Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Swedenborg Questions (Read 1013 times)
Oompapa

ALK Member

Swedenborg Questions
Sep 8th, 2016 at 7:15am

Hi guys

I've recently been quite taken with the writings of Swedenborg, a lot of it resonated with me. However, there are a couple of sticking points for me (so far!) and I hoped there might be a couple of Swedenborg experts out there who can answer my questions. Firstly, Swedenborg suggests that this is our only Earthly life. I kind of liked the idea of several lives and reincarnations particularly if you could do so on other planets (Danison talks of this - however I am no fan of hers). Also, what would be the point in say a baby living for a few days with little or no realisation of it's Earthly existence or worse still a still born baby. Is that really their only chance at life on earth? Also Swedenborg suggests the God allows some evils to happen and others not. One of the reasons being that good can come from those evils...eventually. I can't fathom how some evils, particularly against children, could ever be justified. And as such things seem to be on the increase, is God allowing more and more evil to happen as time goes on? I hope this makes sense and here's hoping there's a Swedenborg enthusiast amongst you. Thanks  Smiley

IP Logged

rondele

ALK Member

Virginia
Re: Swedenborg Questions
Reply #1 - Sep 10th, 2016 at 2:35pm

Oompapa-

Over the years there have been lots of ES discussions.  You could do a search first and get up to speed.  He certainly is controversial!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.