Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Silver cords etc, objective reality or interpretiv (Read 13647 times)
Justin
Ex Member

Re: Silver cords etc, objective reality or interpretiv
Reply #15 - Aug 5th, 2015 at 1:18pm

I don't want to be extreme in pigeonholing BillB. Obviously he has some openness and open mindedness, and realizes that matter in the obvious physical form, is not all there is. That's A LOT more than the average scientist out there who thinks that OBE's, NDE's, etc. are nothing more than imagination, delusion, and/or chemical reactions in the brain.

So i very much respect and commend that he is more open than the above types. 

But when one begins with a fundamentally limited assumption about the core nature of reality, and that consciousness/awareness comes from matter, it will distort all the rest of one's perceptions and beliefs. 

Like Max Planck and some other well known physicists that were involved in the pioneering work of quantum physics (people likely with much more respected credentials than our BillB, since that's always so important to such types), i believe that consciousness is primary and matter derivative from same. 

I do not believe this because of physic's theories and experiments.  In fact, i wasn't aware of Planck's and other folks conclusions until fairly recently.  This was a spiritual truth i intuited a long time ago, and well before i came across Tom Campbell, Bob Monroe, Bruce Moen, etc.  When i started to get those intuitive downloads as a young teen about the deeper nature of reality, such things as the importance of Love, the existence of Oneness, etc also one of the concepts downloaded was that Consciousness was much more than physical and that physical was in a sense an illusion or rather a specific, limited perception.   

However, the fact that some early pioneering physicists did postulate similar, and it seems that physics is slowly, but surely moving in that direction as a whole, i do find interesting and encouraging. 

The left brain part of us is important to develop. Without proper left brain development, use, practice, etc, we will lack discrimination, a sense of holistic logic, and/or the ability to explain concepts well and logically to others. 

But, over emphasis on the left brain side of us (very common in men), is one of the strongest hurdles for people to more clearly perceive that which is beyond the physical.

The reason why there are so many more women than men that are consciously aware of, and accepting of nonphysical and/or spiritual reality, is because they are more intuitive and more empathy attuned as a trend.  They FEEL the truth of these, and accept the validity of such feelings. 

However, western culture, and especially American culture has been moving in the direction of left brain dominance/polarization.  We have become very imbalanced as a society, intellectualism is put too much on a pedestal at the detriment of such important things like intuition and empathy. 

All one needs to do is go to a youtube or facebook video that talks about some "alternative" theories or views relating to the nonphysical or spiritual, and the amount of derogatory, extreme, CERTAIN comments from the intellectually polarized to the those open to something more, will quickly show you how far the herd as moved in the direction of left brain polarization where physical matter and our 5 senses is all there is.

IP Logged

Lights of Love

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Reply #16 - Aug 5th, 2015 at 4:27pm

Quote:
Quote BillB - I watched the God Science: Simulation Hypothesis.  Actually, I will give the author credit for calling it what it is, an "hypothesis" which is NOT a theory, which is Tom Campbell's downfall in credibility; presuming to have a "theory".

Actually if you reference the dictionary you will see that "hypothesis" and "theory" are synonyms commonly used interchangeably.  The idea that TC lacks credibility because he refers to his model of consciousness as a "theory" is ludicrous.

However, you do seem to have some valid questions and I'm sure if you address those directly to TC via email or on his forum, they can be answered.  I think skepticism is a good thing, but only as long as you are equally willing to be open minded.  Otherwise the alternative is stagnation, rather than growth.  Over the years TC has personally answered every question I've asked via email, completely and fully to my satisfaction.  Of course, what you choose to think, say and do is completely up to you.  I'm just saying TC is the kind of person that will take the time to better explain his model of consciousness to anyone that truly has the desire to understand it.

Briefly, his theory is based on two assumptions: One that a mystical substance exists or what we might call "spiritual energy" and the second is that evolution exists.  From these two assumptions he derives his model of Consciousness.  IMO it is well worth spending the time to understand fully what he is saying.  Consciousness, again IMO, is essentially formless energy (spirit). It has no boundaries, and everything springs (evolves) from it.  You can't prove it with mathematical formulas or scientific verification.  Yet, we all know that it exists, that it is real, even if it is beyond the scope of science to prove or disprove.  We each have the ability to simply "know" that we are consciousness and this consciousness is the Source of all being. After all, we had to have come from somewhere or something obviously.

Max Planck said, "Science cannot solve the ultimate mystery of nature.  And that is because, in the last analysis, we ourselves are part of nature and, therefore, part of the mystery that we are trying to solve." 

Tread softly through life with a tender heart and a gentle, understanding spirit.

IP Logged

recoverer

Reply #17 - Aug 5th, 2015 at 5:18pm

"Mystical substance" I like that.  Smiley  Thank God it exists.

IP Logged

Reply #18 - Aug 8th, 2015 at 11:35pm

If there is no such thing as objective truth, or if reality as we know it is virtual or illusionary, then is right and wrong virtual or illusionary too?

IP Logged

recoverer

Reply #19 - Aug 9th, 2015 at 12:15am

I think what I said earlier on this thread applies.  If the Source of everything is real, then even that which is temporary is real for as long as it exists.

It could be that there is no such thing as unreal, not even a dream, since everything makes use of the awareness, creative and mind aspects of being which "DO" exist. What else is there?

1796 wrote on Aug 8th, 2015 at 11:35pm:
If there is no such thing as objective truth, or if reality as we know it is virtual or illusionary, then is right and wrong virtual or illusionary too?

« Last Edit: Aug 9th, 2015 at 12:10pm by recoverer »  

IP Logged

Justin
Ex Member

Reply #20 - Aug 9th, 2015 at 1:25am

Didn't say there was no such thing as objective truth or things that aren't real.  Consciousness itself is very real, its just that Consciousness just sometimes get caught up in illusionary beliefs and perceptions.

When Consciousness aligns itself with Love, it begins to perceive and create in a manner that is, in a sense, more real, because its now living its original Source nature and Source itself in a direct sense never parted from Love.

Its akin those that get, usually temporarily, stuck in the hells or hollow heavens.  The farther away from Love and Source one chooses, the more limited and distorted the "reality" that consciousness experiences.

Why else do some call it being "stuck" to begin with?  Any who isn't fully, consciously One with Source, Love, and the Whole is to some extent or degree stuck.

Why do less stuck and non stuck consciousnesses work to help free those more more stuck than themselves? 

If using ones will and creative abilities in anyway one chooses was all equally real and valid, then why bother trying to unstick those whom are stuck?  Yet we don't find this in actual practice and reality, instead we find that many non stuck or less stuck selves work tirelessly to help free other selves from the bonds of their own making.

It is easy to get caught up on words like real or illusionary and their meanings in semantic context.  What I'm essentially saying is that one can create inline/in harmony with Source (highest reality) or not to varying degrees, which in turn gets one stuck to varying degrees relative to how in tune or not one is with First cause/Source.

IP Logged

Reply #21 - Aug 9th, 2015 at 2:38am

Quote:
Didn't say there was no such thing as objective truth or things that aren't real.

The film does. I put forward the question in relation to that.

It proposes that the reality we think we are living in is a simulation, an illusion, that the reality around us, even material and space are no more real than in a dream or on an animated computer screen. If that is the case, then what of right and wrong as it pertains to this illusion. Is right and wrong an illusion too?   

IP Logged

Justin
Ex Member

Reply #22 - Aug 9th, 2015 at 4:46am

"It proposes that the reality we think we are living in is a simulation, an illusion, that the reality around us, even material and space are no more real than in a dream or on an animated computer screen. If that is the case, then what of right and wrong as it pertains to this illusion. Is right and wrong an illusion too? "

The first part is right, but right and wrong, ethics, is an aspect of consciousness, which again is primary and very real, hence ethics is very much real. As far as the documentary goes, they don't go into all that.

IP Logged

Reply #23 - Aug 9th, 2015 at 9:54am

Yes, the film stops at asserting that reality as we know it is an illusion, and it does not go on to discuss right and wrong as we know it within that illusion.

So if, as the film makers assert, that reality as we know it is not real, but a sort of illusory dream or simulation, then it naturally follows that what we do right and wrong in this simulation is not real either.

Or if we accept that what is right and wrong is real, then we accept that reality as we know it is real too.

Anyone's thoughts? 

IP Logged

recoverer

Reply #24 - Aug 9th, 2015 at 12:09pm

I didn't watch the video, I'm going by what is discussed on this thread.

I believe that one of the main reasons we take part in this manifestation is so we can find out the difference between right and wrong such as treating others with love and respect is good, while treating them poorly is bad.

Once we choose a loving way completely, we can resume our place with that which is ultimately good. 

When I experience divine love I don't feel as if I need to see, hear, smell, taste or touch anything. Love and the wisdom that goes with it is enough.  Nevertheless, taking part in this World has helped me find out what love is about.

IP Logged

Reply #25 - Aug 10th, 2015 at 1:06am

Actually on that light note, I have certainly observed a difference in the temperaments between collectives of coffee drinkers and collectives of tea drinkers. In my country and in my working experience I have observed that in engineering, the trades and on the land, physically active jobs where men work directly with form and structure, tea tends to be the preferred drink, and black of course. In fields such as office work, social science education, community welfare and counselling facilities, where women dominate and the outcome of the work is not so tangible or clearly apparent, coffee has always been the drink of choice, and lots of it too, with milk and sugar. The tea drinkers are jovial, easy going, rational, hard working, and at peace with the world. By comparison the coffee drinkers tend to be irritable, especially if they don't get enough of it, emotional, prone to gossiping, tend to hate society and driven to change the world. Their styles of conflict and expectations of friendship are quite different too.

Of course the drinking of tea or coffee is not the only differentiating variable between the groups, and a correlation, even if it is the only differentiating variable between groups, is still only a correlation, not a cause.

Being a tea drinker I have always been the odd one out when working in welfare related environments, and my colleagues have often pressed me to drink coffee with them. I usually decline and joke that I don't want to take the risk.             

IP Logged

Reply #26 - Aug 10th, 2015 at 1:08am

Oh, I see George's coffee joke has been deleted.

IP Logged

Ralph Buskey

Brick Township, NJ
Reply #27 - Aug 10th, 2015 at 5:53pm

Quote:
Actually on that light note, I have certainly observed a difference in the temperaments between collectives of coffee drinkers and collectives of tea drinkers. In my country and in my working experience I have observed that in engineering, the trades and on the land, physically active jobs where men work directly with form and structure, tea tends to be the preferred drink, and black of course. In fields such as office work, social science education, community welfare and counselling facilities, where women dominate and the outcome of the work is not so tangible or clearly apparent, coffee has always been the drink of choice, and lots of it too, with milk and sugar. The tea drinkers are jovial, easy going, rational, hard working, and at peace with the world. By comparison the coffee drinkers tend to be irritable, especially if they don't get enough of it, emotional, prone to gossiping, tend to hate society and driven to change the world. Their styles of conflict and expectations of friendship are quite different too.

I have found through my shamanic journeys that caffeine (which fuels coffee and tea) tends to put me in a solid C1 consciousness. It tends to block out all of my senses that reach beyond the physical thought level. I try to avoid caffeine so as not to get stuck in the physical consciousness only.

Ralph

Ralph Buskey Ralph Buskey  
IP Logged

Reply #28 - Aug 10th, 2015 at 10:25pm

Tea contains theanine which counteracts caffeine.

IP Logged

Ralph Buskey

Brick Township, NJ
Reply #29 - Aug 11th, 2015 at 1:27am

Quote:
Tea contains theanine which counteracts caffeine.

Thank you for this knowledge. I always liked the effects of tea over coffee but didn't know why until now.
Smiley

Ralph

Ralph Buskey Ralph Buskey  
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.