Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Body "recycle" & reincarnation (Read 17004 times)
AriX

ALK Member

Body "recycle" & reincarnation
Feb 10th, 2016 at 8:19am

Cud souls incarnate in to the bodys, which already has been "in use" before ?

IP Logged

I Am Dude

Re: Body "recycle" & reincarnation
Reply #1 - Feb 10th, 2016 at 10:41am

When asking these sorts of questions as a child (questions lacking any semblance of logic), my mom used to respond, "Don't be silly." 

Perhaps this response is appropriate here.

But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things will be added unto you.

IP Logged

seagull

ALK Member

land sea sky
Reply #2 - Feb 10th, 2016 at 11:55am

Are you asking about zombies? The living dead? That sort of thing?

I tend to think of such things as silly...however, it could be said that many people come back from a near death experience and, to them, it may appear that they are being thrust back into a body they have no interest in anymore, as they have experienced something different that they liked very much. Someone who is severely injured might be an example, as returning to their physical body can be very unpleasant.

IP Logged

Rondele
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Feb 10th, 2016 at 1:35pm

<<Cud souls incarnate in to the bodys, which already has been "in use" before ?>>

No.

IP Logged

seagull

ALK Member

land sea sky
Reply #4 - Feb 10th, 2016 at 2:46pm

Also, if my reply seems vague, just read some accounts of "near death experiences" online and you will know what I mean. This is what people forget, that many people have been out of their bodies, but not completely, not for good. Some come back. These are not new souls incarnating into previously used bodies. But, they are changed during the process and often feel they have a better understanding of what awaits them after this life, and also a better understanding of what is important in this life.

The thing to remember when reading these, however, is that everyone has a unique experience. There are some similarities, which you can realize when you read many of these accounts. It is the similarities which are most important, in my view. The similarities are what make these accounts so reassuring, in general.

IP Logged

Reply #5 - Feb 10th, 2016 at 9:30pm

AriX wrote on Feb 10th, 2016 at 8:19am:
Cud souls incarnate in to the bodys, which already has been "in use" before ?

The body is only a mortal coil; a suit that fits the soul.

Some people who can leave the body say they have temporarily entered other people's bodies. 

In east and west there are myths about gods and divine beings entering into human bodies. Zeus is known for doing so. 

There are numerous stories, contemporary, recent and historical, about bodily takeovers. Stories about mediums and channelers are common. So are stories about obsessions, possessions and foreign occupations, and the Church has a long history of exorcism rites for dealing with such situations.   

A great soul might take over a body after a lesser soul grows it up and prepares its neural network. And at the other end of the scale, a low soul may invade and occupy a body with a damaged neural network. In each case the first occupant has departed or is to some degree dissociated from the body. But I'm surmising of course, aren't I.

IP Logged

Rondele
Ex Member

Reply #6 - Feb 11th, 2016 at 11:30am

IP Logged

Reply #7 - Feb 12th, 2016 at 3:28am

rondele wrote on Feb 11th, 2016 at 11:30am:

I expect there are no shortage of potheads deluding themselves that they are "walk-ins".

IP Logged

I Am Dude

Reply #8 - Feb 12th, 2016 at 10:35am

Quote:
I expect there are no shortage of potheads deluding themselves that they are "walk-ins".

Not even potheads.  Just residents of the "New-Age Ghetto." 

But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things will be added unto you.

IP Logged

Rondele
Ex Member

Reply #9 - Feb 12th, 2016 at 12:53pm

<<Not even potheads.  Just residents of the "New-Age Ghetto.">>

Oh oh, I think Don just walked into Dude's body!  I was wondering where he went.

R

IP Logged

I Am Dude

Reply #10 - Feb 12th, 2016 at 1:22pm

rondele wrote on Feb 12th, 2016 at 12:53pm:

Oh oh, I think Don just walked into Dude's body!  I was wondering where he went.

R

Haha you know, there was a time when I was extremely aversive to the expression.  Now I know exactly what Don was talking about.  Ideas such as the one presented in the OP are shining examples of the NAG mentality in action.

IP Logged

Rondele
Ex Member

Reply #11 - Feb 12th, 2016 at 2:01pm

Yes, Don was spot-on with the NAG description.  All that's needed is to put the concept of walk-ins into the net and before you know it, tons of people delude themselves into thinking they too are walk ins.  Somewhere I read the Founding Fathers were walk ins.  Why not?  And there are plenty of variations, even "braid-ins".  A baby born the conventional way is (get ready) a "crawl-in."

It's fine to have an open mind, but the opening apparently is way too large and brains are falling out at a record rate.

R
ps Don, go back to your own body, leave Dude alone, I miss your posts.

IP Logged

recoverer

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Reply #12 - Feb 12th, 2016 at 4:51pm

I don't agree with Don's usage of New Age Ghetto. It is disrespectful and lacking in humility to speak in such a way. Before a person preaches to others he should learn a little about respect and humility.

I bet you Jesus wouldn't poke fun at people and put them down with comments such as new age ghetto.

What's the point of knowing about Jesus if people don't know about love, humility and respect for others? A person who doesn't live in such a way might some day call out, "Save me Jesus," and Jesus will probably respond, "Why didn't you save yourself by loving your neighbor as yourself?"

I Am Dude wrote on Feb 12th, 2016 at 1:22pm:
rondele wrote on Feb 12th, 2016 at 12:53pm:

R

Haha you know, there was a time when I was extremely aversive to the expression.  Now I know exactly what Don was talking about.  Ideas such as the one presented in the OP are shining examples of the NAG mentality in action. 

IP Logged

Reply #13 - Feb 12th, 2016 at 5:25pm

And then there's the crowd of passive aggressive "spiritual" elitists, you know, the ones who are always making out they're above criticising others, but like to criticise others for criticising others, or even for having fun with others. Its a false way of feeling spiritually elevated. And a delusion, of course.

When I was a boy my father taught me to laugh at myself. He said, "Always laugh at your self son, and when others laugh at you, laugh with them."

I don't mind being the butt of jokes. To me its all fun. Being able to laugh at our self is a sign of maturity. And laughing at others is fine too. It encourages their maturity. he he he

IP Logged

recoverer

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Reply #14 - Feb 12th, 2016 at 5:47pm

1796:

I believe that your response is out of context. What if somebody insisted on calling you stupid as he tried to help you? Would you continue to seek his help, or would you value yourself too much to do so? It is one think to joke with people, and quite another to make negative comments about them because you despise them in some way.

I do not need to see fault in others in order to feel good about myself.

Regarding the original poster's question, my first inclination is to say that walks in don't occur, but the truth of the matter is that I really don't know. Whatever the case, I do not believe it was stupid for the original person to ask the question.

1796 wrote on Feb 12th, 2016 at 5:25pm:
And then there's the crowd of passive aggressive "spiritual" elitists, you know, the ones who are always making out they're above criticising others, but like to criticise others for criticising others, or even for having fun with others. Its a false way of feeling spiritually elevated. And a delusion, of course.

When I was a boy my father taught me to laugh at myself. He said, "Always laugh at your self son, and when others laugh at you, laugh with them."

I don't mind being the butt of jokes. To me its all fun. Being able to laugh at our self is a sign of maturity. And laughing at others is fine too. It encourages their maturity. he he he

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.