Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Send Topic Print
Love is (Read 25935 times)

Re: Love is
Reply #15 - Apr 16th, 2016 at 11:28am

Forgiveness is part of love. It is the same as love. The difference between love and forgiveness is only in how love is directed or what love is directed to.

Forgiveness is that part of love that we can direct towards things distasteful. Forgiveness is what enables us to love in all directions. 

God's love is forgiving.

There is no sin so great that it cannot be forgiven.

God gave man freewill to make mistakes and learn and grow, and God knew beforehand all the sins that would be committed, all the errors man would make along his freewilled journey.

Repentance is the presentation of our sins to God. It is presenting our self to God, as we are, in full acknowledgement of our sins. And in request for forgiveness. 

Repentance enables God's light to shine into every dark and horrid corner of our being, and clean and lighten our self.

In repentance there is no sin that God will not forgive.

Although God's life is in all things, his spirit animates all things, is within us, we cannot keep it out, for it animates our soul, but by not repenting we keep out God's forgiveness which is God's love, we keep a part of our self away from God, we make a barrier that keeps God's love and light out of our self.

Repentance enables forgiveness to come into our self. It is like opening a cupboard door to let the light shine in. It is like inviting a cleaner into our house and showing the cleaner all our dark and dirty places, the places we are ashamed of, and then the cleaner cleans them. But if we invite the cleaner into our house and only show her the cleaner parts to clean but keep the dirty rooms and cupboards locked, then she cannot clean those places and leaves the house only part clean. But if we show her all the dirty places she will clean them and leave our house clean right through.

Repentance is our opening up to God, is showing God our wrong and dark and dirty places. Forgiveness is the cleaning and relieving light that then comes in.     

Forgiveness is relief. It relieves the weights of guilt and shame, and the ailments that accompany them. It frees us from the darkness and blindness of denial and irresponsibility, and enables us to see clearly within and without of our self.

All prayer commences with repentance. Repentance lets in God's light, right into our being, even into the darkest places to lighten them. Repentance brings connection and honesty between our soul and God. 

The nature and workings of repentance and forgiveness are the essential teachings of Christianity.

IP Logged

Ambivalent
Ex Member

Reply #16 - Apr 16th, 2016 at 12:43pm

1796, pretty good Aussies say, but I am not and this is both beautiful and powerful writing.

IP Logged

seagull
Ex Member

Reply #17 - Apr 17th, 2016 at 2:50am

Thank you.

For your presence.

Love is all that matters.

It is the clear path.

IP Logged

Reply #18 - Apr 17th, 2016 at 3:45am

Alan McDougall wrote on Apr 16th, 2016 at 11:16pm:
I agree with what you wrote and it was a beautiful post full of truth, except just this one point you made

There is no sin in repentance that God will not forgive.Jesus warned that "If you hurt one of my little ones it would be better for you that you were never born (He is talking to paedophiles)

Jesus also said there is a sin for which there is no forgiveness, in this life or the next.

Thus, I am believing what Jesus said about the matter, not you!

1. Being better if not born does not equate with not being forgiven. Being better if a boy had not gone to school one day, rather than had gone to school and done some awful wrong, and perhaps even get expelled, does not mean he would not be forgiven by his father.

2. Yes, blasphemy the only unforgivable sin is another issue. I might put up a post on that, but maybe not, it might be too long.

3. Our words seem incompatible but underneath I don't think we disagree. It is like a venn diagram of two circles, one inside the other. But yes, do believe what Jesus says, not me. I don't want anyone believing me just because I say something. But if it rings true to them, and fits with their own best judgement, and works for them, then they are welcome to make it their own.

IP Logged

Reply #19 - Apr 17th, 2016 at 7:29am

Alan McDougall wrote on Apr 15th, 2016 at 12:14pm:
Almighty Gods love is conditional, he does not love pedophilic cannibalistic child molesters, for instead, he hates them!

In South Africa where I live these monsters have come up with a supposed cure for AIDS. Rape a baby as early in its  existence, preferably younger than three months old, which in the process are torn in half by these monsters, so please stop saying, God, love is just unconditional which is nonsense.

Is it not enough just to rape a little baby to ensure the cure is permanent they must also eat its title body as well Don't, believe me, the google it for yourself?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/africaandindianocean/southafrica/13621...

It seems difficult to forgive some things. But like anything, it is easy when we know how to do it, and how it works, what it does, and why it works, and when we want to do it because we understand its benefits, and when we have understanding of how and why such unpleasant things occur, why people do what they do.

We need to study freewill and forgiveness to understand them, in order to bring them together for others, their freewill and our forgiveness. As with any study, we must put in time and effort and practice.

Some things make forgiveness easier for us to do.

One thing is a sincere apology; an apology that contains responsibility for what was done, and
acknowledgement of the effects of what was done, and humility. But that is not present often, and we must learn to forgive without it.  

Another thing is understanding of freewill and how and why people do what they do.

And another thing that enables us to forgive is the method Jesus demonstrated when being killed on the cross, when we have no strength to do it, is to ask God to forgive on our behalf. It must be a genuine request, of course, we have to want God to do it.          

IP Logged

Reply #20 - Apr 17th, 2016 at 8:23am

Matt 18: 4"Whoever then humbles himself as this child, he is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven. 5"And whoever receives one such child in My name receives Me; 6but whoever causes one of these little ones who believe in Me to stumble, it would be better for him to have a heavy millstone hung around his neck, and to be drowned in the depth of the sea."

Can refer to leading manipulating or causing children or any innocents to sin in any way. It needn't only refer to sexual sins. There are mothers who physically and psychologically torture little boys to deliberately make them violent, and fathers who train them to be violent. There are many parents who deliberately raise their children to be criminals of every sort, or to be antisocial or psychologically unhealthy, and there are parents and teachers who deliberately poorly educate their children to make them dumb so they cannot get along well in the world. There are mothers, fathers, teachers, youth workers who deliberately lead youth into drugs and crime. There are university lecturers, sociologists and psychologists who encourage their students to hate society, to attend demonstrations and be violent and throw paper bags of faeces at police. That verse refers to all the sorts of ways there are to get normally law abiding sensible people whether children or adults to commit sins for others by proxy.

Yes, many homosexuals and paedophiles are made as children by male and female adults manipulating them into addiction to same gender sex, to incestuous sex, to adult-child sex. And not just men but women too do this to children far more than is revealed. But there are a multitude of other sins besides sexual that a child, youth or adult can be manipulated by others to commit. People who might not otherwise sin can be lead astray by people smarter and more cunning than themselves towards every sort of sin there is.    

Manipulating others to sin is worse than doing that sin our self. For when we have done it to and through another, plus they have done it too because of our manipulation, and so the comeback is far greater than having done it just our self. The manipulator who causes others to sin reaps more comeback than if he or she just did the sin their self.          

IP Logged

Justin
Ex Member

Reply #21 - Apr 17th, 2016 at 9:13am

Knowledge not lived is spiritual error. To those whom are more aware, more is required of them--the greater their responsibility.

IP Logged

seagull
Ex Member

Reply #22 - Apr 17th, 2016 at 9:56am

Thank you.

For your presence.

Love is.

This new day.

IP Logged

DocM

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Reply #23 - Apr 17th, 2016 at 12:12pm

Many on this board believe love is a superior form of "like".   But to like something is to prefer it.  Usually to set it up in the world of forms (the physical world), and often oppose it to something that is disliked.  In this narrow view, everything is black and white.  love/like vs. hate.  Opposites are seen and not recognized as being polarities of something bigger.

From my own experience and that of others, Love is something far different.  Love is the groundspring of our true nature before it gets perverted or warped by ego.  Love flows from God, out to all areas of the universe and in all astral planes.  Those who allow this low to flow through them "get it," and usually their love is then magnified  (Jesus says "Whoever has will be given more, and they will have an abundance. Whoever does not have, even what they have will be taken from them.").  I love that quote from the NT, because it seems paradoxical.  What it really means is, as you open yourself up to universal love you get more. 

The person who closes himself/herself off to God's love is usually focusing on their own ego/needs, and getting lost in the "us vs. them" mentality of the physical world.  These people need to "be right" to show that others are "wrong."  To them, that have little universal love, that turn their backs to the flow of God's love, more is taken away.  Swedenborg was shown representations of people actually facing away from heaven; deliberately acting out of ego gratification and selfishness. 

So for myself, I see love as an all pervading force of good, which we either open our inner being up to and radiate outward toward others or we close ourselves off from (and in so doing turn away from it).

But we always have a choice.  People can and usually do evolve over time.  Not in an instant.  But gradually, all who live out of selfish ego-based gratification, usually find that the grass is "browner" not greener, and eventually, they look for a more universal kind of spirituality.

M

IP Logged

heisenberg69

England
Reply #24 - Apr 17th, 2016 at 12:47pm

DocM wrote on Apr 17th, 2016 at 12:12pm:
Many on this board believe love is a superior form of "like".   But to like something is to prefer it.  Usually to set it up in the world of forms (the physical world), and often oppose it to something that is disliked.  In this narrow view, everything is black and white.  love/like vs. hate.  Opposites are seen and not recognized as being polarities of something bigger.

From my own experience and that of others, Love is something far different.  Love is the groundspring of our true nature before it gets perverted or warped by ego.  Love flows from God, out to all areas of the universe and in all astral planes.  Those who allow this low to flow through them "get it," and usually their love is then magnified  (Jesus says "Whoever has will be given more, and they will have an abundance. Whoever does not have, even what they have will be taken from them.").  I love that quote from the NT, because it seems paradoxical.  What it really means is, as you open yourself up to universal love you get more. 

The person who closes himself/herself off to God's love is usually focusing on their own ego/needs, and getting lost in the "us vs. them" mentality of the physical world.  These people need to "be right" to show that others are "wrong."  To them, that have little universal love, that turn their backs to the flow of God's love, more is taken away.  Swedenborg was shown representations of people actually facing away from heaven; deliberately acting out of ego gratification and selfishness. 

So for myself, I see love as an all pervading force of good, which we either open our inner being up to and radiate outward toward others or we close ourselves off from (and in so doing turn away from it).

But we always have a choice.  People can and usually do evolve over time.  Not in an instant.  But gradually, all who live out of selfish ego-based gratification, usually find that the grass is "browner" not greener, and eventually, they look for a more universal kind of spirituality.

M

Well put Mathew. Love acts like a kind of spiritual gravity as a force holding everything together. It works on a different level to like or preferences.We can see this in everyday life: a mother may not like her drug-addict son but sees beyond the addiction to love him anyway: knowing he is much more than his addiction. How much more would a creator/source know that we are more than our petty, ignorant behaviour! 

IP Logged

Ambivalent
Ex Member

Reply #25 - Apr 17th, 2016 at 1:25pm

M, one can like good acts and/or bad acts. I suppose love is more fixed than ambivalent like/dislike in that sense because harming (not "harming") someone else is not love, or that love has a strong direction rather than like/dislike zig zagging. But love is not automatically present in all dealings just because one loves. X loves the family and dislike the son's teenage rebellion period, X also hates the neighbour and like it like that.

IP Logged

DocM

Reply #26 - Apr 17th, 2016 at 1:47pm

I agree, Ambivalent, to some extent.

And it is true, you can love someone but not approve of their behavior.  But to not enable the bad behavior is different in a loving way is different than "hating" the behavior.   Allowing love to flow has a certain calm grounding.  It does not mean to take no action against bad behavior, but it is distinctly different. 

Once we indulge in the active act of hating, we engage our egos and turn away from the grounding foundation of love inside each of us.  That is why I say true love has no opposite, and that hate is the opposite of "like" or "prefer". 

Those who call pure unconditional love "nonsense" merely don't understand it, or haven't experienced it.  Those who feel it is only an attribute of God, and not available to each and every one of us are too caught up in the world of forms and ego to see it or understand it. 

For those who prefer the new testament to back things up:  " I tell you the truth, anyone who believes in me will do the same works I have done, and even greater works, because I am going to be with the Father."

Yet another point that is important when considering Love is the lack of ego involved in it.  People who act lovingly do it, because it is the only way to be; not to get praise, satisfaction, or an ego boost.  Lao Tzu spoke of this in the Tao Te Ching.  It is the opposite of egoism.  Swedenborg wrote that in his conversations with the deceased, they seemed embarrassed to take credit for their good works.  When he asked them about this, they told him that loving people believe that Love and God act through them, but that they do not deserve "credit" for their actions. 

M

IP Logged

Ambivalent
Ex Member

Reply #27 - Apr 17th, 2016 at 2:15pm

M, to some extent is a good response, if your response was nonsense it could still be good. Both responses can be great inspiration to dig deeper.

IP Logged

recoverer

Reply #28 - Apr 17th, 2016 at 2:15pm

Doc:

When you say "engage our egos," what precisely do you mean?

IP Logged

DocM

Reply #29 - Apr 17th, 2016 at 2:36pm

Hey Albert

For me, engaging our ego means to serve the part of use we invest into being apart from our link to God and the universe.  Our egos are built up from childhood.  It is the perishable part of our earthly selves that sees the world as a harsh place and is so lost in the forms that reality presents to us, it makes us think in selfish oppositional ways. 

There is an old buddhist saying "no self, no more problems."  Westerners unknowingly think that this is nihilism; that if we lose the shell of our ego we would cease to be, or merge mindlessly with some grand unity of things.  Nothing could be farther from the truth.

Sometimes, in deep meditation, in nature, or at other points in our lives, we deeply connect to everything.  In that state, we don't have to be right.  We don't have to be better than another.  We don't look down on others.  We aren't defending anything.  We are not afraid of losing an argument.  That enlightened state is, from my understanding our true self, and the more frenetic, confrontational, ego based state is, unfortunately the way most of us operate.

When a person is able to let go of the ego, they find they live differently not because they are "trying" but because that is the only way to be.   Sacred texts be it the gospels in the new testament or Lao Tzu's writings therefore say that a good person is kind to those who are kind to them, and also kind to those who are unkind to them.  Why?  Because kindness is our nature without ego. 

M

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.