Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
Hi (Read 22840 times)
John Ells

ALK Member

Re: Hi
Reply #15 - Mar 25th, 2018 at 8:56pm

Hi Alan,  some think (including me) that it is always our own choice whether to incarnate or not.  In addition to the books mentioned by ST,  also look at Michael Newton's, Journey of Souls and Destiny of Souls.  Personally I think they're outstanding.

IP Logged

Vicky
YaBB Administrator

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Colorado
Reply #16 - Mar 25th, 2018 at 9:12pm

John Ells wrote on Mar 25th, 2018 at 8:56pm:
some think (including me) that it is always our own choice whether to incarnate or not. 

I think so too.  I'm always remembering that there's me here and then there's the bigger Me, the greater part of my being, and that what the me here wants might be different from what the rest of me wants or has planned.  Obviously it's all a matter of perspective.  From my present perspective, I am not particularly thrilled about the idea of coming back again, but I can open my mind and imagine from another perspective that there would probably be some good reasons and benefits from doing so. 

I like to believe that even though my soul makes plans and that there are things I'm not aware of from my perspective at the moment, that I still have free will to make changes and decisions at any time in this whole process.  It's my belief that we have a life, not just here, but there too.  And since time is irrelevant per se, then I just try not to worry about such big decisions from this perspective. 

I wish I could explain better how I "see" and understand my beliefs about these perspectives.  Time does play a role but not in the way we normally think of time.  Time plays a role in how long it takes for us to grow, change, adapt, learn, etc, and I think that whether we're in this life, or another, or alive or dead, it doesn't matter.  I think we have many avenues in which we can learn and do what we need to.  We have options.  That's what I believe.  So reincarnation is just one of those options. 

What I'm more interested in than anything else, if I could know anything I wanted to know...is that I'd like to know the reasons I came into this life and have had the experiences I've had, both bad and good.  I'm the kind of person who believes there's a reason for everything, and we choose which lessons we want to learn, and we'll keep repeating the same circumstances or situations until we learn.  But I just want to know all the details about me on a soul level. 

Does anyone else wonder those things?  Maybe I don't really want to know all the answers!  Roll Eyes

Author of Persephone's Journey (Amazon.com)

http://www.vickyshort.blogspot.com/
WWW 198267046870499  
IP Logged

John Ells

ALK Member

Reply #17 - Mar 25th, 2018 at 9:32pm

Does anyone else wonder those things?

Absolutely!  All the time.

IP Logged

Morrighan

Multidimensional Navigator

Isle of Everywhere
Reply #18 - Mar 26th, 2018 at 8:34am

In the course of work on Self, and in my professional capacity I find very little regarding past lives, future lives and ingress / egress in our shared "reality" that corresponds to anything I've ever read on the subject(s).

What I find is we already have all we need to navigate these waters. In this moment all is available to us. Sometimes it takes a bit of a nudge, hey? In working with a client, I am always more amazed than they!

Access to this is just another aspect of some of the techniques Bruce articulated.

What I find when I am at work is just how excited people are to be here. It's something we want to do and come here with agreements on all parts.

All fine words, but how about a little practicum? You (general you) came to the Afterlife Knowledge forum in search of afterlife knowledge.

What I personally find to be most effective is stay in your body. Our bodies are exquisite vehicles for exploration! .... A good relationship with your body helps a great deal .... how do you feel when you are told you are "not good enough"? Our bodies respond to our love, or lack of love too.

You (general you) are free to ask your body to show you  (assuming you and your body are on speaking terms) what you truly desire to know .... Try this: using the techniques you learned here or from similar sources, look to the cellular level. Look for what is ready to show itself to you. If you're an "intent-placer" you can place the intent for your body to show you what to be present to now.

It's quite easy to go from there to be shown your inception point and just run the trace back from there.

If you push something hard enough, it will fall over — Fudd's First Law of Opposition.
It goes in — it must come out. — Teslacles Deviant to Fudd's First Law
IP Logged

Subtle Traveler

US
Reply #19 - Mar 26th, 2018 at 8:13pm

Currently, I probably wonder more if the LA Clippers can still make the playoffs.  Sad  Grin

That 'each of us chooses to come here into a 3D setting' ... well, that makes the most sense to me. It is a community decision however. We are each a community. I do not have a complete understanding about all that, but I am learning quickly about it. And I would suggest that Bruce Moen's "disk" concept is a part of supporting our community.

fwiw ... I can no longer read the Michael Newton stuff. I read 3 of his books in 2014 before I had my first self-initiated out of body experience (2015). Based on my current experiences with my guidance and meeting some of the lives that I spring from, many of Newton's conclusions no longer resonate with me. And one of the things that I enjoy (a lot) about my current practice is that I am not reliant on a paid professional (e.g., like a past life regression therapist) to get my questions answered.

Basically, Newton's conclusions about his clients experiences were based in 3D thinking (time and space). And, to use Bruce Moen's language to describe a looming problem, Newton's conclusions were subject to both Newton's perception-interpretation and his client's. That's a lot of filtering. However, that does not mean that past life regression does not have benefit from some.

So ... since we are talking about this ... I would suggest again that we are complex beings (all-D) ... not wholly linear ones (subjected to 3D limitations when our body dies). Without a time and space limitation, that means that our expansion here is NOT life after life ... NOT in a succession. We only perceive that it is a succession, while we are limited to our physical body and the 3D limitations on this environment (time and space).

Those limitations (time and space) disappear when we are no longer in the 3D in our physical body.

IP Logged

Morrighan

Isle of Everywhere
Reply #20 - Mar 26th, 2018 at 9:34pm

Subtle Traveler wrote on Mar 26th, 2018 at 8:13pm:
So ... since we are talking about this ... I would suggest again that we are complex beings (all-D) ... not wholly linear ones (subjected to 3D limitations when our body dies). Without a time and space limitation, that means that our expansion here is NOT life after life ... NOT in a succession. We only perceive that it is a succession, while we are limited to our physical body and the 3D limitations on this environment (time and space).

Those limitations (time and space) disappear when we are no longer in the 3D in our physical body.

Hi S-T

I find the physical body is no firewall to 5D+ .

One of the more interesting journeys one can make is to what may as well be called No Time. It's pretty fun, actually.  Cheesy  Makes things much more interesting!   Cool

If you push something hard enough, it will fall over — Fudd's First Law of Opposition.
IP Logged

Subtle Traveler

US
Reply #21 - Mar 27th, 2018 at 8:18am

Morrighan wrote on Mar 26th, 2018 at 9:34pm:
Hi S-T

I find the physical body is no firewall to 5D+ .

One of the more interesting journeys one can make is to what may as well be called No Time. It's pretty fun, actually.  Cheesy  Makes things much more interesting!   Cool

Yes, I do understand. I have recently been training my brain with a focus 15 recording.

I framed my last comment to specifically include "non-experiencers" who may be quietly following along here. When I visit the site, I always see 20 to 25 others listed as being on the forum, without knowing who they are. There is apparently a bigger (but unengaged) audience here.

I also realize that we do not all read the same books or have the same experiences. So, I am feeling more than ever that we need new scaffolding to proceed in our exploration of the topic of "who we are" ... not continually relying on the old structures of life after life in a linear format (e.g., as with past life regression using 3D interpretations).

That's why I held forth.

IP Logged

Morrighan

Isle of Everywhere
Reply #22 - Mar 27th, 2018 at 11:40am

Yes I see, Subtle Traveler.  Smiley

One may think of it as new terms of engagement.

IP Logged

rondele

ALK Member

Virginia
Reply #23 - Mar 27th, 2018 at 12:45pm

ST said:

"Basically, Newton's conclusions about his clients experiences were based in 3D thinking (time and space). And, to use Bruce Moen's language to describe a looming problem, Newton's conclusions were subject to both Newton's perception-interpretation and his client's. That's a lot of filtering. However, that does not mean that past life regression does not have benefit from some."

Bruce would have agreed with you. When I discussed this with him, he was skeptical of Newton's findings (actually those of his clients who were under deep hypnosis). Bruce pointed out that people tend to subconsciously want to please their therapist and would tend to reinforce the theories of the therapist. Assuming Newton believed in what his subjects reported; i.e. when we incarnate we take only the amount of our energy needed for the challenges we and our guides set out for our upcoming life, and part of our energy (our spiritual self) stays behind, then it's not surprising that's what was reported.

Supposedly no one incarnates without very careful planning and preparation, otherwise the earthly life may be misdirected or even wasted.

My own opinion is that Newton is full of beans. Either that or the guides have gone off their meds. The chaos and violence we see every day in the world is human behavior run amok. The careful planning is, to be kind, not so careful.

R

IP Logged

Subtle Traveler

US
Reply #24 - Mar 27th, 2018 at 2:07pm

Hi Rondele ...

Thanks for the feedback, and especially sharing your experience with Bruce Moen. I think that you present some interesting questions about "where was guidance in all of this?".

I have always sensed that Newton was well intentioned. So, I do not condemn his work. However, he is no longer someone that I would recommend reading.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/review/RK2RM6MXQUB6O?ref_=glimp_1rv_cl

Here is one of the main problems that I now see with the evolution of his life work. As Newton started categorizing his findings into books that's when "front loading" had the opportunity to quickly creep into his work and research (even at subconscious levels). So, for example people would read his books and then come to him for sessions expecting to experience and explore all the things that he stated in his books (e.g., council of elders, tunnels of light, life planning machines to return to the physical). And because of consciousness and our ability to create with thought, those projections would show up in people's interpretations of their experiences with Newton in those sessions. And sometimes, Newton (or the supporting therapist) would actually guide the client, "you are now going to the council of elders ...".

But, here's the "juice" or "kicker". Then, Newton would put those interpreted experiences in his 2nd and 3rd books as further validating his work. Then, his students would also "front load" with their clients ... repeating the cycle. Kind of a weird circle of dirty data ... from a scientific, 3d point of view.

There are some past life regression therapists that I respect. Nancy Canning is one (a student of Newton who broke away from his clan). I personally did not find the need for a past life regression, because I met my guide and began asking them these kinds of questions. That's when I was introduced to some of the lives supporting me.

Thanks for your input.  Smiley

(Note to all reading: I have edited this comment for clarity. When compared to the pioneering life work of Robert Monroe or even Bruce Moen's additions to that, I can no longer consider Michael Newton work equally as pioneering. See the link to my book review above, if you have questions about that.)
« Last Edit: Mar 27th, 2018 at 11:13pm by Subtle Traveler »  

IP Logged

Morrighan

Isle of Everywhere
Reply #25 - Mar 27th, 2018 at 5:12pm

It sometimes happens in the course of my [work] to be present to what some call past lives. That concept in itself does not present a distortion that I've seen. It's a matter of shifting to the metapoint where there is no conflict.

The balance to me as I work in these spaces is being fully present to what presents itself. Re-telling the tale of what occurs is a great deal like the re-telling of a retrieval. Actually, it is very much like a retrieval.

What I see when "past lives" present themselves is the .... well okay here is an illustrative story:

This is a place that draws both blues musicians and blues fans. They serve legal refreshments.... To my left is a biker couple. She is a very skilled seer herself; she sees auras and deliberately sits next to me. This is what I learn as we talk as I wait to take my set on stage.

She asks me to take a quick look at her field and tell her what I see. "You didn't tell me anything I didn't know," she says. I reply: "But you needed to hear what I say, and that's why you found me."

This is how I see things with "past lives". This is true of every "past life" I've seen. We know. Of course we know. It's not about magically time traveling in some light vehicle to the year 2525 or the year 0. It's about opening the field to see one's self right now, fully here in the present in a physical form. It's a profound moment.

That's a start at what I find regarding "past lives".

IP Logged

John Ells

ALK Member

Reply #26 - Mar 27th, 2018 at 8:11pm

ST wrote:
"And all this is no different than TMI folks front loading their interpretations of their OBE's after reading one of Monroe's books (e.g., all the interpretations of loosh is a good example). Bob Monroe was a true pioneer (so was Bruce in some ways), but he made mistakes in his early interpretations. Mistakes are a part of pioneering.

Newton was (while void of the OBE) a pioneer also."

Thanks for pointing that out.  I was just going to mention that the Gateway Experience is purely hypnosis.  I imagine that the more advanced programs are similar if not identical.  I only have used the Gateway CD's, however.  Still I hold the highest regard for Monroe, Newton, as well as Bruce--and many more for that matter.    And like you, a lot of my regard stems from past (and verifiable) experiences.  Also don't forget that, as Moen points out, it often takes some imagination to light the fires, so-to-speak, at times being unclear just where the imagination ends.  As a matter of fact, most, if not all, of Bruce's teachings remind me to a great extent of Shamanism, of which I am also a great fan.  But all this is OK.  From whatever path we're comfortable with we still get verifiable experiences.  It seems to me that whether we use hypnosis, prayer, stones and bones, or just our imagination--or especially our imagination--we will always be able to get to where we're going.

IP Logged

Subtle Traveler

US
Reply #27 - Mar 27th, 2018 at 8:53pm

I strongly disagree. Gateway is much more than hypnosis.

IP Logged

John Ells

ALK Member

Reply #28 - Mar 27th, 2018 at 9:22pm

We'll have to agree to disagree then.  All of Monroe's verbals, with the assistance of binaural beats. is basically trance induction.

IP Logged

Vicky
YaBB Administrator

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Colorado
Reply #29 - Mar 28th, 2018 at 1:25am

I'm enjoying the conversation from everyone.  Wish I could formulate into words what this is hitting on for me.  I gotta let it sink in some more.  I like what you said, ST, about how we're complex beings, not wholly linear ones.  I agree, and it got me thinking so much that I can't really put it into words.  I'll sleep on it  Wink

Author of Persephone's Journey (Amazon.com)

http://www.vickyshort.blogspot.com/
WWW 198267046870499  
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.