Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
some questions (Read 13356 times)
seagull
Ex Member

some questions
Jul 19th, 2016 at 7:13pm

How important is it to resolve your differences with others before you die? Is it ever too late?

How do our relationships proceed after this life when we enter the next?

If another life in a different body than in this life is possible (reincarnation), in *addition* to a distinct and individual afterlife for ourself in other realms, how does that work?

What happens to the relationship we have with an individual that we have reunited with in an afterlife in that case? Is it like ending a telephone call and picking it back up later?

IP Logged

Andrew

Contributor

USA
Re: some questions
Reply #1 - Jul 25th, 2016 at 5:12pm

Quote:
How important is it to resolve your differences with others before you die? Is it ever too late?

If another life in a different body than in this life is possible (reincarnation), in *addition* to a distinct and individual afterlife for ourself in other realms, how does that work?

What happens to the relationship we have with an individual that we have reunited with in an afterlife in that case? Is it like ending a telephone call and picking it back up later?

Hi,

I would say that it is quite important to resolve your differences with others while on the earth plane--that seems to be one of the principal purposes of our lives here. The earth is like a spiritual gym, and we incarnate to experience tough situations that will test our patience and our ability to love. Working through such challenges will result in spiritual growth.

After death we go through a process often called the "life review." We will have to review all our thoughts, intentions, and actions--at least, the ones that pertain to our spiritual growth--and we will then have to forgive everyone from our earth lives, including ourselves. When one considers that fact, it really does make sense to get a head start and begin forgiving others for their actions now!

(Most spirits say that forgiving earthly enemies and rivals is incredibly easy once they see things from an eternal perspective; forgiving oneself remains the true challenge. But no matter what sort of things we've done on earth, working on our own ability to forgive now can only help matters after we die. It's never to late to start!)

In the afterlife, we are reunited with those we love, and yes, we often simply carry on. Our relationships continue to evolve and grow as we experience new things, and we may at some point choose to incarnate again with some of the same people. Most of us belong to "soul groups," or small groups of individuals who are at roughly the same level of spiritual growth. Soul groups tend to incarnate together regularly, so that the various spirits can experience the human condition through different roles and genders with like-minded individuals.

I will also point out that love is all that binds us to one another in the afterlife. If we were associated with a person on earth only because of material ties, then we will not be required to be with that person in the hereafter. For example, those who enter into abusive relationships or marriages of convenience will likely be relieved to find that death has truly "done them part."

I like your telephone analogy. However, I will point out that it is not necessary to wait until you cross over to resume relationships with those on the other side. With modern technology, communication with the so-called dead has never been easier. I myself am one of several dozen ITC researchers working with the Dr. R. Craig Hogan on what is effectively a preliminary method of phone-like communication that can be used by those with no psychic ability whatsoever.

IP Logged

Alan McDougall

ALK Member

Johannesburg South Africa
Reply #2 - Jul 26th, 2016 at 7:28pm

Quote:

It is vital that we forgive those who have hurt or offended us during life and ask God to forgive us for doing the same to others

The truth remains the truth, no matter what we think the truth is, the truth is the truth regardless

IP Logged

sanatogen

Reply #3 - Jul 27th, 2016 at 12:26pm

I'd like to explore this topic myself, particularly as my father passed away in Christmas. Lucid Dreaming may end up being my chosen method to find out.

I've documented all my questions on this topic so far and will look to practise LD in order to communicate. It's getting beyond my current level of commitment in the here and know to make time.

It was interesting reading  Jurgen Ziewe account of speaking to his deceased mother and asking her when she last spoke to his father (also deceased). She mentioned that he was busy working on an art project. Jurgen later attempted to visit his father and was taken to a countryside house where a boy became aware of Jurgens presence and called him by his first name. It turned out this was his father reincarnated. So who was his mother talking to?

Perhaps it ties in some way to what Bruce writes in his books on different aspects of self.

IP Logged

sanatogen

Reply #4 - Jul 27th, 2016 at 12:26pm

I'd like to explore this topic myself, particularly as my father passed away in Christmas. Lucid Dreaming may end up being my chosen method to find out.

I've documented all my questions on this topic so far and will look to practise LD in order to communicate. It's getting beyond my current level of commitment in the here and know to make time.

It was interesting reading  Jurgen Ziewe account of speaking to his deceased mother and asking her when she last spoke to his father (also deceased). She mentioned that he was busy working on an art project. Jurgen later attempted to visit his father and was taken to a countryside house where a boy became aware of Jurgens presence and called him by his first name. It turned out this was his father reincarnated. So who was his mother talking to?

Perhaps it ties in some way to what Bruce writes in his books on different aspects of self.

IP Logged

Vicky
YaBB Administrator

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Colorado
Reply #5 - Jul 28th, 2016 at 12:46pm

Resolving differences in relationships is subjective to what each individual feels, what their expectations are, what their needs are at that time, and how much they choose to work on their own growth and development.  Many believe that "resolution" means their own needs are served as quickly as possible without regard to the other person's needs, or without considering the fact that un-resolved conflict may actually stimulate their own personal development simply by letting go and moving on with their lives.  I think we have this inherent belief that we need to move, grow, and agree on everything or else we're not "ok" with each other.

It's definitely ok to be in different places about beliefs about something without worrying whether we're messing something up on a spiritual level.  I think the problem most people have is that they think of themselves as being a singular awareness at any given moment and they associate that belief to what they believe must be their true being. 

I don't put too much stock in caring if something is resolved or not.  What I DO care most about is treating each moment as if it's the only moment that counts, therefore living with integrity, saying what I want or need to say, and being satisfied with how I feel. 

Feeling settled and resolved within myself is more important than trying to resolve differences in all of my relationships. 

I think how our relationship proceed into the next life will depend on how we feel when we get there.  Is it important to seek out someone, to reconnect, to spend time with them?  If it's something you both want than why not?  I think there's always going to be something that needs tending to on some level that we may not even be too consciously aware of, while at the same time we have things in the forefront of our awareness that we try to seek out and work out.  I think that's the nature of our being to do that.

Author of Persephone's Journey (Amazon.com)

http://www.vickyshort.blogspot.com/
WWW 198267046870499  
IP Logged

Bruce Moen
YaBB Administrator

YaBB Admin Land
Reply #6 - Sep 5th, 2016 at 12:00pm

Quote:

I find more importance in retrieving Aspects of Self from past and present lifetimes.

It's my feeling that when we fragment or split off parts of ourselves we become a less Whole Being.  And that at some point all of these parts of self (Aspects) must be retrieved.  I wonder at the distinct possibility that the purpose of reincarnation is to return to the level of Consciousness in which these Aspects were split off in order to retrieve them.

Bruce

IP Logged

Vicky
YaBB Administrator

Colorado
Reply #7 - Sep 5th, 2016 at 12:34pm

[/quote]

I wonder at the distinct possibility that the purpose of reincarnation is to return to the level of Consciousness in which these Aspects were split off in order to retrieve them.

Bruce

[/quote]

Bruce, I really like that viewpoint and belief.  It really resonates with me and makes sense because ultimately we are each responsible for our own spiritual growth.  If there ever was a reason to keep coming here that would be one that makes most sense to me. 

WWW 198267046870499  
IP Logged

Alan McDougall

ALK Member

Reply #8 - Sep 5th, 2016 at 6:45pm

Reincarnation and the philosophy of karma are myths and dangerous one at that.

The truth remains the truth, no matter what we think the truth is, the truth is the truth regardless

IP Logged

Alan McDougall

ALK Member

Reply #9 - Sep 5th, 2016 at 7:33pm

Vicky wrote on Sep 5th, 2016 at 12:34pm:

I wonder at the distinct possibility that the purpose of reincarnation is to return to the level of Consciousness in which these Aspects were split off in order to retrieve them.

Bruce

[/quote]

Bruce, I really like that viewpoint and belief.  It really resonates with me and makes sense because ultimately we are each responsible for our own spiritual growth.  If there ever was a reason to keep coming here that would be one that makes most sense to me. 

[/quote]

This is a few reasons I reject the concept of reincarnation and the philosophy of Karma.

http://www.impantokratoros.gr/dogma-reincarnation.en.aspx

True Christianity which I have embraced in these last few years of my already protracted lifespan of 76 years

According to the Christian faith, man is not uncreated and eternal, but a creation: not a result of God's substance, but the fruit of divine will and love. In the Old Testament, the distinction between the Maker and his creations is underlined, between the human and the rest of creation.

He who believes in karma and reincarnation sinks into his misery and does not hope. He does not seek a God, nor anyone from his surroundings.

He is expected to passively accept his state without 'attachment'. He cannot experience faith and gratitude for God's presence in his life.

Even if he refers to 'a law of grace', it is aimed at  mechanistic and automatic consequences of a blind law, and this is why he is called on to act without internal involvement, without 'attachment', as he claims. Nevertheless, man is by nature a communion of persons.

This is why the complete loneliness in which the dogma of karma and reincarnation immerses its believer constitutes an 'unnatural' state.

In the law of Karma good is rewarded in the life to come, and evil is punished. It is believed that everyone gets what he or she deserves in life. There is no mercy towards the less fortunate because it is believed that they had bad karma in their past life or lives.

We get the untouchables cruel cast system of India, from the belief in reincarnation and Karma.

Over here in South Africa where we have the largest community of people of Indian descent outside of India. A lady told me that this philosophy was evil and worse than Apartheid (Which be the way, means separate)

Alan

"What is reincarnation?"

http://www.godonthe.net/evidence/manylife.htm
Reincarnation is a core doctrine of many Eastern religions, such as Hinduism.  It is the belief that a single soul goes through many physical lives, that when a person's body dies, his soul enters a new body prior to that body's birth.  When that body dies the soul enters a third body, etc.
Eventually, the soul reaches Nirvana.

Buddhism believes this is accomplished by following the Eightfold Path to Enlightenment, and that when a soul reaches Nirvana the soul ceases to exist. (The idea of reincarnation is not limited to a single religion and the concept varies.  Technically, at least Tibetan Buddhism teaches that man does not have a soul.)

Hinduism believes that Nirvana involves a reunion with Brahm, the all-pervading force of the universe which Hinduism considers to be a god.  This is like a drop of water rejoining the ocean. The soul loses its individual identity when it rejoins Brahm but does not cease to exist.

Understand that a lot of "teaching" about reincarnation in the United States is "pop theology" thrown together from various TV shows such as Buffy the Vampire Slayer and horror movies and is simply the imagination of Hollywood scriptwriters, with no basis in any historical religious or philosophical tradition or belief system.

Only the human being is made 'in God's image'. His position in God's world is a position of authority, which according to God's plan translates into a position of responsibility and love on man's part towards all of God's creation. 

Based on this perception, man is indeed doomed to loneliness. He is deserted to his 'destiny' helpless. Nobody can change his fate, not himself, nor another person, not even God. He has substituted Divine Love and Divine Providence with karmic plans, which define events in his life just like episodes of a movie, which are projected from a machine onto a screen. In the end, what is written in the movie will be screened, irrespectively of how philanthropic or horrific the scenes of the 'movie' are which are played in each life.   

There is no injustice in reality. The ones who 'do us injustice' as we think, are only carriers of actions that, according to the 'scenario' of our life's movie, must take place, for our evolution's sake! If we endure without protesting, we will have learned our 'lesson' and in a future life we will advance in evolution! (self-evolution).

IP Logged

Vicky
YaBB Administrator

Colorado
Reply #10 - Sep 5th, 2016 at 9:17pm

Alan,

I know you like to stir up conversation, but I'm not going to get into religious discussions or debates.  I am not a Christian nor have any religious faith or beliefs.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion so there's no point in trying to discuss who is right and who is wrong.  I say "To each his own".

WWW 198267046870499  
IP Logged

seagull
Ex Member

Reply #11 - Sep 6th, 2016 at 2:23pm

Perhaps when an individual becomes whole that person finds that there are really no differences to resolve anyway. Perhaps they find that all is well, and all has always been well.

I find that when I am most whole, most at peace, most relaxed, that there is no problem. Not at all. It seems to be a matter of focus.

However, to grow, it seems that we must create problems to solve. There would be no stressors, nothing to push back against or to play with, if there were no problems to solve.

But, again, there is really no problem. When I remember how temporary my perspective as a human being here on earth actually is, there is really no problem.

It is true that pain can feel real. But, when it is over, how real is it? It floats away.

IP Logged

Vicky
YaBB Administrator

Colorado
Reply #12 - Sep 7th, 2016 at 12:34am

That is so true Seagull.  Our life here is just a blink of an eye compared to the perspective of the whole of our Being.  I think the pain and problems we have are only necessary for as long as we decide we need them.

WWW 198267046870499  
IP Logged

Alan McDougall

ALK Member

Reply #13 - Sep 7th, 2016 at 5:08am

Vicky wrote on Sep 5th, 2016 at 9:17pm:
Alan,

I know you like to stir up conversation, but I'm not going to get into religious discussions or debates.  I am not a Christian nor have any religious faith or beliefs.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion so there's no point in trying to discuss who is right and who is wrong.  I say "To each his own".

Without a little stirring between members, there would be nothing to debate. If we all thought and believed exactly alike, the forum would have to close shop forever.

And lastly are you not a seeker of truth are you positive what you believe it accurate?

Alan

IP Logged

Vicky
YaBB Administrator

Colorado
Reply #14 - Sep 7th, 2016 at 10:33am

Alan McDougall wrote on Sep 7th, 2016 at 5:08am:
Vicky wrote on Sep 5th, 2016 at 9:17pm:
Alan,

Without a little stirring between members, there would be nothing to debate. If we all thought and believed exactly alike, the forum would have to close shop forever.

And lastly are you not a seeker of truth are you positive what you believe it accurate?

Alan

Why do you believe it's necessary to debate religion?  The purpose of this forum, in my opinion is mainly sharing and finding like-minded thinkers for support and helping each other learn.  Being open-minded aids in growing, learning, and sharing.  Debating about religion serves no purpose other than being entertainment for those who like to do so.

I choose to be ok with people being of many different backgrounds of belief and religion.  For instance, my dad was a very religious man, a preacher in fact, but despite our differences in belief about religion we could share our beliefs and experiences with each other and often found we were speaking about the same thing but each just using his own belief-framed terminology.  Dad has even visited me several times since his death in 2010...and according to my mom, Christians don't believe in making contact after death.  Oh well.  I believe what I experience  Wink

Yes I do consider myself a seeker of truth, which is exactly why yes, I am positive that what I believe is accurate.  It is what's true for me because of what I've  personally experienced.  It has nothing to do with what I've read, or debated, or what someone convinced me is true. 

I'm not bragging in saying this, but I've had countless OBEs, two of which were seeing my past lives, and I've also had an NDE.  But despite all that I am still seeking and searching and wanting even more answers and experiences.  I think that's what I'm here for in this life. 

I'm a follower of Bruce's work because we've have a lot of similar experiences and beliefs, and because I've learned so much from him that I've been able to apply to several areas of my life.  Actually the least of it has been about doing Retrievals, which I admit I don't have a lot of experience with.  But I've had some, so for that reason I do believe it.

Vicky

WWW 198267046870499  
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.