Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
Final message (Read 22356 times)

Re: Final message
Reply #45 - Feb 5th, 2016 at 1:52pm

rondele wrote on Feb 5th, 2016 at 1:28pm:
<<When I go to church or get together with some Christian friends I don't care if they are catholic, protestant, fundamentalist, or esoteric, it makes no difference to me. I have my own understanding of the scriptures and that is my own, and they have theirs. I speak to them in their words, and adjust my thinking to theirs so that we can communicate easily.>>

I can't help but wonder how you'd communicate with a Jehovah Witness.  It's pretty much their way or the highway.  I lost a childhood friend, who converted to the JW's and was relentless in giving me magazines and finally, when I told him I couldn't accept the teachings (only 144,000 people will be admitted to heaven, the rest of rhe JWs will live in peace on rhe earth for 1,000 years) he now refuses to see or talk to me. 

R

I have three good friends who are JW's. Three ladies. I have known one for 15 years. They visit me regularly and stay for several hours. I am honest with them about where I stand, but I do not reveal my occult knowledge. In real life I am most secretive about that. We sometimes meet in town. I attend their hall meetings occasionally. They know I'm not going to join the church but I do go along now and then. They like to dress well for meetings. I like that too. I enjoy putting on a suit. Sure, they think I'm missing out on something by not being a full member, but I don't mind. I understand them. They are good people. They do no harm.

IP Logged

seagull

ALK Member

land sea sky
Reply #46 - Feb 6th, 2016 at 6:55am

It is brushed aside in this discussion but we are all subjected to the repetition of some ideas over and over in our lifetimes from when we are small children.

It is very easy to tell people to just ignore what they don't want to hear. Just leave. Just walk away. Stop being such a victim they say.... Obviously, some who speak on this forum were not raised as the "weaker" sex in our world. The one who is supposed to be silent, in the traditional sense.  The one who is most often treated like a domestic servant in this world.

It is not easy to overcome such ideas. It is also not easy to overcome ideas which are deliberately put into our heads from a very young age, so it is not just a matter of turning your attention elsewhere.

By speaking this way I am not trying to create ill will toward those who believe what they believe. But it is my right to speak so, and I won't be shamed for it. There are countries where I would personally be publicly humiliated and punished for doing so and I will not submit to that here in my country where I have worked my entire life to support myself as well as others on occasion.

Many who insist that their professed belief is correct will have their own ideas of proper speech and behavior and will indeed impose them on others. There can be a kind of brainwashing effect over time in their unlucky victims.

The relationship that we each have with ourselves is very precious. No one else can tell you to get down on your knees and submit to their god. Why would you want to submit to their god? Especially a vindictive god.

I'd rather teach myself how to be happy and healthy for my remaining years. I suspect a lot of people just want to find a way to live healthier and happier. On a planet where people must do whatever it takes to survive in many cases, instead of being able to grow and flourish in a more natural way, it is no surprise what happens here to our hearts and minds along the way.

IP Logged

Reply #47 - Feb 6th, 2016 at 10:37pm

IP Logged

DocM

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Reply #48 - Feb 9th, 2016 at 3:46am

These negative comments about Bruce and this site, display fear and a fear related belief system.  The fear and psychological pain of the author, along with his worry and self-loathing are evident.  But it is not in keeping with the true spirit of the gospels.   

What is the spirit of the gospels?  Love; love of God and of people.  Unconditional love.  Turning the other cheek.  Acting lovingly, without judging others worthy or unworthy.

Finding JC, and surrendering oneself in no way means disparaging another.  You can find a higher love, even communicate your feelings about it to others without condemning them to hell fire.  True love goes hand in hand with compassion, not hate or fear.

I don't come to this site as much, but I have learned a lot from interactions here over the years and talked with some extraordinary people.  It is clear that Bruce has no intention of deceiving people.  He walks the walk.  You may agree or disagree with his beliefs, but you have no right to assume that he is deliberately misleading people.

I feel more sad for Alan than anything else.  Finding God, and surrendering one's ego, should never be an angry or fearful experience.  Many who have done so report of an overwhelming sense of peace and joy.  With enlightenment comes peace, not conflict.  It is clear that those who need to strike fear into others to repent, be fearful, etc. are suffering themselves. 

M

IP Logged

I Am Dude

Reply #49 - Feb 9th, 2016 at 1:37pm

I believe in freedom of speech, but Alan just seems to be trolling.  If I were a moderator I would consider a suspension or ban of his account.  Just sayin.

But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things will be added unto you.

IP Logged

Ambivalent
Ex Member

Reply #50 - Feb 9th, 2016 at 5:03pm

How should you be? You should be like a rocky promontory against which the restless surf continually pounds. It stands fast while the churning sea is lulled to sleep at its feet. I hear you say, 'How unlucky that this should happen to me.' But not at all. Perhaps say instead, 'How lucky I am that I am not broken by what has happened and I am not afraid of what is about to happen.' For the same blow might have struck anyone, but not many who would have absorbed it without capitulation or complaint.

IP Logged

I Am Dude

Reply #51 - Feb 9th, 2016 at 5:04pm

Quote:
How should you be? You should be like a rocky promontory against which the restless surf continually pounds. It stands fast while the churning sea is lulled to sleep at its feet. I hear you say, 'How unlucky that this should happen to me.' But not at all. Perhaps say instead, 'How lucky I am that I am not broken by what has happened and I am not afraid of what is about to happen.' For the same blow might have struck anyone, but not many who would have absorbed it without capitulation or complaint.

Agreed.  But perhaps it's like the student who jumps in front of the class, rips his clothes off and starts pissing on everyone.  It may not break you, but there might be a better way than sitting there getting pissed on.

But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things will be added unto you.

IP Logged

Ambivalent
Ex Member

Reply #52 - Feb 9th, 2016 at 5:10pm

Dude, that is a funny response. I don't know of a one size fits all approach but just came across it and thought about this thread.

IP Logged

recoverer

Reply #53 - Feb 9th, 2016 at 5:52pm

Dude:

Do you have something against show and tell?  Smiley

I Am Dude wrote on Feb 9th, 2016 at 5:04pm:
Quote:

Agreed.  But perhaps it's like the student who jumps in front of the class, rips his clothes off and starts pissing on everyone.  It may not break you, but there might be a better way than sitting there getting pissed on.

IP Logged

I Am Dude

Reply #54 - Feb 9th, 2016 at 6:00pm

Haha no I'm all for show and tell, just keep your bodily fluids to yourself!

IP Logged

recoverer

Reply #55 - Feb 9th, 2016 at 7:54pm

Fussy!

I Am Dude wrote on Feb 9th, 2016 at 6:00pm:
Haha no I'm all for show and tell, just keep your bodily fluids to yourself!

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.