Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Growing polarization between right wing & liberal? (Read 6634 times)
Justin
Ex Member

Growing polarization between right wing & liberal?
Sep 7th, 2015 at 9:30pm

It seems that especially in America, there is almost a quiet battle/war between those that increasingly identify with a more liberal and progressive outlook and those that identify strongly with a conservative. 

I use to think this was somewhat manipulated/facilitated by the media and so called elite, but i've begun to think that while this is a factor, i think it would have happened anyways.  In truth, it's always been an issue, but there are more people starting to wake up spiritually and grow in awareness of love, and so there are increasingly more people that more strongly identify with more liberal/progressive stances like equal rights for gay people, etc. 

To some extent, i think it's a matter of degree of empathy.  My observation is that people with greater degree of empathy and awareness, tend to lean to the side of the more liberal/progressive. 

I think this is separating the wheat from the chaff time that Yeshua spoke of. 

There are those who are ready for the great awakening that is taking place, and those that aren't, and the lines are being drawn and the sides being taken. 

It's becoming less shades of grey and more black and white. 

It reminds me a lot of Cayce's guidance talking about past Atlantean periods and the conflicts between the two major groups they called the "Children of the Light" and the "Sons of Belial". 

The latter were much more self and material focused, and the former were much more Love/Oneness, empathy, and Spirit focused. 

It feels like it is yet playing out again in a similar manner.  However, i feel/think that for the most part, the democratic party has been hijacked by those same selfish, materialist types and largely controls the democratic party minus a few here and there like Warren and Sanders.

IP Logged

recoverer

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Re: Growing polarization between right wing & liberal?
Reply #1 - Sep 7th, 2015 at 11:57pm

My basic feeling is that this is a subject I would like to stay away from, but what the hey.  Smiley

I remember when the vote about gay marriage took place in California. Beforehand there were religious groups standing on the street with signs saying that people should vote against gay marriage. They contended that Gay marriage ruins the sanctity of marriage. Why the same groups didn't protest against domestic violence, infidelity and divorce, things that actually do ruin the sanctity of marriage, is hard to say with one statement.

I found it annoying that with all the important issues and problems that exist within this World, it wasn’t until the issue of Gay marriage came up that these people took the time to demonstrate.

Because of a few passages that exist within the Bible they might claim that they are following God’s law. For example, Moses spoke against homosexuality. He also said that women are impure for four weeks after giving birth to a boy, and eight weeks after giving birth to a girl, and that women should be kept isolated from others after they give birth and that animals should be sacrificed in order for a lady to become pure again.

Paul is another person that reportedly spoke against gay marriage. He also said that women should be subservient to men because after all, Eve ate the apple.  He said that women should keep their heads covered.

If you did a statistical study you would probably find that most of the people who speak against gay marriage probably don’t follow the above protocols (thank goodness). Perhaps they find it easier to follow the rules when doing so is a matter of poking their nose into the business of others, rather than focusing on themselves.

As far as I’m concerned it is quite arrogant for people to contend that they have the right to tell two consenting adults of the same sex whether they can love each other and get married.

People who approved of what the protesters were doing honked their horns, and the protesters responded with smiles and cheers. I got the impression that they really believed they were doing something special and serving God.

I got annoyed with them and yelled, “Jesus said to love your neighbors as yourself, is this what you are doing you hypocrites.” It really bugged me that they acted as if they were representing God, when such an unloving and repressive attitude towards gay people is not God-like.

Nevertheless, I understand why they acted as they do. They are controlled by fear-based churches. That heaven and hell reward and punishment business has been programmed into them so much that they are afraid to open mindedly and open heartedly consider the gay marriage issue. To some extent they try to feel good about themselves by judging others such as gay people to be sinners.

In the United States, Republicans take advantage of the above by getting a lot of Christians to vote for Republican candidates rather than gay marriage supporting Democrats. To be fair, some Democratic leaders have their own forms of manipulation.

I believe it is accurate to say that a lot of people get turned off by the forms of Christianity that focus on the supposed sin of homosexuality, because they decide to give love first place rather than self-concerned fear. The more a person makes his (or her) love conditional in such a way, the more he doesn’t live according to love.

It could be that people who give love first place rather than self-serving fear, are also more loving in other areas of life. For example, the Syrian refuge problem that is going on. The question of whether the United States should provide more support has come up. Which party do you suppose it speaking against such support for selfish fear-based reasons? Certainly such an approach isn’t in line with loving your neighbor as yourself. I wonder how many homosexuality opposed Christians will support the politicians that don’t want to help out Syrian refugees.

To be fair, I’ll say something against Democrats. In California Democratic politicians wanted to make inoculations mandatory. I don’t get this. If the child of Couple A gets inoculated so he won’t catch a disease caused by a particular virus, how will a kid that hasn’t been inoculated and is infected with such virus, cause the inoculated kid to become sick? Doesn't the innoculation provide protection?

IP Logged

recoverer

Reply #2 - Sep 7th, 2015 at 11:58pm

I don't know if it is just my computer, some posts are reading in reverse order. Tomorrow I'll see how it is on my work computer.

IP Logged

Justin
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Sep 8th, 2015 at 10:14pm

Holistically well said Albert.  Don't have much to add except that while a lot of right wing, conservative types are more towards the fundamental religious, not all are, and some aren't religious or spiritual at all.

And some are only on the surface.

Also, i don't meant to speak in a binary, Democrat vs Republican American sense either.  When i say liberal and progressive, i'm speaking more broadly and generally, and same when i say right wing and conservative. 

There are those who are just more so fiscally conservative, but otherwise more laid back and moderate. But that's why i tend to use the two terms together to differentiate. 

Perhaps when people are forced to work together for survival, from circumstances beyond human control, some people on both sides, but especially more so the conservative and right wing, will begin to look past these petty differences and false separations?

Reminds me of the conversation between He/She and Bob Monroe about the future of humanity, and a plan to unite same not involving any isms or typical human means.   

IP Logged

Justin
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Sep 9th, 2015 at 11:25pm

Quote:
It reminds me a lot of Cayce's guidance talking about past Atlantean periods and the conflicts between the two major groups they called the "Children of the Light" and the "Sons of Belial". 

Quick correction for the above.  Was "Children of the Law of One" than of the Light more so.

IP Logged

recoverer

Reply #5 - Sep 10th, 2015 at 1:25pm

This relates to the Syrian refuge issue I mentioned.

A lady camera women who works for a right wing television station kicked a child refugee and tripped an old man who was carrying a child, while they were trying to escape from Syria. I don't believe this is an example of compassion.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/trending/hungarian-camerawoman-trips-refugees-1.3220051

IP Logged

recoverer

Reply #6 - Sep 10th, 2015 at 1:32pm

IP Logged

God
Ex Member

Reply #7 - Sep 10th, 2015 at 3:47pm

It's like watching hordes of people being round up for merely wanting to be free to read stuff by Robert Bruce.

Seriously though, that female tripping the old man and the male child shows the true nature of females, she just has to break their balls for no apparent reason. She also kicks another female which goes to show women are their own worst enemies.

Don't worry, the joke is on me, I (God) let all of this happen.

At the end of the day, the growing polarization remains a mystery.

IP Logged

recoverer

Reply #8 - Sep 10th, 2015 at 5:23pm

I have to admit, your second paragraph made me laugh.  Grin Not that I agree.

Quote:
It's like watching hordes of people being round up for merely wanting to be free to read stuff by Robert Bruce.

Seriously though, that female tripping the old man and the male child shows the true nature of females, she just has to break their balls for no apparent reason. She also kicks another female which goes to show women are their own worst enemies.

Don't worry, the joke is on me, I (God) let all of this happen.

At the end of the day, the growing polarization remains a mystery.

IP Logged

recoverer

Reply #9 - Sep 10th, 2015 at 5:41pm

Here's another article, there are lots of articles.

It is inspiring to see some people help others.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/germany/11847545/Migrant-crisis...

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.