Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
Final message (Read 22197 times)
Alan McDougall

South Africa
Re: Final message
Reply #30 - Feb 4th, 2016 at 2:09pm

Quote:
Quote:
Only because I approached Jesus asked for forgiveness and asked him to receive me into himself (Not the other way and like the churches preach that we are to receive Jesus, he has no need of us) and it is up to us to ask him for forgiveness and and have him say unto you, come unto me and I will make you free

If you say/write it is up to us and you mean it is up to us, then it is up to us.

Your posts are difficult to understand please rephrase this one to make it easier to comprehend

Blessings and Light

Alan McDougall
WWW <a href= <a href=  
IP Logged

Ambivalent
Ex Member

Reply #31 - Feb 4th, 2016 at 4:22pm

Ok, Alan. Do you have a purpose with your new posts? If so what is the purpose?

IP Logged

Alan McDougall

South Africa
Reply #32 - Feb 4th, 2016 at 7:43pm

Quote:
Ok, Alan. Do you have a purpose with your new posts? If so what is the purpose?

If you cant see the purposes of my posts then you are blind to reason

YES TO SAVE ALL OF YOU INDUCING BRUCE WHO HAS DECEIVED YOU ALL WITH HIS COLORFUL IMAGINATION, FROM ETERNAL DAMNATION!

Blessings and Light

Alan McDougall
WWW <a href= <a href=  
IP Logged

Alan McDougall

South Africa
Reply #33 - Feb 4th, 2016 at 7:50pm

seagull wrote on Jan 31st, 2016 at 5:31pm:
Age has nothing to do with anything and your expectations are ridiculous at best.

Age has an awful lot to do with it, Bruce is running out of time to ask God for forgiveness, for holding lectures and publishing books for money when the content of them is just a product of his mind, the content of which has mislead many many people with total absent of truth!

Blessings and Light

Alan McDougall
WWW <a href= <a href=  
IP Logged

seagull

ALK Member

land sea sky
Reply #34 - Feb 4th, 2016 at 8:08pm

We must ban all books immediately. Such a thing should never be allowed to happen, that a person should be allowed to read what they like, believe what they like, because they might get it wrong -- according to you.

But that would be extreme. Wouldn't it? Guess we shouldn't ban all books....

IP Logged

recoverer

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Reply #35 - Feb 4th, 2016 at 8:19pm

I doubt that Bruce makes a lot of money from his books and workshops.

Alan McDougall wrote on Feb 4th, 2016 at 7:50pm:
seagull wrote on Jan 31st, 2016 at 5:31pm:
Age has nothing to do with anything and your expectations are ridiculous at best.

Age has an awful lot to do with it, Bruce is running out of time to ask God for forgiveness, for holding lectures and publishing books for money when the content of them is just a product of his mind, the content of which has mislead many many people with total absent of truth!

IP Logged

Ambivalent
Ex Member

Reply #36 - Feb 5th, 2016 at 12:32am

Alan, how do you know we all have been deceived by Bruce? How many of us have you saved from eternal damnation so far? Is mortal judgement, caps locking and RGB text effective means to that end?

IP Logged

doodad

ALK Member

Reply #37 - Feb 5th, 2016 at 10:24am

Quote:
Is mortal judgement, caps locking and RGB text effective means to that end?

from my experience, fundamentalism is all about light and noise and not so much about facts, logic and reason.

IP Logged

Ambivalent
Ex Member

Reply #38 - Feb 5th, 2016 at 11:29am

Doodad, your description also counts for me and pretty much everyone I know at different times and in different amounts. I've dealt with caps lock in different areas since beginning of January, and today also where I chose to leave a meeting rather than feeding the negative spiral. And I know it is not a given that I make a similar decision at another fork in the road. Maybe I'll give in and boil like a kettle.

IP Logged

Reply #39 - Feb 5th, 2016 at 12:11pm

The noise is in the people, not in the scriptures. And emotionalism is in people generally, not just Christian people.

Many people who have struggled unsuccessfully for many years against personal issues such as alcohol, drugs, behavioural problems and personality maladjustments have found relief from their affliction through fundamentalist Christianity. Many fundamentalist churches have many such people who are examples of that. Personally I have known many habitual criminals, drug and alcohol addicts, and personality disorders of different kinds who have been relieved of their problem through fundamentalist Christianity - through handing their problem over to Christ. It is obvious to me that these people have been greatly changed for the better. And in a way that no clinical therapy could have achieved.   

When a person has struggled against a problem for many years, been in mental institutions, prisons, homeless, lost family and marriages, almost destroyed themselves, all the while struggling to free their self from their ways, but unable to, and then one day they walk past a church, hear singing and go it, or attend a prison service, and are compelled to kneel exhausted before Christ, confess their sins and their inability to combat them, and hand their sins and their life over to Christ, and then they are relieved of their problem and their life changes for the better, well we cannot blame them for being somewhat emotional about it.    

The fundamental Christian teachings as taught in the scriptures are not illogical when understood. Most of JCs short statements can be taken literally. The parables though are symbolic, and some of John's gospel is more gnostic or esoteric. I consider the scriptures to be true on their fundamental level as well as their more esoteric levels. It is up to the individual to read them carefully and contemplate them, and let them speak to him on his own level.

When I go to church or get together with some Christian friends I don't care if they are catholic, protestant, fundamentalist, or esoteric, it makes no difference to me. I have my own understanding of the scriptures and that is my own, and they have theirs. I speak to them in their words, and adjust my thinking to theirs so that we can communicate easily. The same when teaching meditation to hindus, yoga students, new agers, martial artists, psychs and counsellors, or when discussing concepts with esoteric types, the language of thought and words must be adjusted to suit the people we are with, but the essence of what we are discussing and communicating is the same. Only the dressing or clothing is different.

We wouldn't think mathematics was no good just because we knew a crowd of people who practiced it and who were unsavoury or illogical. For people and mathematics are two different things. And the mathematics is helping the people become more logical. And there is basic maths and there are algebraic maths and more abstract and esoteric maths that physicists use. But its all essentially in the basics. Just like esoteric spirituality is essentially in fundamental religious scripture. Advanced levels are only extrapolations of fundamentals. 

IP Logged

doodad

ALK Member

Reply #40 - Feb 5th, 2016 at 12:29pm

Quote:
The noise and lack of logic is in the people, not in the scriptures. And emotionalism is in people generally, not just Christian people.

Very true. Yet these that "have found relief from their affliction through fundamentalist Christianity" often do use noise and emotionalism to impose their own particular worldview/Bible interpretation on others, as that is part and parcel of fundamentalism. Alan here is a case in point. (BTW i have no quarrel with him) I have lived with this all my life. Hell if you do this, Hell if you don't do that. My spouse regularly throws hell at my 3 children. I do not feel Christ's teachings are illogical and agree that "It is up to the individual to read them carefully and contemplate them, and let them speak to him on his own level." but fundamentalists would deny you this privilege.

IP Logged

Ambivalent
Ex Member

Reply #41 - Feb 5th, 2016 at 1:26pm

1796, you write about handing over sins/errors and life to Christ, similar to let go and let God. Do you know about the mechanics of how this works?

IP Logged

Rondele
Ex Member

Reply #42 - Feb 5th, 2016 at 1:28pm

<<When I go to church or get together with some Christian friends I don't care if they are catholic, protestant, fundamentalist, or esoteric, it makes no difference to me. I have my own understanding of the scriptures and that is my own, and they have theirs. I speak to them in their words, and adjust my thinking to theirs so that we can communicate easily.>>

I can't help but wonder how you'd communicate with a Jehovah Witness.  It's pretty much their way or the highway.  I lost a childhood friend, who converted to the JW's and was relentless in giving me magazines and finally, when I told him I couldn't accept the teachings (only 144,000 people will be admitted to heaven, the rest of rhe JWs will live in peace on rhe earth for 1,000 years) he now refuses to see or talk to me. 

R

IP Logged

Reply #43 - Feb 5th, 2016 at 1:37pm

Quote:
Yet these ... often do use noise and emotionalism to impose their own particular worldview/Bible interpretation on others, as that is part and parcel of fundamentalism. ...  "It is up to the individual to read them carefully and contemplate them, and let them speak to him on his own level." but fundamentalists would deny you this privilege.

...impose their world view on you...deny you your own freewill and free intellect ? ! 

When you're a child, maybe. But not when you're a mature adult. As adults we have our own minds. 

Don't be like those weak characters on this forum and elsewhere who are frequently bleating that others on the forum are somehow denying them their freewill and self determination, bullying them and imposing their beliefs on them. Those people are classic weak characters. They are victim minded and like it. They are grown up babies.   Don't be like them. 

Be your own man. Exercise your own freewill and free intellect.

Freewill isn't only about governing what you do and what comes from you. It is also about you governing what you take in and adopt.   

Alan could plaster his posts on the end of every thread in the forum and interject everywhere, and I couldn't care a dead rat if he did. He's not bothering me. Why should he bother you. Its only a web site. It cannot impose on you or your thinking unless you choose to take it in. Ignore him if you're not interested. Or switch off and go read a book, do a job or go for a walk.      

IP Logged

Reply #44 - Feb 5th, 2016 at 1:42pm

Quote:
1796, you write about handing over sins/errors and life to Christ, similar to let go and let God. Do you know about the mechanics of how this works?

Yes. Briefly, there is a greater will than our own that takes over.

And, more significantly, when we hand over, the act of presenting our self honestly before God enables the package of mental-emotional energy to be dissolved and nullified and a new underlying value to be installed.

The full mechanics of this might get explained on the internet in a while.   

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.