Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
What is reality? (Read 2218 times)
Alan McDougall

ALK Member

Johannesburg South Africa
What is reality?
May 18th, 2016 at 9:26pm

From my own writings not from internet!

Greetings people, I write about an new and enhanced way of how to perceive reality!

Until now, neuroscientists assumed that the processes leading up to conscious perception were rather rigid and that their timing did not vary .     This flexibility and dynamism of the human brain and the variations between the brains of different individuals as well as the non psychical part namely the mind or soul; I believe exists, has led my to explore ways of overcoming the barriers of human sensory perception.

The aim of my research and experiments using myself as the subject, is/was to find ways and means to re-energize and restore lost sensory perception and hugely enhance normal healthy human sensory perception.      This might be achieved by substitution between senses using synaesthesia, an ability I believe most people could develop and which I will explain in latter chapters of this paper.

The universe is full of mysteries that challenge our current knowledge.

What is reality?

The capacity of human sensory organs such as, the eye for sight, ear for sound, nose for smell, skin for touch, tongue pallet/nose for taste, are very limited and can easily be fooled.        It is true that we humans are the most highly intelligent sentient beings on our planet and due of our relatively huge brains, were able to invent and perfect many artificial means and methods of increasing the range and sensitivity of our five senses, far beyond the barriers of the average capacity.

What we perceive is not a true reflection of reality.      In fact, the brain makes best guesses about the outside world from surprisingly limited source of information.      Research shows the brain reconstructs the rich tapestry but not correct of what we sense and experience from bits of scattered input data.

The reality we perceive us is a but a tiny fraction of the entire environment surrounding us, because the Universe or evolution has designed us to only react or act only to very specific impulses, which are essential to sustain us as a viable and successful species on planet earth.      In this we are not special and these limitations of evolution effect other animal species as well.

We are internally programmed to perceive only within a narrow band and very limited range what truly surrounds us.       Due to these embedded limiting sensory capacities and ingrained factors, we only respond to sensory signals, that are essential for our continued survival, as a viable sentient species on planet earth.

The Frog

As an comparison with the above paragraph.    Lets examine the life of a frog, although its eye sends host of visual messages to the cortex of its brain, its brain ignores most of them as redundant, because just in the manner of humans, it is likewise programmed to react only to the movement or vibration of its food source, which is mostly insects.      The frog is not concerned with the detail of stationary objects of the world around it.      He will starve to death surrounded by food if it is not moving.     His choice of food is determined only by size and movement.

Another example of this is the security metal detector gate found in most airports, it will only beep when it senses metal and let any other object pass through.

You decide.

Just because it’s all in your head, doesn’t mean it’s not real.
“Reality” is often defined by differentiating the physical state of things (as they “actually exist”) from the concept of those things (as they exist in our minds).     Consciousness is thus viewed with mistrust in judging reality.    But can reality be judged without consciousness?

Another dimensional plane may be the true reality, whereas this three-dimensional world we observe may be a projection, like a holograph, from that “real” dimension, according to a theory proposed by some physicists today.

Something We All Agree to Be Real?

In the fictional, totalitarian society of George Orwell’s “Nineteen Eighty-Four,” if the political powers that be say 2+2=5, then that’s reality. Anyone who says 2+2=4 is wrong.

While this may seem like a clear violation of an irrefutable truth, that 2+2=4, to what extent do we do this as a society in more subtle ways?

Humans collectively engage in fiction.    The value ascribed to a piece of paper—a dollar bill, for example—is not a hard, fast reality. But it is our daily reality.

Another dimensional plane may be the true reality,     whereas this three-dimensional world we observe may be a projection, like a holograph, from that “real” dimension, according to a theory proposed by some physicists today.

The most recent edition of Philosophy Now magazine asks the question “What Is the Nature of Reality?”

It discusses a problem that arises when we base our concept of reality on our collective agreements: “Promises, agreements, treaties are real only so long as they can be trusted.     Some plans and commitments are called unreal because we know they will come to nothing.”
“The illusion comes when we confuse the reality we experience with the physical reality, the thing-in-itself.”

— Peter Russell

Peter Russell—who studied mathematics and theoretical physics at Cambridge University before switching his focus to experimental psychology and is now a faculty member of the Institute of It is sometimes said that our image of reality is an illusion, but that is misleading.    It may all be an appearance in the mind, but it is nonetheless real—the only reality we ever know.   

Any comments?

Alan

The truth remains the truth, no matter what we think the truth is, the truth is the truth regardless

IP Logged

Gman

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Re: What is reality?
Reply #1 - May 19th, 2016 at 10:57pm

Hi Alan. I think it was either Spooky2 or Recoverer, mentioned all those years ago, that we are living in a shared reality here and now, in our present state of physical, mental, and emotional  consciousness   

IP Logged

Alan McDougall

ALK Member

Reply #2 - May 20th, 2016 at 1:00am

Gman wrote on May 19th, 2016 at 10:57pm:
Hi Alan. I think it was either Spooky2 or Recoverer, mentioned all those years ago, that we are living in a shared reality here and now, in our present state of physical, mental, and emotional  consciousness   

There has been suggested by some scientist of excellent standing that we might exist in a computer simulation or matrix created by some much higher super advanced race or even God, I do not believe this, however.

Reality is subjective, don,t you think Gman?

For instance do you perceive color exactly the way I do, or is your green my green, if you could get inside my head look out of my eyes at what was to you in your head a green object, you might see it as vivid blue.

So long as it is consistence it makes no difference, the green traffic light of your perception will always be vivid blue in my perception and we will both know it is OK to drive through or across the road safely!

The truth remains the truth, no matter what we think the truth is, the truth is the truth regardless

IP Logged

Gman

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Reply #3 - May 20th, 2016 at 3:49pm

Alan McDougall wrote on May 20th, 2016 at 1:00am:

There has been suggested by some scientist of excellent standing that we might exist in a computer simulation or matrix created by some much higher super advanced race or even God, I do not believe this, however.

For instance do you perceive color exactly the way I do, or is your green my green, if you could get inside my head look out of my eyes at what was to you in your head a green object, you might see it as vivid blue.

So long as it is consistence it makes no difference, the green traffic light of your perception will always be vivid blue in my perception and we will both know it is OK to drive through or across the road safely!

I also don't believe we are living in some sort of Matrix or Computer Simulation. Our perceptions are personal to us in our shared physical reality, but when we see a green light at the traffic lights, I believe others see it at green also. Colors have their own personal frequency, so others with normal sight see the same color as I do.

I also believe in other realities like the afterlife realms we go too when we shed our physical body. I also believe there may be other physical type universes, such as the multiple Earths theory, that we don't perceive with our physical eyes or scientific instruments, but those people living there are living a physical type life just as we do here, and they have their own afterlife realms also. Science fiction or science fact?

IP Logged

Alan McDougall

ALK Member

Reply #4 - May 20th, 2016 at 10:44pm

Gman wrote on May 20th, 2016 at 3:49pm:
Alan McDougall wrote on May 20th, 2016 at 1:00am:

I also don't believe we are living in some sort of Matrix or Computer Simulation. Our perceptions are personal to us in our shared physical reality, but when we see a green light at the traffic lights, I believe others see it at green also. Colors have their own personal frequency, so others with normal sight see the same color as I do.

I also believe in other realities like the afterlife realms we go too when we shed our physical body. I also believe there may be other physical type universes, such as the multiple Earths theory, that we don't perceive with our physical eyes or scientific instruments, but those people living there are living a physical type life just as we do here, and they have their own afterlife realms also. Science fiction or science fact?

Our physical bodies are just the clothes of our spirit or soul while we exist in this physical earthly plane.     After which we shed them and take on immortality in a non-physical ethereal type non-physical body that never deteriorates and continues to exist in higher or lower planes, depending on our activities in this life, whether good or bad.    There are rewards and punishment for our activities as mortal beings on this school we call life on planet earth.

As for the Multiverse that is unproved speculation, however, why should God just create just one universe, he might be creating continually an infinity of universes, because he is "Infinite in all things"?

Of course, if you do not believe in God then you must explain "Why there is something and not nothing"?

Alan

IP Logged

Alan McDougall

ALK Member

Reply #5 - May 20th, 2016 at 11:16pm

Here is an example of what I mean by reality being different at different realms such as this experience of the afterlife by me.

It related to colors and color perception?

Cerulean clouds of energy rolled and merged changing into colors I had to find new names for such as, aubergine, incarnadine and green- viridity, gladeen, misord, bladgreed, blueploom, surgrrezeing, astromosterdram, these words for some of these colors just entered my mind and I remembered then for this document.

Alan

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.