Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
First Retrieval (Read 8710 times)
HerbHornist

ALK Member

First Retrieval
Dec 4th, 2017 at 5:44pm

I don't visualize, so the description is from perception. Apparently Bruce Moen also didn't visualize, at least during the prep phase.
I was nervous and worried that I couldn't do it, but the 3 deep breaths, etc. settled me down. I was a bit taken aback because Bruce's audio file was different from that in the book, at least until the Helper guided me to the person to be retrieved.
My Helper accompanied me right from the beginning as a shamanic Power Animal. He led me to a hanged man. I don't know if I should have, but I cut him down. I should have asked my Helper. I am clear that the man was hanged. He was in rough clothes and his hand(s) had been cut off. However, the Interpreter may have reasoned that it was a lynched slave planning a revolt. I got that the year was 1832, though not from asking the man. John was his name. I think it was in Alabama, though that may have been Interpreter reasoning. John stayed around because he was worried about his wife and kids.
Since my Power Animal might have frightened John, a Helper came down as a large white angel, complete with wings. The angel took John to St. Peter, who said that John's sins needed to be cleansed and sent him off to the right. The angel took John to a green place with a river. John reunited with his family and is resting. It was cool how the scene was set up to be in accord with John's beliefs.
Afterwards the angel became a white light (was that from the Interpreter?), said I had done well, and to return and write up the retrieval.
I am unclear how to detect the difference between the Interpreter and Perceiver. The Balance Exercise had not been successful because all I ever see behind my eyes is grainy blackness. However, if the percept comes out of nowhere, it seems pretty pure. Maybe I should ask the Helper.

IP Logged

Morrighan

Multidimensional Navigator

Isle of Everywhere
Re: First Retrieval
Reply #1 - Dec 4th, 2017 at 6:32pm

Nicely done.

If you push something hard enough, it will fall over — Fudd's First Law of Opposition.
It goes in — it must come out. — Teslacles Deviant to Fudd's First Law
IP Logged

Ginny

Wa
Reply #2 - Dec 4th, 2017 at 9:15pm

HerbHornist,

Visualizing can be a stumbling block, or thinking it's the only way to operate/understand the afterlife. But perception is everything and you nailed it.

Great job and am looking forward to reading more.

Much love,

Ginny

"Intelligence is knowing that which is important." Albert Einstein

IP Logged

seagullresting

ALK Member

USA
Reply #3 - Dec 4th, 2017 at 9:30pm

Very good and also, the description. It is fine that it is simple. Nothing more is needed, but that the helper be able to complete the process. So it is infinitely variable, and yet always perfect.

IP Logged

Vicky
YaBB Administrator

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Colorado
Reply #4 - Dec 4th, 2017 at 11:58pm

Sounds like a great retrieval.  You now understand why being able to “see” doesn’t have to mean visualizing. 

You said the description is from perception.  I’d say it’s “seeing as knowing”. 

The difference between the Perceiver and the Interpreter is that the Perceiver brings information in on a subconscious level.  We need it to come to our conscious level so that we can know and experience it.  That’s the Interpreter part. 

We are always perceiving, even when we think we’re not getting anything.  Too much perceiving without experiencing what we’re perceiving leaves us feeling like nothing is happening.  Too much Interpretation and then we’re way off course.  That’s when your analytical thinking mind is running away because it’s making associations to what it just perceived. 

So the trick is the balance between Perceiver and Interpreter.  You have a balance when you are aware of what you’re perceiving and it’s telling you a story, showing you what’s happening and you’re experiencing it.  It sounds to me like you had that with your retrieval. 

It doesn’t have to be full-blown visual.  However you perceive is ok. 

Congratulations!  Your hard work and persistence has paid off! 

Vicky

Author of Persephone's Journey (Amazon.com)

http://www.vickyshort.blogspot.com/
WWW 198267046870499  
IP Logged

HerbHornist

ALK Member

Reply #5 - Dec 5th, 2017 at 5:05pm

Thanks, all, for your support. Being an engineer from Bruce's generation, I don't believe it yet. I'm not sure how to do verification. I did get the name of John's master: Hawkins. That name came out of nowhere. Again, I didn't hear it, I just knew it. Now, anyone with that name in Alabama in 1832 could own a slave. What resources are good to use?
I do feel a little lonely here. There doesn't seem to be much new activity except from established members. Maybe I'll say hello to Mac.

IP Logged

Morrighan

Isle of Everywhere
Reply #6 - Dec 5th, 2017 at 5:33pm

I recall a moment where the guy next to me is exclaiming: "I can't believe it, I can't believe it, I can't believe it."

And some kind soul replied, simply: believe it, it's real.

If you push something hard enough, it will fall over — Fudd's First Law of Opposition.
IP Logged

Vicky
YaBB Administrator

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Colorado
Reply #7 - Dec 5th, 2017 at 5:45pm

I never get names and dates and that kind of stuff, so I don't get verification in those terms. 

Even though I help promote the maxim that one shouldn't rely on visuals to be just like physical seeing, I have to admit that that was what convinced me with my first retrieval.  I only say that because of my previous experience with clairvoyance which gave me tons of verifications.  The fact that my retrieval was experienced with the same sight as what I get with clairvoyance was the only proof I needed. 

The mechanism of clairvoyance is a specific thing, a specific feeling.  For me it is anyway, so that mechanism getting triggered during a retrieval was enough proof for me that what was  happening was real. 

My advice is don't get too worried if you can't validate any of that.  Just keep moving forward.  At some point something will happen for you that will be your proof. 

And ps--I do not always get such good visuals.  I haven't yet figured out why some experiences are at one end of the spectrum and some at the other.  But that's ok.  I like variety. 

Smiley

Author of Persephone's Journey (Amazon.com)

http://www.vickyshort.blogspot.com/
WWW 198267046870499  
IP Logged

Morrighan

Isle of Everywhere
Reply #8 - Dec 5th, 2017 at 9:24pm

If I spent all my time cataloging and indexing and cross-referencing all that I do to verify the veracity of my work, there would be no time left for work.

What I can share is I find .... for me ... less time talking about and more time doing. The work (in my view) takes precedence over telling anyone what it is I'm doing. There are also levels of "need to know".

IP Logged

HerbHornist

ALK Member

Reply #9 - Dec 6th, 2017 at 8:52am

Morrighan wrote on Dec 5th, 2017 at 9:24pm:
What I can share is I find .... for me ... less time talking about and more time doing. The work (in my view) takes precedence over telling anyone what it is I'm doing. There are also levels of "need to know".

I know what you mean. I tend to lurk myself. You don't. However, one reason I share these things is to encourage others. There is little enough action on this list: the last retrieval reported was over a year ago. I don't want the list to go away. It's too valuable.

IP Logged

Morrighan

Isle of Everywhere
Reply #10 - Dec 6th, 2017 at 9:11am

HerbHornist wrote on Dec 6th, 2017 at 8:52am:
Morrighan wrote on Dec 5th, 2017 at 9:24pm:

I know what you mean. I tend to lurk myself. You don't. However, one reason I share these things is to encourage others. There is little enough action on this list: the last retrieval reported was over a year ago. I don't want the list to go away. It's too valuable.

I find the majority of my work (>99%) since I learned retrievals does not involve retrievals. Thus very little to report in this area.

A retrieval can make an interesting story, even an engaging story. What I personally find is it takes fifty times more words to describe one than it takes to get it done. Typically (for me) a retrieval takes a second or two.

IP Logged

seagullresting

ALK Member

USA
Reply #11 - Dec 6th, 2017 at 9:38pm

I never quite got the kind of verification I was seeking, although I came close. What I did get was an entirely new way of perceiving. It was a new reality based on love, in which each individual mattered, in an eternal way, in an intimate way which measured beyond any ordinary reality. And yet, it made ordinary reality even sweeter. If that is possible.

HerbHornist wrote on Dec 5th, 2017 at 5:05pm:
Thanks, all, for your support. Being an engineer from Bruce's generation, I don't believe it yet. I'm not sure how to do verification. I did get the name of John's master: Hawkins. That name came out of nowhere. Again, I didn't hear it, I just knew it. Now, anyone with that name in Alabama in 1832 could own a slave. What resources are good to use?
I do feel a little lonely here. There doesn't seem to be much new activity except from established members. Maybe I'll say hello to Mac.

IP Logged

Ginny

Wa
Reply #12 - Dec 7th, 2017 at 4:11am

Herbhornist,

A 'known' is the opposite of a faith-based belief. Regarding life beyond death, I wanted to get my own proof/'knowns' instead of relying on the beliefs of others, and from that yearning I clocked in a lot of afterlife hours and came away realizing one day that I no longer feared death (cause there is no such thing Smiley).

Ginny

"Intelligence is knowing that which is important." Albert Einstein

IP Logged

Morrighan

Isle of Everywhere
Reply #13 - Dec 7th, 2017 at 10:20pm

Mind is a powerful derail when it comes to these areas.

From the Book of Bokonon in Kurt Vonnegut's Sirens of Titan:

"Tiger got to hunt,
Bird got to fly;
Man got to sit and wonder, "Why, why, why?"

Tiger got to sleep,
Bird got to land;
Man got to tell himself he understand."

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.