Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Starting a retrieval of my father in a dream? (Read 1418 times)
DavidLay

Starting a retrieval of my father in a dream?
Nov 23rd, 2017 at 4:03pm

My father passed on on November 1. However, a strange thing happened a few days ago when I slept. In my dream I was sent to a vacant college campus, or at least I'm assuming that's what it was. I eventually found my father, noticeably younger and with his hair all black wandering aimlessly through the campus. His hair was all black again. I say, "dad, you look a lot younger." He acknowledges this. In physical life my father had been battling mesothelioma for about a year and a half which left him with a severe chronic cough. I said to him, "Have you noticed you're not coughing anymore?" He eventually said, "So I'm not. I'm better?" "Yeah," I replied. He did a few little coughs after that and then eventually shapeshifted into an even younger form of himself and the mustache that I've never seen him without went away. I think he probably shifted to a teenage version of himself. He then continued wandering the campus which was for the most part empty. I did see a few other people I didn't recognize around the buildings but they were scattered and far away from him and likely out of his field of view. Not sure if they were helpers or not. It felt like a failed retrieval. Like I tried to retrieve him but didn't and I woke up afterwards. This was also a lot clearer than most of my dreams have been. Another interesting backstory is that I have constant intense intrusive thoughts that got in the way of my second retrieval to Bruce's CDs and made future retrievals next to impossible to do. Perhaps this is what Bruce referred to as the interpreter except in this case it goes way off topic. I'm wondering if helpers or some other force arranged for me to do this in a dream for this reason? The advantage with the dream retrievals is that the intrusive thoughts were completely gone and I could see a lot more clearly. The disadvantages are less control and the fact that when I wake up, I wake up and there's no smooth transition back to physical reality. My father was an atheist in life with no beliefs about life after death so him being stuck in a thought form isn't completely unimaginable. Plus a college campus is the kind of place he would probably like to go to given that he was curious, liked to learn and even worked for a university at one point in time. Not sure if the other people I found were helpers waiting for me to make a move so that his attention would be at a level where he would then notice them. This also makes me think that the forces that be guide people to do retrievals in dreams automatically if it's needed sometimes and that whether they believe in them or not most people have done a retrieval or will do one at some point through this method. I would like to eventually get to where I can consciously go back and find out if this was a real retrieval and if it either actually worked or if my appearance at least made my father notice that he was stuck so helpers could assist him in moving on.

fixationdavid xavitotoenailx  
IP Logged

Vicky
YaBB Administrator

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Colorado
Re: Starting a retrieval of my father in a dream?
Reply #1 - Nov 23rd, 2017 at 5:20pm

Hi David,

This is a typical dream visit that I've heard from others after they've lost a loved one.  By typical, I mean in the sense that your dad looked younger, and he was at least somewhat aware of his new circumstances.  I think there's quite often an aspect of a person's sense of self that has to slowly come to terms with their transition.  They are so used to how things were, that it's not easy to so quickly adjust.  It's especially this case with major health conditions.

My dad died from congestive heart failure and could barely walk toward the end.  Even after he died he still needed time to process everything about his health and come to accept he was actually well now.  I've heard the same from a close friend of mine about her step father who had Alzheimer's.  After his death it took him some time to "get clarity" back.  (This is all known from these kinds of dreams, which I believe are real visits.  There's so much similarity in them.  It must mean something!  I don't think it's just coincidence, that's for sure). 

Your dad had a lot of health problems to suffer with at the end of his life, so it makes sense to me that that part of him needs to "let it sink in" that he doesn't have that to deal with anymore. 

I don't want anyone to assume that I'm saying that your dad is stuck, he's not.  Not necessarily.  But there could just be an Aspect of Self that needs retrieving.  I think it's so very common for any one of us to have aspects of self that need retrieving.  We usually retrieve them ourselves while we are still physically alive (without even realizing it) but for the parts of us that we couldn't self-retrieve while alive, they are still needing help after we die.

So it makes sense to me that these kinds of dreams happen.  This Aspect part of your dad, the part that had to deal with his pain, is getting retrieved.  And it might be done with, or it might be a slow process, but I don't think there is such a thing as a failed retrieval.  Just the act of getting the person's attention is enough work done on your part to help the helpers get through to them too. 

Now that that process has started it's definitely going to finish.  The next time you have one of these special dreams of your dad (that I fully believe your dad's Helpers created), you will see an improvement in him, or he may be totally whole again.  Either way, this Aspect of him is getting the help he needs. 

Vicky

Author of Persephone's Journey (Amazon.com)

http://www.vickyshort.blogspot.com/
WWW 198267046870499  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.