Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4
Send Topic Print
Hi (Read 23145 times)
John Ells

ALK Member

Hi
Mar 15th, 2018 at 8:34pm

Hi all  Smiley
I'm new to the forum so thought I'd say hi.  It looks a little slow at the moment.  I've been enjoying the heck out of Bruce's books.  I'm creeping through the guidebook for the sink-in factor.  He's got a great writing style--very easy to follow.  I can see a lot of Robert Monroe's influence in his books as well. I had been hoping (for the longest time) that they would come out in Kindle, but they never did for some reason, so I broke down and ordered them. 

I was so sorry to hear about his passing.  Death sucks mud, it really does.  I know it's not supposed to; that they're all still accessible at some level and all--have even proven it for myself.  But it still doesn't make the separation any easier.  I also think I'm learning that the older you are the harder it is to be so sure about the 'proof.' 

But on this note, I was just reading an article on Jurgen Ziewe's website (author of Multidimensional Man--got it ordered too; catching up on non-ebook format I guess), and he jogged my memory of something I used to think of a lot in the past but haven't given much more thought to the premise, which is, "what if we're already dead?"  Then, synchonastically, I was listening to a talk the next day on YouTube about Anita Moorjani's second book, 'What if this is heaven?'  Then the next couple of days I keep getting all these strings of numbers, like 1111s, 333s, 555s, etc., much more than I usually do.  Eerie.  It's like, did I hit the jackpot?

When I consider some close calls I had in the past, during very extensive and difficult separate occasion surgeries, with no recollection of any NDEs, I can rationalize the possibility.  So how do we really know we're not dead?

IP Logged

Subtle Traveler

US
Re: Hi
Reply #1 - Mar 15th, 2018 at 11:02pm

Hi John

Welcome to the forum.

I like Jurgen Ziewe a lot. Back in 2015 I read his 2nd book, Vistas of Infinity. He is not a “how to” author like Bruce Moen or William Buhlman, but he shares his personal experiences and travels with a style that I enjoy reading. He also shares his own experiences with guidance (what he calls his “invisible companion”), and this matches with my own experience (e.g., that we all have guidance).

Regarding "being dead" while extended here in 3D physical reality ... well, that wording does not resonate with me. When we drop the body, it dies but we do not. When the body dies, we learn to orient ourselves without a physical body (e.g., because we are, each of us, more than our physical body).

I have accumulated a few non-physical experiences that would contradict the conclusion that I am already dead. For example, talking to my dad after he physically died a few years back. So, this is why I would suggest that this does not resonates with me.

Does that make sense?

IP Logged

Vicky
YaBB Administrator

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Colorado
Reply #2 - Mar 16th, 2018 at 1:28am

Hi John,

Welcome to the Conversation Board.  It's always nice having a newcomer.  Personally I'm so happy to hear that you've enjoyed Bruce's books!  I love his writing style too and how personable it is.  A little note on the possibility of e-books versions, not sure if I'm supposed to say anything or not but I think they are working on making his books e-books.  As soon as I know more I will make it known for sure.

I agree with you that accepting death is so hard even when you know it's not the end and that our loved ones are still "here" somewhere.  And even though I believe we can access them and have experiences of contact and communication (as I know I have had my own proof of that) it still doesn't make the separation any easier to deal with. 

I haven't read or listened to either of the people you mentioned.  I know who they are, just haven't delved into them yet.  I myself don't believe we're dead and there's nowhere else to go from here.  I believe this physical reality is definitely transient and that the place we go after this is incredible.  I speak from my own experience of many OBEs and having had an NDE. 

Where are you in the Guidebook?  And how far along are you now Subtle Traveler?

Vicky

Author of Persephone's Journey (Amazon.com)

http://www.vickyshort.blogspot.com/
WWW 198267046870499  
IP Logged

John Ells

ALK Member

Reply #3 - Mar 16th, 2018 at 11:17am

Hi Subtle Traveler and Vicky,
Thank you both for the welcome.  Jurgen's book is due in the mail today.  I guess he only has the two books, but they do look interesting. And yes, I like Bruce's 'how to' approach a lot, and especially that personable style.  I feel like I've known him for a long time but have never met him.  He actually seems like family in a way.  I feel that way about Monroe too.

It's good to hear that Bruce's books might be coming out as ebooks.  They're much easier to read for me due to eye problems.  I was very pleased, and amazed, that his first two books were printed with such high contrast fonts.  Unfortunately the rest of his books changed to that usual low contrast faded out grey that strains your eyes.  I don't know why they do that.  Even most web pages have this same problem.  I don't get it.  Do most people think that fonts that nearly blend in with the background look better?  Saving money on ink and memory maybe?

The idea doesn't really resonate with me either Subtle Traveler, but there still seems to be a lot of plausibility to the argument.  Do we actually have a physical body?  Or is it just an aspect of a hologram that some say we are a part of?  When I'm in a dream, lucid dream, or even out of body, I can have a body that seems just as solid as my physical one as you probably know.  I've been shot with a gun and died in a semi-lucid dream body and floated out into an out-of-body state--shot in the head which kind of hurt.  Maybe our physical body is just another concensus realty?

I didn't mean to imply that there wasn't any progression from our present state, Vicky, with nowhere to go.  I'm thinking more like in being stuck in some lower focus level and not knowing it--I guess is what I'm trying to say.  Just like in Bruce's books, how would you know if you're stuck, especially if you didn't even know of the concept in the first place, short of being retrieved that is.  Anyway, in the guidebook I'm in the first page or two of chapter 4, (Beliefs).  Looks like a good chapter.  I've read those first couple of pages a couple of times now Smiley.  I got hung up for a while in that 'silly finger exercise,' but that's another post in itself. 

IP Logged

Subtle Traveler

US
Reply #4 - Mar 16th, 2018 at 11:49am

Vicky wrote on Mar 16th, 2018 at 1:28am:
And how far along are you now Subtle Traveler?

Vicky

I am longer reading AKG. I stopped near page 160 about two weeks ago. Doing the exercises from memory simply became too difficult. I have moved on to other things.

IP Logged

Subtle Traveler

US
Reply #5 - Mar 16th, 2018 at 12:24pm

John Ells wrote on Mar 16th, 2018 at 11:17am:
The idea doesn't really resonate with me either Subtle Traveler, but there still seems to be a lot of plausibility to the argument.  Do we actually have a physical body?  Or is it just an aspect of a hologram that some say we are a part of?  When I'm in a dream, lucid dream, or even out of body, I can have a body that seems just as solid as my physical one as you probably know.  I've been shot with a gun and died in a semi-lucid dream body and floated out into an out-of-body state--shot in the head which kind of hurt.  Maybe our physical body is just another concensus realty?

OK. I sensed that this was where you were going.

The hologram metaphor is a popular conclusion (because it does explain some things BUT not all). I would respond that the hologram is merely a part of the whole (e.g., it is one focus when there is not just one focus). If you consider this, it leaves room for your presented idea about some kind of consensus about "bodies".

However, I might point towards a new conclusion or resting point in this way ... "our experience in physical or 3D reality is somewhat real". Yes, we have a real physical body - BUT only temporarily. Again, the physical body and its senses are how we experience our world and KEEPS EACH OF US focused here (but that is not all of what each of us are). Could you and I conclude here that we are not having a conversation while typing away on our physical keyboards? No, of course not. However, this does not mean that other things are not happening while you and I are focused in the physical or 3D.

fwiw, the work of Frank DeMarco has been very helpful to me in this particular area. He has talked at length with his guidance about this and other topics. Your particular question about the hologram is answered in his book, The Sphere & The Hologram.

I really like that you are working and relating from your own experiences (e.g., relating this to your perceptions of your bodies in various experiences). Learning as you go along, making adjustments, going back and looking at past things with new eyes, etc. ... this is what living in the 3D crucible is about.

I have had experiences which support the conclusion that we have access to multiple bodies (e.g., depending on where our consciousness goes). In one of my first OBE's, I was not grounded when I began projecting and my second body was spinning wildly on the other side of the room due to lack of grounding while I was still near my physical body (slightly out of phase with it) watching the 2nd body. So, I have concluded myself how could it be anything else? (e.g., we have access to multiple bodies)

Thanks for sharing.

IP Logged

Morrighan

Multidimensional Navigator

Isle of Everywhere
Reply #6 - Mar 16th, 2018 at 12:51pm

It's one thing to be present to others who transition and another to be present to oneself in transition.

If you push something hard enough, it will fall over — Fudd's First Law of Opposition.
It goes in — it must come out. — Teslacles Deviant to Fudd's First Law
IP Logged

John Ells

ALK Member

Reply #7 - Mar 17th, 2018 at 10:16am

Thanks for the feedback ST.  I do appreciate it.  I definitely feel, however, that we'll have to come up with a new perspective on the word 'real' very soon.

I'll probably get back into DeMarco's books as they do seem very good.  I've only read the first Rita's World so that's all I can go by, but although easy to follow, it just seemed sort of tedious to read for a lot of superfluous stuff.  Might have just been due to other things going on at the time though.  I do intend to revisit however.  They're very reminiscent of Jane Robert's Seth books, which were also excellent. 

IP Logged

John Ells

ALK Member

Reply #8 - Mar 17th, 2018 at 10:22am

Morrighan wrote on Mar 16th, 2018 at 12:51pm:
It's one thing to be present to others who transition and another to be present to oneself in transition.

Hi Morrigan.  Yes I will definitely miss me when I'm gone.  Smiley

IP Logged

Subtle Traveler

US
Reply #9 - Mar 17th, 2018 at 2:07pm

John Ells wrote on Mar 17th, 2018 at 10:16am:
Thanks for the feedback ST.  I do appreciate it.  I definitely feel, however, that we'll have to come up with a new perspective on the word 'real' very soon.

I'll probably get back into DeMarco's books as they do seem very good.  I've only read the first Rita's World so that's all I can go by, but although easy to follow, it just seemed sort of tedious to read for a lot of superfluous stuff.  Might have just been due to other things going on at the time though.  I do intend to revisit however.  They're very reminiscent of Jane Robert's Seth books, which were also excellent. 

I have enjoyed Seth (the little that I have listened to). I listen to Abraham once in a while. When I finally met my primary guide in an OBE, I became attracted to Abraham (Hicks) - it was like I was led to it. It just started making more sense, so I went with it.

Rita's 3rd book is very good (Awakening from the 3D World). I am currently reading it. It is a little more cogent than Rita I and Rita II (which are not easy reads). Rita shares her transition from a non-physical perspective in 'Awakening'. In some contrast, Rita I and Rita II are more about our 3D perspective, but they set up the 3rd Rita book nicely.

It sounds like we read a lot of the same authors, so I would not be surprised if this conversation continues. Again, welcome to the forum!

IP Logged

Alan McDougall

ALK Member

Johannesburg South Africa
Reply #10 - Mar 21st, 2018 at 8:34am

You do not transition you die!

Alan

The truth remains the truth, no matter what we think the truth is, the truth is the truth regardless

IP Logged

Subtle Traveler

US
Reply #11 - Mar 24th, 2018 at 12:15am

Alan McDougall wrote on Mar 21st, 2018 at 8:34am:

Alan

Not quite, Alan.

The physical body is temporary and dies, the soul does not. The soul is eternal and conscious. Therefore, when the body dies, the soul can begin its transition. That is what the afterlife is ... the soul continuing to live but without a physical body. And I know this, because of my own conversations with people who have transitioned. That is what Bruce Moen's work is about.

Have you had an out of body experience? Or met in a non-physical experience, someone who has physically died?

IP Logged

Vicky
YaBB Administrator

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Colorado
Reply #12 - Mar 24th, 2018 at 1:01am

Thank you for that response ST.  I couldn't have said it better myself.

Author of Persephone's Journey (Amazon.com)

http://www.vickyshort.blogspot.com/
WWW 198267046870499  
IP Logged

Alan McDougall

ALK Member

Johannesburg South Africa
Reply #13 - Mar 24th, 2018 at 3:36am

Subtle Traveler wrote on Mar 24th, 2018 at 12:15am:
Alan McDougall wrote on Mar 21st, 2018 at 8:34am:

Alan

Not quite, Alan.

The physical body is temporary and dies, the soul does not. The soul is eternal and conscious. Therefore, when the body dies, the soul can begin its transition. That is what the afterlife is ... the soul continuing to live but without a physical body. And I know this, because of my own conversations with people who have transitioned. That is what Bruce Moen's work is about.

Have you had an out of body experience? Or met in a non-physical experience, someone who has physically died?

Heck, I know all this and have been an on and off member of this forum over the past 16 years with more than 3000 posts etc.

I have had out of body experiences and most of them have been unpleasant.

Have you heard of the Old Hag concept, in which you feel a huge pressure on your chest, something like an elephant squeezing out the life of you? I have experienced this many times, in conjunction with a loud buzzing noise near me, especially when I was in a state of sleep paralysis also known as hypnogogic sleep. Unpleasant to say the least

Also during this state, the feeling or sense that a malignant or malevolent evil entity is looking down on me, but I can never see it while in hypnogogic sleep paralysis.

Of course not all of my OOBE where negative and in some of them I have traveled in what I believe is my spiritual or ethereal body far out into the physical universe as well as visiting placed far from where I live in South Africa, such as going to New York City and stand on the Brooklyn bridge etc.

I am well aware that our souls are eternal, but the last thing I ever want to happen to me, is to be reborn into another human body on planet earth, and go through the whole drama, of growing up, dealing with parents, going to school or university again and experiencing over and over again the very boring events that we as mortal beings have to endure of experience.

I am a Christian and this makes it very hard for me to accept such things as the "Out of Body Experience".

I have also had a near-death experience due to total AV heart block, in which the complete scenario of CPR electric paddle shocks, adrenalin, and atropine injection directly into my heart muscles etc. I now live with a heart pacemaker to keep me alive.

God Bless
Alan McDougall (Yes that is my real name!)

The truth remains the truth, no matter what we think the truth is, the truth is the truth regardless

IP Logged

Subtle Traveler

US
Reply #14 - Mar 24th, 2018 at 1:15pm

Alan ...

Thank you for sharing some of your experiences.

Yes. It sounds like you have had out of body experiences. And, it is very clear that you have experienced the "vibrational state" (e.g., loud buzzing). The vibrational state is a signal that "you" (not physical) are preparing to separate from your physical body. And, not everyone experiences the vibrational state (about 60% according to William Buhlman's surveys). Some can slip out of their body without experiencing it. I experience the vibrational state quite frequently myself (e.g., usually in the early morning hours after preparing my body with energy work before sleeping).

However, it does not sound like you have had a "clear" experience of meeting and talking to someone who has physically died and transitioned to the afterlife. That is interesting to me. Clarity is an important feature of our consciousness. For example, the malevolent entity you perceived ... and the pressure on your chest ... those sound like fearful experiences. Fear can actually blur or distort our perception-interpretation of our experiences. So who the being you started to see is ... well, that can become distorted by the fear. Fear is something that all humans experience, so this type of blockage or distortion is not uncommon. I shared a fearful experience not too long ago here on the forum.

Have you read any of Bruce Moen's books? If not, have you read any other OBE authors (e.g., William Buhlman, Jurgen Ziewe, Akhena, Robert Bruce)?
« Last Edit: Mar 25th, 2018 at 12:40am by Subtle Traveler »  

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.