Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Whats in the Astral (Read 17374 times)
kran

ALK Member

Whats in the Astral
Jul 24th, 2015 at 12:35am

I posted this the other day in the OBE section but got no responses. Im hoping someone may be able to answer my question if i repost it here.

I've projected twice the 1st time was  ultra short meaning I heard the popping in my ears high pitch ringing  flashing lights behind my eyelids then swoosh pop i was out then immediately back in my body. The 1st time i wasnt sure what really happened but the 2nd time was a repeat of the 1st time except  when the swoosh pop happened I stayed out my and i could see my ceiling, I looked to the right and left  was floating ever so slowly upward  i kept trying to turn my body around but couldnt... I was so excited that I finally got out. I was out for about 15-20 seconds and my body was just starting to touch the ceiling when i started thinking about passing through the ceiling i got nervous  then whooosh pop back in my body I was....  I was so happy and amazed  I finally did it I knew this was for real. For me alot of questions had been answered but now I have many more.  First, I projected etherically from that point how do I project to the astral?  Second when in the astral where can I go... Like i hear there are literally millions of places to visit (is that true) and if so how do you navigate through such a maze?  Like where do I go from here?

I'd only like comments from experienced projectors please. Not that I don't value everyones comments But I've read alot of books and at this point i'd really like the advice of people who have been where I am now and have surpassed this stage.  Thanks alot everyone and take care   Huh

IP Logged

Re: Whats in the Astral
Reply #1 - Jul 24th, 2015 at 3:22am

We each have a mental-emotional body, we can also call it an astral body, which is comprised of all the thoughts and emotions that we have ever had. Its substance circulates through the centres, like the material blood circulates through the heart, and like other bodily substances circulate or express through and get processed through their respective organs. Each centre has its intake and output. Mental energy/substance circulates through the head centre; emotional energy/substance circulates through the solar plexus centre. The output is at the front of the centre, where the centre expresses itself. The intake is at the back of the centre. At the back of the head and solar plexus centres are storage places, and it is in these storage places where every thought and emotion ever experienced is stored and arranged in order according to spectrums and frequency. The Planet's astral planes are collective reproductions and amalgamations of every person's mental-emotional bodies. Just as every thought and emotion that an individual has ever had is stored within his mental-emotional makeup, so every thought and emotion that every person on Earth has had is stored or replicated in the astral planes. The planet's astral planes are the collective mental emotional bodies (or astral bodies) of all humanity. Even where thoughts have long since not been consciously expressed and their matter/energy has broken down and returned to its natural state on its own plane, it leaves an imprint on an imprinting surface of what it was. These planes fill the space around the globe like radio frequencies. Tuning with them is a matter of being familiar with the mechanism of your own makeup and the frequencies within and around yourself. Firstly one must learn to differentiate their conscious self from their surroundings, including their thoughts, feelings and emotions; that is, know your self. From that foundation, which is the seat of observation and control, is from where things are done. Study yourself, value truth, whatever truth may be. Cultivate a sense of conscious deliberation in all tasks; of operating your self. Attend well to relationships and life duties. Leaving the body is fairly easy, if not automatic, if these things are done, and provided leaving the body is permissible in your life. We cannot consciously leave the body if we are not generally conscious, for it is the intensity and potency of the daily consciousness that enables it to leave the body. This condition of the consciousness counts for more than technique. Most people are seldom conscious; they go about on auto pilot, acting and thinking automatically. Such people seldom consciously leave the body, and if they did they seldom notice it. People who can leave the body are most often conscious of their self and surroundings. When the consciousness is suitably conditioned, and if leaving the body is ok with one's higher soul, then leaving the body may occur without much effort. Our higher self is the part of consciousness above the conscience or crown centre, from which we are an extension on the plane of Earth, and out of body excursions and lessons are for our best when our consciousness has learnt to tune itself with its higher self, and then the two cooperate. The cooperating part is up to our self as individuals. Conscience is the communicating link between the two. The heart is the centre of mutual expression.                

IP Logged

Justin
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Jul 24th, 2015 at 5:14am

Hi Kran,

Rather than going into specific OBE type stuff, i would recommend some of the framework that Tom Campbell talks about. I don't agree with everything Campbell says as to the specifics, but the general, fundamental theory is based off latest physics data, as well as his and other explorers direct nonphysical experiences.

Basically it goes something like this.  Only Consciousness is primary.  What we perceive as physical matter and many other various "dimensions" (various so called "nonphysical states") are not objective realities, but specific perspective frameworks with differences of perception/awareness.

In other words, there is no true "substance" to speak of, but just info being displayed and perceived in certain ways. These different perspectives have different "rule sets", like physical has gravity, electricity, magnetism, etc. 

Diverging from Campbell some, the over arching rule that runs through all these perspective frames is that of Like attracts and begets Like.  It is especially apparent and strongly obvious in the so called "nonphysical" states. Consciousnesses of similar quality of consciousness and awareness hang out with and are most immediately aware of each other.  The physical is unique in the wide range/spectrum of different and like energies intermixed. 

Our intention, choices/livingness, thoughts, etc are how we navigate and sift through the various data streams, but always according to that basic, pervasive rule. 

What we think of as classic OBE is a perspective framework that is pretty connected to the physical. Hence various structures and forms are more immediate and real seeming from such perspectives. 

However, they are not objectively real (no more or less than the physical). They are interpretations.  There is no "substances", etc, etc.  The more collectively supported the framework or the more you believe same, the more real it will seem.  Meaning if a large group of consciousnesses focus on a certain idea or concept, it becomes temporarily real for those until they move on to more expanded perspectives. 

What does this all mean practically.  We perceive reality, both physical and nonphysical through a distorted, refractive lens where both collective AND individual beliefs, intentions, choices, etc strongly influence our perception of those realities. 

Take for example the concept of the Akashic records in the so called "astral".  Some people perceive these as being "books", but it's not really books--that's just our human experiences influencing our perception of the information.

Take the "silver cord".  No such thing objectively, there is no "thing", nor space in reality.  Some perceived a silver cord because they didn't understand the larger nature of reality and that consciousness is dimensional, not spatial. They needed a concept of a cord to make sense of a shift into a different perspective of reality  We don't even really "go out of our body".  We just shift/phase perspectives within different levels of consciousness.

The body and physical itself is a construct, a perspective framework that operates according a combo collective and individual belief systems, choices, probabilistic rule sets, etc.  Someday, there won't be a physical reality, because consciousnesses won't need nor get stuck in limited perspectives. 

Anyways, i would say, just explore these other states with an open mind. However, don't become too attached to this, because in the grand scheme, it's not that important.  What is most important is growing in Love, and much of that is about ones choices and relationships here in the physical.  There are probably good reasons why a part of yourself is focused in the physical currently. 

And what's a lot more helpful than exploring various different consciousness states, is starting to connect to and communicate with those that are consciously aware within the most expanded perspective.  That is full Oneness with the Whole, pure Love.  These do not have any distortions and limited belief systems anymore. They have pure, objective perception of all things, because they have access to all data and perspectives. They know you better than you yet know yourself, because they are fully merged with you, but without your fears, ego, distorted beliefs, etc. They perceive you as you truly are.  On some level, most of us aspire to become like these.  That is our deepest yearning, and what drives us on despite stumbling around in the proverbial dark. 

Those that are consciously aware in this state can help one towards the goal of happiness more than any exploration of limited and distorted perspective frameworks. 

So to sum it up, exploration is a nice side hobby, but making it a full time occupation tends to be a limited choice in many cases.  Living a positive, helpful, loving life as a human, and connecting regularly to the most expanded Guidance are the true ways to free self and fully realize one's potential.

IP Logged

Rondele
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Jul 24th, 2015 at 6:23pm

1796- It's not clear (at least to me) whether you personally have had OBEs.  Assuming you have, I'm wondering if you set up a way in which you could verify that you were in fact out of body.

Sometime ago a hospital got attention for its plan to see if it could verify accounts of patients who claimed such experiences.  Sorry, can't recall details, maybe someone else can provide them.

In any case have you verified your OBEs (assuming you've had them)?  Such as having a friend write either a secret word or other code and place the paper in a remote location where it would only be accessible while out of body?

Seems that OBEs should be reasonably easy to verify, but in all the years I've followed this subject I don't recall any conclusive evidence being presented and documented.

Can't help but wonder why, other than books by Wm. Buhlman who stated that objects while OOB take on a different appearance.  For example, the sofa might be in its familiar location but it has a different shape, color or other characteristics.  Could that be a possible explanation?

R

IP Logged

BillB

ALK Member

NorthEast
Reply #4 - Jul 24th, 2015 at 6:51pm

Kran,  Forget the so called physics explaination - there isn't one.

For my OBEs, I felt like I was stuck in my body by velco.  I did have assistance from two beings that helped yank me out of my body.  I do not think there is an exact methodology to it; it's something the individual has to learn. For me there was a large aspect of my mind being unwilling to let go of the body. That I found was a tremendous instinct I guess; to stay rooted in the body.

Now when I'm gone, I am aware of returning to my body, but I typically am not aware of leaving it.  When I leave I'm not thinking about my body at all.  And it is very difficult to say where one goes and what that is, though there are plenty of people who will assuredly tell you.   

There is also a large question about what realm your OBE is occurring in, verse what realm simply conscious exploration takes place in.

My advice would be to search for ethereal (I guess) mentor beings that wish to help you with this.  They too would be able to teach you what you need to know.

Avoid franchises that will sell you a bunch of DVDs that will talk you into having (or thinking your having) an OBE... IMO.

If you truly search out your questions,  and it is in line with the purpose of the universe around you, you will find what you need.

again.... IMO

IP Logged

BillB

ALK Member

NorthEast
Reply #5 - Jul 25th, 2015 at 10:07am

Guess I should add, for verification once I decided to go out to the parking lot (OBE) of an unfamiliar place and see if I could identity the last car in a row.  It was night.  I found I couldn't really make anything out.  The next morning when I went to check it out, I saw the vehicle was black.

The next night I tried it again.  This time I made out a silver sedan.... thought I might recognize the model, but I was not seeing in full view, more like looking through a telescope.  Tried to see the license plate but it was like needing glasses - could make much out.   The next day I went to check the end car, and it was silver, but there were two silver cars.  It seem I had seen parts of both cars and assumed there was one silver car I must have incorrectly tried to determine the model from the composite of two cars.  So perception isn't the best.  However, as one of my mentor beings explained early on, one shouldn't expect to "see" as one would with one's eyes.  How well do you see when you dream?  Sometimes very clearly other times not.

Now I generally leave this plane all together; just not interested in traveling here.  Out "There", I sometimes allow myself to simply drift, or race, forward, or upward, and simply  find what I may encounter.  Sometimes going too fast and blasting past something only to find I'm not good at turning around an re-finding the spot.   

Lastly, I don't bother going anywhere OBE, I am moving trans-consciously through levels (if I may use that terminology). Generally I'm trying to meet someone, rather then visit someplace.   And often I am meeting some in simply a mind-to-mind contact.  Many other times, there will be visual contexts along with the conversations and the conversations are more audible.  At first I was taken to those places and encounters.  I could not get there on my own.

Go a million places?  More Internet hype.

PM me if you wish more details and explanations. - Bill

IP Logged

kran

ALK Member

Reply #6 - Jul 27th, 2015 at 3:12am

Thanks for the reply's everyone. When I projected it wasn't like anything ive ever done before and I was actually trying to project! When I popped out it was amazing but I didn't have any control I was just floating. I need to learn how to move while out of my body then I need to learn how to goto places like "the summerland" that I read about or maybe explore some hollow heavens that I've read about on this board.  That's what I mean about a ton of places to visit. Is there anyway to see any family members who have passed on while out of my body? These are some of the questions I have now..... T

IP Logged

Reply #7 - Jul 31st, 2015 at 8:43am

rondele wrote on Jul 24th, 2015 at 6:23pm:
1796- It's not clear (at least to me) whether you personally have had OBEs.  Assuming you have, I'm wondering if you set up a way in which you could verify that you were in fact out of body.

Sometime ago a hospital got attention for its plan to see if it could verify accounts of patients who claimed such experiences.  Sorry, can't recall details, maybe someone else can provide them.

In any case have you verified your OBEs (assuming you've had them)?  Such as having a friend write either a secret word or other code and place the paper in a remote location where it would only be accessible while out of body?

Seems that OBEs should be reasonably easy to verify, but in all the years I've followed this subject I don't recall any conclusive evidence being presented and documented.

Can't help but wonder why, other than books by Wm. Buhlman who stated that objects while OOB take on a different appearance.  For example, the sofa might be in its familiar location but it has a different shape, color or other characteristics.  Could that be a possible explanation?
to
R

Many hospitals have unusual objects or cards with symbols or numbers on them positioned in their operating theatres in such places as can only be seen from the ceiling. These items are to assist in verifying patient's accounts if they claim to have been out of body.

Two neuroscientists from a major state hospital brought a van load of imaging, EEG and other equipment to my house and stayed for a weekend. I was like a guinea pig for two days, meditating and sleeping while they imaged the house and my brain. Nothing much came of it as far as verifying any out of body activity but we became good friends.    

Some reasons why verification of full conscious out of body excursions (obe’s) is difficult:

Following are some analogies:

The fish has a body that is suitable for the medium of water. Imagine a deep water fish that could leave its body, but when it left its body suitable for the medium of water it found it was in a body suitable for the medium of air, and had immediately risen out of the water and was flying in the air above land and sea. Afterwards the fish told the other fish down in the deep ocean that it had left its body and saw wonderful sights, and they said, if you can leave your body then surely you can verify it by telling us the secret number that we have put under this stone on the ocean floor.

Also: Consciously leaving the body is mostly done in conscious cooperation with one’s oversoul. The oversoul is the consciousness from which our own consciousness extends, and between it and our self is conscience. One must tune oneself with conscience, and with oversoul, that is, hand oneself over to its will and purpose, and if in doing that, leaving the body is permissible and beneficial, then leaving the body may proceed. It is not so much our own will that causes our self to leave the body, but the will of our oversoul; and only within the extent that we reflect and tune our-will with that-will do we have control over leaving the body.

The oversoul from which we extend has no interest in verifying to extensions (other people) from other oversouls that it can extract one of its own extensions (our self) from our body. Just as you have no interest to prove to other people’s feet that you can pull one of your own feet from its shoe. Even if your foot said to you, “Let me prove to other feet that I can leave my shoe,” you would probably reply to your foot, “We have more important things to do than that, for when I take you out of your shoe it is to take you places where you cannot go while in your shoe, to show you things that otherwise you cannot see.” Leaving your body is like your oversoul taking its foot out of its shoe. For we each are like a pseudopod.

And if your gloved hand said to you, “Help me prove to other gloved hands that you can pull me out of my glove,” then you would say to your hand, “When I put you in a glove it is so you can work for me and do things with a glove on that you could not do without a glove. And when I take you out of your glove it is so that you can sense fine things and do fine work for me that you cannot do when in your glove. I do not take you out of your glove for you to prove to other hands in their gloves that I can take you out of yours.” For when we learn to tune our self with our oversoul then we become like a hand of our oversoul. And leaving the body is like our oversoul taking its hand out of a glove.

If you are a tradesman who works for a boss and wears your boss's uniform, and while you are working for your boss someone asks you to do a job for them, and you say, “Certainly I will do that job for you”, and you do the job on the side and take the person’s payment for yourself, and your boss finds out you did that, then he will consider you lacking in moral integrity, untrustworthy, and he may give you dull work to do and will not further train you or promote you, or he may sack you, for you have stolen his customer and taken money and credit that rightly belongs to your boss. But if when the person asked you to do the job, you replied, “I am employed by my boss so I will ask him if he can send someone to do the job for you.” Then when you report to your boss that you know someone who wants a job done he will send you or another of his tradesmen in company uniform to do the job. And if you tell your boss you would like to do the job yourself then your boss will likely allocate the job to you, for your pleasure doing his work is his pleasure too; and he may also tell you to give the customer a discount or an extra service, for he knows he may not have received their custom if not for your honesty, and he will reward you for being trustworthy and bringing business to his company, so you will be given further training, offered promotions, and given more freedom in your work because you are trustworthy and good for the company. For we are like an employee of our oversoul which is our employer. When working well for our employer we only work within the bounds of what our employer wants, but if we make our interests in line with his interests then he will oblige us and reward us as well.  Our conscience is our radio for communicating with our employer; our heart is our most significant tool of trade.

The relationship between soul and oversoul is similar to the relationship between the Son and the Father as described in the Gospel of John.

Nearly all my obe’s are to attend classes or lessons, and they are all done in cooperation with my oversoul. These are just a few examples that show that they are not the sort of thing that one can just interrupt to go and verify a secret number hidden somewhere. And I certainly would not do so, for the lesson of the excursion for me is far more valuable than verifying some number to someone else, which seems so petty in comparison to such wonderful lessons. 
https://lacecurtain.wordpress.com/2014/02/20/616/
https://lacecurtain.wordpress.com/2013/12/31/mother-earth-breath-life-and-god/
https://lacecurtain.wordpress.com/2014/10/30/the-picture-book/
https://lacecurtain.wordpress.com/2014/02/01/spirals-of-time/

Imagine in the middle of obe’s like those, or any other lessons, telling your oversoul to stop the process because you have to read a secret number in a box to tell the number to your friend who wants you to verify it for him. The process would stop alright, and probably never happen again. For it would be as if your boss offered you a special day as training for promotion, and instead of attending you decided to go home and tell your friend about it, and then you miss the opportunity and lose the trust of your boss.

So the mindset in which it seems reasonable to verify the OBE to others, cannot easily leave the body; and the mindset to which leaving the body is possible, cannot easily verify it to others. For when it leaves the body such great and wonderful things fill its attention that the things that were reasonable before immediately pale into insignificance.

Mutual excursions:
There is though, an interesting form of possible verification of out of body excursion and that is mutual out of body excursions, whereby two souls leave their bodies together, and can then discuss the experience afterwards. (Remember the fish that leaves its body and finds itself in another medium flying over the land and cannot verify the number put under the stone on the ocean floor, but it might go out of body with another fish and they fly over the land together and verify the experience to each other.) When leaving the body together, both may be consciously out of body, or one person may be semi-conscious and experience the out-of-body excursion as a dream and the other may experience it as a conscious out of body excursion. Or both may experience it as the same dream, and with repetition and time this can help train them in differentiating between types of dreams and OBE’s. Naturally each person experiences the same dream from their own perspective. I have done this mutual verification many times, mostly with one other person, and several times with others. Telling another person their dream is not all fun and games though, there are significant issues involved.    

Communication while out of body:
Also, there exists a definite obstacle to two people being able to consciously leave their bodies together, and that obstacle is the way communication takes place while out of body. When out of body, communication happens just by looking at each other and being in each other’s presence or attention. And out of body communication exchanges huge amounts of information instantly. This not only means that thoughts fly between the couple rapidly, which can be overwhelming, but most significantly, it means that at a glance one can know the entire interior of the other person, all the thoughts and desires they have ever had, and the entire makeup of their personality energy. Most people keep much of their self hidden from others, so as much as they might superficially imagine it would be nice to go out of body with someone else, they actually would not enjoy being consciously out of body with someone else because of revealing their entire self. There is a lot in most people's personality that they don't even want to face up to themselves, let alone reveal it to someone else. Also the subconscious has two automated prime roles, being storekeeper and defender. The subconscious senses beforehand the vulnerability associated with being consciously out of body with someone else and disallows it before it happens. This is also the reason why we cannot get close to someone without their permission when we are full consciously out of body – their subconscious puts out a barrier that prevents it, and if we press the matter their subconscious will knock us back so hard that we will probably bounce back to our body and never be able to leave our body again. The only way around this obstacle is through love, with genuine understanding and forgiveness. The subconscious recognises genuine love, like a key or password, and allows contact. Subconscious may also allow contact with a semiconscious or unconscious person, where there is no active intellect or freewill control, therefore mutual dreams or semi-conscious out of body excursions are possible for most people, and these provide a means of verification. But of course, just because you have a dream with someone else in it, does not mean they had the same dream or that you were both out of body together, for we may conjure up all sorts of things and people in dreams. But if two people want to, and if they truly love and understand each other, then it is possible to leave their bodies together, either consciously or as dreams.

Explain the process:
Another way of verifying or offering proof of such experiences to others is for those who know how leaving the body is achieved to provide clear guidelines and instructions to others, so that others might explore along similar lines and verify the matter for themselves. That is why I describe how I do it, and the mechanism of the soul, centres and subtle bodies by which I do it. And I intend to reveal more.   
« Last Edit: Jul 31st, 2015 at 10:16pm by 1796 »  

IP Logged

Justin
Ex Member

Reply #8 - Jul 31st, 2015 at 11:22am

Verification is not a black and white thing.  While it's not important to verify experiences for other people in many cases, it is often helpful to have verification so that self knows it is on the right track. 

I've experienced a lot of different verification of info received intuitively over the years.

Some of these involved precog info, that i couldn't have possibly known about.

For example, at the Monroe Institute, during the Gateway Voyage, i asked guidance to show me something helpful for me to see.  I heard a man's name, someone i was slightly familiar with, and then i saw an image, along with the image came impressions of certain colors. 

The next day, the trainers said we have a surprise for you.  Long story short, we got to meet someone well known  in the RV field.  It was the same person i had gotten info about the day before.  And the colors i got impressions of, he was wearing.   Also, before meeting him, we had done a remote viewing exercise.  I got definite hits on that.  I kept sensing this big but relatively thin, arching structure and water.  I had no idea what it was, but turns out the target was St. Louis arch. 

Another experience at TMI was when i was meditating, i suddenly got a sharp pain in one of my feet, but such as soon as it came, it went.  I hadn't ever experienced anything like that in meditation before.  Later that day, Becky and i walked down to the lake to swim, walking back, i decided to not wear my shoes, and ended up stepping on a thorn, which caused pain in the same foot and area of same that i had experienced earlier during the meditation.

A lot of verification i've received has some in the experience of synchronicity with others, and some kind of future development.  I mentioned the Tom Campbell experience. 

Point being, is besides building up trust, verification also helps to keep one balanced and grounded.  If one is receiving/perceiving info regulary (however, and in whatever "state" that is), but rarely if ever receives any kind of corroborating verification, then there is a possibility that it would be helpful to take a step back and re examine the process. There have been many New Age channeler types, that give out very little in the way of verification, and their info is almost completely philosophical in nature, and there is no way to materially check on it. 

Not surprisingly, a percentage of these outer sources that i have come across, have rung warning bells to my intuition.

The more one attunes to Love, the more one's perceptions tend to expand, clarify, and become more holistically accurate.  Sources or individuals that don't come from a stronger Love attunement, often lack holistic accuracy, helpfulness, etc. 

But, unless you are at the Yeshua-He/She level, it's impossible to get things right all the time.  There always will be some distortion, because there is not a pure attunement to Love.  There is some static.  Pure Love is the clearest signal/reality, and any mismatch in frequency to same, will produce static.   

IP Logged

Justin
Ex Member

Reply #9 - Jul 31st, 2015 at 12:09pm

I should add that providing verification for others, like skeptics, can be done, but i've noticed in my own case that when ego becomes involved in the process, it tends to limit and distort such perception. If one can seek such info without ego being involved, then they could do it no problem.  But that isn't easy and of itself.  We tend to have more ego than we are consciously aware of. Much of it for most is rather unconscious.  When i say "ego", i mean a complex admixture of fear complexes/aspects with selfish tendencies and patterns. 

Many materiial minded folks would likely label that a cop-out, but it's just the way it works.  It really is a kind of physics, albeit a nonphysical type of physics. 

Everything is judged and relative to that of pure Love, as there are only two absolute realities that co-exist simultaneously, Oneness and Individuality. 

Love moves us towards the Oneness, but with retention of the latter. 

Ego/selfishness/fear/separateness moves us towards the individuality in a negative/limiting way. 

Perception follows beingness, and Like attracts and begets Like. 

Pretty much anytime my ego has become involved in perceiving, not just nonphysically, but also materially as well, accuracy and helpfulness has gone down.  The most accurate and constructive info i receive, usually comes when i'm in the state of helpfulness/service to others, wanting to better myself to have a better influence on the Whole, etc.  In other words, attunement to Love. 

Looking at Edgar Cayce's life is a very enlightening exercise in understanding the contrasting nature of these motivations.  Cayce, was to a large extent, dependent on others in the sense of they often had to ask him questions before information would come out. 

Most people that sought advice from him were seeking physical or spiritual help out of real need or sincerity. 

But occasionally he would get people with very limited and selfish intentions.  Cayce became involved with a group of oil hunters and investors.  There was a lot of intrigue and outright confrontation involved with this very materially minded and selfish group.  Not surprisingly, the info didn't come through very clear and accurately, plus there were indications that someone was sabotaging the project. Cayce himself went into it, because he wanted to build a holistic hospital to help others, but he got caught up in the black gold fever to some extent and for awhile became too polarized to the material.

When Cayce himself wasn't in good attunement and didn't have a good balance between the physical, mental, and spiritual, his information tended to lose some helpfulness and accuracy.  While his intentions were usually good, occasionally the material or his ego became over involved, and similar thing, the information lacked. 

That's not to say there was no accuracy at all.  Some people, including his own father, procured private readings without a transcriber like his wife or secretary/friend present.  It was found out later that these people sought information related to things like gambling. 

The information provided some material fruits, but Cayce himself suffered, he often would awaken with a severe headache after these kinds of very selfish, materialistic readings.  One of the people that sought and materially benefited from such help, i think i remember reading ended up in a mental hospital. 

This is not to say that material information couldn't be sought with helpfulness and non harm.  Cayce had a number of businessmen friends, but most of these also had spiritual ideals and were service oriented.  A lot of them were very financially helped from Cayce, like Morton Bluementhal, and in turn gave much of their time and money towards "the work" as they often called it. 

But both immediate intention and choices, and the overall trend of intentions and past choices, is very influential in the kind of, and overall helpfulness and accuracy of psychically received info. 

This seems to apply most to humans. It seems to be slightly different in cases of some other groups, which are more collectively and consciously psychic to begin with. 

IP Logged

recoverer

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Reply #10 - Jul 31st, 2015 at 1:08pm

Crossbow said: The oversoul from which we extend has no interest in verifying to extensions (other people) from other oversouls that it can extract one of its own extension (our self) from our body. Just as you have no interest to prove to other people’s feet that you can pull one of your own feet from its shoe. Even if your foot said to you, “Let me prove to other feet that I can leave my shoe,” you would probably reply to your foot, “We have more important things to do than that, for when I take you out of your shoe it is to take you places where you cannot go while in your shoe, to show you things that otherwise you cannot see.” Leaving your body is like your oversoul taking its foot out of its shoe. For we each are like a pseudopod.

Recoverer responds: I like that.  Early on a person might receive confirmations that he (or she) is dealing with more than his imagination, but eventually things reach the point where an Oversoul isn't going to waste its time trying to provide confirmations that are no longer needed by the  extension it is working with. For the most part, confirmations aren't provided for the sake of other people.

The only way a person will obtain certainty is by having his (or her) own experiences. A part of being able to do this is being willing to let go of limiting barriers, especially those that are fear-based. It is also a matter of wanting to reconnect with your Source more than you want to hold on to false ideas, attachments and a body-based identity.

IP Logged

Justin
Ex Member

Reply #11 - Jul 31st, 2015 at 2:00pm

Well said Albert. 

I just wish that more outer sources out there that set themselves up as some kind of spiritual authority, especially those that make money off it, would provide more verification. 

Some do, but some of the most well known ones almost never provide info that can be corroborated.  Some of these seem to be of sources with limiting intentions or connections to begin with. 

However, a limiting source, could provide a decent person with relatively good intentions, with some verifying info.

But i believe that this metaphysical law and pattern does relate to other groups and sources to some extent to, meaning, they might be able to give you the name of someone dead grandma, but probably unlikely to provided say future info that will be accurate, because their perception is more limited than a very Love based source.

It's an interesting topic, and it would be best to avoid any kind of absolute statements regarding it, because it's relative to the individual to some extent. 

Some people and sources don't seek or give out verification, because deep down, they know they are not in touch with more expanded forces or are overly faking it.

Others have just received enough earlier on, that they trust the process and don't need any more verification, and it's just not a focus anymore.

But, i believe initially seeking verification is a good idea for many reasons as mentioned earlier.  It's a good balancing, grounding process.

IP Logged

Justin
Ex Member

Reply #12 - Jul 31st, 2015 at 2:39pm

Sometime people who get involved strongly with spiritual and nonphysical subjects are or become overly polarized to the right brain side of things.  These often will have some nonphysical or spiritual experiences, but they are often the type to overly believe what they want to believe, not based on truth but more desire, limiting beliefs, etc.

On the other side are the people who are or become overly left brained, whom over seek verication and proof because so much of them can't accept spiritual reality or just limited aspects of same for whatever reason(s).

For the first group, your average say very new age type whom isn't grounded enough, seeking verification in both outer sources and in their own psychic activities would be a helpful process to engage in.  Helps to bring in some left brain balance.

For the latter group, less of a focus and more "going with the flow" would be more helpful. Helps to bring in some necessary and helpful right brain balance and integration
Our guidance and Expanded selves understand our individual, relative needs.  But we can and often do block, or just don't listen to these, hence why great balance, great consciousness expansion, etc is more the exception than the rule here among humans.

Hence the necessity at times for incarnated spiritual teachers and helpers to point people in the right directions.

IP Logged

kran

ALK Member

Reply #13 - Aug 1st, 2015 at 2:11am

thanks for all the great replys everyone Smiley Just to clarify I'm not seeking verification of weather or not I had an obe. I know I did 100 % a) I had been trying to do it for months on a daily basis  b) the night of my OBE I was meditating while lying down and wasn't tired at all, I relaxed my body did my breathing exercises, I built up an astral body, charged my chakras, then while I was sending my energy from my body into my astral body shell i first heard a high pitch ringing in my ears, then lights started flashing from behind my eyelids like really fast it was like someone was turning on and off a lightswitch as fast as they possiably could the ringing in my ears got louder and louder then i heard a sort of buzzing and a shoosh pop pop pop and all of a sudden i was hovering above my body and everything sounded very strange like whispers i couldn't make out in the dark i couldn't move but could see my ceiling as i managed to move my head to the left and could see my desk and chair, my television, my closet my window in my bedroom i was floating closer and closer to  my ceiling and right as i started to touch it I got scared and Wham i popped back into my body i was like OMG the entire time totally excited and amazed  yet the experience left me a bit scared like I felt like I was being watched or something, the way my hearing worked was extremely strange, like thousands of whispers in the dark that i couldn't make out at all imagine so many whispers that it blended into a kind of weird sound that no longer sounded like whispers if that makes any sense at all. I haven't projected since even though ive tried. I think I'm afraid of a) having no control of my astral body at all i couldn't move the only thing i moved slightly was my head and b) I felt like I was being watched or something I dono, I want to project again but I need to figure out how to gain control and once I have control where should I go? Like how do I move from the etheric into the astral?

IP Logged

Reply #14 - Aug 1st, 2015 at 2:40am

Someone who is new to astral travelling is likely to have out of body excursions where the externalised consciousness can observe but does not possess a fully active intellect and freewilled control, and if beneficial to them they might experience excursions where some things can be observed and verified later when back within the body.

This is an example: https://lacecurtain.wordpress.com/?s=rocks

Such experiences might be considered a required step for someone towards further experiences where such physically verifiable details are not featured. I expect that was the case with myself, for I was just commencing my study of the subject then and at that time such verifications as seeing and verifying that pile of rocks did help to spur me on.

Even in later years excursions occur whereby I can verify physical details. Such verifications are usually only personally applicable though.

Mutually experienced out of body excursions, whether fully conscious or as dreams, can be disturbing and testing for the individuals concerned.

The greatest and most significant verification though, is the benefit to one's life, and hopefully benefit to the lives of others that one has contact with too. But even what seems beneficial can be deceptive, and take some tests and trials to learn.

When we understand and accept this, and keep quiet about what we can do, then our possibilities really start to open up.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.