Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 
Send Topic Print
Terrorists' Afterlife (Read 42869 times)

Re: Terrorists' Afterlife
Reply #75 - Nov 26th, 2015 at 1:00am

recoverer wrote on Nov 25th, 2015 at 12:30pm:
Listening to one's heart and getting emotional isn't the same thing.

Yet you confuse them.

Sure, certain emotions are felt in centres other than the heart, such as in solar plexus, pit of the belly, lower abdomen, groin, throat, head, hands, feet, even knees. But erroneous emotions are felt within the heart too.

Consider that anger and rage is felt within the heart. As is jealousy, bitterness, resentment, hatred and many other destructive conditions. Grief, loss, pride, indignation, vengeance, are felt in the heart. Consider that destructive love can feel pure, beautiful, good and right to the individual who experiences it, such as illicit affairs of the heart. Deranged jealousy feels itself to be right, and is felt in the heart. Even paedophilia or child-love as some paedophiles term it, is felt within the heart. Hatred is felt in the heart. Murder is felt in the heart. A person’s strongest values are stored and felt within the heart, no matter how wrong, misguided or selfish those values are. When those values are trampled, wrenched, hurt or offended, the heart is where the discomfort is felt, often painfully. And when those values are accommodated by circumstance the heart is where the sense of pleasure, satisfaction and rightness is felt. Anger always feels itself to be right, that is why it is so difficult to overcome. Other conditions of the heart feel themselves to be right too, yet they are wrong, destructive and deluded. And they all have their passive, subtle, background states, and their open, active, upfront states. Either way they feel right, and they are drivers. Jails and divorce courts are full of people who have followed their heart. Cunning and treacherous people manipulate others by their hearts. Yet the heart is also the centre of genuine love, forgiveness, thankfulness, faith, hope, courage and wisdom. 

Can you differentiate between emotion and heart? And between the healthy and unhealthy conditions of heart? Even though they all feel good and right and people all over the world are confusing them every day and spoiling their lives and relationships.

IP Logged

Reply #76 - Nov 27th, 2015 at 6:01am

Definitions:
Reason, the ability to weigh up known facts.
Logic, the adding together of facts.
Analysis, dividing of facts.

(To offset any reflexive criticism from those trained in logic, I am well aware of the standardised categorisations of reason and logic - inductive, deductive...and others, but I am simplifying things here for the non-formally trained thinker. Simplifying things is one of my favourite pastimes.)   

The Logical Basis

Affirmations, assertions, recitations, chants, drills,... can be beneficial, detrimental or insignificant, depending on their design and method of application.

Here is one that some readers might like to play with.

With one of either of your hands make a loose V for victory sign, or what some call a peace sign, with the first to fingers extended and the others folded inward. It is not a ridged sign but a loose formation with the extended fingers comfortable curved, not straight, and their tips about an inch apart.

Then verbally say the following:

"Two plus two equals four."

On the first word when you say "Two", tap your two fingers together lightly on a table top, arm of a chair, or on the side of your thigh. Then raise your fingers off the surface.

Continue to speak the sentence, and on the last word when you say "four", tap your two fingers again on the table, the chair, or your thigh.

On this second tap, you may tap them slightly closer to you than the previous tap, so that the four contact places where your finger tips have tapped will roughly form to the corners of a presumed square as do the four dots on a dice on its number four face. This tapping in a slightly closer place is not essential or something to be too strict about, but it can be helpful.

What is important is the tapping with the two fingers on the first and last words and the recitation of the sentence as worded.   

Repeat the sentence with the finger tap as many times as you are comfortable doing, perhaps 10 times, or more times if you like, but don't be obsessive about it. As you recite the sentence and tap on the first and last words, take a pause between each repetition and gently draw breath. Let the concept and its effect settle into your mind. Do this exercise a few times a day or as you find beneficial.

As with all affirmations, you may vary the recitations so as to keep them impactful. Perhaps alternate saying it verbally and the saying it silently in thought. Or if saying it in thought, alter or alternate the internal volume between an imagined whisper and normal internal voice. Experiment, play with it.      

I term that sentence The Logical Basis. It is the first divisible sum. It is reason, logic and analysis combined at its most primary level. It provides the foundation upon which all further logic is built. Contemplate that.

With time and practice you will notice that the logical foundation of your mind becomes stronger. And from that stronger foundation, further logic is more easily exercised.

Edit/PS:
You may do the second tap on the second "two" if you like. Experiment with both ways. See if you can sense a different effect or if one is better. It is often good to do some things both right and wrong, to sense the difference between them and zero in on what is right and best.

All human skill is comprised of three layers

Every human skill that exists is comprised of three levels or layers.

First and innermost, are the governing principles that pertain to the skill. These are the laws of physics, or laws of bio-mechanics, or laws of mind that pertain the that particular skill. These are laws of nature like, the hand is quicker than the eye (move it fast and see it blur to almost being invisible); the hand is no quicker that the body (you cannot touch a wall out of arm's reach quicker than you can lean or step forward); one step backward is quicker than one step forward, but continuous steps forward are quicker than continuous steps backward; the startle is quicker than deliberate movement; emotion follows thought; values dictate the type of emotion stirred by the thought; values are subject to judgement; distance, motion and time are united, ....etc, all laws of physics, mind and nature.   

Second is the foundation layer. This is the layer from which all techniques are executed, from which all techniques stem from and return to. This layer is the anchor keys on the keyboard upon which the fingertips rest on and from which they strike any key and then return to their position; it is the body holds and positions in wrestling and judo from which the locks are executed; it is the guards of the fencer, from which he parries, cuts and thrusts, and to which he returns after every execution; it is right seating in the saddle from which the horse is controlled with various bodily commands; it is being right seated in the driver's seat of the motor car; it is the player's positions on the football field from which they play their respective roles; it is the seat of concentrated awareness in the head from which all our operations of mind, speech and body are controlled and from which we do our meditative work; and, Two plus two equals four, is the foundation from which stems all analysis and logic. It is not just a concept, it is a basis. No logic is capable without it, and no logic or analysis comes before it.

The third and most outer layer is the layer of techniques. Techniques are the individual movements that are executed from, or that stem from and return to the foundation. They are the movements of the touch typing fingers as they strike any key; they are the parries, cuts, thrusts of the fencer; the locks, strangles and strikes of the wrestler; the movements the rider performs to control the horse; the operation of the car's controls; the manoeuvres and tactics of the football players; and the meditator's work as he directs his attention on the task he is working on. And if engaged in reason, then the techniques are his ability to weigh up known facts, to add facts together, and divide of facts.

In every human skill, the techniques come from or emerge from the foundation layer and return to it. If the foundation layer is weak or lacking, then the techniques that come from it will be weak and lacking.

And in every human skill, when the foundation is correct, then the techniques will largely look after themselves. But without a sound foundation, techniques will be haphazard and ill connected.  

When we understand this three level layering of all human skill, it enables us to quickly learn new skills. We can watch experts performing their skills, look for the place or layer their techniques are coming from and returning to, peer through the blur of outer motion and confusing detail of technique and observe the underlying layer which is the foundation. We then see the foundation layer moving slowly and powerfully beneath the surface clutter and we can easily remember and copy the foundation layer because it is simple and basic. From there we identify our objective and can easily learn the techniques that take us to our objective, particularly if we know how to categorise them into their natural groups, always studying from the greater categories down to the lesser and more detailed. Whatever the skill, keep technique close to the foundation, and always operate within in accordance with the governing principals (natural laws) that apply to that skill. 

That is part of how I have learned so many skills and have worked so many contrasting fields, for I understand how skill is layered, and I can watch someone do something and understand and copy them very quickly. I am not showing off, just telling it as it is, for those who know me often ask how I learn things so quickly, and how I identify weakness and improve things, and that is part of how I do it. There is more, such as how to gather and order knowledge, but that will have to be in another post. This post is about logic and how to become more skilful at it, and about how skill and understanding is layered.   

« Last Edit: Nov 27th, 2015 at 9:41am by 1796 »  

IP Logged

Claudio Pisani

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Lauria, Italy
Reply #77 - Nov 28th, 2015 at 7:44am

1796:
Focus 25 is described also by Bruce, it's the BST.

Love,Light & Serenity!&&Claudio
IP Logged

Claudio Pisani

Lauria, Italy
Reply #78 - Nov 28th, 2015 at 7:56am

rondele wrote on Nov 19th, 2015 at 10:54am:
.  No consequences for Hitler, his storm troopers, Dr. Mengela,  etc etc. because, of course, it was all agreed to by all parties.  Victims?  Perish (bad pun) the thought!

R

The trick is that no one of us, until incarnated, can really know who threw the first pebble! Were the today's terrorists killed by Christians during the Crusades? Are today's victims paying for their old carnages, voluntarily playing with their actual murderers?
I think that it's time of re-balancing the collective Karma, think of all the murders perpetrated in the last centuries, only forgiving our enemies, or experiencing their same destiny we can estinguish bad Karmas.
« Last Edit: Nov 29th, 2015 at 7:16am by Claudio Pisani »  

IP Logged

Reply #79 - Nov 29th, 2015 at 8:52am

What is BST?

IP Logged

Claudio Pisani

Lauria, Italy
Reply #80 - Nov 29th, 2015 at 1:30pm

Oh my! Belief Systems Territories...guess if you've ever read Bruce's books! Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

IP Logged

Reply #81 - Nov 30th, 2015 at 5:53am

Claudio Pisani wrote on Nov 29th, 2015 at 1:30pm:
Oh my! Belief Systems Territories...guess if you've ever read Bruce's books! Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

I recall Monroe somewhere used the term belief system territories and presumed he meant the astral planes, particularly those planes associated with the religions. In a sense, all the Earth's planes are belief system territories, some more so than others though.

I cannot summon the interest to read subjects such as astral travel, meditation, afterlife and such. Though I was unusually motivated to read Dying to Know by Josh Langley and was impressed by his work. I have read a fair bit about it in the past and I still read the bible.

Why so shocked?

IP Logged

doodad

ALK Member

Reply #82 - Nov 30th, 2015 at 12:47pm

Quote:
I cannot summon the interest to read subjects such as astral travel, meditation, afterlife and such.

1796: just curious.....would you say its unprofitable, unnecessary, or you've just moved past what the current info can offer?

I ask, because at 46, I wonder if I have begun my own journey of "self discovery" too late. Incorporating the knowledge (if one can all it that) that I have slowly gained into my life is difficult and unwieldy. I have begun meditation and find I enjoy it, but it has its challenges. I have decided to forgo this whole "out of the body" approach in favor of a slower and hopefully less jarring way of understanding via lucid dreaming and proceeding from there. Just starting to get decent dream recall now. Baby steps, don't know how it will go.

IP Logged

recoverer

Reply #83 - Nov 30th, 2015 at 6:22pm

1796:

I doubt that you know to what degree I confuse them. I figure that's my concern.

1796 wrote on Nov 26th, 2015 at 1:00am:
recoverer wrote on Nov 25th, 2015 at 12:30pm:
Listening to one's heart and getting emotional isn't the same thing.

Yet you confuse them.

Sure, certain emotions are felt in centres other than the heart, such as in solar plexus, pit of the belly, lower abdomen, groin, throat, head, hands, feet, even knees. But erroneous emotions are felt within the heart too.

Consider that anger and rage is felt within the heart. As is jealousy, bitterness, resentment, hatred and many other destructive conditions. Grief, loss, pride, indignation, vengeance, are felt in the heart. Consider that destructive love can feel pure, beautiful, good and right to the individual who experiences it, such as illicit affairs of the heart. Deranged jealousy feels itself to be right, and is felt in the heart. Even paedophilia or child-love as some paedophiles term it, is felt within the heart. Hatred is felt in the heart. Murder is felt in the heart. A person’s strongest values are stored and felt within the heart, no matter how wrong, misguided or selfish those values are. When those values are trampled, wrenched, hurt or offended, the heart is where the discomfort is felt, often painfully. And when those values are accommodated by circumstance the heart is where the sense of pleasure, satisfaction and rightness is felt. Anger always feels itself to be right, that is why it is so difficult to overcome. Other conditions of the heart feel themselves to be right too, yet they are wrong, destructive and deluded. And they all have their passive, subtle, background states, and their open, active, upfront states. Either way they feel right, and they are drivers. Jails and divorce courts are full of people who have followed their heart. Cunning and treacherous people manipulate others by their hearts. Yet the heart is also the centre of genuine love, forgiveness, thankfulness, faith, hope, courage and wisdom. 

Can you differentiate between emotion and heart? And between the healthy and unhealthy conditions of heart? Even though they all feel good and right and people all over the world are confusing them every day and spoiling their lives and relationships.

IP Logged

Reply #84 - Dec 1st, 2015 at 7:07am

doodad wrote on Nov 30th, 2015 at 12:47pm:
Quote:
I cannot summon the interest to read subjects such as astral travel, meditation, afterlife and such.

1796: just curious.....would you say its unprofitable, unnecessary, or you've just moved past what the current info can offer?

I ask, because at 46, I wonder if I have begun my own journey of "self discovery" too late. Incorporating the knowledge (if one can all it that) that I have slowly gained into my life is difficult and unwieldy. I have begun meditation and find I enjoy it, but it has its challenges. I have decided to forgo this whole "out of the body" approach in favor of a slower and hopefully less jarring way of understanding via lucid dreaming and proceeding from there. Just starting to get decent dream recall now. Baby steps, don't know how it will go.

The following may or may not be useful to you or others.

Possibly a mixture of those reasons and others too. For a while now I have preferred to find things out for myself. But that is just me, others may read books on the subject and that is good. Whatever your soul would have you do. 

Also, I am quite busy with my daily life lessons and work. I change careers and fields frequently and it takes a fair bit of study and personal adjustment each time. And between jobs and outside of work there are other matters to focus on too. Relationships with others are a major part of life, learning and service for each of us. I have many interests and involvements. Some of them require a lot of study. Also, there is always work to do inside myself. Our characters require regular maintenance and work, just like a motor vehicle does. My out of body and other occult type activities are now tools to help me with life's tasks, they are not the focus of my attention as they were in the past. Our most useful tools are our head with conscience, sound judgement and sensible thinking, and our heart, and our feet and hands.      

The first and foremost reason we are each here is for the lessons and duties within our physical living. Our material duties come first, and our spiritual duties apply to them. We should not get things arse about backwards.

Sometimes an individual may be drawn towards a period of inward contemplation and soul exploration. But sooner or later must come the time of application, of applying our spirituality to the world in which we live.

No, you have not left your journey of self discovery too late. No one has. But, there are stages in life, with each stage suiting a different kind of learning. And what we should do is not necessarily what we have been trying to do in the past, or what we wish we had done, or what we should have done, but what we should do is what needs doing now.

Look around you. Look at your family. Look at you relationships with others. Look at those you mix with and frequent. Look at you job, your work or your lack of work. Look at your community. What needs doing? What can you do? Where can you work? How can you serve?

Don't think about money. Don't think about your lack of opportunity or qualifications. Just commit yourself to your true Employer and ask to be put to work. And in the meantime, don't wait, put yourself to work in any way you can, no matter how menial or seemingly petty.

Remain committed to your true Employer and at their right time stepping stones will rise before your feet, doors will open, opportunities for service and learning will present themselves. Some opportunities will amaze you at where they take you, and others will amaze you because they were right next to you all along.   

Also, work on your character. Make it strong and virtuous as you can. Cultivate conscience, it is the organ at the inner upper pinnacle of your soul through which your God communicates to you. Realising this is faith. Cultivate faith. Begin with a quiet awareness of God within yourself. Every evening practice self assessment. Look at how you performed that day, what you could have done better, and how you intend to perform tomorrow. Don't let guilt or failure paralyse you. Regret and shame are the growing pains of soul. Keep on walking on. You are human and God knows that. There is no burden in all the universe greater than the burden of freewill. What human has learnt to wield it wisely? Ask forgiveness and understand and forgive others for their freewill burden too. Look after your relationship with truth and love, and all your other relationships will look after themselves. There is no failure, only learning. Practice saying heartfelt thankfulness for every lesson in every experience, no matter how pleasant or unpleasant, and for every little beauty, blessing, and opportunity.

As long as we live, our spiritual learning and growing continues. In some form, in some way, the lessons and the opportunities to learn and grow and serve are around us and within us right now. We just need to see them and apply our self to them. From there the ball starts rolling.      

IP Logged

seagull

ALK Member

land sea sky
Reply #85 - Dec 1st, 2015 at 8:24am

It's not too late. It's never too late to explore, and you can choose your own way. Over time I have learned to make less distinction between this and the "other" world.

Your dreaming life can show you many things. Are you being chased? Are you displaying out of character qualities when interacting with people in your dreams? What is the environment like? These are interesting to observe, but that moment when you realize you are floating -- priceless.

I used to think that the afterlife was about gaining something -- some kind of security, some kind of continuity, some kind of relief, etc. etc. -- but it is really about letting many things go. Just let them go.

IP Logged

doodad

ALK Member

Reply #86 - Dec 1st, 2015 at 11:16am

Thank you both very much for the advice.

1796: I appreciate the time you took to write that. I have had some thoughts down similar lines, but hadn't put them together like that. Thanks.

Quote:
I used to think that the afterlife was about gaining something -- some kind of security, some kind of continuity, some kind of relief, etc. etc. -- but it is really about letting many things go. Just let them go.

This I need to think about also as that is how I have viewed it up to now.

IP Logged

Justin
Ex Member

Reply #87 - Dec 1st, 2015 at 6:41pm

I guess some folks missed my core, basic point earlier.

More plainly stated, all terrorist activities should be called out and denounced, not just those committed by religious extremists, but also those committed by governments and military's.  It all should be labeled "terrorism". 

I'm well aware of the history of the Middle East. No doubt there would still be some terrorists motivated by extremist ideologies even if there wasn't ever any western meddling, but the simple truth is, even with that factor, the huge majority of Muslims are peaceful people.  And contrary to mainstream media pushed and repeated assertion, there are Muslim activists very vocal in denouncing Muslims who commit violence in their religion's name.

Look at the sordid, bloody history of Christianity. In the grand scheme of things, Islam hasn't been as destructive. It's a newer religion and like any belief system, is changing over time. 

Btw, an excellent book on the Israel-Palestine history and issue is "The Ethnic Cleansing of Palestine" by Israeli historian Ilian Pappe. 

As he points out in this book, and in other avenues of communication, prior to western meddling over there, Muslims and Jews lived side by side most often peacefully for a very long time.  Since Israel was artificially parceled out by western powers, it's been a mess. Yet another example of western meddling facilitating huge messes.

Anyone who paints the picture of the Middle East in an overly black and white manner, and demonizes Islam and Muslims, either is ignorant or has an agenda. I wonder how many of these have even visited a Muslim country? 

I have no love for Islam, or any religion.  I hope that some day, all religions will die so that true spirituality, Universal Love in action, rises from the ashes.  This day will likely come and the seeds of same will be planted even in this short life.

IP Logged

Claudio Pisani

Lauria, Italy
Reply #88 - Dec 3rd, 2015 at 12:28pm

To 1796
I was shocked because this is Bruce's board and he has done a big job exploring BST, so I presume that we all have read his books! Shocked

IP Logged

Claudio Pisani

Lauria, Italy
Reply #89 - Dec 3rd, 2015 at 12:28pm

PS: Even I from Italy!! Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.