Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Send Topic Print
Validity of imagination method (Read 31957 times)
Recoverer 2

ALK Member

South San Francisco
Re: Validity of imagination method
Reply #45 - Jun 18th, 2017 at 12:36pm

The video doesn't start at the beginning of Bruce's talk, and I missed the part where he was providing a hypothetical example. Since I do not believe that he would provide an example that has no similarity to what he has actually experienced, I believe this is somewhat of a mute point. Therefore, saying that his example is hypothetical, doesn't support what you said on an earlier post, as seen below.

------------------

1796 said: "That's fine. If you believe in that limitation upon yourself then that is your limitation. No one can think and function outside of their beliefs, they are always contained by them. And it is for people like yourself that Bruce's method is satisfying. It gives you the results that you will accept. But for those who want more, who want the full view, there is truth." 

1796 wrote on Jun 18th, 2017 at 12:25pm:
Recoverer 2 wrote on Jun 18th, 2017 at 12:08pm:
1796:

I believe it is reasonable to conclude that Bruce used an example that had some similarity to the kind of verifications he has actually received.

Then why did you ask:

Recoverer 2 wrote on Jun 18th, 2017 at 10:53am:
1796:

Did you watch the Bruce Moen video that you provided a link for? You speak of people putting a limitation on themselves and not functioning outside of beliefs, yet during his described experience Bruce found out about very precise details that he didn't know before hand. How could such knowledge be the result of his putting a limitation on himself and not allowing himself to function outside of his beliefs?

You are all over the place like a mad woman's custard.

IP Logged

Uno

ALK Member

Reply #46 - Jun 18th, 2017 at 12:46pm

Quote:
R2: I will not apologize about emotion being a part of my response, because I am not Spock from Star trek, and I believe that emotions have their place. It is okay to care about things.

Spock would maybe have asked this question beforehand: do I know this? I haven't demanded an apology, but as far as the topic goes, there is a real life lesson to be found here instead of just theory alone.

If you claim there is no truth and in the same breath claim that is the truth, you are a leftist.

IP Logged

Lights of Love

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Reply #47 - Jun 18th, 2017 at 12:49pm

Albert, please stop it. 

If you thought something was wrong with Uno's post notify Vicky.  Please stop airing your grievances on the board.  Let Vicky take care of it.

Tread softly through life with a tender heart and a gentle, understanding spirit.

IP Logged

Uno

ALK Member

Reply #48 - Jun 18th, 2017 at 12:55pm

R2, if you don't know something, try questions first. As opposed to: making assumptions + questions relating to assumptions + accusation. This advice is free and you're welcome.

If you claim there is no truth and in the same breath claim that is the truth, you are a leftist.

IP Logged

Uno

ALK Member

Reply #49 - Jun 18th, 2017 at 1:03pm

R2, it should be clear by now and I can't take responsibility for you assumptions and actions. I'm done with this.

IP Logged

Vicky
YaBB Administrator

Colorado
Reply #50 - Jun 18th, 2017 at 1:08pm

Bruce's video is him giving an example of how to use your imagination as a means of perception. 

The example he made up about his grandfather having robbed a bank and burying the money isn't meant to prove or disprove the validity of the method he teaches since it is merely an example used to demonstrate how you would go about deciphering truth from fantasy for the sake of showing yourself that the imagination can allow you to perceive information that is verifiable.   

Bruce's demonstration of this method of using the imagination as a means of perception is also important because it points out that you as an individual are learning how your own perception works.  You as an individual are learning how to develop your senses and how to use them.  You as an individual are gathering information that you can use to validate and verify as evidence to you that the afterlife exists.  It's not necessarily that you have to pretend and fantasize but that those are one way in which you can learn to engage yourself with your imagination.  It's the "priming the pump" analogy.

So it's not about fantasy getting in the way of reality.  You're missing the point if that's all you take away from this method.  After the pump is primed, the water runs freely, remember?

The philosophical discussion about what "truth" and "reality" really are and what they really mean has nothing to do with what you as an individual can do, can experience, can learn, and can discover for yourself.  It is up to each individual to do his own work, to gain his own experience and knowledge, in order to discover the truth for him and for his beliefs. 

Merely telling someone what and how they should believe, think, or feel is of little importance in my opinion.  Doing and experiencing for yourself holds much greater value in my opinion.  The nature and fundamental purpose of Bruce's method is for you to gather your own experience and knowledge.

One reason it's important to always do your own practice and experimentation is because only you know what's true for you. 

Author of Persephone's Journey (Amazon.com)

http://www.vickyshort.blogspot.com/
WWW 198267046870499  
IP Logged

Vicky
YaBB Administrator

Colorado
Reply #51 - Jun 18th, 2017 at 1:17pm

Albert and Uno,

Please give up the arguing and stick to the topic.  If Uno doesn't want to explain further or answer your questions then please stop persisting that he do so. 

My advice to everyone is that some replies within a thread are ok to skip if you don't like or understand their meaning, just as it's ok for someone not to reply if they don't feel like it.  Sometimes it's the only way to avoid arguments.   

Please stay on topic.  I have.  I'm trying to add value to this thread.  You guys arguing between yourselves isn't adding anything of value because whatever Uno believes about the man, his disk, and the aliens is all just belief.  It's not "the truth".

Please stop debating about terminology and syntax and beliefs.

WWW 198267046870499  
IP Logged

Recoverer 2

ALK Member

South San Francisco
Reply #52 - Jun 18th, 2017 at 1:24pm

Okay Vicky, I will delete all of my related posts.

Vicky wrote on Jun 18th, 2017 at 1:17pm:
Albert and Uno,

Please give up the arguing and stick to the topic.  If Uno doesn't want to explain further or answer your questions then please stop persisting that he do so. 

My advice to everyone is that some replies within a thread are ok to skip if you don't like or understand their meaning, just as it's ok for someone not to reply if they don't feel like it.  Sometimes it's the only way to avoid arguments.   

Please stay on topic.  I have.  I'm trying to add value to this thread.  You guys arguing between yourselves isn't adding anything of value because whatever Uno believes about the man, his disk, and the aliens is all just belief.  It's not "the truth".

Please stop debating about terminology and syntax and beliefs.

IP Logged

Vicky
YaBB Administrator

Colorado
Reply #53 - Jun 18th, 2017 at 1:48pm

Albert,

Thank you.  That's your choice, you don't have to do so.  Or you and Uno may just simply carry on as normal just without the argument.

WWW 198267046870499  
IP Logged

Recoverer 2

ALK Member

South San Francisco
Reply #54 - Jun 18th, 2017 at 1:56pm

Uno:

Could you please clarify what you mean by the below?

Did you have the intention of saying that the guy you wrote of is an example of a person who wasn't good as separating truth from fiction,  or did you mean that people who think of the Disk viewpoint in a positive way aren't good at separating truth from fiction?

Since I am uncertain about what you mean, other people might be uncertain, and it would be good to clarify.

Uno wrote on Jun 18th, 2017 at 11:21am:
I have talked with guy in Europe who claims to have visited his disk (or I-There in Monroe terms) and beyond many times. His view is that the disks are malevolent beings that benefit at the expense of their human hosts. In a nutshell: separating truth from fiction is essential, whether you do classical OOBE, out of body focus while in body, remote viewing, or live an ordinary life.

IP Logged

Uno

ALK Member

Reply #55 - Jun 18th, 2017 at 1:57pm

Vicky,

Quote:
You guys arguing between yourselves isn't adding anything of value because whatever Uno believes about the man, his disk, and the aliens is all just belief.  It's not "the truth".

It was a real life example how hard it can be to separate fact from fiction. And to be fair it wasn't my beliefs about the man & disk, but I have indeed had beliefs about aliens and it's probably a good time to deal with that. But that is for another thread and in the off topic section.

Quote:
Or you and Uno may just simply carry on as normal just without the argument.

Keep calm and carry on.

IP Logged

Uno

ALK Member

Reply #56 - Jun 18th, 2017 at 1:58pm

R2, see reply #42. Now I'm done with this.

IP Logged

Vicky
YaBB Administrator

Colorado
Reply #57 - Jun 18th, 2017 at 2:11pm

Uno wrote on Jun 18th, 2017 at 1:57pm:
Vicky,

Quote:
You guys arguing between yourselves isn't adding anything of value because whatever Uno believes about the man, his disk, and the aliens is all just belief.  It's not "the truth".

It was a real life example how hard it can be to separate fact from fiction. And to be fair it wasn't my beliefs about the man & disk, but I have indeed had beliefs about aliens and it's probably a good time to deal with that. But that is for another thread and in the off topic section.

Quote:
Or you and Uno may just simply carry on as normal just without the argument.

Keep calm and carry on.

And to be fair, I was merely pointing out that arguing about beliefs is pointless.  Everyone is entitled to his own beliefs.

WWW 198267046870499  
IP Logged

Recoverer 2

ALK Member

South San Francisco
Reply #58 - Jun 18th, 2017 at 2:13pm

I know a man who has explored the spirit world extensively, he used to be a part of TMI, and he has found that Santa Claus is the creator of all universes.

But don't quote me on that, I am simply reporting what another man told me.

IP Logged

Uno

ALK Member

Reply #59 - Jun 18th, 2017 at 2:34pm

R2, hehe, more fantasy doesn't add much to what you've already have posted.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.