Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print
Love is (Read 25940 times)
DocM

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Re: Love is
Reply #45 - Apr 18th, 2016 at 1:58pm

Roger,

Not sure why you put "doctor" in parenthesis, you can just call me Matthew.  I like my screen name, and don't use it for any reason other than it suits me and I started off with it.  If it was meant as a dig, I forgive you.

As to the 9/11 posts, I have not read them.  I still see no reason to use an insult, even if you find someone's theory disgusting.  Obviously, some conspiracy theories are outrageous.  Some posts on this board are outrageous.  Say so (or don't), but use the moderator system if you feel it is justified. 

There is no need to insult someone personally.  Whether a person has any personality flaws should not enter into a discussion as it demeans both the person and the person giving the insult.  I still contend that there is always another way in a forum discussion.

Once can say that someone's argument is ridiculous to me, or doesn't make sense, is simplistic, misses the point, etc. That is different.  I'm sure when I'm passionate about a topic I may cross the line sometimes too.  But it is not right, and I try to be mindful of it. 

"Doc"

IP Logged

Rondele
Ex Member

Reply #46 - Apr 18th, 2016 at 3:13pm

Doc- If I accused you of being a mass murderer (i.e. you were behind the 9/11 attacks), that is not a mere insult.  It is repugnant and disgusting.  So if you responded by calling me a couple of choice adjectives, that would hardly be equivalent to the crime I accused you of.

R

IP Logged

Justin
Ex Member

Reply #47 - Apr 18th, 2016 at 5:07pm

1796, i can only look back at the last 40 posts in your total posting history.  You have been here since December of 2013. Between these, this would make it very difficult to pinpoint your old post(s) which talked about this issue. 

In any case, i don't need to, as what you recently said, if a person reads between the lines, says plenty about your position.   

So doesn't the following, Quote:
"Homosexuality should be allowed but it should not be encouraged i.e. by making it sacrosanct - beyond criticism.

Very gracious of God's special messenger to allow homosexuality. 

As far as encouraging it?  Why does it matter one way or the other?  First off, for the huge majority of people, it's a inborn thing that a person knows and feels since very little. Actually talk to some folks whom are gay, and you will learn this very quickly.   

2nd, there is absolutely nothing ethically, or morally wrong whatsoever, about adults of the same gender engaging in consensual sexual, romantic, and/or long term relationship interactions. 

So it doesn't matter how many people do or don't do it, and it should be beyond criticism, and frankly, unless it affects you directly, it's no concern of yours at all.

Also, people that are gay, don't and really can't "convert" others to be gay.  The only time any kind of influence happens, is when an adult unethically molests a child, and people that are gay and who have not been molested themselves, do not go around molesting minors.   

Where is the holistic logic or love in any thing you have said regarding this subject? 

IP Logged

recoverer

Reply #48 - Apr 18th, 2016 at 5:07pm

Roger:

I can understand why you and other people get upset when people consider alternative explanations for the 911 events.

Perhaps if you considered the intentions of people who do, you wouldn't consider it necessary to loathe them so much.

A cruise missle into the Pentagon? I haven't researched that theory, but it does seem questionable. I won't come to a definite conclusion without researching the matter.

Some say airplanes didn't crash into the Twin Towers, rather holograms were used. I haven't researched this subject in depth, but going by the videos I watched, the multiple angles provided, and other information, it seems as if airplanes did crash into the Twin Towers.

One thing that makes it so I am willing to question, is the way in which three towers collapsed as if controlled explosins took place. I'm not an engineer and I don't know how the towers were designed, but it seems strange to me that fires on the upper levels of the towers could cause the collapses that took place.  Some engineers do not believe this possible. Plus there are other factors, such as thermite found at the site, and George W. Bush saying he saw a plane crash into a tower on TV, before such an event was aired.

I tend to be liberal minded, but not to a fanatical extent where I would do something such as believe everything somebody such as Bill Maher says.

People often think to extremes. Some people believe just about every conspiracy theory that is out there. Some people close their minds to just about anything that challenges the status quo. Perhaps there is a way that is closer to the middle.

This world has a long history of numerous people doing really negative things. This includes people that present themselves in a way that seems positive. If it is possible for there to be people in countries other than the United States who act without pure motives, then it is possible for there to be this kind of people within the United States. When I say this I even have members of the Democratic Party in mind.

Perhaps there are some people who understand that it is important to speak out about possible wrong doings. To vilify such people, will perhaps that sort of way leads to dictatorships where freedom of speech doesn't exist. It reminds me of when people would speak against President Bush during the early stages of the Iraq war. When the citizens of a country lose the freedom to speak up about possible unnecessary wars and other things, well then that country is in trouble.

If a President isn't able to handle being spoken of in a perhaps overly negative way (such as how the Republican Party speaks of Obama), then perhaps such a person shouldn't become President.

rondele wrote on Apr 18th, 2016 at 3:13pm:
Doc- If I accused you of being a mass murderer (i.e. you were behind the 9/11 attacks), that is not a mere insult.  It is repugnant and disgusting.  So if you responded by calling me a couple of choice adjectives, that would hardly be equivalent to the crime I accused you of.

R

IP Logged

Justin
Ex Member

Reply #49 - Apr 18th, 2016 at 5:23pm

Rondele, again i invite you to actually debate the issue of 9/11 and the facts and evidence around same, in the Off Topic section. 

This is not the place for it. You are the one going off topic with this. 

And while i would be more than happy to debate you re: that issue, i have a condition.  No indirect or direct ad hominem attacks, but actual point by point discussion of the various accepted facts and evidence. Either you or i will bring up specific evidence and facts, and we have to logically explain these according to our viewpoints. If you support the official story according to the authorities, then all evidence and facts brought up, need to be specifically countered concisely and in a holistically logical, internally consistent way.   

Last time, you did not do the latter at all, but solely engaged in the former. I will bump that thread up so that others can see for themselves. 

Do we have a deal?  Or, are you only capable of engaging in ad hominem attacks such as now? 

IP Logged

seagull
Ex Member

Reply #50 - Apr 18th, 2016 at 6:41pm

Thank you.

For your presence.

Love

understands.

IP Logged

Reply #51 - Apr 19th, 2016 at 4:37am

Quote:
Thank you.

For your presence.

Welcome.

Thankyou seagull.

IP Logged

seagull
Ex Member

Reply #52 - Apr 19th, 2016 at 7:37am

Thank you.

For your presence.

It is easy

to love.

IP Logged

Reply #53 - Apr 19th, 2016 at 7:57am

Alan McDougall wrote on Apr 19th, 2016 at 7:23am:
1796 wrote on Apr 19th, 2016 at 4:37am:
Quote:
Thank you.

For your presence.

Welcome.

Thankyou seagull.

What are you thanking him for he said the exact same thing some posts ago and it remains meaningless

He is not present with us, but remote sitting at his computer keyboard.

Maybe we should compensate for his lack of comprehension?. Roll Eyes

he he he, just letting you know the seagull is a woman Alan.

And a nice one too. She even puts up with me.

IP Logged

seagull
Ex Member

Reply #54 - Apr 19th, 2016 at 6:52pm

Thank you.

For your presence.

Love laughs -- at itself!

So funny!

IP Logged

Ralph Buskey

Brick Township, NJ
Reply #55 - Apr 19th, 2016 at 11:22pm

Quote:
Thank you.

For your presence.

Love laughs -- at itself!

So funny!

Greetings Seagull

I just read all of this post and enjoyed it. I like the way you kept inserting positive comments reminding others as to why it was started in the first place.    Smiley

First comment on what Justin wrote: Quote:
   One of the big, consistent human dilemmas, and why i so often speak on and stress the importance of balancing and merging these both within ourselves and within the larger society/culture. 

The most expanded teachers, will be those that have a complete integration/merging of the Yin and Yang within themselves like Bob Monroe's "He/She".  And He/She definitely has a sense of self and it's own unique individuality.

I've had a couple of guidance dreams, which made the point of showing that we retain our individuality and self awareness, however much we expand. 

One dream involved me meditating outside while looking at the Sun, and merging with the Sun.  The super expanding sensation was at first almost frightening and i thought i might lose my self/sense of self and i initially resisted the process.  But then i chose to let go and let it happen, and found out that i was still me after the process, but a much more expanded version of myself.

I appreciate your posts more than anyone else on this conversation board, as they make a lot of sense to me. The above quote follows what I believe and have experienced in life while during this physical incarnation.

I can easily relate to the He/She writings in Bob Monroe's books as I kind of have a physical head start on that. Besides being transgendered (feeling like a woman trapped in a man's body), I think I may have chimerism, which is having both male and female DNA. Currently I can't afford the test to confirm this. I try my best though to keep a Yin and Yang balance in acceptance of both my male and female side. Earlier in life I thought of this as a curse keeping me from being accepted as a normal person in society. The last several years I have decided to consider this as a gift giving me better insight of life from a wider understanding and perspective than those who have a male or female viewpoint only.

When you said Quote:
One dream involved me meditating outside while looking at the Sun, and merging with the Sun.
it reminded me of my solar meditations where I would look in the direction of the sun. Then after a short while, my eyes would be protected by a dark disc blocking almost all of the bright light around the center of the Sun, allowing me to look directly at it without causing eye damage. Besides preventing eye damage, I eventually improved my eyesight from 20/30 vision to perfect vision. One time during the winter while staring at the Sun, I felt extra heat emanating towards me and it actually melted snow on a lawn table in front of me causing it to drip water onto the ground.

As for what Rondele / Roger wrote, I like to stay out of politics. I know you have your mind made up about what occurred on 9/11/2001, but I implore you to further research. What DocM / Matthew wrote is the truth. He probably did a lot of research about what happened that day (as have I since day one) and doesn't rely on what propaganda news is spinning for the masses to accept. For one thing, cell phones were physically incapable of working on those planes at altitude on that date, therefore your neighbor couldn't have possibly made a call. Also, I have studied pictures showing the Pentagon as having a tiny hole in the building at the precise location that housed the records of the missing 2 trillion dollars that a day or so before Donald Rumsfeld told a congressional committee were missing due to  computer glitch (how convenient) and all of the important personnel just happened to be at the other end of the Pentagon that day (how lucky for them). I know many things about that day but just mentioned a few relevant FACTS to give you food for thought. Here is a quick link among many that you could find through proper research and I'll leave it at that: http://911research.wtc7.net/mirrors/killtown/penta_lawn.htm

I have many other things to say for this thread but I'm already getting too long winded. Thank you seagull for starting this post, even though everything in it but what you wrote is totally unrelated.    Smiley

Ralph

Ralph Buskey Ralph Buskey  
IP Logged

Justin
Ex Member

Reply #56 - Apr 19th, 2016 at 11:42pm

Thank you Ralph. 

Judging by his consistent behavior and types of posts here, i don't think Roger is particularly interested in facts, much like most of the folks that are on, or that watch, Fox news, aren't interested in facts and evidence.  They do like engaging in personal attacks of others though, because it brings a temporary rush/high based on the illusionary belief that they had some power over/on others.

It's what Tom Campbell might call, seeking the lowering of entropy through negative/limited means. 

IP Logged

Rondele
Ex Member

Reply #57 - Apr 20th, 2016 at 8:03am

This is a good example of how your hatred of anyone with political views other than your own distorts your judgment, not to mention your comprehension.

The frantic cell phone calls I referenced were from our neighbor to her husband, before the plane hit the Pentagon.  The route was from Reagan airport in VA to the Pentagon, a short distance in the state of Virginia.  But you say it's impossible because cell phones were unusable after the other two planes hit the WTC.

Listen carefully....Virginia is approximately 200 miles from NYC.
Cell phones worked here.  Can you grasp that?  And I'm supposed to engage in a discussion about your "facts" that show the whole thing was an inside job?  And if a missile hit the Pentagon, tell me what happened to the passengers booked on that flight?  Where are they?  And how were they all intercepted before getting to the airport?  Large blue  birds flew them away?

The two of you should get a one way ticket on that vehicle that goes to the center of the earth.  Enjoy the view.

R

IP Logged

seagull
Ex Member

Reply #58 - Apr 20th, 2016 at 11:53am

Thank you.

For your presence.

Love lets go.

(I will now close this thread. If others wish to continue it that is their choice.

This forum has become a place of constant arguments and personal attacks at this time. I will take a break from reading any posts for as long as I please. Goodbye, all.)

IP Logged

Justin
Ex Member

Reply #59 - Apr 20th, 2016 at 4:46pm

True PUL type Love endures. 

This Love stands in the storms and spreads centeredness, positivity, and logic.  It speaks to higher ideals and walks the walk in the face of adversity and challenge.

PUL type Love stands up to those bullying or purposely trying to mislead others. 

PUL type Love accepts people as they are, warts, shadow and all and doesn't seek to cut off all interaction/communication because the young ones are behaving badly, as younger ones are apt/prone to do (unless the situation is really extreme).    

PUL type Love, and real helper types, try to get through to people, even when it doesn't seem like people can be reached. 

PUL type Love finds the humor even in the ugly situations.   

Yin retreats or indirectly attacks/provokes.  Yang directly fights/attacks.  Somewhere in the middle, in the blend, the extremes meet and one neither fully retreats nor truly attacks, but a balanced expression/interaction happens.

Love is so much more than the huge majority of humans think it is.  And above all, among humans, the completeness, the balance, the perfection of Love can be found so far, only in one example, one name, one life.  And if that life is examined objectively, one will see all the above examples of PUL type Love expressed.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.