Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
This forum is dying, it up to you to save? (Read 7397 times)
Alan McDougall

ALK Member

Johannesburg South Africa
This forum is dying, it up to you to save?
Jul 17th, 2016 at 8:47pm

It seems this forum is dying?  Cry

Come back and save it by posting a few questions?

Alan

The truth remains the truth, no matter what we think the truth is, the truth is the truth regardless

IP Logged

seagull
Ex Member

Re: This forum is dying, it up to you to save?
Reply #1 - Jul 19th, 2016 at 7:20pm

This forum can never die. It is eternal.

IP Logged

Andrew

Contributor

USA
Reply #2 - Jul 25th, 2016 at 5:19pm

Alan McDougall wrote on Jul 17th, 2016 at 8:47pm:

Alan

Hi Alan,

I can certainly relate to this! I am one of the administrators on Afterlife Forums, and we experience the same problem there. New members seem to find us after the death of a loved one; they often find the answers to their questions and then leave again, so we have very few regular, contributing members. I think that's quite typical behavior in this field of research.

However, what I have found is that we do have a substantial "lurkership"--lots of people find our website, and even though many of them never join or post, they do read our conversations and learn about the afterlife. I mention this because I suspect that the same is true here. Even if few people are posting new content, Afterlife Knowledge is likely a vital resource to lurkers.

IP Logged

Alan McDougall

ALK Member

Reply #3 - Jul 26th, 2016 at 7:25pm

Quote:
This forum can never die. It is eternal.

Silly comment only God is eternal without beginning or end!

The truth remains the truth, no matter what we think the truth is, the truth is the truth regardless

IP Logged

Bruce Moen
YaBB Administrator

YaBB Admin Land
Reply #4 - Sep 5th, 2016 at 11:37am

Alan McDougall wrote on Jul 26th, 2016 at 7:25pm:

Alan,

Easy to say, difficult to understand.  The way you've stated it seems to imply that things (like this forum) and perhaps people too have an existence separate from God.  All my explorations beyond the limited perspective of this reality we call physical have led me to the opposite conclusion.  For me God IS the existence of All (apparently) separate "others."

It's a worn out way to put it, but a droplet of water in the Ocean can only have a separated existence from within its own, limited, perspective of being a droplet.  From an expanded perspective there is no droplet, just an Ocean.

Bruce

IP Logged

Alan McDougall

ALK Member

Reply #5 - Sep 5th, 2016 at 12:38pm

Bruce Moen wrote on Sep 5th, 2016 at 11:37am:
Alan McDougall wrote on Jul 26th, 2016 at 7:25pm:

Easy to say, difficult to understand.  The way you've stated it seems to imply that things (like this forum) and perhaps people too have an existence separate from God.  All my explorations beyond the limited perspective of this reality we call physical have led me to the opposite conclusion.  For me God IS the existence of All (apparently) separate "others."

It's a worn out way to put it, but a droplet of water in the Ocean can only have a separated existence from within its own, limited, perspective of being a droplet.  From an expanded perspective there is no droplet, just an Ocean.

Bruce

Bruce, I disagree God would not allow evil beings, of the likes of the cannibal, Jeffrey Dahmer, Ted Bundy, Adolf Hitler, Pol Pot, Joseph Stalin and all the other depraved reprobate despots to enter "His Kindom"

Bundy would go back to the corpses of the young woman he had raped and murdered and have sex with tier rotting bodies, is he in your all-embracing great ocean?

The ocean you mention just not exist, other than in your imagination!

And Almighty God is not a great ocean, but the Supreme Being. And we are his creation and are separate from Him.

I say this in humour, I would not want to swim around in an ocean polluted by the hideous depraved, minds, thoughts and hideous acts, of these evil things, that do not deserve to be called human beings and are in reality monsters, rather than people.

Let the Light Of Truth Shine on you!

Alan

IP Logged

Alan McDougall

ALK Member

Reply #6 - Sep 5th, 2016 at 1:03pm

Andrew wrote on Jul 25th, 2016 at 5:19pm:
Alan McDougall wrote on Jul 17th, 2016 at 8:47pm:

Alan

Hi Alan,

I can certainly relate to this! I am one of the administrators on Afterlife Forums, and we experience the same problem there. New members seem to find us after the death of a loved one; they often find the answers to their questions and then leave again, so we have very few regular, contributing members. I think that's quite typical behavior in this field of research.

However, what I have found is that we do have a substantial "lurkership"--lots of people find our website, and even though many of them never join or post, they do read our conversations and learn about the afterlife. I mention this because I suspect that the same is true here. Even if few people are posting new content, Afterlife Knowledge is likely a vital resource to lurkers.

Hi, Andrew, I went to your forum , but no matter what spelling used to correct the spelling error part of the registration it was always rejected as incorrect.

Alan

IP Logged

Bruce Moen
YaBB Administrator

YaBB Admin Land
Reply #7 - Sep 5th, 2016 at 2:58pm

Alan McDougall wrote on Sep 5th, 2016 at 12:38pm:
Bruce, I disagree God would not allow evil beings, of the likes of the cannibal, Jeffrey Dahmer, Ted Bundy, Adolf Hitler, Pol Pot, Joseph Stalin and all the other depraved reprobate despots to enter "His Kindom"

Alan

I guess it's just a thing you and I will not agree upon.  My experience leads me to believe that the Supreme Being (God) you describe created everything and everyone the ever existed, exists, or will exist.  I can understand that one's beliefs, formed within the limited perspective of physical reality, might lead one to believe that evil characters cannot be creations of their God.  But, if God did not create them, who did?  Did some other "Evil God" create them?  If that is the case, doesn't that mean that are two Supreme Beings, not One?

IP Logged

Alan McDougall

ALK Member

Reply #8 - Sep 5th, 2016 at 6:43pm

Bruce Moen wrote on Sep 5th, 2016 at 2:58pm:
Alan McDougall wrote on Sep 5th, 2016 at 12:38pm:

Alan

I guess it's just a thing you and I will not agree upon.  My experience leads me to believe that the Supreme Being (God) you describe created everything and everyone the ever existed, exists, or will exist.  I can understand that one's beliefs, formed within the limited perspective of physical reality, might lead one to believe that evil characters cannot be creations of their God.  But, if God did not create them, who did?  Did some other "Evil God" create them?  If that is the case, doesn't that mean that are two Supreme Beings, not One?

I never said almighty God did not create the beings I mentioned, of course, he created everything that exists.

But these people were all born in a clean state and a free will to choose evil or to choose goodness, righteousness and holy life.

They chose evil and will not enter Gods Kingdon in Heaven or your imaginary great ocean.

IP Logged

seagull
Ex Member

Reply #9 - Sep 6th, 2016 at 2:49pm

It is my belief that the examples of unpleasant occurrences/personalities designated as separate/apart from a "God" which consists only of goodness are states of being. We can exist in a multitude of states of being in one lifetime here on earth. It is simply too black and white to claim that person, place or thing is "just that" and "not this" -- it is not true.

If you fell asleep and had dreams in which you did things that you now disapprove of doing, would you blame yourself for a dream over which you had no control? I doubt that you would do that. You might think to yourself that you would like to avoid having that particular dream in the future, wouldn't you?

But, you wouldn't go to a doctor and demand that the doctor fix you immediately so that you would never dream again, would you? Some of your dreams are very beautiful, aren't they?

IP Logged

seagull
Ex Member

Reply #10 - Sep 6th, 2016 at 7:27pm

Related to the idea about many states of being, imagine that you (the you here on earth) were not all of who you really are. You might be part of a larger version of who you are, which you actually Must be, because as you step into the future you expand into it. So, the real you is like a multilayered room, in which there are textiles, hard surfaces, appliances, lighting, different moods, entrances, exits, atmospheres, etc. You may tidy this room from time to time, but it has a life of its own. Just like yourself.

Therefore, to reject an aspect of the whole is like rejecting yourself. You are of one piece. In essence, it is very reassuring to live with a belief system in which you are not responsible for the entire picture, in which you only contribute to the whole, which in actuality is very much like a kalaidescope (spelling?), with rotating prisms and quite a lot of beauty amid the chaos. Wouldn't you say?

IP Logged

Berserk2

Reply #11 - Jan 26th, 2017 at 3:07am

Just returning after an absence of a few years caused by a virus my computer somehow contracted when posting here.  I have accordingly asked Peer Moderators to change my nick and password to a new nickname and password that I specified.

I prefer a constructive dialogue focused on afterlife related experiences.  But I am an ex-religious studies professor and a recently retired United Methodist minister.  I share this because I would like Bruce and new veteran posters to identify topics or threads they would like me to start.  I have strong opinions and, as those who remember my posts over the years can attest, my posts often sparked vigorous controversy.  But I'd much rather respond to your interests and take initiatives that are appropriate for the current denizens of this site.  So any guidance you share would be appreciated.  As old time posters will also recall, I have experienced and been exposed to countless psychic experiences.  I am hoping to attend TMI this summer.

IP Logged

Alan McDougall

ALK Member

Reply #12 - Jan 26th, 2017 at 4:44am

Berserk2 wrote on Jan 26th, 2017 at 3:07am:
Just returning after an absence of a few years caused by a virus my computer somehow contracted when posting here.  I have accordingly asked Peer Moderators to change my nick and password to a new nickname and password that I specified.

I prefer a constructive dialogue focused on afterlife related experiences.  But I am an ex-religious studies professor and a recently retired United Methodist minister.  I share this because I would like Bruce and new veteran posters to identify topics or threads they would like me to start.  I have strong opinions and, as those who remember my posts over the years can attest, my posts often sparked vigorous controversy.  But I'd much rather respond to your interests and take initiatives that are appropriate for the current denizens of this site.  So any guidance you share would be appreciated.  As old time posters will also recall, I have experienced and been exposed to countless psychic experiences.  I am hoping to attend TMI this summer.

I am baffled as to how and why I have been allowed back onto the forum.

Bruce and I had a serious fallout and he banned me from his forum in no uncertain way, however, if he forgives me I promise to behave myself in future and contribute fruitfully!

Alan

IP Logged

rondele

ALK Member

Virginia
Reply #13 - Jan 26th, 2017 at 9:55am

Hi to Don and Alan. Now if Kathy and Matthew and some other old timers return it'll be like the good old days. You too recoverer!

R

IP Logged

2bets

ALK Member

SE USA
Reply #14 - Jan 28th, 2017 at 6:33pm

Hello,
Smiley  Not to worry, Alan --

Whenever I 'lurk," I see a goodly number of 'guests' here, 27 at present. 'Guest' doesn't necessarily mean they are strangers. Sometimes people don't sign in because they don't have anything to add to particular discussions. And even on a slow day, there are at least five or six discussion boards here to check, which takes some time and thought.

Another reason for not signing in for awhile is that when going through big changes one might not want to be identified with their past posts. That's sort of what happened to me. Thanks in part to the guidance of posters here I no longer have the fears that used to motivate me. I'd like a fresh start, please.

There's still no where else like this place/site that I can find. People who post here are thoughtful and kind. Many thanks to Bruce and all you who do post for making it so.

bets

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.