Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Do we really have a free will? (Read 8519 times)
Alan McDougall

ALK Member

Johannesburg South Africa
Do we really have a free will?
May 23rd, 2016 at 4:02am

Do we really have a free will?

Some scientist say no, the Christian religion says yes, some philosophers say yes, and other say no.

Are our futures determined by free will or is our whole existence controlled by the universe or some supreme being?

What do you say?

Alan

The truth remains the truth, no matter what we think the truth is, the truth is the truth regardless

IP Logged

recoverer

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Re: Do we really have a free will?
Reply #1 - May 27th, 2016 at 11:03pm

Since we live moment to moment, we always do, as long as we don't let our psychological conditioning get the best of us.

IP Logged

Gman

Reply #2 - May 28th, 2016 at 12:14am

recoverer wrote on May 27th, 2016 at 11:03pm:
Since we live moment to moment, we always do, as long as we don't let our psychological conditioning get the best of us.

Agreed! Recoverer. Just writing about your initial post on this subject matter, Alan, it tells me you also have free will. If not, your post would have been censored or deleted by the higher beings above via their agents below 
« Last Edit: May 28th, 2016 at 1:57am by Gman »  

IP Logged

Alan McDougall

ALK Member

Reply #3 - May 28th, 2016 at 10:11am

The question then begs what is a moment , because just when we think we have reached it, it is already in the past?

We do no jump from moment to moment in discrete steps, it is more like being on a river called time flowing smoothly into the future.
« Last Edit: May 28th, 2016 at 3:46pm by Alan McDougall »  

The truth remains the truth, no matter what we think the truth is, the truth is the truth regardless

IP Logged

recoverer

Reply #4 - May 28th, 2016 at 12:03pm

We always exist "now" even when we think of the past and future.

Alan McDougall wrote on May 28th, 2016 at 10:11am:

The question then begs what is a moment , because just when we think we have reached it, it is already in the past?

We do no jump from moment to moment in discrete steps, it is mole like being on a river called time flowing smoothly into the future.

IP Logged

Alan McDougall

ALK Member

Reply #5 - May 28th, 2016 at 4:03pm

Back to my question "Do we have a free will, my answer is "No"!

We only have partial free will for example, our freedom even on earth is restricted by laws of the land, so to speak.

Alan

IP Logged

recoverer

Reply #6 - May 28th, 2016 at 10:59pm

I don't think in terms of being able to do whatever I want regardless of the consequences. I think in terms of being free to act according to love and wisdom as best as circumstances allow.

Alan McDougall wrote on May 28th, 2016 at 4:03pm:

We only have partial free will for example, our freedom even on earth is restricted by laws of the land, so to speak.

Alan

IP Logged

Alan McDougall

ALK Member

Reply #7 - May 28th, 2016 at 11:21pm

recoverer wrote on May 28th, 2016 at 10:59pm:
I don't think in terms of being able to do whatever I want regardless of the consequences. I think in terms of being free to act according to love and wisdom as best as circumstances allow.

Alan

Nice answer I could not agree more?

Alan

IP Logged

Gman

Reply #8 - May 29th, 2016 at 1:21am

Alan

Alan, I could not dismiss your claims that we have no free will!?...So I googled up the 2 words, "Free Will", and read the Wikipedia article on Free will..This search answered all my questions on free will... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Free_will

IP Logged

Alan McDougall

ALK Member

Reply #9 - May 29th, 2016 at 9:59am

Gman wrote on May 29th, 2016 at 1:21am:

Alan

Alan, I could not dismiss your claims that we have no free will!?...So I googled up the 2 words, "Free Will", and read the Wikipedia article on Free will..This search answered all my questions on free will... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Free_will

That is a huge paper on free will, which they do not answer in the article!

IP Logged

Gman

Reply #10 - May 29th, 2016 at 11:48pm

Alan McDougall wrote on May 29th, 2016 at 9:59am:

Alan

OK Alan. So what is your personal paper on free will as you seem to have all the answers, as a self-proclaimed mystic in one of your recent posts here!??
« Last Edit: May 30th, 2016 at 12:59am by Gman »  

IP Logged

Gman

Reply #11 - May 29th, 2016 at 11:54pm

Gman wrote on May 29th, 2016 at 11:48pm:

Alan

OK Alan. So what is your personal paper on free will as you seem to have the all the answers, as a self-proclaimed mystic in one of your recent posts here!??

"I am a mystic

I consider myself a mystic with what Christians call the gifts of the Spirit or in non-religious terms a psychic. Other people who have also had near death or mystical otherworldly experiences, have asked me why each account seems to differ so much from person to person."

Your words in a recent post!?

IP Logged

Alan McDougall

ALK Member

Reply #12 - May 30th, 2016 at 12:03am

Alan

OK Alan. So what is your personal paper on free will as you seem to have the all the answers, as a self-proclaimed mystic in one of your recent posts here!??

We have partial free will, you can kill your neighbor and God will not stop you.

You do not have a free will to do exactly what you might want to do, because if what you do is wrong according to the law, you will be punished in some way or the other.

If we have high, intrinsic, moral and ethical valued we would not have a free will to murder someone.

For every act or failure to act during our earthly mortal journey we will account for at Gods great Judgement Seat

I AM A MYSTIC PERIOD

IP Logged

Alan McDougall

ALK Member

Reply #13 - May 30th, 2016 at 12:04am

Gman wrote on May 29th, 2016 at 11:54pm:

Alan

"I am a mystic

I consider myself a mystic with what Christians call the gifts of the Spirit or in non-religious terms a psychic. Other people who have also had near death or mystical otherworldly experiences, have asked me why each account seems to differ so much from person to person."

Your words in a recent post!?

Yes that is an exact statement of who I am!

IP Logged

Gman

Reply #14 - May 30th, 2016 at 12:15am

Alan McDougall wrote on May 30th, 2016 at 12:03am:

Alan

We have partial free will, you can kill your neighbor and God will not stop you.

You do not have a free will to do exactly what you might want to do, because if what you do is wrong according to the law, you will be punished in some way or the other.

If we have high, intrinsic, moral and ethical valued we would not have a free will to murder someone.

For every act or failure to act during our earthly mortal journey we will account for at Gods great Judgement Seat

I AM A MYSTIC PERIOD

"I AM A MYSTIC PERIOD"...Bravo and Congratulations, Alan

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.