Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 6
Send Topic Print
Validity of imagination method (Read 32032 times)
Recoverer 2

ALK Member

South San Francisco
Validity of imagination method
Jun 16th, 2017 at 1:39pm

On another thread, 1796 wrote the below (after the x's).
Clearly what 1796 wrote is a long intellect-based explanation, rather than actual experience.

Within Bruce's video, I believe he provides a clear example of how the imagination method can work as a precursor to an actual nonphysical experience. In the example he provided, he started with his imagination, but then he ended up experiencing very specific details that he was able to verify later on. The very fact of how he was able to obtain details he didn't know about, proves that the imagination method doesn't have the traps that 1796 intellectualized about below.

(below is the link to Bruce's video)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDjRJ5NA2jY

I don't mean to suggest that the imagination approach can never go awry, but going by my retrieval experiences (when I did them in the way Bruce speaks of them) it can get the process of actual spirit world contact started. It is important to remember that when we travel around the spirit world, we don’t do so in a physical-body based way. Rather, we use our intent to travel to wherever it is we want to go. Using imagination is a detailed way to set intent. If we go to an astral realm, we go to a realm that was created by the imagination of whatever beings exist there. When two or more beings interact with each other, they use their combined imagination to experience whatever manifestations they experience.

As far as subconscious interference, that can take place even when we don’t use our imagination, if we are emotionally attached to viewing things in a specific way. This is why some recently deceased spirits might experience a hollow heaven. This is what their subconscious imagination creates.

On the other hand, a person who chooses to use his imagination, takes conscious control of his intent, rather than allow his emotional attachments determine what he experiences. It is important and very significant to add, that the imagination method is used with the intent of being the starting point for experiencing something that is actual. Whenever I used the imagination method I never had the intent to keep imagining. I was open to see what would take place next, and what would take place would be quite different than what I initially imagined.

It is puzzling that 1796 spoke against the imagination technique, because when Justin and I wrote that we have doubts about Robert Bruce’s credibility on the below post, 1796 wrote a bunch of posts that seemed to serve the purpose of hiding our posts in a morass of other posts. Yet, in his book “Mastering Astral Projection,” Robert Bruce speaks of using imagination as a precursor to going OBE.

Go ahead 1796, say that Robert Bruce gave bad advice.

http://afterlife-knowledge.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?num=1440608438/3
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Here is Bruce's method:
The downside of Bruce's imaginative method is that it does not automatically differentiate between the subconscious and reality. The two are mixed together, and then need sorting out.

Bruce's method relies on a sorting process, as rational and reasonable as that sorting process may be, it still relies on a sorting process to sort reality from subconscious with its myriad of potential images, impressions and all manner of mental and emotional clutter.

Why mix reality with fantasy then try to sort them out again?

This is a world of illusion as it is, comprised of truth and falsity blended together. Surely we want to separate truth and falsity, not blend them further.

If we have lived before birth and continue to live after death, then birth and death are illusions, and everything in between is illusionary too. Then life as we know it is an illusion, and yet life exists, we exist, and existence is reality. So life is illusion and reality strangely mixed together, is truth and falsity blended.

All of our priorities, our values, and what we think is important in this life are all mixed up, the true ones with the false. Our feelings, emotions, and sentiments, every little comfort and preference that pertains to our physical living are all tangled up the true ones with the false, and each one of us must sort it out our self and find the truth amongst the falsity, the reality in the illusion.   

It is already hard enough to separate truth from falsity, reality from fantasy, so why make the puzzle harder by deliberately concocting fantasies within our mind, then looking into those fantasies and hoping to detect some hidden truths.

Why make the puzzle of life even harder than it is by painting pictures on the window of our perception then trying to peer through our painted window to see reality?
That makes no sense to do, except for those who are averse to certain possibilities of truth, who even just in case the view of truth might be what they do not wish to see, they refuse to wipe their window clean and see things as they are. So instead of wiping their window clean they search for truth amongst their painted fantasies.

This imagination method purports to find the truth in fantasy. It is a dabbler's method. Truth is not found in fantasies. Snippets of truth are all we might find there. It might be a useful beginner's step perhaps, a blind alley to explore, to perhaps find some appetising morsels, and then back out of that alley with a wiser understanding of where to look for a greater view of truth.

Truth is reality, reality is truth. Truth stands all around our self, well camouflaged by falsities, and truth is within our self tangled with delusions. But when we value truth above all else, a change takes place within our self, our soul becomes transparent, our mind and perception clear, so we can see clearly as if through clear glass and truth can pass through us, we become a medium for truth, we become truth-full.

We in effect become our own filter, our highest value being truth causes us to automatically separate superimpositions from reality.

Value truth above all else and you will come to see it for yourself.

This method requires no sorting through mental-emotional filters and interpretations. It requires no looking for evidence. This method simply clears our vision, and enables us to see things as they are. It is the truest and surest method.

crossbow

IP Logged

Recoverer 2

ALK Member

South San Francisco
Re: Validity of imagination method
Reply #1 - Jun 16th, 2017 at 2:04pm

I would like to add that what Bruce refers to as "Helper" can play a role in what takes place. Going by my experience, this is so.

Also, in the below thread, reply # 10 , Bruce stated that over 90 percent of his workshop attendees obtain a confirmation. I figure it is safe to say that some of these people used the imagination method.

http://afterlife-knowledge.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?num=1496368948/10#10

IP Logged

Uno

ALK Member

Reply #2 - Jun 16th, 2017 at 2:32pm

"It is puzzling that 1796 spoke against the imagination technique, because when Justin and I wrote that we have doubts about Robert Bruce’s credibility on the below post, 1796 wrote a bunch of posts that seemed to serve the purpose of hiding our posts in a morass of other posts. Yet, in his book “Mastering Astral Projection,” Robert Bruce speaks of using imagination as a precursor to going OBE. Go ahead 1796, say that Robert Bruce gave bad advice."

The logic in your post is puzzling:

It is puzzling to you that someone else has a different view of the imagination technique of Bruce Moen because: you and your friend gossiped in the linked thread > you were made aware of the act of gossiping > other post that contrasted with gossip were made > the person you gossiped about has an imagination technique in a book > the one you accuse for seemingly hiding your posts recently stated to your friend "I have not read any of his work and I have no interest in doing so" > finally asked to state that a technique one doesn't know about is bad advice.

Am I getting it right or wrong?

If you claim there is no truth and in the same breath claim that is the truth, you are a leftist.

IP Logged

Recoverer 2

ALK Member

South San Francisco
Reply #3 - Jun 16th, 2017 at 2:54pm

Uno:

Again you sound as if you aren't a different person than 1796 or have some close connection to him.

Noooooooooooooo, we didn't gossip. Try not to let 1796 influence you to believe that this is so.

If I were standing on the street and I saw that somebody was about to be hit by a bus, I would warn them about that bus, not because I'm into gossiping about buses, but because I want to help others. I KNOW that Justin has the same intentions.

Uno wrote on Jun 16th, 2017 at 2:32pm:
"It is puzzling that 1796 spoke against the imagination technique, because when Justin and I wrote that we have doubts about Robert Bruce’s credibility on the below post, 1796 wrote a bunch of posts that seemed to serve the purpose of hiding our posts in a morass of other posts. Yet, in his book “Mastering Astral Projection,” Robert Bruce speaks of using imagination as a precursor to going OBE. Go ahead 1796, say that Robert Bruce gave bad advice."

The logic in your post is puzzling:

You and your friend gossiped in the linked thread > you were made aware of the act of gossiping > other post that contrasted with gossip were made > the person you gossiped about has an imagination technique in a book > the one you accuse for seemingly hiding your posts recently stated to your friend "I have not read any of his work and I have no interest in doing so" > finally asked to state that a technique one doesn't know about is bad advice.

Am I getting it right or wrong?

IP Logged

Vicky
YaBB Administrator

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Colorado
Reply #4 - Jun 16th, 2017 at 3:09pm

Recoverer 2 wrote on Jun 16th, 2017 at 1:39pm:
On another thread, 1796 wrote the below (after the x's).
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Here is Bruce's method:
The downside of Bruce's imaginative method is that it does not automatically differentiate between the subconscious and reality. The two are mixed together, and then need sorting out.

Bruce's method relies on a sorting process, as rational and reasonable as that sorting process may be, it still relies on a sorting process to sort reality from subconscious with its myriad of potential images, impressions and all manner of mental and emotional clutter.

Why mix reality with fantasy then try to sort them out again?

This is a world of illusion as it is, comprised of truth and falsity blended together. Surely we want to separate truth and falsity, not blend them further.

If we have lived before birth and continue to live after death, then birth and death are illusions, and everything in between is illusionary too. Then life as we know it is an illusion, and yet life exists, we exist, and existence is reality. So life is illusion and reality strangely mixed together, is truth and falsity blended.

All of our priorities, our values, and what we think is important in this life are all mixed up, the true ones with the false. Our feelings, emotions, and sentiments, every little comfort and preference that pertains to our physical living are all tangled up the true ones with the false, and each one of us must sort it out our self and find the truth amongst the falsity, the reality in the illusion.   

It is already hard enough to separate truth from falsity, reality from fantasy, so why make the puzzle harder by deliberately concocting fantasies within our mind, then looking into those fantasies and hoping to detect some hidden truths.

Why make the puzzle of life even harder than it is by painting pictures on the window of our perception then trying to peer through our painted window to see reality?
That makes no sense to do, except for those who are averse to certain possibilities of truth, who even just in case the view of truth might be what they do not wish to see, they refuse to wipe their window clean and see things as they are. So instead of wiping their window clean they search for truth amongst their painted fantasies.

This imagination method purports to find the truth in fantasy. It is a dabbler's method. Truth is not found in fantasies. Snippets of truth are all we might find there. It might be a useful beginner's step perhaps, a blind alley to explore, to perhaps find some appetising morsels, and then back out of that alley with a wiser understanding of where to look for a greater view of truth.

Truth is reality, reality is truth. Truth stands all around our self, well camouflaged by falsities, and truth is within our self tangled with delusions. But when we value truth above all else, a change takes place within our self, our soul becomes transparent, our mind and perception clear, so we can see clearly as if through clear glass and truth can pass through us, we become a medium for truth, we become truth-full.

We in effect become our own filter, our highest value being truth causes us to automatically separate superimpositions from reality.

Value truth above all else and you will come to see it for yourself.

This method requires no sorting through mental-emotional filters and interpretations. It requires no looking for evidence. This method simply clears our vision, and enables us to see things as they are. It is the truest and surest method.

crossbow

Albert I could not find 1796's exact quote in the thread you linked, but I would like to respond to his quote.  So 1796, this is for you:

You said: 
<<It is already hard enough to separate truth from falsity, reality from fantasy, so why make the puzzle harder by deliberately concocting fantasies within our mind, then looking into those fantasies and hoping to detect some hidden truths.>>

My reply:   
Bruce doesn’t teach his method as a way of being the best, better, or a replacement for any other method.  He merely shows how easy it is for anyone to use.  Its design is for the purpose of training and teaching you to become aware of your nonphysical senses of perception, what they are, how to use them, how to open perception further, and how to experience proof for yourself that what you experienced is real.  Think of this method as a stepping stone.  Think of it like a tool someone gives you.  It's up to you how you decide to use it, what you use it for, and how often you practice using it and getting more experience with it.

You said:
<<Truth is reality, reality is truth. Truth stands all around our self, well camouflaged by falsities, and truth is within our self tangled with delusions. But when we value truth above all else, a change takes place within our self, our soul becomes transparent, our mind and perception clear, so we can see clearly as if through clear glass and truth can pass through us, we become a medium for truth, we become truth-full.>>

My reply:
This seems like a bunch of jargon that makes no real sense.  You are saying that “truth” and “reality” are synonymous, which they clearly are not.  That may be your interpretation but that doesn’t make it so for everyone.  Reality is our experience of what we perceive.  Therefore it is different for everyone.  Inherent within everyone’s ability to perceive are natural filters which shape, form, and color our experience of what we are perceiving, thereby naturally affecting our experience of reality.  One cannot every fully know if what one is perceiving is actually the way it exists outside of one’s own ability to perceive it.  In other words, I cannot perceive anything outside of my own filters of perception.  I can only ever perceive within the framework of my own perception, or my own ability to perceive. 

Let’s make it simple.   My daughter’s favorite colors are certain hues of what I call green but what she calls blue.  Shades that are a mix are things like aquamarine and turquoise and various shades like these.  But she sees them as being more blue in color and automatically calls them blue.  To me, they are more green in color, meaning I see more of the green in them than she does and she sees more of the blue in them than I do.   What’s the truth?  What’s the reality?

The truth is that they are shades that are mixtures of both blues and greens.  The reality is that I can only perceive them how I am able to perceive them, and she is can only perceive them how she is able to perceive them.  We could discuss it all day long and I will never be able to make her see these colors the way I see them, and vice versa. 

So you see, truth and reality are not synonymous words and meanings.  So your next question should be, “Well what do those colors really, truly look like?”  Great question!  Guess what the answer is….

None of us can say that we know what those colors actually really look like.  We can each only perceive them in our own way, through our own senses of perception, through our own filters. 

Everything you experience, be it physical-world based or nonphysical-world based, is going to be experienced by you through your own filters of perception and interpretation. 

You said:
<<This method requires no sorting through mental-emotional filters and interpretations. It requires no looking for evidence. This method simply clears our vision, and enables us to see things as they are. It is the truest and surest method.>>

My reply:
Which method are you referring to by saying “this”?   

I realize this quote of 1796 was copied and pasted here and therefore is taken out of context of its place in another thread and I can’t seem to locate where it is from, but I’d like to know what “this method” is referring to.

Your statement quoted above misses the point and purpose of Bruce’s method of using the imagination as a means of perception. 

If you’re comparing Bruce’s method to astral projection or OBE, then you are comparing two different methods but one is not automatically better, or more real or more clear than the other.

I have used Bruce’s methods for years and many times it has produced uncharacteristic results in the form of clairvoyance and out-of-body experiences.  This is not what Bruce teaches nor is it what his methods are meant to teach.  This anomaly is merely a byproduct of using his methods because his methods are merely a means of opening one’s perception via the use of nonphysical senses.  Your jargon is a misappropriated use of terminology, meaning, and intention which is kind of like blaming a car accident by a reckless driver on the guy who sold him the car. 

The results of whatever method you use are going to be surprising and unpredictable in some cases, as mine are.  It may not work that way for everyone.  But the point of Bruce’s method is to give you a simple way in which you can learn to use your nonphysical senses of perception, learn how to distinguish between everything our imagination is capable of perceiving, and to open perception beyond its normal limits.  What you do and learn and gain after that are up to you!

Author of Persephone's Journey (Amazon.com)

http://www.vickyshort.blogspot.com/
WWW 198267046870499  
IP Logged

Recoverer 2

ALK Member

South San Francisco
Reply #5 - Jun 16th, 2017 at 3:13pm

Vicky:

1796's quote is reply 7 from the below thread.

http://afterlife-knowledge.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?num=1496042155/0#0

IP Logged

Uno

ALK Member

Reply #6 - Jun 16th, 2017 at 3:14pm

R2:

Gossip - casual or unconstrained conversation or reports about other people, typically involving details which are not confirmed as true.

"Again you sound as if you aren't a different person than 1796 or have some close connection to him."

Sound as if = insinuation. I'm different to him as you are different to others on this forum. I like his posts and I'm comfortable with this.

"Noooooooooooooo, we didn't gossip. Try not to let 1796 influence you to believe that this is so."

So you were posting what were confirmed to be true?

If you claim there is no truth and in the same breath claim that is the truth, you are a leftist.

IP Logged

Recoverer 2

ALK Member

South San Francisco
Reply #7 - Jun 16th, 2017 at 3:29pm

Regarding confirming what is true, each person can find out for his or her self. They can check to see if a bus is actually coming their way. Considering how new your user name is to this forum (March 20, 2017), when did you take the time to see what the Robert Bruce thread is about?

I wrote my post at 1:39 p.m. At 2:32 p.m. you responded.  Therefore, in less than an hour you had time to appear at this forum (I can't recall seeing your member name shortly after I wrote it), read this thread, read the long Robert Bruce thread, and then form an accurate understanding of what the Robert Bruce thread is about?

Uno wrote on Jun 16th, 2017 at 3:14pm:
R2:

Gossip - casual or unconstrained conversation or reports about other people, typically involving details which are not confirmed as true.

"Again you sound as if you aren't a different person than 1796 or have some close connection to him."

Sound as if = insinuation. I'm different to him as you are different to others on this forum. I like his posts and I'm comfortable with this.

"Noooooooooooooo, we didn't gossip. Try not to let 1796 influence you to believe that this is so."

So you were posting what were confirmed to be true?

IP Logged

Uno

ALK Member

Reply #8 - Jun 16th, 2017 at 3:42pm

R2:

Like your friend I've had different avatar names on this forum:

Volu, God (seen in the thread you mention), Bob Moenroe & Ambivalent.

"Regarding confirming what is true, each person can find out for his or her self."

So you don't want to confirm whether or not you were making unsavoury and unconfirmed posts in the thread? Before this post you stated that you did not gossip.

IP Logged

Recoverer 2

ALK Member

South San Francisco
Reply #9 - Jun 16th, 2017 at 3:58pm

Uno:

Uknow you are playing games. If people could speak only when they are  absolutely certain of something, then there would be a lot less words written and spoken not only on this forum, but elsewhere. It is okay that there are many words, because sometimes it is possible to speak in a non gossipy way, even though one isn't completely certain. I believe I have good reasons for not considering Robert Bruce a good source of information. More than I stated on the thread I linked.

I know for a fact that Justin and I did not have the intent of gossiping when we wrote about Robert Bruce.

It's odd, supposedly it is okay for 1796 to sneak in a post where he tries to discredit Bruce's imagination method, but when Justin and I speak of Robert Bruce, we are supposedly nothing but gossipers.

Uno wrote on Jun 16th, 2017 at 3:42pm:
R2:

Like your friend I've had different avatar names on this forum:

Volu, God (seen in the thread you mention), Bob Moenroe & Ambivalent.

"Regarding confirming what is true, each person can find out for his or her self."

So you don't want to confirm whether you were making unsavoury and unconfirmed posts in the thread? Before this post you stated that you did not gossip.

IP Logged

Uno

ALK Member

Reply #10 - Jun 16th, 2017 at 4:21pm

R2:

"Uknow you are playing games."

No I don't, and the short thread is easily reviewed.

"I know for a fact that Justin and I did not have the intent of gossiping when we wrote about Robert Bruce."

Intent has to be followed by action. Even if the intent is noble, to find truth, it's not done by making unconfirmed unsavoury posts about a person.

"It's odd, supposedly it is okay for 1796 to sneak in a post where he tries to discredit Bruce's imagination method, but when Justin and I speak of Robert Bruce, we are supposedly nothing but gossipers."

The premise of what is seemingly odd: someone has a different view of the imagination method (sneak in a post), uses their intelligence to describe their view (which you say is to discredit), but when you and your friend make unconfirmed posts (which you have) you are supposedly NOTHING BUT gossipers (your conclusion).

IP Logged

Recoverer 2

ALK Member

South San Francisco
Reply #11 - Jun 16th, 2017 at 4:42pm

Our posts weren't unconfirmed? When it came to the Sai Baba part, I provided links that have the words that Robert Bruce wrote about Sai Baba. He stated that Sai Baba is in fact an incarnation of God. He wrote that Sai Baba appeared to him as a being of light. When accusations of Sai Baba's child molesting ways came out, he wrote that they weren't true. Eventually he reached the point where he could no longer deny the truth of the accusations, and he still tried to maintain that Sai is an Avatar, and defended his child molesting ways in ways that an ethical and reasonable person wouldn't use.

At his site he promoted a Da Free John book, another man who claimed to be God incarnate, a man who was one of the most unethical gurus the United States has ever had. He took drugs, had a harem, and forced his disciples to perform all kinds of sexual acts in front of him, including relations that involved forced infidelity. Therefore, I said that Robert Bruce has poor discrimination.

There is more, but this thread is about the imagination method.

IP Logged

Uno

ALK Member

Reply #12 - Jun 16th, 2017 at 5:01pm

Conclusion: if a report about a person is unconfirmed, then it's not confirmed to be true. I agree, this thread is about the imagination method, and it's time sleep.

IP Logged

Lights of Love

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Reply #13 - Jun 16th, 2017 at 6:50pm

It was my understanding that Bruce never wanted his forums to sing his praises or become a shrine to him.  He always welcomed everyone's opinions as long as they were respectful.  I do not see where CB said the imagination method was a "trap" as Albert mentioned.  After all, no thing would exist if it didn't exist in someone's imagination first.

What CB said was that there is a "downside" to using the imagination method.  I would agree, and that is not to talk against Bruce or the method he teaches at all.  Certainly using the imagination method can relax a person enough to slip into a state of consciousness that enables that person to interact with another being, such as a guide, helper, or an individual needing retrieval.  It can also be a means for an individual to access the record of an individual's life and even see and interact with the record of that person in a very real sense even though it is not the actual entity.  Since there is no way for us to know every detail of a person's life it is certainly possible for us to learn something about that person we did not know and be able to verify that information.

The downside I believe CB brought up in his post is that it is also possible for our own consciousness to become mixed up with the information we are attempting to discern, so then we need to sort through it all to get to the relevant information, the truth as he put it.  This is like taking the long scenic journey, which is fine if one is so inclined.  I'm not saying there's anything wrong with that, but there is a way for us to interact within the non-physical that bypasses the need for sorting out truth from fiction. 

CB has not yet given his answer to how to do that, though he did say he would start a new thread to do that.  I'd planned on waiting for that thread to reply.  I don't know CB's answer, and my answer may be different, in which I will likely learn something new, but my answer is to set an intent, or ask a question, or pray, (which is what I do) then let go of all our prejudice, all of our preconceptions, all our expectations and simply fearlessly observe without making any judgments, but simply experiencing whatever is presented.  By doing this initially instead of imagining something, it will eliminate the need to sort out what are actual occurrences from the imaginary occurrences.  If I'm not mistaken, this may be Bruce's point of view as well.

Tread softly through life with a tender heart and a gentle, understanding spirit.

IP Logged

Recoverer 2

ALK Member

South San Francisco
Reply #14 - Jun 16th, 2017 at 7:45pm

Trap, shortcoming, imperfection, let us please not make too big of a deal about a word.

I did not say that Bruce has objections to people offering differing opinions.

I started a new thread to state that I don't agree with 1796's assessment of Bruce's imagination technique.

To be perfectly frank, one of my motivations for starting this thread is because 1796 has been a part of the same group that had used this forum to discredit what Robert Monroe and Bruce Moen taught, and to promote their form of Christianity. I have never seen Don, Dude (in recent times), Roger, or 1796 speak up for Bruce's teachings.

I care about the spiritual welfare of other people, and I care about the spiritual progress of this world. I believe that Bruce Moen has played an important role in helping positive changes take place. Therefore, it troubles me when people who seem to have no interest in Bruce's teachings, use this site for other reasons, and only speak of him when they try to discredit what he says.

Kathy, I have seen you defend Don etcetera, but not Bruce, so I can't say I understand why you are here. Justin and I speak up for Bruce and Robert Monroe, and instead of considering what we do, you throw stones at us because we had the audacity to speak up for Bruce. If you have more of an interest in Don's congregation than what Bruce started this site for, then perhaps you are not in the correct place.

Another thought, it is one thing to question a viewpoint or technique when you are open to considering an answer that differs from what you believe and understand, and quite another thing to bring up a subject when you have made up your mind and have no interest in considering  another possibility.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 6
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.