Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Augmentation on Human Sensory Perception (Part 1) (Read 8330 times)
Alan McDougall

South Africa
Augmentation on Human Sensory Perception (Part 1)
Sep 9th, 2015 at 11:01am

Hi People I have returned on invitation of a senior long time member!

Disclaimer

What I write below, is subjectively true, but at the same time I am ready to I admit that I  have a very imaginative curious mind, and events I describe are more real, more vivid and more beautiful than anything I have experienced in my normal state.

The reader can take the events described in this document as a 'Story" which I wrote in the first person. Except for the essays I wrote as informative or guidance , on how the physical universe works and issues like how to get the most out of our very short journey as mortal beings on planet earth.

After all Almighty God imagined creation in his infinite mind , and made all of reality by putting his thoughts and words into action. I attempted to do the same with my limited knowledge and understanding of the realities I downloaded into my conscious mind, hopefully the reader/s will find this testimony and story informative and interesting.

I write in the first person, however you can interpret the essay as you understand it from your perspective.

Prelude

Few of the truly great scientists of this or any other era would ultimately deny the importance of these mystical components in their own creative capabilities.

What is much more problematic and controversial is whether modern science has the technical, epistemological, and intuitive capacity to demonstrate, comprehend, and incorporate such elusive factors in any rigorous and systematic fashion within its own analytical paradigm.

Max Planck, a founding father of quantum physics: “Scientists have learned that the starting-point of their investigations does not lie solely in the perceptions of the senses, and that science cannot exist without some small portion of metaphysics.

Modern Physics impresses us particularly with the truth of the old doctrine which teaches that there are realities existing apart from our sense-perceptions, and that there are problems and conflicts where these realities are of greater value for us than the richest treasures of the world of experience.”

Belief in miracle is a very important element in the cultural history of the human race. Is there, in the last analysis, some basically sound foothold for this belief in miracle, no matter how bizarre and illogical may be the outer forms it takes?

All matter originates and exists only by virtue of a force which brings the particle of an atom to vibration and holds this most minute solar system of the atom together. We must assume behind this force the existence of a conscious and intelligent mind. This mind is the matrix of all matter.

I call it Almighty God

How consciousness and human sensory perception meet

According to the second law of thermodynamics, the universe is doomed.

Part of this law, entropy, dictates that anything left to itself will head toward degeneration, disintegration, and chaos. though circumstances exist in which order is created, there is said to be a net loss of order; entropy reigns in the bigger picture.

The universe is defined as a great machine running down and wearing out,” explains general systems scientist George land of the university of Minnesota and educator Beth s. Jarman, PhD., in their recently published book “nature’s hidden force: joining spirituality and science.” as land and Jarman see it, “this law has created a bleak and dismal worldview that has permeated science, philosophy, and much literature since the 1800s.”

This law has created a bleak and dismal worldview that has permeated science, philosophy, and much literature.

Dr George land and Beth Jarman

Land and Jarman are part of an undercurrent in the scientific community looking at how the universe may actually be moving toward greater order. some say this supreme organizing force may be related to consciousness.
Of course, consciousness is far from being well-understood by the scientific community. and the supremacy of entropy is still held to be a law of physics.

But, it is interesting to look at some of the theories, ponderings, and reasoning's presented by those who think we’re not living in a great machine doomed to degenerate into chaos.

Princeton university experiments

Dr. Robert Jahn, Dean Emeritus of Princeton University’s School of Engineering and Applied  Science, wrote in his book “margins of reality”: “attempts have been made to ascribe to consciousness an entropy-reducing capability that allows it to exert an ordering influence on otherwise random physical processes, thereby reversing their normal thermodynamic tendency toward minimum information and maximum chaos.”

Experiments conducted at Princeton suggest consciousness may indeed contribute to such an ordering process, Jahn said. researchers at the Princeton engineering anomalies research (pear) laboratory began to show in the 1990s that the human mind could influence a machine known as a random event generator (reg).

Regs produce either 1s or 0s. they’re like electronic coin flippers, producing two possible outcomes generated at random. operators were asked to direct their intention at the machine to cause it to produce either more 1s or more 0s. the reg displayed a corresponding tendency toward the choice of the subject at a rate well above chance.

On the other hand the esteemed Astronomer Sir James Jean, once quoted  "The more I look at the universe though my great telescope the less like a great machine it becomes and the more like a great thought from the mind of an infinite intelligence

The mind seems to have added some order to the random physical processes.

Important ordering events in the universe

Entropy is said to occur within a closed system, a system which is unable to receive new energy from outside itself. on the other hand, a tendency toward order may occur within an open system, one which is able to receive new energy from outside itself.

Living beings take in energy from outside, for example, so order may increase inside the human body. but, in exchange for creating order within our bodies, we add to the disorder outside of our bodies

We export entropy to the outside world. In the universe as a whole, entropy still increases. this is the widely accepted view in the scientific community.

Dr. Allan Leslie Combs, who is developing a consciousness studies program at the California institute of integral studies, described how the creation of order actually extends beyond the limits currently placed on it.

He wrote in a paper titled “the evolution of consciousness as a self-organizing information system in the society of other such systems”:

The occasional outposts where systems swim upstream like salmons against the entropic current were understood to be in some sense unnatural. these recalcitrant systems included living organisms of all types, and evidently ecological systems as well.

It is increasingly apparent that such salmon-like systems are not only common, but the natural and inevitable result of inherent self-organizing processes grounded in the basic architecture of the cosmos.”

Energy currents have an innate tendency to divide into structures “that capture energy and use it to organize even more complex, flexible, and tenacious … structures.

We are now coming to understand, Combs said, that energy currents have an innate tendency to divide into structures “that capture energy and use it to organize even more complex, flexible, and tenacious … structures.” shape changes that increase the efficiency of energy flow, such as whirlpools or tornadoes, are a basic representation of this energy-driven evolution.

The result is a natural cosmos that moves toward increasing complexity when driven by energy concentrations,” he wrote.

A similar increase in complexity and energy concentration is observed in the human consciousness, he said. he looked at psychological processes and the neurological—the physical effects that undergird them. he cited research that showed these psychological processes are partially chaotic. they are not predictable in detail.

Dr Allan Combs suggests that consciousness, can be understood as a “complex system comprised of chaotic or chaotic-like psychological processes.”

The chaos allows for flexibility, but our consciousness draws from the chaotic elements and places them into some kind of order.

As our consciousness grapples with things of increasing complexity, electrochemical changes occur in the brain. “the complexification associated  with a conscious experience also involves an increase in energy, though this may be only a small amount,” he said.

Advances by energy-driven interdependent (complex) dynamics lead  to increasing levels of organization,” Combs said.

Entropy heightened during altered state of consciousness

The ordering effect of consciousness was also explored in a study by researchers at the Imperial College London published in February 2014 in the journal frontiers in human neuroscience, titled “the entropic brain: a theory of conscious states informed by neuro-imaging research with psychedelic drugs.”

The researchers observed in neuro-imaging data that people who had taken the psychedelic drug psilocybin displayed elevated entropy in certain aspects of brain function. they hypothesized that entropy is suppressed in normal waking consciousness.

Perception in Nature

Experiments in neurosciences have shown that we reach our understanding or subjective perception of the outside world selectively

In roughly this sequence

1) Our sensory organs send message into our brain

2) From this information the brain constructs its own simulation of reality

3) Only then do we have conscious experience of our milieu

3) The outside word comes into our consciousness in the form of a map, already drawn, a story already told, a hypothesis a construct of our own making

4) What is the actual absolute reality out beyond our senses is still somewhat of a mystery

What is reality?

My experiences are stated in the following Chapters

The capacity of human sensory organs such as, the eye for sight, ear for sound, nose for smell, skin for touch, tongue pallet/nose for taste, are very limited and can easily be fooled. 

It is true that we humans are the most highly intelligent sentient beings on our planet and due of our relatively huge brains, were able to invent and perfect many artificial means and methods of increasing the range and sensitivity of our five senses, far beyond the barriers of the average capacity.

What we perceive is not a true reflection of reality. In fact, the brain makes best guesses about the outside world from surprisingly limited source of information. Research shows the brain reconstructs the rich tapestry but not correct of what we sense and experience from bits of scattered input data.

The reality we perceive us is a but a tiny fraction of the entire environment surrounding us, because God or evolution has designed us to only react or act only to very specific impulses, which are essential to sustain us as a viable and successful species on planet earth.  In this we are not special and these limitations of evolution effect other animal species as well.

We are internally programmed to perceive only within a narrow band and very limited range what truly surrounds us.  Due to these embedded limiting sensory capacities and ingrained factors, we only respond to sensory signals, that are essential for our continued survival, as a viable sentient species on planet earth.

As an comparison with the above paragraph. Lets examine the life of a frog, although its eye sends host of visual messages to the cortex of its brain, its brain ignores most of them as redundant,

Because just in the manner of humans, it is likewise programmed to react only to the movement or vibration of its food source, which is mostly insects. The frog is not concerned with the detail of stationary objects of the world around it.  He will starve to death surrounded by food if it is not moving. His choice of food is determined only by size and movement.

A frog does not see it mothers face, it cannot appreciate the beauty of colours  it sees or perceives only when it needs to eat and to avoid being eaten by other animals

The human eye brain combination is greatly more selective, in fact in magnitudes compared to that of a frog.

However, although we humans think we see everything out in the world at large, we should consider that  bees perceive ultralight written in the pattern of flows to enable them the select the very best flows for honey gathering. Or owls see in the dark, dogs hear sounds far above the range of the human ear and have a sense of smell thousands of times mote acute than we do. Insect even pick up the vibration of molecules

Another example of this is the security metal detector gate found in most airports, it will only beep when it senses metal and let any other object pass through.

We miss a great deal of reality and cannot normally perceive exactly all that is really happening around us, because nature has created us dismiss much of what the brain takes in, as extraneous, irrelevant or redundant garbage.

We have been programmed over the ages to only perceive that which is necessary for our survival as a viable species on planet earth.  Our brains fill in the gaps and limitations of our sensory organs by creating a false picture of reality, to keep us comfortable.

The brain assists us in determining what we see, as can be demonstrated by trying to read while moving your head or while tapping the corner of one closed eye Try it and you will notice what I mean. Your brain receives information from sensory receptors that inform it about body position and movement. Thus it can compensate for the head movements but not the taps.

The brain also is programmed to see what we expect to see. Tests of people using an “Ames room,” which from a certain angle of view seems normal but whose shape is in fact distorted, show that they perceive two average-sized people in the room as a giant and a midget.

The Ames Room illusion

the Ames Room test on You Tube and you will be amazed how easily we can be fooled even though we know the two people in the Ames Room are nearly the same height and stature. Various other optical illusions have been invented to test perceptions and how the brain organizes the information it receives.

It is thought that this organizing ability is partly genetically determined and activated by an individual’s early visual experience.

Two special abilities of humans, which appear to be tied to our social evolution, are good face recognition and an ability to read the emotions of others.

The human nervous system has evolved to receive only a fraction of the possible stimuli that exist, and it differs from those of other animals in several respects. Thanks to our evolutionary history of living in trees, for instance, we have stereoscopic color vision.

Yet compared with that of dogs and other animals, our perception of odours and sounds is very poor. Even more removed from human experience, bats find their way about by echoes, and some fish use electric fields, although all of them lack some of our perceptual abilities.

Our dominant sense is that of sight, that is why a human male , unlike most other animals can get sexually excited just by a picture of a strange beautiful human woman. Woman are likewise very visual beings and can fantasize a romance with a handsome man , she has only observed in a photo. Of course the terms I used handsome and beautiful are subjective, what is attractive to one person might not be attractive to another.

To overcome the limitations of our sensory perception, we are the only entities known to have successfully, invented tools or aids to increase our abilities to absorb impulses and  to perceive more of reality both from a distance and down into the infinitesimal.

By use of these inventions and many other truly amazing tools and resources, we can now perceive objects far out in the boundless cosmos and look down into the depths into the minute and infinitesimal quantum world, which are the fundamental building blocks of our entire universe.

Our memories especially our short term memory are extremely limited and it became imperative for us to invent external means, to record, store and recall our memories, especially our long term memories for future reference.

Namely, by means of writing, on pen and paper, print media, tape storage and now the colossal capacity of the computer that has given us an almost infinite place to store our memories.

Of course the ability to read what we wrote or interpret what we have stored in different media became an essential factor in our survival and this led to the schooling of children as we now see it all over the world.

If we observe a series of what we perceive visually as normal events and observe something unusual or abnormal, it always seems to remain in our visual field and memory longer, even though it might have happened at exactly the same amount of time or even faster. This is called the "Odd Visual Effect".

Ultimately tools like the internet might contain a complete copy and easy method of access to that knowledge, of all human activities and history down through the ages.

This will allowed us to immensely free our minds for other tasks to create a new human species of highly advances superhuman or homo-sapient-superiors beings, that will have the ability to leave earth and explore the universe.

Attention blindness, is a memory and storage limitation of the human brain. Something we all are subjected to, but are mostly unaware of, until we are asked as an example, witness in court, for a crime committed and the necessity to recall exactly how that event played out before us that day.

Many accused persons have been wrongly jailed for life or even executed for this lack of accurate perception.  Most witnesses do not lie, they report what they thought they had observed, which at times are far off of what actually happened on the scene of the crime.

Within the huge electromagnetic spectrum, we humans are only able to use to tiny slit with our very limited visual sensory perception capacities. The same goes for our other sensory organs such as auditory vibration used by us for hearing, etc. I could go on but leave it at that for now..

Augmented Human Perception

Increased awareness and by augmentation of human sensory perception

I am still busy with this paper on human perception, but thought I would post it now because at my age I could pop over into the afterlife at any moment.

Greetings people, I write about an new and enhanced way of how to perceive reality! I achieved much of this by enhancing my sensory perception capacity, during an altered state of consciousness.

Some of the methods I developed to achieved this state it is/are a private matter, that even my close family members are not aware of. While what I describe it is subjectively true, much of it comes from an external objective point of view.

What I write below is both from subjective experiences of my own and some of it originates from my studies into human sensory perception, and are as close to the objective point of view that I could achieve..

I am well aware of the limitation and variation of "normal" human sensory perception from one person to the other, for instance one person might be hard at hearing another have poor eyesight another suffer from a spinal injury leading to extreme loss of sensation in the body. Age makes a difference, with an 80 year of age person having a much less sensitivity to stimuli than a young person. A young child can here sounds far outside the octave range of adults, even young adults.

We know by scientific experiment that the human brain works incredibly fast. However, visual impressions are so complex that their processing takes several hundred milliseconds before they enter our consciousness. Scientists have now shown that this delay may vary in length. When the brain possesses some prior information, that is, when it already knows what it is about to see (A sort of precognition).

Until now, neuroscience has assumed that the processes leading up to conscious perception were rather rigid and that their timing did not vary .This flexibility and dynamism of the human brain and the variations between the brains of different individuals as well as the non psychical part namely the mind or soul; I believe exists, has led my to explore ways of overcoming the barriers of human sensory perception.

The aim of my research and experiments was to use myself as the subject and to find by experimentation ways and means to re-energize and restore lost sensory perception and to develops ways to hugely enhance normal healthy human sensory perception. I thought that one method might be substitution between senses using synethezia, an ability I believe most people could develop and which I will explain in later chapters of this paper.

The traditional five senses model , namely sight, sound, smell and taste is credited to Aristotle, but is very limiting and not at all accurate or complete.

What is called the five human senses can really be subdivided down further, into fields such as pressure sensitive, intensity of pain,, the ability to balance,, thirst, hunger.

Go to part 2 if interested?

Alan

Blessings and Light

Alan McDougall
WWW <a href= <a href=  
IP Logged

Re: Augmentation on Human Sensory Perception (Part 1)
Reply #1 - Sep 12th, 2015 at 12:45pm

Alan, it is not clear from your citations which are yours and other's sentences.

IP Logged

Alan McDougall

South Africa
Reply #2 - Sep 12th, 2015 at 1:37pm

1796 wrote on Sep 12th, 2015 at 12:45pm:
Alan, it is not clear from your citations which are yours and other's sentences.

From here on it is my work!

Quote:
What is reality?

The capacity of human sensory organs such as, the eye for sight, ear for sound, nose for smell, skin for touch, tongue pallet/nose for taste, are very limited and can easily be fooled. 

It is true that we humans are the most highly intelligent sentient beings on our planet and due of our relatively huge brains, were able to invent and perfect many artificial means and methods of increasing the range and sensitivity of our five senses, far beyond the barriers of the average capacity.

What we perceive is not a true reflection of reality. In fact, the brain makes best guesses about the outside world from surprisingly limited source of information. Research shows the brain reconstructs the rich tapestry but not correct of what we sense and experience from bits of scattered input data.

The reality we perceive us is a but a tiny fraction of the entire environment surrounding us, because God or evolution has designed us to only react or act only to very specific impulses, which are essential to sustain us as a viable and successful species on planet earth.  In this we are not special and these limitations of evolution effect other animal species as well.

We are internally programmed to perceive only within a narrow band and very limited range what truly surrounds us.  Due to these embedded limiting sensory capacities and ingrained factors, we only respond to sensory signals, that are essential for our continued survival, as a viable sentient species on planet earth.

As an comparison with the above paragraph. Lets examine the life of a frog, although its eye sends host of visual messages to the cortex of its brain, its brain ignores most of them as redundant,

Because just in the manner of humans, it is likewise programmed to react only to the movement or vibration of its food source, which is mostly insects. The frog is not concerned with the detail of stationary objects of the world around it.  He will starve to death surrounded by food if it is not moving. His choice of food is determined only by size and movement.

A frog does not see it mothers face, it cannot appreciate the beauty of colours  it sees or perceives only when it needs to eat and to avoid being eaten by other animals

Blessings and Light

Alan McDougall
WWW <a href= <a href=  
IP Logged

Gman

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Reply #3 - Sep 13th, 2015 at 12:20am

Alan McDougall wrote on Sep 9th, 2015 at 11:01am:
Hi People I have returned on invitation of a senior long time member!

Disclaimer

What I write below, is subjectively true, but at the same time I am ready to I admit that I  have a very imaginative curious mind, and events I describe are more real, more vivid and more beautiful than anything I have experienced in my normal state.

The reader can take the events described in this document as a 'Story" which I wrote in the first person. Except for the essays I wrote as informative or guidance , on how the physical universe works and issues like how to get the most out of our very short journey as mortal beings on planet earth.

After all Almighty God imagined creation in his infinite mind , and made all of reality by putting his thoughts and words into action. I attempted to do the same with my limited knowledge and understanding of the realities I downloaded into my conscious mind, hopefully the reader/s will find this testimony and story informative and interesting.

I write in the first person, however you can interpret the essay as you understand it from your perspective.

Prelude

Few of the truly great scientists of this or any other era would ultimately deny the importance of these mystical components in their own creative capabilities.

What is much more problematic and controversial is whether modern science has the technical, epistemological, and intuitive capacity to demonstrate, comprehend, and incorporate such elusive factors in any rigorous and systematic fashion within its own analytical paradigm.

Max Planck, a founding father of quantum physics: “Scientists have learned that the starting-point of their investigations does not lie solely in the perceptions of the senses, and that science cannot exist without some small portion of metaphysics.

Modern Physics impresses us particularly with the truth of the old doctrine which teaches that there are realities existing apart from our sense-perceptions, and that there are problems and conflicts where these realities are of greater value for us than the richest treasures of the world of experience.”

Belief in miracle is a very important element in the cultural history of the human race. Is there, in the last analysis, some basically sound foothold for this belief in miracle, no matter how bizarre and illogical may be the outer forms it takes?

All matter originates and exists only by virtue of a force which brings the particle of an atom to vibration and holds this most minute solar system of the atom together. We must assume behind this force the existence of a conscious and intelligent mind. This mind is the matrix of all matter.

I call it Almighty God

How consciousness and human sensory perception meet

According to the second law of thermodynamics, the universe is doomed.

Part of this law, entropy, dictates that anything left to itself will head toward degeneration, disintegration, and chaos. though circumstances exist in which order is created, there is said to be a net loss of order; entropy reigns in the bigger picture.

The universe is defined as a great machine running down and wearing out,” explains general systems scientist George land of the university of Minnesota and educator Beth s. Jarman, PhD., in their recently published book “nature’s hidden force: joining spirituality and science.” as land and Jarman see it, “this law has created a bleak and dismal worldview that has permeated science, philosophy, and much literature since the 1800s.”

This law has created a bleak and dismal worldview that has permeated science, philosophy, and much literature.

Dr George land and Beth Jarman

Land and Jarman are part of an undercurrent in the scientific community looking at how the universe may actually be moving toward greater order. some say this supreme organizing force may be related to consciousness.
Of course, consciousness is far from being well-understood by the scientific community. and the supremacy of entropy is still held to be a law of physics.

But, it is interesting to look at some of the theories, ponderings, and reasoning's presented by those who think we’re not living in a great machine doomed to degenerate into chaos.

Princeton university experiments

Dr. Robert Jahn, Dean Emeritus of Princeton University’s School of Engineering and Applied  Science, wrote in his book “margins of reality”: “attempts have been made to ascribe to consciousness an entropy-reducing capability that allows it to exert an ordering influence on otherwise random physical processes, thereby reversing their normal thermodynamic tendency toward minimum information and maximum chaos.”

Experiments conducted at Princeton suggest consciousness may indeed contribute to such an ordering process, Jahn said. researchers at the Princeton engineering anomalies research (pear) laboratory began to show in the 1990s that the human mind could influence a machine known as a random event generator (reg).

Regs produce either 1s or 0s. they’re like electronic coin flippers, producing two possible outcomes generated at random. operators were asked to direct their intention at the machine to cause it to produce either more 1s or more 0s. the reg displayed a corresponding tendency toward the choice of the subject at a rate well above chance.

On the other hand the esteemed Astronomer Sir James Jean, once quoted  "The more I look at the universe though my great telescope the less like a great machine it becomes and the more like a great thought from the mind of an infinite intelligence

The mind seems to have added some order to the random physical processes.

Important ordering events in the universe

Entropy is said to occur within a closed system, a system which is unable to receive new energy from outside itself. on the other hand, a tendency toward order may occur within an open system, one which is able to receive new energy from outside itself.

Living beings take in energy from outside, for example, so order may increase inside the human body. but, in exchange for creating order within our bodies, we add to the disorder outside of our bodies

We export entropy to the outside world. In the universe as a whole, entropy still increases. this is the widely accepted view in the scientific community.

Dr. Allan Leslie Combs, who is developing a consciousness studies program at the California institute of integral studies, described how the creation of order actually extends beyond the limits currently placed on it.

He wrote in a paper titled “the evolution of consciousness as a self-organizing information system in the society of other such systems”:

The occasional outposts where systems swim upstream like salmons against the entropic current were understood to be in some sense unnatural. these recalcitrant systems included living organisms of all types, and evidently ecological systems as well.

It is increasingly apparent that such salmon-like systems are not only common, but the natural and inevitable result of inherent self-organizing processes grounded in the basic architecture of the cosmos.”

Energy currents have an innate tendency to divide into structures “that capture energy and use it to organize even more complex, flexible, and tenacious … structures.

We are now coming to understand, Combs said, that energy currents have an innate tendency to divide into structures “that capture energy and use it to organize even more complex, flexible, and tenacious … structures.” shape changes that increase the efficiency of energy flow, such as whirlpools or tornadoes, are a basic representation of this energy-driven evolution.

The result is a natural cosmos that moves toward increasing complexity when driven by energy concentrations,” he wrote.

A similar increase in complexity and energy concentration is observed in the human consciousness, he said. he looked at psychological processes and the neurological—the physical effects that undergird them. he cited research that showed these psychological processes are partially chaotic. they are not predictable in detail.

Dr Allan Combs suggests that consciousness, can be understood as a “complex system comprised of chaotic or chaotic-like psychological processes.”

The chaos allows for flexibility, but our consciousness draws from the chaotic elements and places them into some kind of order.

As our consciousness grapples with things of increasing complexity, electrochemical changes occur in the brain. “the complexification associated  with a conscious experience also involves an increase in energy, though this may be only a small amount,” he said.

Advances by energy-driven interdependent (complex) dynamics lead  to increasing levels of organization,” Combs said.

Entropy heightened during altered state of consciousness

The ordering effect of consciousness was also explored in a study by researchers at the Imperial College London published in February 2014 in the journal frontiers in human neuroscience, titled “the entropic brain: a theory of conscious states informed by neuro-imaging research with psychedelic drugs.”

The researchers observed in neuro-imaging data that people who had taken the psychedelic drug psilocybin displayed elevated entropy in certain aspects of brain function. they hypothesized that entropy is suppressed in normal waking consciousness.

Perception in Nature

Experiments in neurosciences have shown that we reach our understanding or subjective perception of the outside world selectively

In roughly this sequence

1) Our sensory organs send message into our brain

2) From this information the brain constructs its own simulation of reality

3) Only then do we have conscious experience of our milieu

3) The outside word comes into our consciousness in the form of a map, already drawn, a story already told, a hypothesis a construct of our own making

4) What is the actual absolute reality out beyond our senses is still somewhat of a mystery

What is reality?

The human eye brain combination is greatly more selective, in fact in magnitudes compared to that of a frog.

However, although we humans think we see everything out in the world at large, we should consider that  bees perceive ultralight written in the pattern of flows to enable them the select the very best flows for honey gathering. Or owls see in the dark, dogs hear sounds far above the range of the human ear and have a sense of smell thousands of times mote acute than we do. Insect even pick up the vibration of molecules

Another example of this is the security metal detector gate found in most airports, it will only beep when it senses metal and let any other object pass through.

We miss a great deal of reality and cannot normally perceive exactly all that is really happening around us, because nature has created us dismiss much of what the brain takes in, as extraneous, irrelevant or redundant garbage.

We have been programmed over the ages to only perceive that which is necessary for our survival as a viable species on planet earth.  Our brains fill in the gaps and limitations of our sensory organs by creating a false picture of reality, to keep us comfortable.

The brain assists us in determining what we see, as can be demonstrated by trying to read while moving your head or while tapping the corner of one closed eye Try it and you will notice what I mean. Your brain receives information from sensory receptors that inform it about body position and movement. Thus it can compensate for the head movements but not the taps.

The brain also is programmed to see what we expect to see. Tests of people using an “Ames room,” which from a certain angle of view seems normal but whose shape is in fact distorted, show that they perceive two average-sized people in the room as a giant and a midget.

The Ames Room illusion

the Ames Room test on You Tube and you will be amazed how easily we can be fooled even though we know the two people in the Ames Room are nearly the same height and stature. Various other optical illusions have been invented to test perceptions and how the brain organizes the information it receives.

It is thought that this organizing ability is partly genetically determined and activated by an individual’s early visual experience.

Two special abilities of humans, which appear to be tied to our social evolution, are good face recognition and an ability to read the emotions of others.

The human nervous system has evolved to receive only a fraction of the possible stimuli that exist, and it differs from those of other animals in several respects. Thanks to our evolutionary history of living in trees, for instance, we have stereoscopic color vision.

Yet compared with that of dogs and other animals, our perception of odours and sounds is very poor. Even more removed from human experience, bats find their way about by echoes, and some fish use electric fields, although all of them lack some of our perceptual abilities.

Our dominant sense is that of sight, that is why a human male , unlike most other animals can get sexually excited just by a picture of a strange beautiful human woman. Woman are likewise very visual beings and can fantasize a romance with a handsome man , she has only observed in a photo. Of course the terms I used handsome and beautiful are subjective, what is attractive to one person might not be attractive to another.

To overcome the limitations of our sensory perception, we are the only entities known to have successfully, invented tools or aids to increase our abilities to absorb impulses and  to perceive more of reality both from a distance and down into the infinitesimal.

By use of these inventions and many other truly amazing tools and resources, we can now perceive objects far out in the boundless cosmos and look down into the depths into the minute and infinitesimal quantum world, which are the fundamental building blocks of our entire universe.

Our memories especially our short term memory are extremely limited and it became imperative for us to invent external means, to record, store and recall our memories, especially our long term memories for future reference.

Namely, by means of writing, on pen and paper, print media, tape storage and now the colossal capacity of the computer that has given us an almost infinite place to store our memories.

Of course the ability to read what we wrote or interpret what we have stored in different media became an essential factor in our survival and this led to the schooling of children as we now see it all over the world.

If we observe a series of what we perceive visually as normal events and observe something unusual or abnormal, it always seems to remain in our visual field and memory longer, even though it might have happened at exactly the same amount of time or even faster. This is called the "Odd Visual Effect".

Ultimately tools like the internet might contain a complete copy and easy method of access to that knowledge, of all human activities and history down through the ages.

This will allowed us to immensely free our minds for other tasks to create a new human species of highly advances superhuman or homo-sapient-superiors beings, that will have the ability to leave earth and explore the universe.

Attention blindness, is a memory and storage limitation of the human brain. Something we all are subjected to, but are mostly unaware of, until we are asked as an example, witness in court, for a crime committed and the necessity to recall exactly how that event played out before us that day.

Many accused persons have been wrongly jailed for life or even executed for this lack of accurate perception.  Most witnesses do not lie, they report what they thought they had observed, which at times are far off of what actually happened on the scene of the crime.

Within the huge electromagnetic spectrum, we humans are only able to use to tiny slit with our very limited visual sensory perception capacities. The same goes for our other sensory organs such as auditory vibration used by us for hearing, etc. I could go on but leave it at that for now..

Augmented Human Perception

Increased awareness and by augmentation of human sensory perception

I am still busy with this paper on human perception, but thought I would post it now because at my age I could pop over into the afterlife at any moment.

Greetings people, I write about an new and enhanced way of how to perceive reality! I achieved much of this by enhancing my sensory perception capacity, during an altered state of consciousness.

Some of the methods I developed to achieved this state it is/are a private matter, that even my close family members are not aware of. While what I describe it is subjectively true, much of it comes from an external objective point of view.

What I write below is both from subjective experiences of my own and some of it originates from my studies into human sensory perception, and are as close to the objective point of view that I could achieve..

I am well aware of the limitation and variation of "normal" human sensory perception from one person to the other, for instance one person might be hard at hearing another have poor eyesight another suffer from a spinal injury leading to extreme loss of sensation in the body. Age makes a difference, with an 80 year of age person having a much less sensitivity to stimuli than a young person. A young child can here sounds far outside the octave range of adults, even young adults.

We know by scientific experiment that the human brain works incredibly fast. However, visual impressions are so complex that their processing takes several hundred milliseconds before they enter our consciousness. Scientists have now shown that this delay may vary in length. When the brain possesses some prior information, that is, when it already knows what it is about to see (A sort of precognition).

Until now, neuroscience has assumed that the processes leading up to conscious perception were rather rigid and that their timing did not vary .This flexibility and dynamism of the human brain and the variations between the brains of different individuals as well as the non psychical part namely the mind or soul; I believe exists, has led my to explore ways of overcoming the barriers of human sensory perception.

The aim of my research and experiments was to use myself as the subject and to find by experimentation ways and means to re-energize and restore lost sensory perception and to develops ways to hugely enhance normal healthy human sensory perception. I thought that one method might be substitution between senses using synethezia, an ability I believe most people could develop and which I will explain in later chapters of this paper.

The traditional five senses model , namely sight, sound, smell and taste is credited to Aristotle, but is very limiting and not at all accurate or complete.

What is called the five human senses can really be subdivided down further, into fields such as pressure sensitive, intensity of pain,, the ability to balance,, thirst, hunger.

Go to part 2 if interested?

Alan

The 'Master of Wisdom'...Returns. GMan

IP Logged

Justin
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Sep 13th, 2015 at 3:46pm

What is the greater error, to speak well of self, or to idly speak and think ill of others?

IP Logged

Alan McDougall

South Africa
Reply #5 - Sep 14th, 2015 at 5:52am

Quote:
he 'Master of Wisdom'...Returns. GMan

Just say the word Leave and I will leave, forever!

Blessings and Light

Alan McDougall
WWW <a href= <a href=  
IP Logged

God
Ex Member

Reply #6 - Sep 14th, 2015 at 10:59am

Hey Alan, friendly advice, you're giving away your power of deciding weather to stay or go: make sure the one you're handing over the power to is worthy of it. If you're sure they're worthy of it, consider it again.

- Yeah, 'great' 'speling' and 'advice' 'God'

Well, can't please everybody.

- Yo mama is keen to please everybody.

I'm God, I don't have a mama, but I am yo fatah.

- Enough weird conversation with your self, dumbass!

Oh, the irony! But I agree. See you in the mirror later, handsome.

IP Logged

Alan McDougall

South Africa
Reply #7 - Sep 14th, 2015 at 12:12pm

Quote:
Hey Alan, friendly advice, you're giving away your power of deciding weather to stay or go: make sure the one you're handing over the power to is worthy of it. If you're sure they're worthy of it, consider it again.

- Yeah, 'great' 'speling' and 'advice' 'God'

Well, can't please everybody.

- Yo mama is keen to please everybody.

I'm God, I don't have a mama, but I am yo fatah.

- Enough weird conversation with your self, dumbass!

Oh, the irony! But I agree. See you in the mirror later, handsome.

Are you sure you are really Almighty God?  Shocked Roll Eyes

Blessings and Light

Alan McDougall
WWW <a href= <a href=  
IP Logged

God
Ex Member

Reply #8 - Sep 14th, 2015 at 12:41pm

The likeness is striking, but sure, minus Almighty.

IP Logged

God
Ex Member

Reply #9 - Sep 14th, 2015 at 1:37pm

Alan, I'm being blatantly silly of course, but more importantly: some replies, however they might seem, really are just plain silly. This recognition at least has the potential to make conversations on forums easier.

The long version: some replies are like wolves in sheep's clothing, but they are silly at where there used to be a heart. Some comments are like sheep in wolves' clothing, and can be equally silly. I don't know about the written word that is like a giraffe in hippo's clothing, but even so, it may be silly.

The short version of the long version above, which is easy to remember: sillyty is a possibility.

IP Logged

Alan McDougall

South Africa
Reply #10 - Sep 14th, 2015 at 3:36pm

I put three posts about augmented human perception, I now see two have been removed.

So I will assist the remover and delete this one also

BY!

Blessings and Light

Alan McDougall
WWW <a href= <a href=  
IP Logged

Justin
Ex Member

Reply #11 - Sep 14th, 2015 at 7:14pm

Alan, as far as i can see, your other two threads (part 2 & 3) are still there.  It's just that they are not as high up, because when a person posts/replies on a thread, it moves it to the top automatically. Since people replied on this thread, it got moved up and the others didn't.

No need to worry about what a couple or few people at a forum think of you. Gman doesn't like anyone here, he looks down on many or most of us here. It's his "shtick" and pattern, and has been under various names. He's been booted before, but he keeps coming back for some reason. 

I agree with "God" to some extent, you're giving some too much power/influence over you. 

Anyways, as regards your original postings, i don't have anything to add, but just want to say hi. 

IP Logged

Gman

Reply #12 - Sep 22nd, 2015 at 2:23am

Quote:
  Alan, as far as i can see, your other two threads (part 2 & 3) are still there.  It's just that they are not as high up, because when a person posts/replies on a thread, it moves it to the top automatically. Since people replied on this thread, it got moved up and the others didn't.

No need to worry about what a couple or few people at a forum think of you. Gman doesn't like anyone here, he looks down on many or most of us here. It's his "shtick" and pattern, and has been under various names. He's been booted before, but he keeps coming back for some reason. 

I agree with "God" to some extent, you're giving some too much power/influence over you. 

Anyways, as regards your original postings, i don't have anything to add, but just want to say hi. 

So, why don't you invite Alan to stay in your home in the USA on a visit?...He's not poor, in fact, he's quite financially upfront in retirement according to my South African friend who lives in the suburb of Centurion around Joburg their largest city.....Gman   

IP Logged

Alan McDougall

South Africa
Reply #13 - Sep 22nd, 2015 at 10:35am

Gman wrote on Sep 22nd, 2015 at 2:23am:
Quote:

So, why don't you invite Alan to stay in your home in the USA on a visit?...He's not poor, in fact, he's quite financially upfront in retirement according to my South African friend who lives in the suburb of Centurion around Joburg their largest city.....Gman   

Centurion in near Pretoria not Johannesburg, so what exactly is your point ?

Blessings and Light

Alan McDougall
WWW <a href= <a href=  
IP Logged

Gman

Reply #14 - Sep 23rd, 2015 at 11:17pm

Alan McDougall wrote on Sep 22nd, 2015 at 10:35am:
Gman wrote on Sep 22nd, 2015 at 2:23am:
Quote:

Centurion in near Pretoria not Johannesburg, so what exactly is your point ?

Alan, I don't live in South Africa!...Check out this link before you accuse others of false information! And Justin, I find your long winded spiritual rants boring, with your constant references to Jesus Christ as Yeshua(Yes, I've seen the movie 'Passion of the Christ' also.) So what is the Aramaic or Hebrew names of his apostles? And why don't you use them in your posts like your favorite 'Buzzword' Yeshua. Enlighten me? GMan
     https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Centurion,_Gauteng   

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.