Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
The Lord Prayer by John Rowls (Read 8177 times)
Alan McDougall

South Africa
The Lord Prayer by John Rowls
Jan 30th, 2016 at 6:24am

He is a New Zealand Moari singer, with an amazing voice, similar to Egelbert Humperdink, but better is my opinion, what do you think?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njf24vwmlow

Blessings and Light

Alan McDougall
WWW <a href= <a href=  
IP Logged

Re: The Lord Prayer by John Rowls
Reply #1 - Feb 3rd, 2016 at 4:42am

The Lord’s Prayer, or Pater Noster, Matthew 6. 9-13, has possibly been the most influential words upon the western peoples. Since when Christ said, “Pray like this”, as recorded in the first gospel instructions, repeated in the didache catechism and through Christian liturgical and daily practice across the lands and through the centuries to recent times, along with, of course, the influence of the general teachings on love and forgiveness as taught throughout gospels. Before the printing press, before the biblical translations from Latin into the European languages, when the congregations knew little of the gospel scriptures but learnt from the symbolism of artefacts, and symbols on walls, in stained glass, in the building’s structure, and in ritual and ceremony, but they learnt, recited, and each in their own way understood the Lord’s Prayer. For between 1000 and 2000 years nearly every western soul learnt the Lord’s Prayer off by heart and recited it throughout his or her life, passing it on from generation to generation. Today, none are not influenced by its concepts. Even those western souls who despise Christianity cannot rid their hearts of its influence. The Prayer’s words are potent, and when understood, contain the fullest scope of spiritual guidance. There is nothing outside of those words to be known, for everything lies between them.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_the_Lord%27s_Prayer_in_English

http://christianity.stackexchange.com/questions/42686/when-did-the-early-church-...

I say that Prayer regularly. I was taught it as a little boy by my mother. Naturally I say it with more understanding nowadays.

Two evenings ago while reciting the Prayer, intently but gently, slowly and meditatively, in mind and heart, in all its meaning as I understand it, the aperture before me within the dark screen of mind opened wide, and I looked out past the boundary of my mind into the planes beyond. I was surprised to see many individuals clustered around me, gazing longingly with eyes that were joyous, wondrous, yearning yet being satisfied. They were breathing/drinking in the energy of my prayer. One elderly man right before me especially caught my attention. Buoyed by the uptake of energy from the Prayer they were able to ascend from where they were to where they would rather be.

Assisting the dead is not something I am particularly interested in doing. I think there is usually enough assistance for them. Any assistance I might give to the dead has usually been either incidental (like the one mentioned above) or when a job or opportunity has occurred right before me or in connection with me. Generally, I prefer to let the dead look after the dead and put my attention on the living. 

The Lord’s Prayer is probably my favourite verse. If to meet some unpleasant fate I had to forget everything I know, except be allowed to remember and understand just one thing, I would want that one thing to be the Lord’s Prayer. But then I would have everything anyway, because it is all in there.   

IP Logged

Alan McDougall

South Africa
Reply #2 - Feb 3rd, 2016 at 7:11am

1796 wrote on Feb 3rd, 2016 at 4:42am:
The Lord’s Prayer, or Pater Noster, Matthew 6. 9-13, has possibly been the most influential words upon the western peoples. Since when Christ said, “Pray like this”, as recorded in the first gospel instructions, repeated in the didache catechism and through Christian liturgical and daily practice across the lands and through the centuries to recent times, along with, of course, the influence of the general teachings on love and forgiveness as taught throughout gospels. Before the printing press, before the biblical translations from Latin into the European languages, when the congregations knew little of the gospel scriptures but learnt from the symbolism of artefacts, and symbols on walls, in stained glass, in the building’s structure, and in ritual and ceremony, but they learnt, recited, and each in their own way understood the Lord’s Prayer. For between 1000 and 2000 years nearly every western soul learnt the Lord’s Prayer off by heart and recited it throughout his or her life, passing it on from generation to generation. Today, none are not influenced by its concepts. Even those western souls who despise Christianity cannot rid their hearts of its influence. The Prayer’s words are potent, and when understood, contain the fullest scope of spiritual guidance. There is nothing outside of those words to be known, for everything lies between them.

http://christianity.stackexchange.com/questions/42686/when-did-the-early-church-...

I say that Prayer regularly. I was taught it as a little boy by my mother. Naturally I say it with more understanding nowadays.

Two evenings ago while reciting the Prayer, intently but gently, slowly and meditatively, in mind and heart, in all its meaning as I understand it, the aperture before me within the dark screen of mind opened wide, and I looked out past the boundary of my mind into the planes beyond. I was surprised to see many individuals clustered around me, gazing longingly with eyes that were joyous, wondrous, yearning yet being satisfied. They were breathing/drinking in the energy of my prayer. One elderly man right before me especially caught my attention. Buoyed by the uptake of energy from the Prayer they were able to ascend from where they were to where they would rather be.

Assisting the dead is not something I am particularly interested in doing. I think there is usually enough assistance for them. Any assistance I might give to the dead has usually been either incidental (like the one mentioned above) or when a job or opportunity has occurred right before me or in connection with me. Generally, I prefer to let the dead look after the dead and put my attention on the living. 

The Lord’s Prayer is probably my favourite verse. If to meet some unpleasant fate I had to forget everything I know, except be allowed to remember and understand just one thing, I would want that one thing to be the Lord’s Prayer. But then I would have everything anyway, because it is all in there.   

I am blessed by you saying the Lord Prayer in your mind , before going to sleep at night.
Since I started doing the same darkness in my soul has been removed and at last i am happy
This forum is all about death, we are alive, so take each moment as gift from God because god gave you life!

Blessings and Light

Alan McDougall
WWW <a href= <a href=  
IP Logged

Rondele
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Feb 3rd, 2016 at 8:48am

Alan-  I'll just add an amen to what you and 1796 said.

R

IP Logged

Alan McDougall

South Africa
Reply #4 - Feb 3rd, 2016 at 9:35am

Alan McDougall wrote on Feb 3rd, 2016 at 7:11am:
1796 wrote on Feb 3rd, 2016 at 4:42am:

I am blessed by you saying the Lord Prayer in your mind , before going to sleep at night.
Since I started doing the same darkness in my soul has been removed and at last i am happy
This forum is all about death, we are alive, so take each moment as gift from God because god gave you life!

We fallible sometimes wicket mortals, simply cannot help the dead, dead are dead, and with God or in a waiting cell waiting for the great day of judgment.

Hitler as an example will face the full wrath of Almighty God, God is not a sweet on grandpa, who tell Hitler "Your have been a naughty boy but I forgive you enter into my light I love you.

In fact God hates the likes of Hitler and will punish him in a way so awful the it is beyond human comprehension.
It is a place so terrible that even God does not want to look into, God sort of looks away, thrust evil from him, into a hell so awful  that it is beyond human comprehension and forgets them there forever, and forever, where they will scream out for death, but never, ever find it!

The final countdown has already begun, if you are on the boat or world where things are rapidly getting worse, your destiny will be to join Hitler.

If you are on a boat/earth, where things are getting better, you are going into the light of Gods mercy and love
Quantum physic tell us  that fundamental particles can exist in two place at once.

Thus there are two identical earths, one descending into everlasting damnation taking hell with it?

The other into the light of God
You don't have to believe me and I am not trying to make you do that. However, I urge you all to go down of your knees tonight and ask Almighty God, if what Allan is telling is true of just from his own imagination

Certain people in this forum make hurtful comments about me and keep going back to my illness with the bi-polar disorder, they simply cannot think that I can get better from this awful disease, and yet with sprout and pontificate about someone they know who was cured from cancer

Blessings and Light

Alan McDougall
WWW <a href= <a href=  
IP Logged

Alan McDougall

South Africa
Reply #5 - Feb 3rd, 2016 at 9:59am

rondele wrote on Feb 3rd, 2016 at 8:48am:
Alan-  I'll just add an amen to what you and 1796 said.

R

Thank you Rondele, at least you are reading my message instead of making personal hurtful remarks!

Blessings and Light

Alan McDougall
WWW <a href= <a href=  
IP Logged

recoverer

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Reply #6 - Feb 3rd, 2016 at 1:00pm

Alan:

You do God a disservice when you speak of him as if he is an unforgiving wrathful being. Those are your own self righteous thoughts you're sharing. Such thoughts have set back mankind's spiritual growth for many years. It is sad that so many people who speak of Jesus, have unforgiving and judgmental thoughts for others. I'm not okay with what Hitler did, but certainly there is a much broader perspective with which one can consider the matter.

Since we were all created with freewill, we all need some time to learn to use it in a wise and loving way. 

If you consider the matter from an oversoul reincarnation basis, many of us have had lifetimes where we lived in a negative way.  I know you don't believe in reincarnation and oversouls. Roger would probably agree with you about this, but not 1796 who was shown by his oversoul to not have judgmental thoughts towards others because he had past lives that were negative.

IP Logged

Reply #7 - Feb 3rd, 2016 at 8:58pm

recoverer wrote on Feb 3rd, 2016 at 1:00pm:
Alan:

You do God a disservice when you speak of him as if he is an unforgiving wrathful being. Those are your own self righteous thoughts you're sharing. Such thoughts have set back mankind's spiritual growth for many years. It is sad that so many people who speak of Jesus, have unforgiving and judgmental thoughts for others. I'm not okay with what Hitler did, but certainly there is a much broader perspective with which one can consider the matter.

Since we were all created with freewill, we all need some time to learn to use it in a wise and loving way. 

If you consider the matter from an oversoul reincarnation basis, many of us have had lifetimes where we lived in a negative way.  I know you don't believe in reincarnation and oversouls. Roger would probably agree with you about this, but not 1796 who was shown by his oversoul to not have judgmental thoughts towards others because he had past lives that were negative.

That we have one life, one incarnation, one chance to avoid hell and reach heaven, is true. And that we have multiple lives, with reincarnation of our individual consciousness, is also true. It seems a contradiction, but they are both as true as each other. Just as a wheel is both round and flat. The difference is really only perspective and attitude. 

It is easy to see why people find the two concepts mutually exclusive, because according to 3D thinking they seem to be mutually exclusive. But a contradiction does not necessarily prove a falsity. Further facts may exist that may reconcile a seeming contradiction. Further relevant facts may exist between, adjacent to, or surrounding the seeming contradictory items. So the existence of further facts must be allowed for, intelligently investigated, then accepted or ruled out.

There are more dimensions, more angles, and more structure, than meets the eye. Or more than meets most people's eyes. Our 3D world seems quite real, and it is, but its not the full picture. And the full picture can make a lot of difference to a partial picture. Context matters.

Every step on the ladder of progress has been and is an essential one. Each step comes from the prior and enables the next. 

The idea of God being wrathful or punitive has not held mankind's progress back at all, not spiritually nor in any other sense. If we look at those races of the Earth that have held firmly to the idea of a One God of law of right and wrong, and of punishment, for a substantial period of their histories, such as the earlier Jews and the Europeans through the medieval centuries, and compare those races to the other races of the world, then we can plainly see that their progress in every field of human endeavour, be it science, literature, the arts, technology, general living standards, charitable work, helpfulness and beneficial influence to others,... has been quite reasonable progress. Particularly when we consider the comparison of the races 2000 years ago to the comparison of them now. The Europeans outside of the Roman Empire were quite primitive then, living in stick and mud houses, tribal and with poor living standards, while the Indians and Chinese were more advanced. Then in Europe a change of belief occurred, and with it, a change of attitude and thinking, and since then European progress accelerated at a phenomenal rate. Beliefs are the drivers of individuals and nations.

The Lord promised Abram, "And I will make you a great nation, And I will bless you, And make your name great; And so you shall be a blessing; And I will bless those who bless you, And the one who curses you I will curse. And in you all the families of the earth will be blessed."   

As for Alan being "self righteous"....well, perhaps, a little. So what. He is only one person, not millions.

There are no people on Earth more self righteous than American Liberals. Travel the world, go to any country, observe any race, and nowhere else on Earth can we find a group of people more convinced of their own righteousness and more convinced that they know best how others should be.

« Last Edit: Feb 3rd, 2016 at 10:00pm by 1796 »  

IP Logged

Alan McDougall

South Africa
Reply #8 - Feb 3rd, 2016 at 10:26pm

1796 wrote on Feb 3rd, 2016 at 8:58pm:
recoverer wrote on Feb 3rd, 2016 at 1:00pm:
Alan:

That we have one life, one incarnation, one chance to avoid hell and reach heaven, is true. And that we have multiple lives, with reincarnation of our individual consciousness, is also true. It seems a contradiction, but they are both as true as each other. Just as a wheel is both round and flat. The difference is really only perspective and attitude. 

It is easy to see why people find the two concepts mutually exclusive, because according to 3D thinking they seem to be mutually exclusive. But a contradiction does not necessarily prove a falsity. Further facts may exist that may reconcile a seeming contradiction. Further relevant facts may exist between, adjacent to, or surrounding the seeming contradictory items. So the existence of further facts must be allowed for, intelligently investigated, then accepted or ruled out.

There are more dimensions, more angles, and more structure, than meets the eye. Or more than meets most people's eyes. Our 3D world seems quite real, and it is, but its not the full picture. And the full picture can make a lot of difference to a partial picture. Context matters.

Every step on the ladder of progress has been and is an essential one. Each step comes from the prior and enables the next. 

The idea of God being wrathful or punitive has not held mankind's progress back at all, not spiritually nor in any other sense. If we look at those races of the Earth that have held firmly to the idea of a One God of law of right and wrong, and of punishment, for a substantial period of their histories, such as the earlier Jews and the Europeans through the medieval centuries, and compare those races to the other races of the world, then we can plainly see that their progress in every field of human endeavour, be it science, literature, the arts, technology, general living standards, charitable work, helpfulness and beneficial influence to others,... has been quite reasonable progress. Particularly when we consider the comparison of the races 2000 years ago to the comparison of them now. The Europeans outside of the Roman Empire were quite primitive then, living in stick and mud houses, tribal and with poor living standards, while the Indians and Chinese were more advanced. Then a change of belief occurred, and with it, a change of attitude and thinking, and since then European progress accelerated at a phenomenal rate. Beliefs are the drivers of individuals and nations.

The Lord promised Abram, "And I will make you a great nation, And I will bless you, And make your name great; And so you shall be a blessing; And I will bless those who bless you, And the one who curses you I will curse. And in you all the families of the earth will be blessed."   

As for Alan being "self righteous"....well, perhaps, a little. So what. He is only one person, not millions.

There are no people on Earth more self righteous than American Liberals. Travel the world, go to any country, observe any race, and nowhere else on Earth can we find a group of people more convinced of their own righteousness and more convinced that they know best how everyone else should be.

What I write below is not directly pointed at you!

I am not self righteous, in fact in Gods eyes I am a wicked man, not deserving of his mercy.

However, God made a way for everyone to come into his glory, that is by accepting that the Lord Jesus suffered the must hideous death of the cross, for us as penalty for our depravity.

The wages of sin is death(Hell) but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ the Lord.

This evil of saying one is using the energy of the christ spirit, is a sickening deception by Satan

Do you really think that the Lord Jesus of absolute goodness and purity, would respond to the depraved mind of some lying chaneller, such as Seth who is simply the Devil.

If you tell me you have rescued a stuck soul YOU ARE LYING!!

So your logic is Gods love just overlooks any depravity no matter how bad and he sends the likes of Hitler to a counselled to get his thinking and attitude right.

If you rape, molest little children, kill innocent woman and return to their corpse later to have sex with it, God will send you to rehab .

Or engage in oral sex with the head of your mother which you had just decapitated and send his to rehab!

Oh!! that OK Almighty God is all about new age Lovey, dovey rubbish, where they blaspheme in the absolute by saying I am God

Exactly what Lucifer did, yet they expect God to overlook the same blaspheme even thought what they are saying is exactly what Satan said, and expect a Holy Perfect God reach out and pull them into his light, 

No you are doing Almighty God a disservice by thinking he is to give them another chance in another like Rubbish
Jesus said you are given ONE MORTAL LIFE AND THEN THE JUDGMENT

You are trying to create a god as you would like it to be, but you are sadly, sadly mistaken.

He is not Santa or your kind grey haired old grandpa, God is the Almighty and the FEAR OF GOD IS THE BEGINNING OF WISDOM

The ONLY WAY TO GOD IS THROUGH THE LORD JESUS CHRIS.TO GO AHEAD AND SEEK OTHERWISE AND YOU WILL BE TALKING TO THE DECEIVER, WHO COMES AS AN ANGEL OF LIGHT

God has brought me back to this forum, to teach you how to  REALLY FIND GOD LOVE HIM AND WORSHIP HIM, and when you die your spirit return to him that made you.

Openly reject Jesus Christ or make out as some sort of a guru or exalted man, the end there of is hell

Why not go down on your knees for once and ask God is the name of his Son Jesus Christ, if what I tell you here is the truth.

Of course I know that you think I am a delusional bi-polar which was true in the past.

I was lost
And now I am found
I was dead
But now I live

Blessings and Light

Alan McDougall
WWW <a href= <a href=  
IP Logged

seagull

ALK Member

land sea sky
Reply #9 - Feb 4th, 2016 at 8:20am

IP Logged

Alan McDougall

South Africa
Reply #10 - Feb 4th, 2016 at 9:28am

I have said not what I believe is true.
But what I know is true!
« Last Edit: Feb 4th, 2016 at 2:47pm by Alan McDougall »  

Blessings and Light

Alan McDougall
WWW <a href= <a href=  
IP Logged

doodad

ALK Member

Reply #11 - Feb 4th, 2016 at 10:40am

Quote:
That we have one life, one incarnation, one chance to avoid hell and reach heaven, is true

so specifically then, what does one do to avoid hell and reach heaven?

IP Logged

recoverer

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Reply #12 - Feb 4th, 2016 at 12:46pm

Alan:

According to the Bible, Jesus told a prodigal son story. What do you think that story is about?

Here's another way to consider the matter. On the one hand you have a pile of rotted food that is infested with maggots, and on the other hand you have a pile of delicious and healthy food that has no shortcomings whatsoever. Which pile would a clear thinking person who can see both piles choose?  Certainly the later pile.

The same it true when it comes to a negative way of being versus a positive way of being that includes divine love. If a person had the ability to look at both options with  a clear mind, he would certainly choose a positive way that includes divine love.

This being the case, perhaps we should have some understanding and compassion towards a person that hasn't reached the point where he (or she) can look at both options with a clear mind. Perhaps such understanding and compassion is a part of living according to the positive option that includes divine love.

IP Logged

Alan McDougall

South Africa
Reply #13 - Feb 4th, 2016 at 2:14pm

recoverer wrote on Feb 4th, 2016 at 12:46pm:
Alan:

According to the Bible, Jesus told a prodigal son story. What do you think that story is about?

Here's another way to consider the matter. On the one hand you have a pile of rotted food that is infested with maggots, and on the other hand you have a pile of delicious and healthy food that has no shortcomings whatsoever. Which pile would a clear thinking person who can see both piles choose?  Certainly the later pile.

The same it true when it comes to a negative way of being versus a positive way of being that includes divine love. If a person had the ability to look at both options with  a clear mind, he would certainly choose a positive way that includes divine love.

This being the case, perhaps we should have some understanding and compassion towards a person that hasn't reached the point where he (or she) can look at both options with a clear mind. Perhaps such understanding and compassion is a part of living according to the positive option that includes divine love.

I am a prodigal son!
I was lost but
Now I am found
I was dead
And now I live

(If fact I was both once cyclically death and mentally dead and lost for many years)

Blessings and Light

Alan McDougall
WWW <a href= <a href=  
IP Logged

Alan McDougall

South Africa
Reply #14 - Feb 4th, 2016 at 2:16pm

There is no such thing as an over-soul, like your mortal body you have only one soul/spirit

Blessings and Light

Alan McDougall
WWW <a href= <a href=  
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.