Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
symbolism, dreams and guidance (Read 9216 times)
Recoverer 2

ALK Member

South San Francisco
Re: symbolism, dreams and guidance
Reply #15 - Jan 5th, 2018 at 1:59pm

Vicky:

Over the years, I have found that some symbols have changed.

Vicky wrote on Jan 4th, 2018 at 5:03pm:
Recoverer 2 wrote on Jan 3rd, 2018 at 1:06pm:
Subtle traveler:

Perhaps related to what you just said, during awake and dream experiences water has at sometimes meant, "spirit" or "spirit world" so riding on a ship can mean traveling within the world of spirit or a spiritual path. The "friends" part is obvious.  The song represents the spirit of adventure.

For me "riding a bicycle" can be a symbol for spiritually progressing in a positive direction, riding on a bus or train can represent traveling in the spirit world, going down a flight of steps or elevator represents not progressing, moving downwards, while going up represents progressing upwards.

If I am in a house or car,  such house or car can represent me, and the things within the car or house represent what is limiting me. There have been occasions where I was meditating, and suddenly I would experience myself in the back seat of my car, and the person who drove my car, the standout personality trait of that person represented what limited me. (I haven't experienced this car message in quite a while).

I understand what such symbolism means through some form of intuition, inner knowing.

I haven't thought in terms of metaphors. Have you read Tom Campbell?

Actually, I do think of analogies, which I suppose is the same thing as metaphors.

Your symbols are really close to mine.  I've been keeping logs of my dreams since I was a teenager and these dream symbols have the same meanings for me.  For instance, the house being me...when I dream I'm in a basement that's dirty, rusted, dark, no way out, and it's got my childhood favorite toys scattered and ruined and uncared for, it's obvious to me that's me dealing with some pretty deep, old issues and wounds.   

Sometimes my house dreams involve water, which is emotion.  Like water could be leaking down a wall from the ceiling, or it could be coming up from the floor beneath me, or maybe the bathroom is flooded. 

Spiritual dreams for me usually involve some form of transportation like a car, escalator, or airport terminal.  My Guidance once took me via a cruise liner to visit my dad.

I really love keeping track of my dream symbols and finding the patterns and codes.

IP Logged

Subtle Traveler

US
Reply #16 - Jan 5th, 2018 at 2:38pm

Recoverer 2 wrote on Jan 5th, 2018 at 1:56pm:
When I thought in terms of symbolism while analyzing my dreams, I believe I already covered the metaphor part.

Recoverer2 ...

That's fine. It was merely suggested.

So that others reading along here understand my suggested idea and comment, I frequently go back and review my journals and find it very helpful. I see them sometimes with a newer perspective. I did this last night myself before sleep, and I was given a significant new nugget (and a new metaphor) about my two experiences shared on my subtle travel thread. The new metaphor and connection significantly expands the meaning of the experiences for me.

IP Logged

Vicky
YaBB Administrator

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Colorado
Reply #17 - Jan 7th, 2018 at 1:31am

Subtle Traveler wrote on Jan 4th, 2018 at 8:41pm:
Vicky ...

I enjoy it when you share your insights about your experiences. Thanks. It reminds me a bit of reading about your experiences in your book. I think that I will write a book review on Amazon about Persephone's Journey today. The time seems (more) right to do that.

Ooh thanks!  I really, really appreciate hearing that. 

Quote:
I was given a significant new nugget (and a new metaphor) about my two experiences shared on my subtle travel thread. The new metaphor and connection significantly expands the meaning of the experiences for me.

This is about the PM you sent me isn't it?  I will reply tomorrow when I will have time to give it my full attention.  Drama going on here with hospice and mom's condition has hogged all my attention lately.   

This topic of dreams symbolism (on both threads) is a good one.  It's making me want to dig out my journal and look for symbols.  Both of you guys, R2 and ST, have given me a fresh perspective on the whole topic, both in dreams and waking experiences.

Author of Persephone's Journey (Amazon.com)

http://www.vickyshort.blogspot.com/
WWW 198267046870499  
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.