I was younger.  I can’t wait til the home renovations are done and I can do brainwave entrainment again, and just being back to a normal routine and getting good, regular sleep.  That will all definitely help my stress levels.  It's been getting better, but I am at my best when I can stick to a good routine.

Why did I have adrenalin and the flight reaction, do you think?  I’m assuming the antihistamine played a role but like I said, usually it knocks me out for the entire night, even such a low dose.  I also think some recent lack of sleep played a role.  I’ve had to take naps the past few days.  I’ve just been so run down lately.  So maybe the extra sleep made me sleep deeper at night.

WWW 198267046870499  
IP Logged

Subtle Traveler

US
Reply #3 - Apr 4th, 2018 at 10:52am

Vicky wrote on Apr 4th, 2018 at 12:34am:
Why did I have adrenalin and the flight reaction, do you think?  I’m assuming the antihistamine played a role but like I said, usually it knocks me out for the entire night, even such a low dose.  I also think some recent lack of sleep played a role.  I’ve had to take naps the past few days.  I’ve just been so run down lately.  So maybe the extra sleep made me sleep deeper at night.

Smart girl. Looks like you answered your own question. I would add the following "very distant" observations.

Your body (immune system) would certainly be a bit worn down from all you having been accomplishing in the last two months. Naturally, this also would increase stress.

There appears to be some mild trauma or trigger with that added stress, and that may have induced the brain wave state (e.g., theta). Kind of like a very mini or micro NDE.

I am not surprised that you immediately related this to your growing up, if think about where you are in life right now and what you are transitioning from.

There appears to be a sub-conscious message of "I want to get out of this body (maybe even I want get out of this house until it is done the way I want)." However, I would be guessing on this one.

Finally, the alarm clock seems to be a metaphor or reminder (e.g., about you being stressed about "not waking up" in the morning because you have responsibilities or things in the house you want to get done ... so life can be normal again). That OR you are simply in "energizer bunny mode" where you just keep going ... and your psyche is saying "OK, enough of this ... time to wake this girl up!".

However, considering all this ... you have done the best things for yourself getting some more rest both (1) last week and (2) this weekend as the flu symptoms showed up.

Smiley
« Last Edit: Apr 4th, 2018 at 2:59pm by Subtle Traveler »  

IP Logged

Vicky
YaBB Administrator

Colorado
Reply #4 - Apr 4th, 2018 at 7:27pm

Thanks ST.  Your replies are always nurturing and supportive, which I appreciate.

This was cool and I am grateful that despite this stressful and ever-changing time in my life that I can still have exciting experiences to distract me.  It stands to reason that the music I perceived as coming from my radio was actually playing on the airwaves despite my radio being turned off.  I have no proof but that’s my assumption based on past experience.  I’m wondering how I can create some experiments to play around with this. 

WWW 198267046870499  
IP Logged

Subtle Traveler

US
Reply #5 - Apr 4th, 2018 at 9:23pm

Vicky wrote on Apr 4th, 2018 at 7:27pm:
It stands to reason that the music I perceived as coming from my radio was actually playing on the airwaves despite my radio being turned off.  I have no proof but that’s my assumption based on past experience.  I’m wondering how I can create some experiments to play around with this. 

I have been experiencing non-physical music also. It happened again two nights ago and just kept going, so I just went to bed with it. I ended up having a rather vivid dream experience, but I was a bit out of it because I had a glass of wine with dinner and watched The Clippers lose (which was disappointing).

However, I am now wondering if you are hearing the same music that I am hearing. Probably not, but I am curious. Maybe next time, I hear my non-3D song I will make a recording using my voice. Do you remember what was playing on your radio?

As far as experiments, conducting independent studies was my business. I did that for a living. So, I understand a bit how to construct an experiment. I will think through possible experiments with your description above in mind. No guarantees, but give me a few days.

In the interim ... if you want to invite another experience with your non-3D clock radio again, then ask your helpers. But, I might suggest doing some healing work first and also getting rid of the flu. It might also be good to "place the intention to experience and to know the balance of the receiver and the interpreter" before you sleep.

That's what I got for now ... just talking out loud on the Internet ... hopefully no Russians spies are following along here.  Tongue

IP Logged

Vicky
YaBB Administrator

Colorado
Reply #6 - Apr 5th, 2018 at 12:42am

Russian spies??   Huh

You know what I finally figured out?  I mean, I do need to ask my surgeon just to verify it, but I’m pretty sure that each time he’s done surgery on me that they must be listening to 50s and 60s music in the operating room because when I awaken from surgery the oldies are stuck in my head for days!  Speaking of music, while my son and I grabbed some fast food this afternoon an old song was playing that brought back so many good feelings.  I used to love it but had forgotten about it and hadn't heard in so many years.  It's Count On Me by Jefferson Starship.  I pulled it up on You Tube and have been playing it over and over.  What a great song.  My biggest passions in life are my spiritual beliefs and music. 

I’m up for your experiment ideas!  But just know that my purpose is more geared toward replicating and playing with altered states than looking for proof.  Don’t get me wrong, proof is awesome, but I don’t want it to be the intention.  It takes the fun out of things.  I'm not too interested in my radio, it's the Theta state that I'd like to play with.  Weird and fun things happen there and I love that. 

How were you hearing nonphysical music?  Was it random and spontaneous or were you doing some meditation or something? 

It's funny you mentioned for me to work on the Perceiver and Interpreter balance.  I know it's always a necessary application and one we all need, but it just so happened that today I was working on some book notes and the topic I was working on was the balance between Perceiving and Interpreting and how it applies to psychic ability and development.  And too, a couple days ago I was transcribing one of Bruce's videos and the topic happened to be, yep, the Perceiver and Interpreter and how to balance it. 

A little bit of synchronicity there.  Thanks.  And a good reminder for me that it's definitely an intention that needs my attention right now. 

WWW 198267046870499  
IP Logged

Subtle Traveler

US
Reply #7 - Apr 5th, 2018 at 2:56am

Re: Russian spies ... it's all in the news ... they took over Facebook and Twitter and other social media during the 2016 election with thousands of fake accounts fronted by the GRU (e.g., the Russian spy agency). And, Facebook ended up giving away the information of 87 million users in that process to a company called Cambridge Analytica. It looks like the Russian spy agency was also given the Facebook data of 87 million users through Cambridge Analytica. Cambridge Analytica was the data firm working for Trump during the election. They did some really bad stuff. Robert Mueller (the Special Prosecutor) and the Grand Jury (two of them) are investigating.

Ask your son about the recent Facebook security breaches. He should know this stuff. IT WAS VERY BAD. I would encourage anyone to stop using Facebook. I never have had an account, because I knew they were not protecting people's data.

Re: Music ... I have been sometimes hearing non-physical music when just sitting around in my office (not meditating). It happens once in a while (not tonight however).

Overall, it seems that I am either developing a non-physical skill (like Bruce talks about in AKG) OR some being(s) is (are) simply playing the songs for me. I began to gain this skill when training my brain with hemi-sync more intently over the last few months ago. I do often hear additional (non-physical) music and sounds when I meditate using hemi-sync (e.g., that is beyond the hemi-sync waves and tones). This is very common for me now (nearly every time).

Re: Experiment ... You were apparently dis-oriented in your experience. So, setting the intention to know the balance of perceiver and interpreter is the first step toward more inner clarity about your experiences. And you can do that on your own now, without me creating an experiment.

It sounds like you got that.

IP Logged

rondele

ALK Member

Virginia
Reply #8 - Apr 5th, 2018 at 8:17am

Just wanted to reinforce ST's warning about FB. Use of personal data goes back to the 2012 campaign, except it was used by Obama.

In fact, at that time, a former Obama campaign director, Carol Davidsen, tweeted that "Facebook was surprised we were able to suck out the whole social graph, but they didn't stop us once they realized that was what we were doing." The main difference was that in 2012 the data was used during the campaign while in 2016 it was used during the primaries. In either case it demonstrates how pernicious the practice was.

So bottom line, understand the risks involved in using FB. It's not a new problem. Actually same goes for Google although in that case the personal data appears to be used for advertising purposes. Personally I use Bing or duckduckgo.

R

IP Logged

Vicky
YaBB Administrator

Colorado
Reply #9 - Apr 5th, 2018 at 10:45am

ST and Roger,

Wow you guys, I really wasn't aware!  I had heard people bad-talking about FB's lack of privacy issues but not in detail like this.  I haven't heard any of this.  I don't watch the news and I haven't been on FB much for the last few months.

What did they mean by "suck out the whole social graph"?  I also haven't heard of duckduckgo.  I'll check it out.

WWW 198267046870499  
IP Logged

Lights of Love

Reply #10 - Apr 6th, 2018 at 12:17am

Quote:
What did they mean by "suck out the whole social graph"?

Vicky,

Here's a talk the woman Roger mentioned gave describing the data collection, how and why it is done and where it crosses the line. It's about 23 minutes long, but worth listening to.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LGiiQUMaShw

Tread softly through life with a tender heart and a gentle, understanding spirit.

IP Logged

Morrighan

Multidimensional Navigator

Isle of Everywhere
Reply #11 - Apr 6th, 2018 at 7:54am

Personal data collection for resale is big business. Google, Apple, Microsoft, Facebook are just the tip of the iceberg.

Imagine what is being done multidimensionally - beyond FB. The word "torture" is no exaggeration.

If you push something hard enough, it will fall over — Fudd's First Law of Opposition.
It goes in — it must come out. — Teslacles Deviant to Fudd's First Law
IP Logged

Subtle Traveler

US
Reply #12 - Apr 12th, 2018 at 3:42pm

Vicky wrote on Apr 5th, 2018 at 10:45am:
ST and Roger,

Wow you guys, I really wasn't aware!  I had heard people bad-talking about FB's lack of privacy issues but not in detail like this.  I haven't heard any of this.  I don't watch the news and I haven't been on FB much for the last few months.

What did they mean by "suck out the whole social graph"?  I also haven't heard of duckduckgo.  I'll check it out.

You have not heard about this, because they hide these details.

The "social graph" is your Facebook profile plus: (1) ALL your ONLINE CHOICES including places you go on the Internet (FB tracks where you go your IP address using cookies and other hidden tracking tools, so you do not have to be logged into FB for them to track you); (2) Your relationships (e.g., people you follow on FB), and they may even track your friends and you as a group for certain things. There is probably more beyond these two general categories.

Facebook essentially gives your information away. It is the basis of their "business model" or how they operate. Think about Instagram, Snapchat and all the other social media app's connected to Facebook - THEY HAVE YOUR DATA ALSO (without you knowing that) because of Facebook's business model.

And after seeing Zuckerberg briefly this week in front of Congress, I do not think that Facebook will change much, because Congress is too dumb (e.g., technically inept) about how to effectively regulate them. And many in Congress can be bought out with Facebook $$$.

Unless Facebook changes their business model, I will continue to avoid them. I hope this makes things more understandable.

IP Logged

Vicky
YaBB Administrator

Colorado
Reply #13 - Apr 12th, 2018 at 6:25pm

Subtle Traveler,

Thanks for explaining it.  I've since been learning more and more about it from friends lately.  It's shocking to say the least!

WWW 198267046870499  
IP Logged

Morrighan

Multidimensional Navigator

Isle of Everywhere
Reply #14 - Apr 13th, 2018 at 6:00pm

Just spoke today with a friend about that face place. She had, until very recently, considered it just a part of daily life. It never occurred to her, until recent news stories broke, to think about what they actually do.

And this is true of a great many things we take as "normal".

If you push something hard enough, it will fall over — Fudd's First Law of Opposition.
It goes in — it must come out. — Teslacles Deviant to Fudd's First Law
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.