Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 
Send Topic Print
anyone here? (Read 9273 times)
mac

Valley of the Sun, Arizona
anyone here?
Nov 23rd, 2017 at 5:52pm

I'm still very new here and am asking questions without the advantage of knowing what's gone before. 

I hope you'll be understanding when I ask if any preparations were made with/by Bruce to try to establish a transdimensional link to him. Are there any members here who are experienced mediums, someone who might link to Bruce?

IP Logged

mac

Re: anyone here?
Reply #1 - Nov 26th, 2017 at 12:24am

I'm surprised no-one has replied to a question I had thought was relevant to afterlife issues but maybe the lack of response is because my questions are a) unwelcome  b) not understood (unlikely)  c) irrelevant  or d) that I'm not welcome here. 

I'll get mi coat....    Grin Wink

IP Logged

Vicky
YaBB Administrator

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Colorado
Reply #2 - Nov 26th, 2017 at 12:33am

I don't think an experienced medium is required. 

I know that Bruce planned to visit several people, me being one of them.  But that only speaks to his experience.  It takes some work on the part of the other person in order for them to become aware of it. 

I'm still waiting for a more direct and physical-feeling visit from him, whether it's while I'm awake or during sleep such as an OBE. 

My father was a very religious man.  He wasn't much into the spiritual side of things.  But if he can come back with all the visits he's given us, then I'm sure someone such as Bruce is more than capable and willing. 

I had a lot of OBEs and experiences of sensing Bruce's energy while he was physically alive, so I'm expecting it to keep happening.  But I have to wonder, is something I'm doing preventing me from being aware of such visits?  Am I too sad and depressed, under too much stress?  Or is Bruce perhaps a little busy and preoccupied at the moment? 

Honestly, I haven't tried very hard yet, but I will.  I plan to prep myself and try, and be patient and wait.

Author of Persephone's Journey (Amazon.com)

http://www.vickyshort.blogspot.com/
WWW 198267046870499  
IP Logged

Vicky
YaBB Administrator

Colorado
Reply #3 - Nov 26th, 2017 at 12:34am

mac wrote on Nov 26th, 2017 at 12:24am:
I'm surprised no-one has replied to a question I had thought was relevant to afterlife issues but maybe the lack of response is because my questions are a) unwelcome  b) not understood (unlikely)  c) irrelevant  or d) that I'm not welcome here. 

I'll get mi coat....    Grin Wink

Don't be silly. 

Notice that I replied at the same time you did. 

WWW 198267046870499  
IP Logged

mac

Reply #4 - Nov 26th, 2017 at 9:06am

Vicky wrote on Nov 26th, 2017 at 12:33am:
I don't think an experienced medium is required. 

I know that Bruce planned to visit several people, me being one of them.  But that only speaks to his experience.  It takes some work on the part of th>.........................I'm doing preventing me from being aware of such visits?  Am I too sad and depressed, under too much stress?  Or is Bruce perhaps a little busy and preoccupied at the moment? 

Honestly, I haven't tried very hard yet, but I will.  I plan to prep myself and try, and be patient and wait. 

Thanks for replying.  As an 'outsider' in this small community I will see matters differently from those who are long associated with one another.

I take your point about not needing a third party with whom Bruce would communicate to reach you.  I realise you're psychically sensitive but don't know how much that translates into trans-dimensional communication or the type of communication.  The type of link you're expecting doesn't appear to have happened or you're not yet aware of it.  I find that surprising because - as an outsider - I thought Bruce would have wanted to reassure you that he's fine, paricularly after your long association with him and the subject you worked together on.  But what do I know?

What I do know is that there appears to be few instances where those who have passed, even those who have had a lifelong involvement with spiritual communication issues, return to give a bird's-eye-view of their new surroundings.  Perhaps there's nothing new to tell, perhaps they have other things they prefer to do, perhaps with a wider perspective on 'the big picture' it's really not important that Bruce 'gets back' to folk  from 'the other side'. Perhaps for many other reasons I can't even guess at.  I know nothing of the dynamics of an incarnate life now over that might suggest what wil come next.

I understand why you might feel down and depressed at his passing.  Even though we understand survival it doesn't necessarily lessen our missing that physical person.  Maybe that does have an impact on your receptiveness to his being around; I don't know.

I'm sorry if I've spoken out of turn in any way but TDC is a special interest for me and I like to try to understand what's happening. 

As an outsider I don't know if any/many other members are sensitives to te degree that his nearness would be detected by them.  Maybe other members will add their own thoughts now.

IP Logged

Vicky
YaBB Administrator

Colorado
Reply #5 - Nov 26th, 2017 at 11:45pm

You’re not an outsider, you’re just new.  And you’ve obviously been interested in this kind of subject matter for a very long time, so don’t worry about not fitting in here.  You fit just fine.

It's a very interesting topic and something I'm definitely always thinking about and trying to understand.  My personal belief is that, speaking for myself, I will be experiencing more with him in some form.  I typically have OBEs so I’m expecting that at least.  Dream visits too, that’s an easy one that most people experience.  There will probably be a time where I feel Bruce’s presence as if he’s just walked into the room, I expect that one at some point.  My dad did that once at a family gathering and it happened about 3.5 years after his death. 

So I have a feeling you’re asking this question because Bruce has just died and you were expecting that I or someone else would have gotten a really remarkable visit from Bruce by now.  But time doesn’t matter for these things. 

While I would LOVE to have an experience where I see Bruce just suddenly appear as if he’s physically standing right in front of me, and I can hear him and talk with him, I also know it’s not necessary.  I know that Bruce is just fine.  And because of my close friendship with him and hundreds of conversations of sharing our experiences and beliefs with each other, he and I both know what happens after death, so there wasn’t a need for us to make some kind of plan of him giving reassurance of anything.

I say that because my proof, knowledge, and belief comes from my personal experiences with the afterlife as well as the many nonphysical experiences I’ve had with Bruce’s spirit.  In most of them, Bruce (meaning physical Bruce, the person) wasn’t aware of these experiences because they were visits with him on a higher level of awareness.  I refer to it as his spirit or higher self.  I don’t think the terminology really matters per se.  What I mean is, while we’re here living a physical lifetime, we are also doing other things in other perspectives/realities/planes of existence.  If you ask, well how is that possible, how can we be in more than one place at a time?  The answer is because we are multidimensional beings.  The part of our awareness that is consciously here living a physical lifetime is only a small portion of our total being. 

So yes, I miss physical Bruce.  The part of me that’s physical here right now misses the part of Bruce that was physically here.  I miss the physicalness of it.  But I have also always had another relationship with Bruce that was what you could call a nonphysical relationship, or call it a relationship with his higher self, or call it his spirit.  However you want to label it, my point is that I have had contact with Bruce in other capacities than just his physical self’s awareness.  And these are the ones where physical Bruce wasn’t aware of them.  I’d share an experience with him and he’d say, “I sure wish I had been aware of me doing that!”

We all do this.  We’re all capable of it.  We just aren’t aware of it.  So sometimes it’s a matter of putting yourself into the right state of awareness in order to be aware of these experiences.  I believe they ARE already happening, but I haven’t been consciously aware of them happening.  But for me to be aware of those things, I’d need to make some time to myself in my busy schedule where I don’t have interruptions.  I need to get back into the frame of mind of being able to meditate and hold my focused attention, and be able to shift my awareness to a higher level where I can be consciously aware of Bruce, get his attention and hear and feel him.  It’s either that, or wait for Bruce to come down to my level of awareness and try to get through to me at this level. 

I don’t think it’s impossible for him to come to our level in the physical, but from my experience I do believe there needs to be some REASON and dire need.  Some examples of that might be…

If Bruce were an earthbound spirit because he didn’t cross over.  (He’s not a ghost.  Bruce, of all people, had no trouble going where he needed to go after he died). 

If he had died suddenly, shockingly, or unexpectedly and felt his death was untimely and unfair.  (Which wasn’t the case). 

If he was a young and inexperienced soul who felt he needed to do all he could to communicate one last time because he wasn’t ready to join the afterlife.  (Which wasn’t the case).

If he felt that no one would understand where he was now, and if he didn’t come give us some sign that he’s still “alive” he’d worry about us being lost and confused.  (Bruce knows that those close to him have as good an understanding of the afterlife as he does).

So I can’t see any desperate reason why Bruce would feel he needs to do something like that.  In time, sure.  I’m sure there are several people who were close to him that he’s going to “make appearances” to in some form or another.  But I’m also sure he’s already doing that, but it’s probably from a higher level of awareness, which equates to us not being able to sense it unless we raise our conscious awareness to that level or are naturally able to shift without trying.  I wish I could have those amazing experiences so much more often.

WWW 198267046870499  
IP Logged

Vicky
YaBB Administrator

Colorado
Reply #6 - Nov 26th, 2017 at 11:47pm

Boy, you really got me thinking Mac!

It makes me remember the time that I saw a bird’s spirit leave its body.  It had a head-on collision with my windshield while I was doing about 45 mph.  Nasty sound.  I was shocked of course.  That’s not something you expect.  I quickly look into my passenger-side mirror and see the little bird roll off my roof and land on the ground on his two little feet.  He did a little shake of his head and then his body, as if he were thinking, “Whew, that was a close call!  Glad I’m ok!”  I was just relieved the little guy was still alive!  I continued driving, went to work, worked all day, and at the end of the day as I’m coming back out to my car I see something strange.  As I got closer to my car I saw that the bird was actually dead, his body having been shoved under the luggage rack on the top of my car.  He’d been wedged in there all day long.  What I’d seen wasn’t his physical body roll off my roof, but saw him nonphysically.  He looked just the same, a little bird, still alive, totally intact, happy as can be.  He had no idea what had happened to him.  Or maybe he did, who knows.  All I know is, I saw him and he was ok.  Now that I realized he had actually died on impact, not survived, it was both sad and totally amazing at the same time.  I felt bad for him, but at the same time it was totally amazing to have seen his nonphysical form leave his body and be just fine!  If a bird can die and still live in spirit form, then so can people of course.  I just wish it was so much more common for me to have these kinds of experiences...seeing nonphysically.

These dimensions are so close together it seems bizarre that we can’t just so easily and automatically travel from one to the next.  And while technically speaking it IS easy, it’s still not something we consciously do or have awareness of doing.  The only reasons I can come up with as to why I saw the bird’s spirit was (1) the day before I had just returned from visiting Bruce and his wife in Florida and I was still kind of “displaced” from that.  I wasn’t ready to come back and energy-wise I was still with Bruce in Florida. 

You know how when you’re on vacation having such a good time that even when you come back you still feel like you’re still there, all the feelings are still there?  It’s like that.  So my awareness hadn’t fully come back to ground me in my physical surroundings yet.  Also, the night before I had woken up and thought it was physical, but I was out of body, and felt very confused so that was weird too.  And, the last night of my stay at Bruce’s house I had an OBE in the wee hours of that morning.  So obviously my level of awareness was already in a heightened state and very prone to perceiving on other levels of awareness. So because of that PLUS the sudden shock of this bird hitting my windshield and jarring me, it was a huge shock to my system, so it made me easily shift away from the physical very easily.  Under normal circumstances, I doubt I would have seen the bird’s spirit come out of its body.  Shock does a lot to jar us from our normal senses. 

Also--I had a near death experience years ago.  And from that I am aware of a few things that are hard to understand from our perspective.  One is time.  Over there, your sense of “time” is so different.  It’s like, when you think about your life, your life is literally like a blink of an eye compared to time there.  I didn’t want to return to my body because I knew that in like “five minutes” my kids’ lives would be over and they’d be joining me anyway, so why go back?  I was forced to go back, it wasn’t by choice. 

Another is dimensionality.  When I “died” and left my body and left the physical, all I was doing was nothing more than shifting my awareness.  It was a piece of cake.  Can I do it right now at this moment?  No.  I wouldn’t know how.  But it literally is that simple.  It’s so ridiculously simple.  Even though I was “so far away” dimensionally, the physical was literally right behind me.  I could have reached out and stuck my arm into it if I tried. 

Another is realizing the totality of your Being.  There’s no way I could describe it to make you completely understand what I mean.  But over there you become aware of just how big and vast your Being actually is.  You, as a physical living person right at this moment, are for lack of a better term, pretty small compared to just how great your total Being actually is.  Think of a book that has thousands of pages in it.  And your life is like one word.  In your physical life you’re only aware of that one word, not aware of all the other words, sentences, and pages that make up the whole book.  If you could shift your awareness to another word or another page, you’d be consciously aware of what “you” are doing elsewhere at the moment.  But while you’re here in the physical, you’re only aware of this part of your existence. 

So right now Bruce could be more focused on other things than desperately trying to get someone’s attention here.  He could be distracted by things that have more of his attention at the moment.  He could be doing some kind of life review or working through some unresolved issues.  Or maybe he’s recuperating.  Or maybe he’s busy helping, teaching, or working on some plans or projects. 

I don’t think the timing of a visit from him matters.  I am not one of those people who believe that the farther out that time passes from his death, it means that Bruce won’t be capable of communicating anymore.  Some believe that, but I don’t. 

I believe that contact is only a state of being away.  I think Bruce will always be able to feel and reconnect with anyone who wants to, even after he gets busy doing other things.  The “how” of it might change, but I believe that feelings are not just things we feel, but are also states of being.  A feeling can place you back into a certain state of being that shifts your awareness instantly. 

The most important thing that Bruce taught was the feeling of love.  Pure unconditional love.  It’s a very heightened state of being which while you’re in it can do amazing things!  Like raise your awareness to a high degree and open your perception way beyond its normal limits.

WWW 198267046870499  
IP Logged

mac

Reply #7 - Nov 27th, 2017 at 12:21am

I don't mind being the outsider here because it's a position I'm used to, an observer more than a participant.

It's interesting hearing you explain stuff, something I'm often doing myself for others.  But we see things differently, again a position I'm used to as it's often been that way over several decades in other situations.

For yourself and for the regulars on his website there's probably no need for Bruce to confirm his survival but I thought he might wish to do it for others, as contemporary evidence of survival and the so-called afterlife to come.

IP Logged

Vicky
YaBB Administrator

Colorado
Reply #8 - Nov 27th, 2017 at 12:41am

Oh yeah? What do you see differently than I do?  Might make for some interesting conversation!  I'm always open and curious to hear other people's experiences and beliefs.  Sometimes it sparks new experiences for me too.

WWW 198267046870499  
IP Logged

mac

Reply #9 - Nov 27th, 2017 at 1:22am

Vicky wrote on Nov 27th, 2017 at 12:41am:
Oh yeah? What do you see differently than I do?  Might make for some interesting conversation!  I'm always open and curious to hear other people's experiences and beliefs.  Sometimes it sparks new experiences for me too.

There was a time when I enjoyed conversations about issues I see differently but recently such converations have lost their appeal.  I'm content to leave others to whatever direction they've already chosen but sometimes I will offer the rest, the undecided ones, a direction they might not have thought of and might wish to consider.

Mostly I try to relate my experiences to situations that others experience, the questions they raise.  I rarely speak much about myself unless it's in such a context or relevant in some other way.  I'm not secretive - it's all out there already in cyber space - but maybe I've just become lazy by not wanting to keep going over the same stuff? 

IP Logged

Subtle Traveler

US
Reply #10 - Nov 27th, 2017 at 8:17pm

mac wrote on Nov 23rd, 2017 at 5:52pm:
I'm still very new here and am asking questions without the advantage of knowing what's gone before. 

Hi Mac ...

I am new here also. I was briefly here just over 2 years ago, but the forum was not being well facilitated or managed due to Bruce's declining health, so I found other places to talk about and share my experiences.

I think that Vicky has been very generous here. I have read the comments in your thread and I agree pretty much with everything that she has shared. I can add to this your conversation with her, that I am not clairvoyant or gifted, and yet I have had many of the same experiences which Vicky mentions.

For example, I have communicated with my father since his transition. He had alzheimers-dementia so I was providing 24 hour care for him in his home. That was over 4 years ago. After he died, he communicated with me while I was asleep just as he was leaving (e.g., like he finally got some help with that). The clarity of his contact was astounding and unforgettable (not anything like a dream). He was also much like Vicky's father (he read the Bible a lot).

In the last year, as my practice with my guidance has developed, my contact with him has increased. He has even helped me out in several non-physical experiences. And now that he has transitioned completely, I would say he feels very different. I think that my recognizing this difference has increased my perceptions of him (if that makes sense). I sometimes get odd reminders during the day about things.

Maybe to help bring more clarity to what I am sharing, I had my first out of body experience (OBE) just over 2 1/2 year ago now, and that really opened some things up for me. It caught my attention, because it showed me that I was more than my physical body.

Also, in an early OBE, I met one of my guides (a female past life or what some call "a strand"). We all have strands. I have met 4 or 5 of mine. I mention things this way, because it is easy to conceptualize a lot of this stuff ... but when you start having experiences with it, that's when awareness opens and things really change.

IP Logged

Vicky
YaBB Administrator

Colorado
Reply #11 - Nov 27th, 2017 at 8:43pm

Hi Subtle Traveler,

Welcome back  Smiley

I like your words and wording.  I think you and I have a lot in common with how we perceive and understand things.

That's great that your dad has come around to visit and lend a hand.  I haven't had a visit from my dad for some time now, probably 3 years. 

But I did get help from a dear friend of mine while I was going through my cancer treatment.  He died at age 68 or 69 from pelvic cancer.  I distinctly know and remember the moment I felt his presence, as if he were right by my side.  I felt he was just being there for me, and no doubt giving me PUL.  It brings tears to my eyes to even write this.  His presence was distinctly with me for a few months during my chemo, and then when it was done I felt him pulling back again.  It was very comforting knowing he was aware of what I was going through and cared enough to comfort me through it. 

Please feel free to share your OBEs or experiences meeting your guides.  I'd love to hear it.   Roll Eyes  I know I say that all the time to everyone, but it's other people who have helped me along my spiritual path so it's why I am a promoter of sharing these things.  It really helps to know that others have the same beliefs and experiences.  And sometimes we can find verification in others' experiences. 

Vicky

WWW 198267046870499  
IP Logged

mac

Reply #12 - Nov 28th, 2017 at 12:42am

My approach to life, death and what follows is a pretty simple one where contact with discarnates is via a third part facilitator, an evidential (spiritual) medium.  It's a once traditional way with its roots over here in the USA.  My story isn't important to this conversation save to make a comparison with what appears to have become a much-more 'fashionable' way of TDC.

I'm increasingly aware that mediumship has fallen out of favor, replaced by OBEs and NDEs as folk's introduction to the notion of survival.  I 'observe' this situation from the accounts of those who have experienced them. 

My experience and understanding doesn't much relate to this new picture and maybe that's another reason I don't say as much as I used to.   When you don't know about stuff then you don't have much to say that's useful is my approach.  Wink

IP Logged

Subtle Traveler

US
Reply #13 - Nov 28th, 2017 at 12:04pm

Vicky wrote on Nov 27th, 2017 at 8:43pm:
Hi Subtle Traveler,

Welcome back  Smiley

Vicky

Thanks for the welcome back and sharing some of your experience.

As I read your comment, I have a tear in my eye also. It is a reminder of the quiet yet deep joy in discovering both those here with us and supporting us (but hidden from our 3D conclusions, biological brain, and physical senses). And yes, we do share some experiences.  Wink

I had quite a long battle with cancer in my late 20's and early 30's. Even though I responsibly sought help from my doctor for odd symptoms, it went undiagnosed for years, as the testing company never sent back the results to my physician. I ended up developing PTSD symptoms from this extended physical experience with the cancer in my body. However, after the symptoms became too much, I was able finally to get it properly diagnosed (I privately paid a chest surgeon to test the area and cut me open), and immediately have it removed surgically (two days after confirmed by lab testing). It was a rather dramatic and contrasting time of life.

I also want you to know that I read your book, Persephone's Journey, late last year. I enjoyed its simple, yet honest narrative about that period of your life. Thanks for taking time to share those experiences in book form.  Smiley

IP Logged

Vicky
YaBB Administrator

Colorado
Reply #14 - Nov 28th, 2017 at 7:12pm

Subtle Traveler wrote on Nov 28th, 2017 at 12:04pm:
[quote author=7E414B4351280 link=1511473935/11#11 date=1511829824]

I had quite a long battle with cancer in my late 20's and early 30's. However, after the symptoms became too much, I was able finally to get it properly diagnosed

That's young!  I'm glad you got through it.  I was diagnosed at age 43, two weeks before my 44th birthday.  I will spare the gory details (and I probably already shared all that on the Healing Forum) but I had told my doc "I want a colonoscopy!"  I'm probably the only person in the world to utter that sentence, LOL.  But good thing I did. 

Quote:
I also want you to know that I read your book, Persephone's Journey, late last year. I enjoyed its simple, yet honest narrative about that period of your life. Thanks for taking time to share those experiences in book form.  Smiley

Thank you so much, it's always nice to hear that!  I really do need to get to work on my other book ideas.   Roll Eyes

WWW 198267046870499  
IP Logged

Subtle Traveler

US
Reply #15 - Nov 29th, 2017 at 2:18pm

mac wrote on Nov 28th, 2017 at 12:42am:
My approach to life, death and what follows is a pretty simple one where contact with discarnates is via a third part facilitator, an evidential (spiritual) medium.  It's a once traditional way with its roots over here in the USA.  My story isn't important to this conversation save to make a comparison with what appears to have become a much-more 'fashionable' way of TDC.

I'm increasingly aware that mediumship has fallen out of favor, replaced by OBEs and NDEs as folk's introduction to the notion of survival.  I 'observe' this situation from the accounts of those who have experienced them. 

My experience and understanding doesn't much relate to this new picture and maybe that's another reason I don't say as much as I used to.   When you don't know about stuff then you don't have much to say that's useful is my approach.  Wink

Hi Mac ... I wanted to get back to your comment to me but I got pulled into a crisis situation the last 2 days.

I think that using 3rd party experts remains a viable choice. I know Monroe Institute instructors (experts) who regularly use psychics, mediums, past life regressionists and healers for personal help and assistance. Essentially, the experts use other experts, so why wouldn't the rest of us?

I would not conclude that mediums have fallen out of favor, but I do think that there are many more choices now. So, people 'kind of' pick their topic and go with that focus or interest (mediums, psychics, channeling, past life regressionists, hypnosis, and even a religion). These are some of those 3rd party choices, where an expert is required.

What I think distinguishes phasing or the out of body experience is its self-initiation (no 3rd party once you learn how). It requires inner work, a particular focus, and a well practiced process of calming the physical body while remaining conscious (what some call focus 10 state). There are also other practices that can be self-initiated (e.g., dream work, learning about and working with our guidance). With the Internet, we can now learn to do these things ourself, with little assistance from other 3rd party experts. Again, this does not discount the 3rd party's service, but it gives the human practitioner the ability to do these things for themselves with the assistance of their own guidance (e.g., their community). I can give a personal example, because I think self-initiation is very important in other ways.

In the past (as little as 4 years ago) I might have gone to a 3rd party expert like Brian Weiss or Michael Newton (or some other past life regressionist) to find out about my past lives, when now I can simply meditate before I go to bed and then ask my guides to show me what I am wanting (e.g., usually I just ask a question). While I am asleep, my inner community (guides) have responded the same night, and I wake up with that information or I have a dream with the information presented in it. Sometimes, the answers do  come later (e.g., my timing is not their timing). The technique that I describe above is how I have been introduced the lives supporting me. This is one of the tasks that my father helped me with (e.g., he is one of my strands from which I come forth to here into the physical).

And, I do not say any of this to pressure you in anyway. It is fine that you move at your pace and attract to your own interests and desires. I am merely clarifying my perspective on your comment to me about mediums.  Smiley

IP Logged

mac

Reply #16 - Nov 29th, 2017 at 3:38pm

Thanks for explaining your approach, ST.   Smiley

IP Logged

Pages: 1 
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.