Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Questions... (Read 12159 times)
doodad

ALK Member

Questions...
Aug 12th, 2015 at 9:52am

I have watched different videos by William Buhlman. I like his presentation and what he says mostly makes sense to me, but he does leave me scratching my head over a few things. For instance:

In all I've read or watched, he never (that I've caught) mentions love/unconditional love or its importance in how we live this life. I like how he explains spiritual evolution, but I don't get why the love omission.

He talks about end of life preparation and how one needs to bypass all these form based collective realities. I kind of get that, but he makes it sound like a trap if your loved ones come to meet you - you are accepting their reality as your own. Can't you "move on" when you want? It sounds like those of you that have OBEs can pretty much go wherever you wish. Do you lose that freedom when you die? Are you "locked in" somewhere? Why would you be stuck in a reality because you wanted to spend some time with your loved ones?

On another note, he really lowers the boom on belief systems. I grew up Christian and I have been trying to understand the role of the Christian concept of God, particularly Jesus Christ, in all this. Who was He really? What is His significance for my life?

Any thoughts?

Edited to add:

Another theme is that we are here in a slowed down system to learn to control/harness our creative power. Great, but I'm wondering how this translates to everyday life for Joe Sixpack. Does this simply mean to think positively and try to exercise love in whatever circumstances you are in? If I realize this truth, how does my life, whatever it is, change?

IP Logged

recoverer

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Re: Questions...
Reply #1 - Aug 12th, 2015 at 12:36pm

I've watched some of Buhlman's videos and read his recent book.

A lot of what he says seems okay, but despite the fact of how fervently he speaks against having beliefs, I believe he has some of his own.

This whole thing of having no beliefs whatsoever can become a limiting way of thinking in itself. A person becomes so "afraid" of getting caught up in a belief system that he (or she) ends up not having enough openness of mind to consider when some human beliefs have an element of truth.

William might be afraid to see that there might be some truth to Christ, yet he refers to Buddhist viewpoints, such as the clear light, so probably more than he is willing to admit,  he has his preferences.

It is best to not replace one form of dogmatism with another form of dogmatism such as you can't believe in anything, especially if it relates to something such as Jesus.

Perhaps there is some truth to Jesus that doesn't have to do with fear-based fundamentalism. A truth that relates to the greatest love of all. Don't be afraid to find out because of what some other supposedly belief transcendent people say.

IP Logged

Rondele
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Aug 12th, 2015 at 2:57pm

Good answer Albert.  Reminds me of an old saying, "For a ship that has no destination, any port will suffice."  A rudder is needed by a ship just as it is by a person as he/she travels through life.

I think 1796 said it best, "all that matters to us as individuals is that we live our own lives as right and best as we can by those around us.  There is nothing else to be concerned about."

R

IP Logged

recoverer

Reply #3 - Aug 12th, 2015 at 3:21pm

I haven't heard that old saying. It makes sense.

rondele wrote on Aug 12th, 2015 at 2:57pm:
Good answer Albert.  Reminds me of an old saying, "For a ship that has no destination, any port will suffice."  A rudder is needed by a ship just as it is by a person as he/she travels through life.

I think 1796 said it best, "all that matters to us as individuals is that we live our own lives as right and best as we can by those around us.  There is nothing else to be concerned about."

R

IP Logged

doodad

ALK Member

Reply #4 - Aug 14th, 2015 at 9:43am

Thanks for your responses. Any thoughts on this point?

Quote:
He talks about end of life preparation and how one needs to bypass all these form based collective realities. I kind of get that, but he makes it sound like a trap if your loved ones come to meet you - you are accepting their reality as your own. Can't you "move on" when you want? It sounds like those of you that have OBEs can pretty much go wherever you wish. Do you lose that freedom when you die? Are you "locked in" somewhere? Why would you be stuck in a reality because you wanted to spend some time with your loved ones?

Another thing I'm really grappling with right now is understanding what kind of framework to build my life around. Growing up Christian, I believed that we had a Saviour to turn to. Whether it be those things I called sins or failures - to pray for grace and forgiveness - or the many things we go through in life - sickness, financial problems, etc. - I believed there was benefit in bringing this to God and asking for assistance. There would be a solution. There would be comfort. Granted, many times things did not/have not worked out the greatest (as I wanted) anyway, but the bedrock belief was a framework to operate in. In my "new normal" I feel I am lacking such a framework. I really don't know whether/how to pray, or who to pray to if I do, although I do spend quite a lot of time just "talking" to whoever might be listening.  Grin But if its doing any good I have no idea. The results baseline is probably about the same as before. What does a person expect out of life, just slog through it with the best attitude you can? Can we expect any "help"? If so, from who? I'm rambling, but I hope you get my point.

IP Logged

Reply #5 - Aug 14th, 2015 at 3:24pm

1. I am a Christian. I was brought up a Christian so I have been Christian all my life. My faith has grown as I have grown, and I have grown as my faith has grown. Nowadays my faith is stronger than it has ever been. I have come to understand my religion more deeply than I ever thought would be possible for me. I am comfortable in a church of any denomination - fundamental, protestant, catholic, orthodox, and others, and I consider myself at home in any and all of them, although my preference is for the more traditional services. I enjoy visiting empty churches. I have worked as a Christian chaplain and in doing so have provided pastoral support for people of all faiths.    

2. I can leave my body. I have been doing so for over thirty years. I can leave the body in sleep, in prayer and meditation, while relaxing, sitting, active, walking, and in differing ways and methods. I understand and can explain every detail of the techniques and mechanics involved. I can extend part of my consciousness from myself, and/or alter its range of perception. I have other related type skills too, which I have only briefly mentioned, and some I have never mentioned to anyone and probably never will.

I mention those two points because many people in present day spiritual groups and movements teach that those two points cannot go together in the one individual. They say or imply that Christians cannot do such things, that Christians are closed minded and materialistic. Those people are wrong. Christianity is the broadest and most diverse religion on Earth. It teaches the concepts of truth and love to all sorts of people in the way that best suits them. That is why there are so many styles of Christian worship, and is why the parables are multilayered allegories, and are true from their most literal to most abstract meanings, and as such they speak to the individual, whoever they are. Christianity is the only religion whose central teaching is of the workings, practice and power of love and forgiveness, and which contains page after page of teachings on love and forgiveness, not just love and forgiveness to one's own kin and kind but to everyone, including those who hate us and would do us harm.

There are many who claim there exists an alternative and higher form of love, caring, compassion, than that taught by Christianity. Many are the "I'm-spiritual-not-religious" set, the humanitarians, and others, but they would not even have the idea of their alternative if not for the Christian true and original, for before Christ the power of love and forgiveness was only vaguely mentioned here and there in the religions and philosophies of the world, and had not been taught and demonstrated anywhere previously. So although they hate the fact, those who claim to have an alternative are a product of Christianity itself and in a sense they are Christianised. They are part of Christendom for they are a product of it, but they are the anti-Christians, for theirs is a reaction against the true and original, and theirs is false, for there is only one true love, not two. Despite them getting their idea from him, and portraying themselves as the good elite, they can't, won't or have difficulty saying that Jesus Christ is their saviour, and that they are Christians and are members of the Christian church. This is because they are the alternatives, and this is why John said to test them this way.      

Occasionally on this forum and others, and much more so in my employments in various capacities where I work amongst many "humanitarians", assorted government funded do-gooders and those who are endlessly claiming to be "caring" and "compassionate", and amongst the spiritual new-age mystic set to whom I teach meditative skills, I frequently hear Christianity rubbished and undermined, referred to as if it is something ridiculous, low level, basic, and even evil; its church welfare services deliberately left out of communication loops, twelve step programs (the most successful self help programs in the world) continually rubbished and clients advised not to attend them, their clients and the public continually subject to a stream of gross to subtle insinuation, condemnation and ridicule of Christians, and often uttered in the same breath with such words as hypocrites, paedophiles, patriarchy, fundamentalists, conservatives, materialists, right-wingers, capitalists....   It is much the same amongst the good elite the western world over.

And all of that is fine, there is nothing wrong with the way things are, as unpleasant as they may be. It is meant to be that way, was inevitable and foreseen from the beginning. Despite appearances, the world is fair, perfect and properly overseen. Do not fall into the trap of thinking it is not, or of believing or thinking that you behold an alternative idea for how society or the world should be, for that is elitist thinking and soon leads to madness of heart followed by insanity of mind. Always value other people's freewill, regardless who they are and how they use it, for God gave them freewill as a means to learn and grow. Valuing other people's freewill keeps our love from becoming hate that believes itself to be love. As far as the individual is concerned, it is important to exercise observance and intelligence, learn to discriminate between one thing and another, to know conscience, to exercise love and forgiveness and discreet helpfulness towards others. To wish well for others, no matter who they are.

You did not define or describe what your "new normal" is. I'm guessing it is taking shape. I seldom suggest anyone should change religions. But if they do that is up to them. Personally I consider that is like changing horses in midstream, and no one who is serious about getting across river does that - they stick with their horse, give it its head and encourage it forward. A large part of an individual's deep moral wiring is in the code of the religion he was brought up with, as his verbal thinking is within the code of his first language. Almost no English speaker who learns German as a second language at a mature age will ever be able to hold an in depth conversation in it on complex technical, religious or philosophical matters. And German is related to English. Try Icelandic or Mandarin.  Building upon and further developing our language skills and religious understanding is a different thing and is good. We might even bring in concepts from other sources and build them upon our foundation. I have done that myself. I am familiar with the scriptures, traditions and practices of all major religions, and have a reasonable conceptual understanding of them, and I can see how they intersect, overlap and compliment. If Christianity the way it was practiced where you grew up or the particular Christians you knew then are not to your liking now, then keep what you learnt that has been beneficial, that rings true, good and right, and build upon it, evolve, and develop it further. Bring in other ideas, concepts, that help you climb. Climb the ladder to higher rungs, but be wary of trying to step across from completely off of your ladder onto another ladder, for that is how falls can occur. And when you have climbed higher do not do what many do, which is to look back at the rungs of the ladder below themselves of which they have themselves climbed up from and rubbish those who are behind them on those rungs - like we commonly see the "spiritual" ones on the higher rungs who talk about their unconditional love rubbishing the fundamental Christians on the lower rungs, but in fact those spiritual ones are not even where they think they are. They think they are looking down but they are looking up.             

As for prayer, don't aim low. The greatest concept of God you can conceive of, in your soul, mind and heart - pray to that, nothing less or part thereof. And be aware of the most central and core part of your self, that is the part of you that does the praying. So prayer is the joining or communing of those two, yourself and God. Do not imagine God, for to think of a god is to create one, and your bible warns you against worshiping images. Instead, be aware of God, from his awareness to your awareness, from his will to your conscience, from his love to your heart. 

To appeal to God "in Christ's name" is not empty words. For those who know his story and his message, to use his name aligns our soul, intent and heart, with the outward flow of light and love from God, which is the only offspring from God, and whose name is Christ. As there is the sun and there is the light and warmth that comes from the sun.

Conscience is in between God and our self. It is our highest sense within our self of what is good and right to do. We can conceive of nothing higher, or else that something higher becomes our conscience. By definition conscience is always the highest. And it is only what comes in via conscience our highest sense of what is good and right, and comes in via the inner upper pinnacle of our being vertically downward that we acknowledge. That is where God will impress upon us. What comes in laterally, upon the sides of mind, is of lesser standard and should be regarded as no significance. Even what comes in via conscience must be treated as information, not divine knowledge, for as your bible says, God has given all judgement to the son. God's love, called the Christ, moves through human hearts. It is not our love, is not generated by us, but exists before we use it, and before it comes through us. No moment of love going through our heart is the same love, like water going under a bridge, it is flowing all the time. All love felt by all people is the same spirit of love. It is alive and can be communicated with. Its name is Christ. It will come to you and obey you within its role and your benefit. Its name is also Jesus, because his life was a reflection of the greater spirit, and he answers to that too. Don't just sit on what you learn in prayer, live out what comes in, in other words, live out your highest standard through words, hands and heart towards those around you, for love and the holy spirit are like the wind, they only exist when moving, and are like water running through a faucet that must run through or no more will come through. If you live out your best then the channel through you from conscience to output will become grooved and free, and the flow into you, through you and out of you will become smooth and steady.

Spare time, once or twice a day to practice.  Experiment, trial, practice. Also when sitting, walking, travelling, when doing tasks. Ponder, muse, contemplate, when sitting, standing, walking. Sleep on things. Cultivate virtues as you best understand them to be; develop and evolve them.            

IP Logged

recoverer

Reply #6 - Aug 14th, 2015 at 3:58pm

Doodad:

For whatever it is worth, here are my two cents.  First of all, don’t throw out the baby with the bathwater. Just because there are some untrue things about fundamentalist Christianity, that doesn’t mean there are no good things.

I don’t believe that God is like a great big Santa Claus in the sky who will give you whatever you ask for even if you don’t need it. The problem with our asking is that sometimes we don’t fully and accurately know what we need.  Sometimes relative things won’t work out. That is okay, because in the end things will work out spiritually as long as we make spiritual progress a priority.

Regarding the belief system oriented Christian heaven Buhlman wrote about, perhaps such places exist. Say a person believes that his denomination of Christianity is correct, and everybody else goes to hell for all of eternity. Until that person is willing to see that he might be wrong about such a viewpoint, he might have difficulty opening up to other possibilities.  I would also say that his heart is ailing him, because when one really wants to love others, one won’t settle for a viewpoint that condemns a very large number of Souls to hell for all of eternity.  In the case of this man, he would need to become concerned about the welfare of others sufficiently enough so that he is willing to question his fear-based belief system that prevents him from considering the possibility that perhaps others have a better fate that his erroneous belief system allows.

As long as we have good intentions, we should be able to question anything. I figure a higher level being such as God is able to see when we have good intentions that aren’t mired by fear. I bet you Jesus isn’t stuck in a limited belief system.

IP Logged

recoverer

Reply #7 - Aug 14th, 2015 at 5:11pm

Regarding what 1796 said, I don’t believe it is completely accurate. When it comes to conservative versus liberal people, you’ll find good people in both groups and not so good people in both groups.

Regarding liberals that excluded Christian groups, I believe it works both ways. I know of two liberal-minded attorneys who got fired from where I work because they didn’t get along with the conservatives.  An unloving attitude from either group isn’t Christ-like.

I don’t believe it is correct for some people to speak of Christianity in the negative way they do, but to some degree it is understandable why they do.  Perhaps they don’t agree with the anti-gay business. Perhaps they don’t believe it is correct to conclude that many people are going to end up in hell for all of eternity simply because they don’t believe in the supposed right way.

Much of Christianity has a big fear element. You better believe as some Christians say, or you’ll end up in hell for all of eternity. Some Christians are afraid to question the Bible because they are afraid that they will be punished.

It could be that Doodad has a past that includes such factors, so I believe it is important to emphasize the fact that fear and spirituality don’t go together. If a person is influenced by fear he’ll have a hard time finding out what’s true.

I had two dreams that Jesus was in, and in both cases his presence was very positive and people appreciated it. Yet, he was very humble (not in a weak meek way) and down to earth. My guess is that he is able to see when both conservatives and liberals are genuinely motivated by love, and when they are not. He probably understands that each Soul progresses at its own pace and that there is no need to have anger towards those who are still learning. If he did in fact tell the prodigal son story, perhaps he meant it.  I spoke as if he might’ve told the story rather than state that he absolutely did, because I’m not afraid to question, it is okay to do so.

I do agree that a person won’t fully understand what love is about until he opens up to divine love.

IP Logged

seagull

ALK Member

land sea sky
Reply #8 - Aug 14th, 2015 at 7:25pm

Hi doodad,

You are asking the big questions in life. Sometimes we can answer our questions in a logical way, and other times we need a personal experience to illuminate our path in a different way. They say that when one door closes another one opens, and I find that to be true.

I think we are taught a lot of things, and we can learn a lot of things on our own, too. But even a long lifetime does not seem enough to learn it all.

If you keep an open mind, and try not to become too down-hearted at the difficult things you face in your life, it will all be worth it. You are never alone. Never. So no reason to worry about that, or doubt it, in this life or the next.

IP Logged

Lucy

C1
Reply #9 - Aug 16th, 2015 at 8:56am

Hi Doodad

I'd be more interested to know how well Buhlman's techniques work for you in OBE work?

As for your questions, the most important thing to do is to explore and make decisions for yourself. I think that is an approach supported independently both by Buhlman and by Bruce Moen.

I am currently trying some of Buhlman's suggestions. I am not so talented at this work, though I suppose success is determined what one think "out of body" means. I get inside my own head so much that sometimes I'm not sure I've ever entirely been in my body (except when there is pain)!  Sometimes I am able to experience some of the sensations and states I associate with receiving reiki, and I have not been able to achieve that before on my own to that extent.

IP Logged

Justin
Ex Member

Reply #10 - Aug 16th, 2015 at 9:07am

Its important to understand that Yeshua (Jesus) and Christianity aren't always one in the same.  Christianity got infiltrated and hijacked by some less than spiritual, loved based, and truth loving influences.  It especially started to go downhill when Rome became involved with it and making it the state religion.  It got further hacked up at different post points.  With all that said, and all the distortion injected, there is still the spirit of the most expanded truth contained in the NT, especially the Gospels, in the general life and example of Yeshua.  And that truth relates a lot to universal love.

The Yeshua that I know and love would like for people to get away from so much emphasis on beliefs and belief systems and more on living the truth in a similar manner or spirit as he did.  As you expand in a consciousness sense by making those right choices etc, the more your perceptual capacity and acuity will also eventually expand and clarify as well, for perception follows beingness and Like ever attracts and begets Like on the deeper levels.

It is possible to be a fan of Yeshua and what he taught, but not buy into all of that that came after aka the religion or "Christianity".  My experience is that Yeshua is a living resource, the Guide of guides, that any can turn to and be helped by if they are sincere.  He will not answer idle questions and often times its important for one to learn things through a more mixed way rather than being told directly this or that, but either way sincere seekers of truth and spiritual growth/remembrance are helped to the degree and way that is most holistically constructive/helpful for them at the time.

I put some emphasis on Yeshua because Ive realized out of all the various teachers and helpers that have come here so far, he is the one who most attuned to PUL and lived it, and to the point where he overcame every human weakness and limitation.  Monroe's "He/She" run in, may be the same person.

From communicating with him and those like him, I understand that this is a potential for every human, its a matter of choice, dedication, building on previous growth, etc.  Few are at the point in their growth in this life where this potential is close to an actualized probability, but I think most of us eventually make it there.

While a non limited/dogmatic focus on him can and will help, its not necessary to grow spiritually.  What is necessary is an understanding, acceptance, and livingness of the truths and principles he taught, and while there are some differences in the specifics or degree of livingness, other teachers like Buddha taught similarly.

It seems the fundamental core of most religions is essentially about, or was meant to be about, ethics and trying to get people to live in a more loving, and constructive/positive way in relation to others and life itself.

IP Logged

doodad

ALK Member

Reply #11 - Aug 17th, 2015 at 11:19am

Thanks for all your replies. Lots to think about. Whats kind of dawning on me is that there are no concrete answers to a lot of the things I want to know, at least not in this life. By all appearances, those on the other side don't have the answers, or don't agree on the answers, either. What that means I don't know, unless life and death is just a small incremental step in an eternal evolution. Its quite disconcerting to me, as I was raised to believe that one needed to know the truth and have all their ducks in a row while here on Earth as when you die your fate is sealed. I always wonder in the back of my mind if there isn't a big "gotcha" moment coming - but then what kind of God would do that.

Lucy: I've never attempted an OBE. With 3 teenagers in the house I can barely hear myself think somedays.

I think there was some talk earlier discussion about drugs & spiritual experiences. Here is an interesting account I came across. I'm sure its probably highly metaphorical, but something was definitely happening. What do you make of it?

http://www.nderf.org/NDERF/NDE_Experiences/fred_b_ketamine.htm

IP Logged

Lights of Love

Reply #12 - Aug 17th, 2015 at 4:48pm

Quote:
Doodad asked: Another theme is that we are here in a slowed down system to learn to control/harness our creative power. Great, but I'm wondering how this translates to everyday life for Joe Sixpack. Does this simply mean to think positively and try to exercise love in whatever circumstances you are in? If I realize this truth, how does my life, whatever it is, change?

For me it is about changing your consciousness, (which resides in the non-physical) to create the best life possible.  Positive thinking is part of it, but you must also feel it.  To know something is to experience it and the only way we have to experience our spirituality/consciousness is to feel it, which does produce a reaction in our body.  This works because our feeling level of being is primary, just as is our consciousness. 

How we feel takes precedence over what we know.  In essence we are ultimately changing ourselves at the being level as well as creating the best life possible.  For example, just saying the words: "I am strong" does little to bring about change, but having the feeling "I am strong" brings about a sensation in your body that enables you to have the experience of being strong.  The same goes for "I am love", "I am peace", "I am a beautiful spiritual being", etc., but my favorite is "I am God".  Now that may sound blasphemous, but consider what God is.  God is the most powerful Being of Love in which we "live and move and have our being..." Acts 17:28  And just before that in verse 27 it is suggested that we "might feel after him and find him."  If you have a moment take a look at Acts 17:24-28.

"Sensation precedes manifestation and is the foundation upon which all manifestation rests." --Neville Goddard 

Tread softly through life with a tender heart and a gentle, understanding spirit.

IP Logged

Reply #13 - Aug 19th, 2015 at 9:18pm

Feelings can be treacherous though.

IP Logged

Lights of Love

Reply #14 - Aug 20th, 2015 at 12:54am

Yes, but only if they're of the negative variety.

Negative thoughts and feelings affect the subconscious and create our life experience just as easily as positive ones.  The subconscious shows no partiality.  What we put into it is what we will manifest in our life.  Probably a good idea to choose wisely and hold fast to focusing on feeling Love/God, even if... perhaps, especially if we are going through some sort of disaster, illness and such.

Tread softly through life with a tender heart and a gentle, understanding spirit.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.