Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
NDE,are they true afterlife episodes? (Read 5870 times)
Alan McDougall

ALK Member

Johannesburg South Africa
NDE,are they true afterlife episodes?
May 21st, 2016 at 7:30pm

Do you think the countless near death experiences really reflect the reality of the afterlife, or are they colored by personal belief such as religious expectation?

For instance,  the "Being of Light" who most take as Jesus, how can he be present at the same time or moment at the deaths or near death experiences of countless people,   crossing over, so to speak?

Alan

The truth remains the truth, no matter what we think the truth is, the truth is the truth regardless

IP Logged

Bruce Moen
YaBB Administrator

YaBB Admin Land
Re: NDE,are they true afterlife episodes?
Reply #1 - May 21st, 2016 at 9:29pm

Alan,

Quote:
Do you think the countless near death experiences really reflect the reality of the afterlife, or are they colored by personal belief such as religious expectation?

From my experience I'd say some NDEs are actual afterlife encounters filtered through the perception, beliefs, expectations and preconceived notions of the afterlife.   

Quote:
For instance,  the "Being of Light" who most take as Jesus, how can he be present at the same time or moment at the deaths or near death experiences of countless people,   crossing over, so to speak?

Living within physical reality gives us the illusion of it only being possible to be in one place at any given instant of time.  However, it is my own personal experience that no such limitation exists within nonphysical reality.  I can be in many different nonphysical places simultaneously and have been, veritably.  It should be a very simple matter for an Adept like Jesus to be in multiple places at once.

Also, I know that it sometimes happens that when a Helper or a Light Being approaches a person that person's beliefs, etc. create an overlay that makes it look like that person's conception of Jesus.  This can also make it appear that Jesus is in more than one place at a time.

Bruce

IP Logged

Gman

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Reply #2 - May 21st, 2016 at 11:51pm

Bruce Moen wrote on May 21st, 2016 at 9:29pm:
Alan,

Quote:

From my experience I'd say some NDEs are actual afterlife encounters filtered through the perception, beliefs, expectations and preconceived notions of the afterlife.   

Quote:

Living within physical reality gives us the illusion of it only being possible to be in one place at any given instant of time.  However, it is my own personal experience that no such limitation exists within nonphysical reality.  I can be in many different nonphysical places simultaneously and have been, veritably.  It should be a very simple matter for an Adept like Jesus to be in multiple places at once.

Also, I know that it sometimes happens that when a Helper or a Light Being approaches a person that person's beliefs, etc. create an overlay that makes it look like that person's conception of Jesus.  This can also make it appear that Jesus is in more than one place at a time.

Bruce

Thanks Bruce for that!...I believe there are a multitude of negative Afterlife or Astral Impersonator's(earthbounds)who are passing themselves off as, your guides/angels, spiritual adepts, prophets, and other higher beings, such as Jesus, Buddha, Mohammad, and others   

IP Logged

Alan McDougall

ALK Member

Reply #3 - May 23rd, 2016 at 3:55am

Bruce Moen wrote on May 21st, 2016 at 9:29pm:
Alan,

Quote:

Quote:

Bruce

Bruce I agree that Jesus could interact with billions of souls at the same time,    not because he is just one adept of many,  but because he is Almighty God,  who fragmented part of himself,   to take on human form for a tiny flash within the vastness of eternity.

Only people who have died in the absolute really know what is on the other side of death and the reality of the afterlife, I agree, with you that most NDE reflect the expectation of about the belief system of that particular person.

"(By the way Bruce are my present posts up to standard?)
"

Alan

The truth remains the truth, no matter what we think the truth is, the truth is the truth regardless

IP Logged

recoverer

Reply #4 - May 28th, 2016 at 2:46pm

Paul Elder, P.M.H. Atwater and Dave Oakford all had NDEs where they first met a being of light other than Jesus, asked about Jesus and were introduced to him, and were quite impressed with Jesus' presence.

In these cases it seems as if something other than interpreter overlay took place.

IP Logged

Alan McDougall

ALK Member

Reply #5 - May 28th, 2016 at 3:59pm

recoverer wrote on May 28th, 2016 at 2:46pm:
Paul Elder, P.M.H. Atwater and Dave Oakford all had NDEs where they first met a being of light other than Jesus, asked about Jesus and were introduced to him, and were quite impressed with Jesus' presence.

In these cases it seems as if something other than interpreter overlay took place.

What is Jesus,s prime attribute, what makes him absolute unique?

Alan

IP Logged

seagull
Ex Member

Reply #6 - Jun 2nd, 2016 at 5:57pm

Regarding the original question, I believe that many initial experiences remembered in near death experiences are only the beginning of an actual afterlife and many do contain very subjective visions. The afterlife is a journey, just like this life. Many of us will find ourselves in surprising circumstances. Some of those circumstances may not be pleasant. But, it is clear that if we ask for help it will come. It may not come in the form that we expect, and that is certainly okay.

We can have more control, I believe, by having a better understanding of our own nature while here in this life. With sufficient practice in any form of meditation, we can alter our circumstances in the afterlife by changing our own perspective ourselves. But, the afterlife is a seemingly fluid environment and we will all need help to learn to navigate within it.

Therefore, I consider it a strength to learn how to ask for help in this life. Learning how to change our perspective, emotionally and mentally, from the heart, appears to be an extremely valuable skill that we can take with us when we cross over. But, it is something we can also learn in the next life.

IP Logged

Alan McDougall

ALK Member

Reply #7 - Jun 2nd, 2016 at 11:26pm

Quote:
Regarding the original question, I believe that many initial experiences remembered in near death experiences are only the beginning of an actual afterlife and many do contain very subjective visions. The afterlife is a journey, just like this life. Many of us will find ourselves in surprising circumstances. Some of those circumstances may not be pleasant. But, it is clear that if we ask for help it will come. It may not come in the form that we expect, and that is certainly okay.

We can have more control, I believe, by having a better understanding of our own nature while here in this life. With sufficient practice in any form of meditation, we can alter our circumstances in the afterlife by changing our own perspective ourselves. But, the afterlife is a seemingly fluid environment and we will all need help to learn to navigate within it.

Therefore, I consider it a strength to learn how to ask for help in this life. Learning how to change our perspective, emotionally and mentally, from the heart, appears to be an extremely valuable skill that we can take with us when we cross over. But, it is something we can also learn in the next life.

Maybe those on the other side, prepare a scene similar to the expectations of the person who has just died.

By this they arrange for the arrivals too enter a "Virtual Reality, not based on what is really factual in the afterlife..

This is too ease them into the afterlife realms, because the actual reality of the afterlife, is simple not what most people expect it to be, especially fundamentalist religious people imagine it is?

IP Logged

Gman

Reply #8 - Jun 3rd, 2016 at 3:18am

Quote:

Great answer Seagull!

IP Logged

Andrew

Contributor

USA
Reply #9 - Jun 4th, 2016 at 1:28am

Alan McDougall wrote on May 21st, 2016 at 7:30pm:

Alan

Hi Alan,

My answer is very similar to Bruce's response above. My own research into the phenomenon of near-death experiences suggests that the experiences are often affected by the experiencer's beliefs and preconceived ideas of death. Those who have NDEs do not seem to go the Summerland, which is the general afterlife region where the majority of us will find ourselves after death. For this reason, I would say that near-death experiences do not objectively reflect the nature of the afterlife--this is also why they are not of particular interest to me.

(However, it should be noted that death itself is a highly-individualized process. Those who ardently believe in a specific type of afterlife often find themselves after death in what is referred to as a "hollow heaven"--an illusory afterlife region designed to fit their preconceived notions of heaven. I suspect that NDEs occur in regions similar to hollow heavens.)

As Bruce said above, time and space do not exist in any objective manner. In the lower levels of the afterlife, there does seem to be space and a flexible sort of time, but the dead are slowly weaned off these fictitious concepts as they develop spiritually. The higher spheres have neither. So, it should be more than possible for a highly-advanced being like Jesus to be in various places at once. The afterlife literature suggests, however, that the majority of people who are greeted by Jesus on their death beds are actually seeing helper beings who have come to guide them away from the earthbound plane.

IP Logged

Alan McDougall

ALK Member

Reply #10 - Jun 4th, 2016 at 6:27am

Andrew wrote on Jun 4th, 2016 at 1:28am:
Alan McDougall wrote on May 21st, 2016 at 7:30pm:

Alan

Hi Alan,

My answer is very similar to Bruce's response above. My own research into the phenomenon of near-death experiences suggests that the experiences are often affected by the experiencer's beliefs and preconceived ideas of death. Those who have NDEs do not seem to go the Summerland, which is the general afterlife region where the majority of us will find ourselves after death. For this reason, I would say that near-death experiences do not objectively reflect the nature of the afterlife--this is also why they are not of particular interest to me.

(However, it should be noted that death itself is a highly-individualized process. Those who ardently believe in a specific type of afterlife often find themselves after death in what is referred to as a "hollow heaven"--an illusory afterlife region designed to fit their preconceived notions of heaven. I suspect that NDEs occur in regions similar to hollow heavens.)

As Bruce said above, time and space do not exist in any objective manner. In the lower levels of the afterlife, there does seem to be space and a flexible sort of time, but the dead are slowly weaned off these fictitious concepts as they develop spiritually. The higher spheres have neither. So, it should be more than possible for a highly-advanced being like Jesus to be in various places at once. The afterlife literature suggests, however, that the majority of people who are greeted by Jesus on their death beds are actually seeing helper beings who have come to guide them away from the earthbound plane.

Hi and a very warm welcome to our forum!

Now your post was excellent, however, I do not like the idea of reincarnation, it just makes no sense to come back as a baby..........................> Adult again, etc, etc.

IP Logged

Andrew

Contributor

USA
Reply #11 - Jun 4th, 2016 at 6:34pm

Alan McDougall wrote on Jun 4th, 2016 at 6:27am:

Now your post was excellent, however, I do not like the idea of reincarnation, it just makes no sense to come back as a baby..........................> Adult again, etc, etc.

Thanks for your message!  Smiley

Personally, I do believe that something like reincarnation occurs--there is sufficient evidence of that in my opinion--but what part of my previous post was suggestive of reincarnation to you? I've read over what I wrote again, and I don't see anything that touches upon that particular subject.

IP Logged

Alan McDougall

ALK Member

Reply #12 - Jun 4th, 2016 at 7:29pm

Andrew wrote on Jun 4th, 2016 at 6:34pm:
Alan McDougall wrote on Jun 4th, 2016 at 6:27am:

Thanks for your message!  Smiley

Personally, I do believe that something like reincarnation occurs--there is sufficient evidence of that in my opinion--but what part of my previous post was suggestive of reincarnation to you? I've read over what I wrote again, and I don't see anything that touches upon that particular subject.

You are right no mention of reincarnation in your post thus I retract my response and apologise!

Alan

IP Logged

Andrew

Contributor

USA
Reply #13 - Jun 5th, 2016 at 1:41am

Alan McDougall wrote on Jun 4th, 2016 at 7:29pm:
You are right no mention of reincarnation in your post thus I retract my response and apologise!

Alan

No worries--I just wanted to make sure that I wasn't missing something.

Thanks again for the warm welcome!  Smiley

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.