Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
some questions (Read 13411 times)
recoverer

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Re: some questions
Reply #30 - Oct 3rd, 2016 at 11:42am

Thank you for saying so. There are people who do spirit release therapy that help earthbound spirits move on. There is also what Carl Wickland wrote in "30 Years Amongst the Dead. The spirit who was helped spoke through Mrs. Wickland's body and Carl would speak to such spirit and convince it to move on to the light. Other people have used the same method. I read an NDE account and afterwords the person who had the NDE would help stuck spirits by merging with them.

Gman wrote on Oct 3rd, 2016 at 2:50am:
Recoverer. Good to see you back posting! There are many other books that deal with the Rescue work of Earthbound Spirits and those from the lower afterlife realms, which Monroe/Moen call Afterlife Retrievals. GMan 

IP Logged

recoverer

Reply #31 - Oct 3rd, 2016 at 11:43am

I don't know the precise history of the term retrieval. Robert Monroe used to retrieve aspects of himself, so perhaps this is the term's origin.

rondele wrote on Oct 3rd, 2016 at 11:14am:
http://www.encyclopedia.com/doc/1G2-3403803849.html

Actually "rescue" is a more relevant term.  To retrieve someone or something is to bring them back from where they came.

To free souls who are unable to find their way is more accurately described as a rescue.

R

IP Logged

seagull
Ex Member

Reply #32 - Oct 7th, 2016 at 6:49am

It is good to hear some familiar voices here on this thread.

I found this article today about some positive research findings on psychics who hear voices. Apparently, psychics may be able to help to understand certain kinds of mental illness. There is a noticeable difference in how psychics relate to the voices they hear and people who have a disorder.

http://news.yale.edu/2016/09/27/psychics-help-psychiatrists-understand-voices-ps...

IP Logged

Vicky
YaBB Administrator

Colorado
Reply #33 - Oct 7th, 2016 at 11:36am

Hi Seagull,

Interesting topic on hearing voices.  I think it could be true that some schizophrenic people are hearing and responding to real voices but don't know how to distinguish them from what's part of their illness.  When I was going to college and rode the public bus, a young man who is saw everyday would sit there conversing with someone no one could see.  I began talking with him and he would carry on quite normally with me and was very pleasant.  In talking with him I learned that he knows he has mental issues, and he rides the bus going to and from psychiatric therapy.  He said that he cannot distinguish between real people and those who are not really there, so he just treats everyone the same, with kindness and graciousness.  He truly was a very genuinely kind person.  I thought it was fascinating.  His conversations with whoever else he was talking to were quite real sounding, pleasant, and normal.  So I don't know what to think.  Perhaps not all of the voices he hears are illness... some are, but it could be his illness also allows him to perceive on levels most of us cannot.

I myself have heard a voice that tells me things, which I've come to realize is the voice of my Guidance.  It's rare, I wish it happened more, but I'm now no longer afraid of it.  Yes, when it first began I thought I was having mental issues!  But what I hear is positive, helpful advice about things I couldn't possibly know through normal means of perception.  It tells me of things from the near future or across the miles, things I can't possibly know, so as they become verified I've learned I can trust it.  I know it is just part of how my psychic ability works. 

Sometimes when I'm doing retrieval or other nonphysical contact experiences I hear voices from those I'm in contact with.  To me it's just another way to perceive.  Truly fascinating!

Author of Persephone's Journey (Amazon.com)

http://www.vickyshort.blogspot.com/
WWW 198267046870499  
IP Logged

recoverer

Reply #34 - Oct 7th, 2016 at 12:01pm

When I hear the voice of a spirit it usually seems quite clear I am hearing something other than my own thoughts. This is so because I can often sense a presence behind the voice that is one other than my own.

Regarding sensing a presence, one time I was in my backyard feeding birds and squirrels, and I felt a presence to my right. I looked there and saw an orb about the size of a beachball.

There have been occasions where I would be lying in bed, I'd feel something enter my house by where my living room is, and I'd feel this presence (spirit) move to where I am in my bedroom.

It helps that some of these voices told me things I didn't know about that I could verify later. On three occasions they told me ahead of time that an earthquake was going to take place, and then on each occasion one took place.

IP Logged

Vicky
YaBB Administrator

Colorado
Reply #35 - Oct 7th, 2016 at 3:08pm

You and I have such similar experience Albert!

WWW 198267046870499  
IP Logged

recoverer

Reply #36 - Oct 8th, 2016 at 11:59am

Hello Vicky. I don't think you meant the earthquake part.

Vicky wrote on Oct 7th, 2016 at 3:08pm:

IP Logged

Vicky
YaBB Administrator

Colorado
Reply #37 - Oct 8th, 2016 at 7:53pm

recoverer wrote on Oct 8th, 2016 at 11:59am:
Hello Vicky. I don't think you meant the earthquake part.

Vicky wrote on Oct 7th, 2016 at 3:08pm:

Nope, we don't have everything in common that's for sure.  Just a lot of similarities in the way we experience things.

WWW 198267046870499  
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.