Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 
Send Topic Print
Subtle Travel (Read 61423 times)
Vicky
YaBB Administrator

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Colorado
Re: Subtle Travel
Reply #90 - May 2nd, 2018 at 4:36pm

Great stuff to ponder and to talk about.  I love thinking about these concepts.  They are pretty complicated for me to easily put into words.  It’s like one of those confusing dreams that you can remember by feeling but can’t really put into words, or if you try it doesn’t come out exactly right.   

I met Bruce shortly after reading his first book.  I had about a zillion questions for him and felt extremely “lucky” that he lived within driving distance so that we could physically meet and talk.  It didn’t take me long to realize we had planned it this way before coming into this life. 

What did take me a very long time to grasp was the concept of the nonphysical.  Before meeting Bruce I had never thought about the concept of nonphysical reality.  I had always believed there was more than this physical life we are in but I didn’t have much of an idea of concepts and terminology for it.  I remember all the many conversations that Bruce and I had about it, and he never got tired of answering my questions and finding ways to explain things to me so that I could understand.  It just took time to really sink in, and I needed to hear things more than a few times for that to happen. 

Part of it was being open to realizing that there’s more to me than just who, what, and where I am physically.  Then I eventually expanded my beliefs, thinking, and knowledge to getting that we aren’t just there, then we come here, and then after death we go back there, whatever “there” is, but that I am one being who exists in all these places at the same time.

So 3D refers to the physical, and non-3D refers to everything else?

As for Frank’s books…I know that I have Muddy Tracks.  Everything’s boxed up at the moment as the house is still getting renovated, so I’m not sure what else I have. 

Author of Persephone's Journey (Amazon.com)

http://www.vickyshort.blogspot.com/
WWW 198267046870499  
IP Logged

Vicky
YaBB Administrator

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Colorado
Reply #91 - May 2nd, 2018 at 4:51pm

Seagullresting,

I'm enjoying this too.  I use analogies a lot, too much probably, but they help me keep my head on straight trying to understand these complex concepts.

Author of Persephone's Journey (Amazon.com)

http://www.vickyshort.blogspot.com/
WWW 198267046870499  
IP Logged

Morrighan

Multidimensional Navigator

Isle of Everywhere
Reply #92 - May 2nd, 2018 at 5:11pm

seagullresting wrote on May 2nd, 2018 at 3:35pm:
I am enjoying the conversation. I am no intellectual, so I won't pretend to be one, but what I am hearing is a repetition of the idea that we are not separate from 'spirit' -- by no means. We are spirit. We are talking about the volcano under the ocean. Sometimes it seems below the waves and inactive. Sometimes it creates a new island. We are the volcano and we are the island. We are also all that is above the island. It is all one, and it is all good.

Watch Wyle E. Coyote for a few minutes to see how far "Super Genius" gets you   Smiley

And "I Am That" is a very powerful meditation on this exact topic.  Cool

If you push something hard enough, it will fall over — Fudd's First Law of Opposition.
It goes in — it must come out. — Teslacles Deviant to Fudd's First Law
IP Logged

Subtle Traveler

US
Reply #93 - May 2nd, 2018 at 6:20pm

Vicky wrote on May 2nd, 2018 at 4:36pm:
Great stuff to ponder and to talk about.  I love thinking about these concepts.  They are pretty complicated for me to easily put into words.  It’s like one of those confusing dreams that you can remember by feeling but can’t really put into words, or if you try it doesn’t come out exactly right.   

I met Bruce shortly after reading his first book.  I had about a zillion questions for him and felt extremely “lucky” that he lived within driving distance so that we could physically meet and talk.  It didn’t take me long to realize we had planned it this way before coming into this life. 

What did take me a very long time to grasp was the concept of the nonphysical.  Before meeting Bruce I had never thought about the concept of nonphysical reality.  I had always believed there was more than this physical life we are in but I didn’t have much of an idea of concepts and terminology for it.  I remember all the many conversations that Bruce and I had about it, and he never got tired of answering my questions and finding ways to explain things to me so that I could understand.  It just took time to really sink in, and I needed to hear things more than a few times for that to happen. 

Part of it was being open to realizing that there’s more to me than just who, what, and where I am physically.  Then I eventually expanded my beliefs, thinking, and knowledge to getting that we aren’t just there, then we come here, and then after death we go back there, whatever “there” is, but that I am one being who exists in all these places at the same time.

As for Frank’s books…I know that I have Muddy Tracks.  Everything’s boxed up at the moment as the house is still getting renovated, so I’m not sure what else I have. 

Vicky ...

I like your Bruce story. I am going to read that again. fwiw, I got sparked this morning when DeMarco shared his Bruce Moen memory. It seemed 'crafted' for a brief moment.

Yes ... non-3D is pretty much everything else (and even TGU has their limitations) ... that's how I understand it and how I use the non-3D concept. Think of it maybe this way ... we are here in 3D creating a non-3D mind and we take that and a soul with us (e.g., the mind is non-3D) when the body stops working.

btw, I just read what I wrote to you. And, I did not do a very good job communicating. I have decided that I will look up a few blog posts on DeMarco's web site and post a few links here for you (e.g., discussing the All-D).
« Last Edit: May 3rd, 2018 at 10:36am by Subtle Traveler »  

IP Logged

Subtle Traveler

US
Reply #94 - May 3rd, 2018 at 10:58am

Vicky wrote on May 2nd, 2018 at 4:36pm:

Hi Vicky ...

I wanted to follow up your comment and question with a better reference point. I have located the conversation where the pointer "All-D" was originally suggested to DeMarco by Rita. February 15, 2016 blog post ... called "TGU's View of Reality.

http://ofmyownknowledge.com/2016/02/15/rita-tgus-view-of-reality/

Reading the entire post will give you the context for the term "All-D", why it was used, how it happened, etc.

To orient you a bit further ... DeMarco has now completed 4 books with Rita (3 published). This particular blog post is in his 3rd book with Rita (Awakening from the 3D World). The book is about Rita's transition to the non-physical ... her perceptions and experiences during that process. She describes it all in great detail. Bob Monroe also comes forth in the book. I am reading this book currently.

I hope this helps orient you (and any others) to the meaning of the pointer "All-D". The term was basically created as a necessary piece of scaffolding when communicating Rita's 3rd book with DeMarco.

IP Logged

Subtle Traveler

US
Reply #95 - May 3rd, 2018 at 1:55pm

Morrighan wrote on May 2nd, 2018 at 5:11pm:
Watch Wyle E. Coyote for a few minutes to see how far "Super Genius" gets you   Smiley

And "I Am That" is a very powerful meditation on this exact topic.  Cool

I can certainly be "wyle e" ...

but today so far it's ...

Meep! Meep! ............... Whooooooooosh (insert cloud of dust here)!

IP Logged

Morrighan

Isle of Everywhere
Reply #96 - May 3rd, 2018 at 8:23pm

And Road Runner is a perfect demonstration of Newtonian Physics. There are exceptions to the rules of physics specific to a coyote. A falling anvil falls every so slightly slower than a falling coyote, as many observe.

And this shared knowledge is (in the terms I use) a shared field of experience. How long the program has been running in some form for humans? The Road Runner and coyote is a basic form we all understand in any language or culture. It's pretty certain people make careers out of intellectualizing and writing about what a child sees immediately  Smiley Heck there's even careers for intellectualizing and writing about what children see. Pretty funny!

And by my reckoning it's a very fine thing to laugh. And hold the ability to laugh at ourselves caught in the act of being ourselves.

Edit: the first time I saw a real life road runner - the actual crtter itself, in person - I laughed so hard part of me is still laughing. Because it seemed to me a significant time gap between the moment I observed the road runner and the moment the penny dropped. Which in itself is quite funny.

It's also an important take-away for how we run our own system integrity checks in the course of being present to what is actually there. In the case of me and the actual, physically manifest road runner there were a lot of observation points to clear!

As Daffy Duck says: Ha, ha, it is to laugh.

If you push something hard enough, it will fall over — Fudd's First Law of Opposition.
IP Logged

Subtle Traveler

US
Reply #97 - May 3rd, 2018 at 10:04pm

I have fond memories of all the Warner Bros. cartoons while growing up in the 60's and 70's ... Daffy, Bugs, Peter Puma, Wyle E, Pepe Lepew, etc ... I could probably name them all even though I have not seen the cartoons in decades.

Their antics and stark characterizations made me laugh (as intended). It was never controversial that I watched a cartoon and laughed.
« Last Edit: May 4th, 2018 at 7:36pm by Subtle Traveler »  

IP Logged

Morrighan

Isle of Everywhere
Reply #98 - May 3rd, 2018 at 10:41pm

Know a guy who does a perfect imitation of Pete Puma. Leaves me in stitches every time.

As I recently presented a friend, be very careful what you put in your head because you can never get it out. This remark was in partial response to her deep engagement with a serious television drama. And there's a lot of violence in the show, and a great deal of low-level implication that violence is a normal response.

For whatever reason, I'm not good with that. That's my trip, of course, or belief system or whatever. And I take care to hold my field tight.

To demonstrate the problem of "garbage in, garbage out," I showed my friend a discovery. While noodling around on my bass one evening, my fingers found all the notes that made up a jingle in a commercial I watched as a kid. It's all in there.

Doesn't much matter if it's good or bad, or whatever way I wish to frame it.

Which is one more way of adding to this conversation, because in engaging frameworks as presented - any transmission whether by book or movie or TV or any other form that carries information - we become it as it becomes us. When I play a song I am the song as the song is me. When I immerse myself in a book of Deep Thought (TM), I become it as it becomes me. What I feel is the important distinction that I have done so by my agreement.

Being present to what I am present to....

IP Logged

Morrighan

Isle of Everywhere
Reply #99 - May 4th, 2018 at 7:05am

And hello.

That in reading Frank DeMarco's material in the links upthread I am reminded of Seth does not imply an endorsement of Seth. What it seems to me as I read is Frank DeMarco speaks of what I might term technical matters.

Read a lot of Seth material in the 70s. Am I now the person who read that material? I have all those memories, but .... As a technical matter, the Seth material formed part of my field. All fields change state.

Perhaps one way to contemplate the phenomenon is to consider TGU are also part of the greater field. Who is it who coined "I - There" ?
« Last Edit: May 4th, 2018 at 9:54am by Morrighan »  

IP Logged

Subtle Traveler

US
Reply #100 - May 4th, 2018 at 1:32pm

This is for everyone following along here ...

I want to take a moment to clarify that Frank DeMarco does not channel. He becomes intuitively linked in communication with his guides (e.g., past and future lives supporting his extension) or those who just speak to him (including Bruce Moen, Robert Monroe, Rita Warren and others). So, he does not go into a trance or step aside from his body. He remains awake and present, sitting at a table usually with morning coffee writing down his own words and the words of those communicating with him in notebooks (e.g., writing down the conversation that emerges).

He usually communicates with what he calls TGU (The Guys Upstairs) ... his own guidance. We all have non-3D beings working with us. This is what I feel makes his work so relevant. He is conversing with those supporting him from a non-physical perch or view point. That is something all of us have access to.

He usually does his ILC process at least one hour each day in the early morning, and the notebooks he writes in (now over 110 of them) are what often become his books. The process he uses has been called "Intuitive Linked Communications" or ILC by his guides. He also trains others how to use his ILC process to work with their own guidance at The Monroe Institute (e.g., his own mini-course). He also regularly speaks in the Guidelines Programs at TMI and has been an affiliate with the Monroe Institute for over 25 years.

It is exactly because DeMarco does NOT channel that I chose personally to work with his material. I do not channel, but I can replicate what DeMarco does with ILC (e.g., and anyone can ... which is the point in my sharing his work here). I have had brief communications with the non-physical using his ILC process, but I do not do that as well as DeMarco does ... so instead I get snippets and not a conversation. That's enough for now.

Thanks to those benevolently reading along here.
« Last Edit: May 5th, 2018 at 10:00am by Subtle Traveler »  

IP Logged

Subtle Traveler

US
Reply #101 - May 4th, 2018 at 1:47pm

Morrighan wrote on May 4th, 2018 at 7:05am:
And hello.

That in reading Frank DeMarco's material in the links upthread I am reminded of Seth does not imply an endorsement of Seth. What it seems to me as I read is Frank DeMarco speaks of what I might term technical matters.

Read a lot of Seth material in the 70s. Am I now the person who read that material? I have all those memories, but .... As a technical matter, the Seth material formed part of my field. All fields change state.

Perhaps one way to contemplate the phenomenon is to consider TGU are also part of the greater field. Who is it who coined "I - There" ?

Yes, TGU are the various non-3D lives (e.g., threads) supporting the soul or extension ... Frank DeMarco.

I have met some of my own community also ... beginning with the being I named "Courage" in an early OBE. I found DeMarco's writing and Abraham-Hicks after that experience, and that's how I began expanding my exploration of my own community.

While Monroe's I-There may be the same, I do think that it is worth noting for Monroe the context was a bit different. His perception in Ultimate Journey (which I have read) was that he was collecting up the unknown parts of himself in his travels ... thus his label "I-There" for the cluster of them. This activity seemed similar to TMI's concept of retrieval.

In some contrast, DeMarco did not have the experience of "collecting them up". He simply began communicating with them in everyday 3D life. He did have an early experience where he went back in time and healed one the past lives (e.g., John Smallwood).

Your "field" label or pointer relates. I think that it is reasonable way for you to orient to DeMarco's material.

I will save my comments about Seth for a future post. I have decided to share one of my experiences with the Seth material.

IP Logged

seagullresting

ALK Member

USA
Reply #102 - May 4th, 2018 at 5:00pm

I have only a brief comment on the process of sitting and listening, and taking the benefits from that on the written page. As a teenager I spontaneously began to do that. There was no particular reason for it, except that I was in a quiet place, and so it happened. I was amazed at what transpired. Over time, there was quite a lot of written material which appeared, day by day. The only requirement was to have paper, a pen, and a listening ear. Nowadays, I am aware that it is important to shield yourself from even your own negative influences. What I mean is, if you are going to try to do such a thing, be aware that you should be open, but not to an extreme. It is an interesting process, so not one to be discouraged. But, grounding oneself in certain ways would be wise, in my opinion. Learning how to meditate, and how to accept the protection of positive forces will always be helpful.

IP Logged

Subtle Traveler

US
Reply #103 - May 4th, 2018 at 7:42pm

seagullresting wrote on May 4th, 2018 at 5:00pm:
I have only a brief comment on the process of sitting and listening, and taking the benefits from that on the written page. As a teenager I spontaneously began to do that. There was no particular reason for it, except that I was in a quiet place, and so it happened. I was amazed at what transpired. Over time, there was quite a lot of written material which appeared, day by day. The only requirement was to have paper, a pen, and a listening ear. Nowadays, I am aware that it is important to shield yourself from even your own negative influences. What I mean is, if you are going to try to do such a thing, be aware that you should be open, but not to an extreme. It is an interesting process, so not one to be discouraged. But, grounding oneself in certain ways would be wise, in my opinion. Learning how to meditate, and how to accept the protection of positive forces will always be helpful.

This is exactly how DeMarco began journaling himself in the late 1960's / early 1970's (in his 20's). Then when he had a Gateway Experience at TMI near 1990 (???) about 20 years later, that is when things expanded for him and he became more conscious of where the information was coming from (e.g., my wording).

Thanks Seagullresting!
« Last Edit: May 4th, 2018 at 11:06pm by Subtle Traveler »  

IP Logged

Morrighan

Isle of Everywhere
Reply #104 - May 5th, 2018 at 8:24am

What held my attention in the Seth material when I first encountered Jane Roberts et al. in the 70s is lives are non-linear.

My personal exploration on these lines is rather more - refined? enriched? When "beyond words" fails to describe the experience ....

What it appears to me in retrospect is reading the Seth material is a great deal like reading Robert Heinlein. There's a thick candy layer of juvenile flights of fancy,  out-and-out fantasy and no mean sum of underdeveloped wishful thinking surrounding a tiny delicious nougat filling. It's a fun ride, not very filling, and leaves you wanting more.

For me, the material was an inspiration for my own journey. I'm reminded in this moment of another exchange that happened long ago:

At the time - around the same time I read the Seth material - I read poetry in Middle English and dabbled in Old English. You know, the kind of kid who makes Lydia in Beetlejuice look like a perfectly normal suburban student. NERD. And I ran into a comic book version of Beowulf. After immersion in the original document in the original language, I was appalled at what I found.

Whereupon I wrote the comic book creator personally to express my shock at finding a highly imaginative (to say the least) interpretation of Beowulf. He wrote me back! And said the important thing is to expose new readers to the original so they may appreciate and enjoy the material in its original form.

And relate this experience as it holds meaning to me with any new material on life, universe and everything, Frank DeMarco or Bruce or Voltaire. It doesn't matter who. I take inspiration where I find it and follow my own path to discovery.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.