Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 
Send Topic Print
Manifesting vs Psychic Awareness (Read 6748 times)
Vicky
YaBB Administrator

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Colorado
Manifesting vs Psychic Awareness
Feb 6th, 2017 at 9:07pm

What are your experiences with manifesting something, like a specific object or a specific experience you wanted and then got it?  In this example, I mean manifesting to mean that you wanted it and then it happened.  Obviously we can do this in literal ways, like if I decide I need gas in my car, then I go to the gas station and fill it up.  But that’s not what I mean here.  I’m talking about something coming into being, coming into your life, or happening to you because you had a thought, wish, or desire for that specific thing. 

How did the thought of it come to you, and what did you do, if anything, to obtain it, and how soon did it happen?  Did you also have an element of psychic awareness about it?  How would you describe the feeling, like did you have a feeling of knowing without a doubt it would happen? 

I’m curious because I’ve had several distinct experiences with it, all things that seemed unlikely but happened very easily and quickly. 

I wonder what to call that, because it definitely falls into the category of psychic awareness but it seems more than that.  It’s also about manifesting.  Like for me, I know that if I had not taken action to pursue it, the thing would not have come into being.  These are things I definitely wanted very much.  (And my idea about it came first.  It wasn't like I had a psychic thought and then decided I want it.)  Sometimes there’s a definite crossover between feeling like it’s psychic awareness and feeling like it’s my own idea.  It’s like a perfectly balanced combination of the two, so much so that I can’t tell which happened first.  But usually the first thing I notice is an idea of something I desire to have, then a feeling as if it's definitely going to come true.  Then a feeling as if it's already happened, like it's already mine, beyond a doubt.  And sometimes I have no idea how or when it's going to happen, I just know that it is. 

I wish it was a feeling or state of mind that I could replicate on command. 

Author of Persephone's Journey (Amazon.com)

http://www.vickyshort.blogspot.com/
WWW 198267046870499  
IP Logged

rondele

ALK Member

Virginia
Re: Manifesting vs Psychic Awareness
Reply #1 - Feb 7th, 2017 at 10:11am

Hi Vicky-

Yes, I've had that experience. When it happened it was like nothing I could compare it to. What seems to be the trigger is the intensity of the emotion, for want of a better word. Intense desire for something good or intense fear of something bad are both equally effective.

Whatever force causes this has nothing to do with the character of the event. In other words it can be something positive or negative. Doesn't matter, the "force" doesn't care.

Like I said, it happened to me but only once. But it was so amazing that I'll never forget it. I actually manifested the very event I was most wanting, in an extremely intense way, not to happen. It manifested out of nowhere, and thankfully my wife was with me at the time and witnessed it. Otherwise I probably would have been questioning my sanity!

IP Logged

seagull
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Feb 7th, 2017 at 12:35pm

This might count as one. A few mornings ago I was ready to leave for work and realized I did not have my cellphone. I need to always have my phone with me because I am responsible for a family member. I was not leaving without it.

I had walked around once or twice and not seen it in my home so I began chanting nam-myo-ho-renge-kyo while I searched for the phone. I kept chanting as I circled around the place again. This time I saw the phone lying in a very unusual place in which I would not normally look for it. It had fallen from a place I usually do not put it, and it was somewhat hidden.

I think changing my method and manner of focus helped me to find what I was seeking.

IP Logged

rondele

ALK Member

Virginia
Reply #3 - Feb 7th, 2017 at 3:48pm

Interesting but not the same. The thing is, manifestation is not only rare but occurs only under intense emotional conditions. Something can actually appear where it didn't exist before. It's an extraordinary phenomenon.

R

IP Logged

seagull
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Feb 7th, 2017 at 5:10pm

So, are you saying there was something you wanted not to happen?

But, because you felt so strongly about it (or for a different reason), it did happen?

Would that be a kind of premonition, or would it be a kind of manifestation showing the power of visualization (be it positive or negative)?

IP Logged

rondele

ALK Member

Virginia
Reply #5 - Feb 7th, 2017 at 9:34pm

Yes, yes, and probably yes to 2nd half of your 3rd question. I wish I could find the book where this whole thing was discussed. In the case I mentioned, 3 objects (large) appeared where seconds before the scene was empty.

So were they there and neither of us saw them? No chance. We both had a clear sight line to where they appeared out of thin air. We both were stunned. Just prior to their appearance, I was feeling intense emotions...no...more like an intense conviction! that the objects I didn't want to see would somehow appear. It wasn't a desire, it was extreme apprehension fearing they would be there.

This is tough to explain and impossible to understand. Are there multiple earths where we shifted from one to the other? I could say it was some sort of illusion but my wife was a witness and she had no idea of the intense emotions I was experiencing just prior to the change of scenery. In fact I never told her. But it happened. Of that there's no question.

R

IP Logged

Vicky
YaBB Administrator

Colorado
Reply #6 - Feb 9th, 2017 at 4:23pm

Sorry I've been busy the past few days...

Anyway, Rondele do you mind sharing the whole story? Sounds intriguing!  And you're describing a phenomenon that I've experienced.

I have a couple great examples of materialization and dematerialization--to me meaning something was there then disappeared, then showed up again, or vice versa. 

(1)  I was at a friend's home with a group of women.  We were scrapbooking so we had all our materials laid out on a table.  When one woman, Judy, started packing up to leave she couldn't find her keys, which were a bulk of keys and several keychains, hard to miss.  The whole time we were scrapbooking I knew that Judy's keys were sitting in the middle of the table between her and me.  But when she couldn't find them, they were indeed not there anymore.  We searched everywhere and finally Judy had to unpack all her totes and bags and look through all her supplies.  Still couldn't find them.  She unpacked and repacked 3 times and became so frustrated she called her husband to come pick her up and had to just leave her truck there.  When she got home she was so perplexed and frustrated and didn't want to go to bed til she found them.  Her intense emotion was that the keys just HAD to be there!  So she opened her large tote box, took out the first item, a large zipper binder, opened it up, and there were her keys!  She said it made absolutely no sense because for one, she wouldn't have put them there and not seen them, and for another, the keys didn't actually fit.  She couldn't close and zip the binder again with the keys there because they were just too big and bulky!  She said it was as if the keys literally appeared there the moment she opened the binder.  To make it even more completely extraordinary was the fact that earlier that day at work I was reading a book by D. Scott Rogo called Beyond Reality, and the chapter I was reading was "Spontaneous Dematerialization".  After reading it I told myself that I'd have to have a direct experience with it in order to believe it.  "Indirect intention setting" has happened to me a lot and I agree with Rondele it definitely has to do with intense emotion.

Oh Rondele, weren't you the key player in proofing my book?  I'm sure you may remember the story of Judy's Keys.

(2)  Another example was when I misplaced a necklace I wanted to wear one morning.  I meant to put it on but was sidetracked and left the house without thinking about it.  Later, I couldn't remember where I'd put it.  When I got home from work I couldn't find it anywhere.  I knew this was an opportunity to make it manifest, so I tried it with great emotional intention of "I know it's here, and I want it!"  I was in my daughter's bedroom when I revved up that emotional intent, then I got up, walked out into the hall, into my bedroom, and right there on the floor in the middle of my bedroom was the necklace!  There's no way it had just been lying there all day and all evening with me walking over it and not noticing. 

I have a bunch of stories like that.  Some of them border on psychic phenomenon and are a slightly different topic than this. 

WWW 198267046870499  
IP Logged

Vicky
YaBB Administrator

Colorado
Reply #7 - Feb 9th, 2017 at 4:30pm

rondele wrote on Feb 7th, 2017 at 9:34pm:
Are there multiple earths where we shifted from one to the other? I could say it was some sort of illusion but my wife was a witness and she had no idea of the intense emotions I was experiencing just prior to the change of scenery. In fact I never told her. But it happened. Of that there's no question.

R

You should research the multiple universes theory.  You'll find a lot of takes on that. 

I think that this phenomenon easily happens for two people to witness because it's easy to be pulled into the reality of the person you're close to.

Reminds me of a book I have called Time Storms by Jenny Randles.  It's got those kinds of stories in it.  Darn, my copy is in storage.  I can't wait to move so I can be reacquainted with all my stuff again!  I'm in the process of looking for a house to buy!  It's just barely starting to be fun but still definitely in the frustrating stage  Roll Eyes  And yes, I'm definitely working on manifesting the perfect house for me.

WWW 198267046870499  
IP Logged

Vicky
YaBB Administrator

Colorado
Reply #8 - Feb 9th, 2017 at 4:43pm

Quote:
This might count as one. A few mornings ago I was ready to leave for work and realized I did not have my cellphone. I need to always have my phone with me because I am responsible for a family member. I was not leaving without it.

I had walked around once or twice and not seen it in my home so I began chanting nam-myo-ho-renge-kyo while I searched for the phone. I kept chanting as I circled around the place again. This time I saw the phone lying in a very unusual place in which I would not normally look for it. It had fallen from a place I usually do not put it, and it was somewhat hidden.

I think changing my method and manner of focus helped me to find what I was seeking.

Hi Seagull,

That's some kind of phenomenon, probably along the same spectrum as this.  In your case you used that chant to shift your awareness away from logical thinking and it opened you up to just happening to spot your phone just at that moment.  I'd say that is closer to along the lines of using your psychic senses, because it's really the same mechanics.  We all have the capability of using those psychic senses but it's not something we normally do, or now that we're doing.  But it really is a matter of shifting one's awareness.  Your chant seemed to be a mechanism that broadened your conscious awareness, drawing your awareness to the location of the cell phone.   

WWW 198267046870499  
IP Logged

rondele

ALK Member

Virginia
Reply #9 - Feb 9th, 2017 at 8:07pm

Vicky, if you google instant manifestation of objects, you'll see lots of websites that discuss this. I tried to order the  book you mentioned but the prices on amazon are outrageous! Better hold onto it, it's pretty valuable.

One thing that I recall from the book that I had (and can't find) was that whatever force that causes this doesn't care whether the outcome is negative or positive. If the intent is there, and if the belief accompanied by intensity is there, what is manifested can be for either a good or negative purpose.

I'm glad this topic was started. Looks like I've got a lot of reading to do!

R
ps- At some point I'll go into detail about my own experience.

IP Logged

Vicky
YaBB Administrator

Colorado
Reply #10 - Feb 9th, 2017 at 9:10pm

Ok thanks Rondele.  I'd love to hear it.

I completely agree with you about the force that fuels intentions.  It's one reason why I try not to dwell on feelings, thoughts, or worries that overwhelm me to the point of changing my beliefs and expectations.  It's like we give them life...those forces have a mind of their own!

WWW 198267046870499  
IP Logged

DocM

Reply #11 - Feb 10th, 2017 at 1:45pm

My take on manifestation of intent is a bit different.

The subconscious mind is like a fluid membrane, always in contact with our larger self and everything else.  The membrane is not a "thinking" device, but it is reactive, and prone to manifesting whatever is impressed upon it in the right way.  Whatever thought takes root in our subconscious, when coupled with belief and feeling (conviction), impresses itself on this subconscious membrane and then is brought into our reality.  Why is it then that our constant thoughts, wishes, etc. do not seem to manifest?  It is because it is not a thought coupled to true belief and conviction.  So, for example, if we want to win a lottery or contest, that is a desire.  But in order to manifest a thought, it must be accepted, believed, and then released through the subconscious membrane into the universe.  If we get cross chatter (doubt, worry, etc.) we often see nothing take root.  And that likely accounts for over 90% of our mental chatter. 

This is why healers, mystics and shamans have, for eons invoked the "seeing it as done technique" or giving gratitude for the healing before it happens mindset.  In order to manifest, you must couple the thought to belief/conviction/a certitude, and so these other techniques (imagining how you will feel when it happens - giving your loved one a hug, high five, etc.) can help to impress the intention on the membrane of the subconscious mind (reactive mind).

I have had striking success in manifesting several years ago, when under great stress, but for whatever reason, I have not used these techniques as much of late. 

M

IP Logged

rondele

ALK Member

Virginia
Reply #12 - Feb 10th, 2017 at 4:08pm

Matthew, one element at least in my one experience was visualization. While under intense emotional stress, I imagined the very thing happening that actually subsequently manifested.

What I still can't understand is how 3 large objects, which were definitely not there, suddenly materialized. Where were they "before"?

Another possible explanation- they were always there, but my extreme apprehension about not wanting them there caused me "not to see them". Only thing is that my wife, who didn't share my apprehensions (and didn't even know about them), didn't see them either but saw them after they appeared.

Could the intensity I was experiencing somehow bleed into her subconscious mind as well??

R

IP Logged

Justin
Ex Member

Reply #13 - Feb 10th, 2017 at 11:10pm

While I certainly believe all this is possible, generally I take a rather Buddhist like attitude towards it.

I think rather the greater wisdom lies in learning to say and really mean, "not my will, but the will of the Creative Forces be done".  I realize that often, I don't know what's best for myself or others, as I'm not consciously aware of all the relevant data. 

I figure if manifesting something serves a greater purpose, and if it's something important to be done, I'll be nudged to facilitate that kind of manifesting.

There's a few sources which indicate that human ability to materialize thoughts into physical being, was much more common and prevalent in times far past and not remembered, and that our reality and the rules of same, were deliberately limited.  Mainly because it was turned primarily towards destructive, hedonistic, and/or self serving ends. 

I was given a message that sort of relates to this a little while back. My spouse and I were hiking the Colorado trail this past summer, and at one point while going to sleep, I really strongly wondered why I was here more specifically and asked if I could be given a glimpse of why and what my probable path was.

I had a dream where my grandfather was pretty sick (as he is in real life, and I don't think he is going to be around much longer).  My grandfather wanted to feel well again, and expressed this desire to me. As I felt for him, I went deep within myself, opened more fully up to Source Consciousness and directed that flow to him.  The transformation was pretty amazing.  He looked like he had reversed some 30  years of age and was in glowing health. 

While he very much appreciated the help, he ended up deciding he didn't really want to be here anymore and wanted to leave the physical. I didn't know what to tell him, I didn't think I could "undo" the action.

I believe the dream had a couple different messages for me. One was a caution/pointer that the physical outside is not always what's most important or what brings fulfillment, and that it would have been probably wiser to have not facilitated healing in his case, despite his initial wishes to feel well and mine to not see him suffer. 

But I do think there is something to be gained in knowing how all this works, and that these things are certainly possible.  It's knowing where and when to apply these kinds of abilities that's the tricky part.  Abilities don't necessarily = wisdom/spiritual maturity and vice versa.  I believe most of us are here to try to increase the latter, both for our benefit and the benefit of the Whole.  There are times when they can and do overlap though, and that depends on our deeper intentions, the intentions of others, and other factors that tend to be more subtle and hidden. 

Before any attempt to manifest, it might be wise to tune in a bit deeper, and ask if it's helpful from the perspective of those purely Creative Forces/Consciousness(es) or not. If one is given the green light of go, then why not?  If one is cautioned, then it would be wise to listen.

IP Logged

Vicky
YaBB Administrator

Colorado
Reply #14 - Feb 10th, 2017 at 11:11pm

Rondele, you're story is so ominous and sinister!   Shocked

WWW 198267046870499  
IP Logged

Vicky
YaBB Administrator

Colorado
Reply #15 - Feb 10th, 2017 at 11:34pm

Quote:

I realize that often, I don't know what's best for myself or others, as I'm not consciously aware of all the relevant data. 

I often feel this way too Justin.  Sometimes it's easy to know what I want, but sometimes it's not because I know there's information I'm not aware of that might have an effect one way or another.  I try to rise above it and put myself in a place of trying to see the bigger picture, even if I can't see it, and just intend for the best outcome come to pass in the best way possible.  For me that means me getting out of the way and not causing obstacles or hiccups along the way.  I tend to want to plan and control everything to avoid causing problems but I think sometimes that is what causes problems. 

Anyway, what I had in mind for this topic was actually mainly about physical objects.  For instance, the latest one I did was I needed a new shoulder bag, one designed to carry papers but also having pockets and zippers.  I had a clear feeling and picture of its shape and style in my head and could really feel the energy of it, as if it was something I already owned.  I recognize this feeling to mean it IS something I WILL end up with.  I decided to stop at the Goodwill store after work.  My daughter and I had other errands and I decided to just nix the idea of the shoulder bag, thinking what if I don't find one anyway?  That's when I got a very strong feeling that I definitely do want to go to the Goodwill because the bag will be there.  So I told her I changed my mind, and we went.  I found the bag immediately and it was perfect, nice, clean.  I was so happily surprised that I got exactly what I wanted. 

I have that kind of luck with objects quite often.  I just think of exactly what I want or need and then get an idea of where to look, and I have the most uncanny luck.  Sometimes I don't know where to look but I happen to get a feeling, like a physical feeling, nudging me. 

But this is a good thread.  I like hearing everyone's take on this topic.

Smiley

WWW 198267046870499  
IP Logged

Justin
Ex Member

Reply #16 - Feb 11th, 2017 at 12:40am

Yeah, when it comes to little things and little objects like that, I don't think guidance tends to care too much one way or other as it's not something that affects us or others much in the grand scheme of things. 

I've had experiences like what you describe Vicky. 

I also believe that direct, instantaneous thought to physical manifestation is possible too.  Like if one was attuned enough, one could visualize an orange or the like, and it would appear right before you, and just as "real" as any orange you buy from the store or pick from a tree. 

The dream I mentioned earlier, seemed to be saying among various things, that such abilities may be part of my path later, and more specifically directed towards healing.

Sometimes I get the sense that many humans tend to be so set in their ways etc that sometimes the only way to get their deeper attention is through manifesting things which seem miraculous, but really aren't if you understand the principles behind it all. 

It seems that if one has a deeper message to get across, that one of the probable ways of getting others attention and focus on that deeper message, is to surprise/amaze them with manifestations and/or verification. 

It seems to be the method that Yeshua used when he was public.  Wow, dazzle, and surprise them, but then talk about/focus on what was really important, such as Love, service, ethics, etc.   

IP Logged

seagull
Ex Member

Reply #17 - Feb 11th, 2017 at 6:25pm

Well, honestly, it's not really my normal custom to chant when something happens like that, although I do occasionally chant. So, today I was working on a bicycle at home and had some tools out. My place is a mess because I was sick for a while and just didn't care. I was determined to take my dog on a ride in a basket and I was full of anticipation of what was ultimately quite a fun time later on. I misplaced some pliers. I looked around and couldn't find them. I was standing in the middle of the room. I began to chant nam-myoho-renge-kyo. The instant I began to chant I looked down. The pliers were at my feet. I chanted it just once. It was funny. I think the universe is hilarious.

It also reminds me when I was on a small airplane recently. It was a terrible takeoff and people were gasping and making considerable noise around me. We were tossing and turning for a long time and it was pretty extraordinary. However, I had begun silent meditation upon commencing takeoff. I was in a tremendously pleasant state. I found myself pronouncing loudly during my meditation, quite calmly, everything is going to be fine, emphasis on fine. I felt like I was in a protective bubble. I tell this story because one's mental/emotional state has such a lot to do with what is presented as one's reality.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.