Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Send Topic Print
Terrorists' Afterlife (Read 42855 times)
seagull

ALK Member

land sea sky
Re: Terrorists' Afterlife
Reply #45 - Nov 18th, 2015 at 6:50pm

In what way are you grateful? Just to clarify.

It is reassuring to know that some people are willing to do this kind of work.

Also, I don't believe that people always harm others willingly. They are coerced. They are poor and isolated. There are many reasons.

If you look at every major religion in the world it is clear that some practitioners use them to oppress others. Any idea can be made into a religion and can be used to shame and coerce and oppress others. It is only a different shade of the exact same thing -- a love of power over others.

IP Logged

recoverer

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Reply #46 - Nov 18th, 2015 at 7:27pm

How am I grateful? If existence is going to have the ability to manifest with freedom, then it has to be allowed that negative manifestations will take place.

If I had the choice of incarnating as a person who is raped or the rapist, I'd chose being the person who is raped, because I would hate to have the mindset that allows a person to rape another.

If a rapist viewed things as I view them, there is no way he could rape another. So there must be some wisdom and connection to love that he is missing. I wouldn't like to miss this connection. In order for the creative process to have freedom, I figure that some wisdom lacking soul had to take on the burden of being a rapist. In a way, souls who take on negative incarnations make sacrifices that some souls had to take on.

Consider a soul who incarnates into a lifetime where it knows that it will be abused by its parents to an extreme extent. It understands that in all likelihood it would become traumatized and develop multiple personality disorder. Some soul had to take on this responsibility because the abusive parents decided to have a child.

Free will has limited value if a soul hasn't reached the  point where it has the wisdom to use it in a wise, loving and productive manner.

If I consider my own shortcomings, I can see that they aren't always easy to overcome. Conflicting patterns of mind compete with each other.

seagull wrote on Nov 18th, 2015 at 6:50pm:
In what way are you grateful? Just to clarify.

It is reassuring to know that some people are willing to do this kind of work.

Also, I don't believe that people always harm others willingly. They are coerced. They are poor and isolated. There are many reasons.

If you look at every major religion in the world it is clear that some practitioners use them to oppress others. Any idea can be made into a religion and can be used to shame and coerce and oppress others. It is only a different shade of the exact same thing -- a love of power over others.

IP Logged

Claudio Pisani

Lauria, Italy
Reply #47 - Nov 19th, 2015 at 4:11am

Interesting replies, but no one has ever visited a terrorists' F25 ? I'm scared of doing it! Undecided

Love,Light & Serenity!&&Claudio
IP Logged

Reply #48 - Nov 19th, 2015 at 4:40am

Claudio Pisani wrote on Nov 19th, 2015 at 4:11am:
Interesting replies, but no one has ever visited a terrorists' F25 ? I'm scared of doing it! Undecided

What is an F25?

Edit: I presume this is it: https://monroeinstituteuk.org/focus-levels/
« Last Edit: Nov 19th, 2015 at 7:51am by 1796 »  

IP Logged

Rondele
Ex Member

Reply #49 - Nov 19th, 2015 at 8:38am

<<Regarding the attackers, I see them as victims as well, victims of ignorance who believe wrongly that taking things into their own hands in this way benefits anyone.>>

So if the perpetrators of these despicable acts really are victims, what does that mean in terms of consequences for what they did?  I suppose the terrorists who flew the planes into the WTC, killing over 3,000 people, were also victims?

Following your thinking on this, what do you suppose they are facing in the afterlife?  If they are really victims, I wonder if they escaped any negative consequences for their actions?

R

IP Logged

doodad

ALK Member

Reply #50 - Nov 19th, 2015 at 10:18am

Quote:
So if the perpetrators of these despicable acts really are victims, what does that mean in terms of consequences for what they did?  I suppose the terrorists who flew the planes into the WTC, killing over 3,000 people, were also victims?

Following your thinking on this, what do you suppose they are facing in the afterlife?  If they are really victims, I wonder if they escaped any negative consequences for their actions?

Exactly. This ties in with what I was asking on the reincarnation thread. If one "decides" they want to experience being a terrorist or a serial killer, "decide" where they want to be born and who to so they can "gain experience and learn lessons" then by logical extension no one is a victim. All our "afterlife friends" came down to help us and we probably murdered them too. We'll all laugh about it later. And further, no one should end up stuck in a BST or a hell zone either. We knew what we were doing ahead of time and what we wanted to get out of life. Kind of turns that theory on its head for me. Makes no sense.

IP Logged

Rondele
Ex Member

Reply #51 - Nov 19th, 2015 at 10:54am

There's lots of sheer lunacy about these kinds of things. Many years ago a former member of this board proclaimed that before Hitler and those he had murdered were incarnated, they all got together and formulated their plan for the Holocaust.  Hitler, accommodating fellow that he was, agreed to play the role of the bad guy and thousands of other souls happily agreed to be burned in ovens in order to teach the world a needed lesson about, I guess, the horrors of evil.

And then, after they all died, they had a happy reunion in the afterlife, congratulating each other for pulling off their successful drama.  No consequences for Hitler, his storm troopers, Dr. Mengela,  etc etc. because, of course, it was all agreed to by all parties.  Victims?  Perish (bad pun) the thought!

R

IP Logged

seagull

ALK Member

land sea sky
Reply #52 - Nov 19th, 2015 at 11:00am

You're free to look at it however you like. It is understandable that people get frustrated and angry in this world.

However, there are a lot of nde accounts which show that there is enough love to go around for everyone, even those who commit acts here on earth that people find abhorrent. Many people do come back with a greater appreciation of what love actually is and how important it is because of their experiences.

Regarding the planning of our lives here, how would I know? I don't claim to be an expert on the afterlife.

IP Logged

doodad

ALK Member

Reply #53 - Nov 19th, 2015 at 11:26am

Seagull,

Just for the record, my comments weren't directed at you. I can see these types of people - Hitler, Stalin, Bin Laden, et al - as victims in the sense that they are victims of themselves. And because they let their twisted ego or whatever rule over them, they will likely suffer more acutely and longer than their victims until they are willing to examine themselves. Who knows how long that might take? But we all have choices here in this life. We can choose to value and cherish human life or fill our soul with hate and snuff it out. There are many people who have grown up in deplorable circumstances and have become a shining light. Many have grown up with everything and nurtured hatred and evil. The people who do these types of evil acts have, by their own choice, fed the wrong dog.

IP Logged

Rondele
Ex Member

Reply #54 - Nov 19th, 2015 at 11:29am

doodad- very well said.

R

IP Logged

recoverer

Reply #55 - Nov 19th, 2015 at 12:57pm

On the other hand, if it was so easy to choose good over bad, so many people wouldn't choose bad. I believe it is more than a coincidence that people who are exposed to bad influences are much more likely to manifest in a negative way than people who aren't exposed to such influences. So what if a person didn't end up becoming something such as a gang banger if he didn't grow up in a neighborhood where gang activity is prevalent. To deny the effect of negative influences is the same as denying the positive effect of good influences, such as people who set good examples.

If people who do bad things actually had complete access to the wisdom that would enable them choose love based actions, then why do they end up doing bad things? When I feel the inspiration of divine love, this is no small thing. Such inspiration is quite convincing. It helps that I'm not overburdened with negative influences. If I was like some people and found it difficult to tune into divine inspiration and was overburdened by negative influences, chances are that I also would end up manifesting in a negative way.

Every soul needs some time to reach the point where it has the wisdom to know that a love-based approach is the way to go. If they were simply downloaded with such wisdom when they are created, they wouldn't have free will. They would be like a robots. Perhaps God is so wise and loving that rather than creating all of us like a bunch of mindless machines, he provided us with the opportunity to find out for ourselves what approach to existence works best. Certainly this approach has some short comings such as terrorists, but as least way we aren't will lacking robots.

For people who like to think of what Jesus said, if the prodigal son story came from him, what does it mean? If he saw deceased terrorists arriving in a lower realm, would he throw stones at them, or would he see the big picture and out of love find a way to help them find a better way?

Consider what Bruce Moen wrote about light being helpers crying when spirits slipped back into lower realms. Perhaps such helping spirits are in touch with a level of love and wisdom that is really worthwhile.

doodad wrote on Nov 19th, 2015 at 11:26am:
Seagull,

Just for the record, my comments weren't directed at you. I can see these types of people - Hitler, Stalin, Bin Laden, et al - as victims in the sense that they are victims of themselves. And because they let their twisted ego or whatever rule over them, they will likely suffer more acutely and longer than their victims until they are willing to examine themselves. Who knows how long that might take? But we all have choices here in this life. We can choose to value and cherish human life or fill our soul with hate and snuff it out. There are many people who have grown up in deplorable circumstances and have become a shining light. Many have grown up with everything and nurtured hatred and evil. The people who do these types of evil acts have, by their own choice, fed the wrong dog.

IP Logged

Rondele
Ex Member

Reply #56 - Nov 19th, 2015 at 1:22pm

<<To deny the effect of negative influences is the same as denying the positive effect of good influences, such as people who set good examples.>>

Albert- that's a strawman argument.  Nobody has denied the effect of negative influences.  Of course it has an effect.  The point is, we all have free will to choose.  If no one had free will, it would be a different matter.

R

IP Logged

doodad

ALK Member

Reply #57 - Nov 19th, 2015 at 1:57pm

Quote:
Albert- that's a strawman argument.  Nobody has denied the effect of negative influences.  Of course it has an effect.  The point is, we all have free will to choose.  If no one had free will, it would be a different matter.

Agreed. And isn't it a sign of personal growth that we can take responsibility for our actions even with negative influences? I think we're all saying ultimately the same thing.

IP Logged

recoverer

Reply #58 - Nov 19th, 2015 at 2:07pm

What precisely happens when a person chooses bad rather than good? One could say that such a person chose in a selfish manner, but what precisely makes it so some people tilt towards a selfish decision while others don't?

It seems to me that there are cause and effect reasons as to why some people are much better as choosing a positive way than others.

If you could closely compare the psychological conditioning and wisdom of a person who chooses poorly with the conditioning and wisdom of somebody who chooses in a positive way, you would probably see noticeable differences.

Wherever we are in our spiritual growth, we have to start from where we are.

rondele wrote on Nov 19th, 2015 at 1:22pm:
<<To deny the effect of negative influences is the same as denying the positive effect of good influences, such as people who set good examples.>>

R

IP Logged

Rondele
Ex Member

Reply #59 - Nov 19th, 2015 at 2:34pm

doodad wrote on Nov 19th, 2015 at 1:57pm:
Quote:

Agreed. And isn't it a sign of personal growth that we can take responsibility for our actions even with negative influences? I think we're all saying ultimately the same thing.

Yes, personal growth does require, among other things, that we own up to the things we do, regardless of "root causes."  I would, however, draw the line when it comes to characterizing terrorists as victims.  To give the impression that there's an equivalency between those who commit acts of atrocities and those who die agonizing deaths at their hands is simply wrong.

R

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.