Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
anyone here? (Read 9298 times)
Subtle Traveler

US
Re: anyone here?
Reply #15 - Nov 29th, 2017 at 2:18pm

mac wrote on Nov 28th, 2017 at 12:42am:
My approach to life, death and what follows is a pretty simple one where contact with discarnates is via a third part facilitator, an evidential (spiritual) medium.  It's a once traditional way with its roots over here in the USA.  My story isn't important to this conversation save to make a comparison with what appears to have become a much-more 'fashionable' way of TDC.

I'm increasingly aware that mediumship has fallen out of favor, replaced by OBEs and NDEs as folk's introduction to the notion of survival.  I 'observe' this situation from the accounts of those who have experienced them. 

My experience and understanding doesn't much relate to this new picture and maybe that's another reason I don't say as much as I used to.   When you don't know about stuff then you don't have much to say that's useful is my approach.  Wink

Hi Mac ... I wanted to get back to your comment to me but I got pulled into a crisis situation the last 2 days.

I think that using 3rd party experts remains a viable choice. I know Monroe Institute instructors (experts) who regularly use psychics, mediums, past life regressionists and healers for personal help and assistance. Essentially, the experts use other experts, so why wouldn't the rest of us?

I would not conclude that mediums have fallen out of favor, but I do think that there are many more choices now. So, people 'kind of' pick their topic and go with that focus or interest (mediums, psychics, channeling, past life regressionists, hypnosis, and even a religion). These are some of those 3rd party choices, where an expert is required.

What I think distinguishes phasing or the out of body experience is its self-initiation (no 3rd party once you learn how). It requires inner work, a particular focus, and a well practiced process of calming the physical body while remaining conscious (what some call focus 10 state). There are also other practices that can be self-initiated (e.g., dream work, learning about and working with our guidance). With the Internet, we can now learn to do these things ourself, with little assistance from other 3rd party experts. Again, this does not discount the 3rd party's service, but it gives the human practitioner the ability to do these things for themselves with the assistance of their own guidance (e.g., their community). I can give a personal example, because I think self-initiation is very important in other ways.

In the past (as little as 4 years ago) I might have gone to a 3rd party expert like Brian Weiss or Michael Newton (or some other past life regressionist) to find out about my past lives, when now I can simply meditate before I go to bed and then ask my guides to show me what I am wanting (e.g., usually I just ask a question). While I am asleep, my inner community (guides) have responded the same night, and I wake up with that information or I have a dream with the information presented in it. Sometimes, the answers do  come later (e.g., my timing is not their timing). The technique that I describe above is how I have been introduced the lives supporting me. This is one of the tasks that my father helped me with (e.g., he is one of my strands from which I come forth to here into the physical).

And, I do not say any of this to pressure you in anyway. It is fine that you move at your pace and attract to your own interests and desires. I am merely clarifying my perspective on your comment to me about mediums.  Smiley

IP Logged

mac

Valley of the Sun, Arizona
Re: anyone here?
Reply #16 - Nov 29th, 2017 at 3:38pm

Thanks for explaining your approach, ST.   Smiley

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.