Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Whats in the Astral (Read 17255 times)

Re: Whats in the Astral
Reply #15 - Aug 1st, 2015 at 3:38am

Kran,

Your experience sounds familiar to many people's early out of body experiences.

The whispers and other phenomena are common, particularly for beginners. There can be much activity in the astral. Do not be concerned about any of it. Regarding the whispers, or any other phenomena, the best approach is to just remain observant and mentally unmoved. Just continue with your exercise, as if what you are doing is your only concern.

It is like backing a trailer into an unfamiliar place, and while doing so there are all sorts of noises, activity and potential distractions going on around you, but you just ignore the distractions and focus on carefully backing the trailer.   

There is nothing to fear in astral travel; nothing at all, despite appearances and despite the silly stories you might read about reptilian predators and other supposed evil influences in the astral worlds. Just develop poise, a sense of your own stable presence and self control, and nothing will bother you.   

Regards your differentiating between etheric and astral; you are not defining what you mean by each, and most people who use the terms do so without distinction anyway. But I can guess what you mean. Either way your questions, How do you gain more control? and How do you move from the etheric to the astral? will be discovered and answered by yourself if you simply persevere with your practice. It is something like learning to ride a pushbike; once you get moving along you begin to work it out for your self, and figure out how to coast along and how peddle up hill. Persevere, practice, cultivate a warm heart and good mental health, and stay away from drugs.

There is a sure indicator of a person who is not making progress in such arts, and that is the person who takes mind altering drugs. Drugs bend, distort and tear the astral body, disrupt the workings of the centres, and mess up the mind and reasoning faculties. Cannabis, which many think is harmless, is one of the most harmful, being a drug of self delusion. The damage drugs do can take many years to rectify, even if the damage can be rectified in one lifetime which often it cannot. So live healthily, practice, don't neglect your daily life duties, and if astral travel is for you, then you will most likely have further interesting experiences.

IP Logged

recoverer

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Reply #16 - Aug 1st, 2015 at 11:47am

Similar to what others wrote on this thread, years ago I had OBEs with all the effects, this no longer happens because it is no longer necessary. I believe that in some cases such effects happen initially because our higher self wants to help us become aware of what is going on.

I must say, I do somewhat miss the experience of doing things like flying through energetic tunnels while fully awake. It was exciting to see what would happen next. Smiley It was interesting to be aware of my physical body and flying around at the same time. The sound effects were cool.

IP Logged

Justin
Ex Member

Reply #17 - Aug 1st, 2015 at 12:25pm

Quote:
"There is nothing to fear in astral travel; nothing at all, despite appearances and despite the silly stories you might read about reptilian predators and other supposed evil influences in the astral worlds"

No one here has ever said anything about reptilians in relation to OBE and the astral, let alone cautioning about same.

In a sense, it's fairly straightforward and simple to get around such potential influencing outer hindrances. 

Live one's life in a positive way and grow in Love, and ask the most expanded and Love attuned to help protect oneself.  Lack of fear also helps, but that comes with attunement to PUL naturally.

Reptilians are like you and i, they use a dense physical body that originates in a similar frequency bandwidth as our physical . While they are are more consciously psychic than the average human and have much more advanced technology, they are not omnipotent nor omniscient.

Most of the potential harm comes more subtly, it's more like softly whispering limiting ideas, beliefs, etc into one's mind either directly or indirectly through outer sources they have influenced directly (like some channeling material, etc). As mentioned, they tend not to just show up to someone whom is consicous enough to remember such an experience, they don't want to be known about. 

In other words, they lurk in the shadows, metaphorically speaking. 

This is my last post on this thread about this issue, but i felt a correction to an overly generalized, exaggerated, and misleading statement was necessary.

IP Logged

recoverer

Reply #18 - Aug 1st, 2015 at 3:25pm

1796 said: There is nothing to fear in astral travel; nothing at all, despite appearances and despite the silly stories you might read about reptilian predators and other supposed evil influences in the astral worlds.

Recoverer responds: What if your Oversoul told you about such a thing? Is it just being silly? What if it told you that you don't have to be afraid of such things as long as you choose love? Is it being silly then?

Some might say that talk about Oversouls is nothing but silliness. Is such talk silliness simply because someone hasn't found out about Oversouls?

I would like to add that before a person becomes too aware of unfriendly beings, he (or she) best not have any similar tendencies such as enjoying disparaging others.

IP Logged

BillB

ALK Member

NorthEast
Reply #19 - Aug 1st, 2015 at 9:33pm

There ya have it.  The Reptilians are like you and me, but they are more psychic than the average human, and have more advanced technology... and they whisper thoughts into your mind... and you can't see them... They sound less like you and me by the word.  But if you think happy thoughts - no worries.  There is nothing to fear.   

So if you aren't afraid of this pesky Reptilians, ya'll should have no problems walking through the Chicago southside on a Saturday morning at about 2:00AM.  Heck, nothing there as bad as a Reptilian.

Yet I am confused, is it because an OverSoul is taking care of everything?  Maybe an UnderSoul is guiding the Reptilians.  Nah, the Plutonians just channeled that the Galactic Council have a trade agreement between the OverSouls and UnderSouls.  But I just saw on the Internet today another channel by last surviving Atlantan being sheltered under Antarctica and that channel says the SupraGalactic Central Committee has an injunction on the trade agreement tho.

It's fairly straightforward and simply.... That's why mankind has been struggling with this for millennium. 

Kran, Find your center.  Find out for yourself.  Don't expect it to be easy, or comfortable, and DON"T be naive.

IP Logged

recoverer

Reply #20 - Aug 1st, 2015 at 11:10pm

A number of years ago I was sitting in my easy chair reading a Robert Monroe book. The book said something about aliens and I laughed at the suggestion that they interact with this Earth. Right then I heard a crackle sound, looked up, and with eyes open saw a funny looking alien swoop towards me.

This wasn't an actual alien. Rather, my higher self had me see such an image with the intent of saying, "Are you serious Albert? Do you really believe that aliens aren't involved with this Earth? You ought to know better than that. Look inside and see if you can remember some of what you know within the depths of your Soul."

Some people are open to the possibility that aliens interact with this World.

Fewer are open to the possibility that some of these aliens might be unfriendly.

Fewer yet, are open to the possibility that such aliens might look like reptilians. Perhaps this is a human ego thing. They figure that if an intelligent alien doesn't look like a human, it shold at least look like a mammal.

Well considering that Reptilians are supposed to be cold-blooded attitude wise, perhaps it makes sense that they look like a cold blooded animal.  Grin

There are people at my work who probably believe it is a joke when I say I communicate with spirits. Some of them might think, "what a preposterous thing to believe." A day will come when they will realize that it is really quite odd that so many people doubt spirit communication since after all, we are in truth spirits.

But that's the human game. We forget about the things we knew before we incarnated. Perhaps we knew that unfriendly aliens interact with World. Perhaps even Reptilians. I wonder who will get the last laugh on this subject.

IP Logged

Justin
Ex Member

Reply #21 - Aug 2nd, 2015 at 1:43am

BillB, the principles and how it works is pretty straightforward and simple, however, i didn't say anything about it being easy to more fully or consistently apply.

Attuning to and growing in PUL type Love, appears to be one of the hardest things for humans, speaking as a trend, to do. Transforming fear also is hard for humans, as a trend.

While these are difficult, long time human issues, once people care about, understand, and start to put this stuff into practice, they understand that the principles themselves are simple.

I don't want to go to extremes in talking about shadow issues, i don't want people to think resistance is futile, but neither do i want them to think it's a casual, easy walk in the park.  Sincerely calling on the help of those much more expanded than self or even one's Disk/I-there/Oversoul, can help immediately though when dealing with unwanted, hindering outer influences. 

IP Logged

Reply #22 - Aug 2nd, 2015 at 1:54am

Re. spiritual defence

The only devil we need be concerned about is that part of our self that would have us disobey our conscience.

The same may be said about supposed evil aliens or anyone or anything else that might detrimentally influence us, whether psychically or otherwise.

All detrimental influence, all threats to our spiritual development, come in through the part of our self that would have us disobey our conscience. So what we need to attend to is clear.

Physical threats are, of course, a different matter. They are dealt with physically, but even then, conscience and sensible judgement should govern. 

IP Logged

BillB

ALK Member

NorthEast
Reply #23 - Aug 2nd, 2015 at 12:27pm

That is exactly my point.  A new member posts a question and receives a number of answers "as if they are true and correct".

For example: Recoverer writes about an experience AFTER reading Bob's book "..heard a crackle sound, looked up, and with eyes open saw a funny looking alien swoop towards me...this wasn't an actual alien...."  So an actual alien wasn't actually observed.. higher self saw it.  But you didn't see it prior to reading the book.  Every see kids have nightmares after seeing a scary movie? 

My point is there are also sort of intuitive arguments about the natures of other species and why not.  However, my point also distinguishes between what is actually based on experience.  How much is total fantasy passed on over the Internet, then presumed to be true; later re-voiced here.  It is also presumed the Reptilians are cold because they are cold blooded. Who actually knows they are cold blooded (because our retiles are?) and why does that mean a priori that they are cold.. therefore bad.. or evil?  So our reptiles nature to our world are evil?

Concerning PUL: yes in principal that is simple. However, just because one attempts to utilize PUL does not guarantee the desired result.  Maybe you will get the desired response in 30 years and that dose not promise you will not go through a lot of crap waiting for the loving higher beings to keep promise with the "methodology"  Again, over simplifying, principal in the real world.  Otherwise step up to the plate and resolve the conflicts in Ukraine, or the Mid-East, or in Central America, or in any of our inner Cities using Pul.  You should be able to remedy all that by next weekend; I'll watch the news and wait.

Regarding "The only devil we need be concerned about is that part of our self that would have us disobey our conscience...", my point here would be that it's ok to say we know there are Reptilians and their nature, technology ...  But those that believe in the Devil, because they"ve seen it or having working knowledge of it... are wrong?  Their knowledge is archaic, but ours isn't.

This is simply exchanging belief systems for belief systems with knowledge based on the Internet and reading somebody's book(s)

Incidentally, if you believe in PUL, or Source, or Alpha, avoiding words such as God, or Christ, or Mohammad, then one would realize that the Bully-God Bob met was not God at all.  Given that deception, how may other deceptions take place in the experiences that comprise these various books.

Add on that Tom Campbell's personal notions that all of this is a virtual projection and none of "this" is actually real, why believe any of the experiences written in Bob's book(s) aren't simply a ploy to lurer people into "technologies" such as hemi-sync and gain virtual control of the user's minds? 

The point I am trying to make here is that it is easy to move from complete conjecture to assumed Truth.  That information than regurgitated and re-propogated...as if Truth.

I think Kran came here looking for input from people based on their own personal and actual experiences regarding the Astral field and OBEs.   Seems like he's getting an intro to presumed to be true, personal and pet belief systems of certain new age franchises, although some respondents did include aspects of their astral experiences.

This all reminds me of a guy at The Monroe Institute I met during the Gateway seminar.  He had NO "Astral" experiences of his own, and no religious or spiritual experiences of his own, but he knew a lot from reading the Internet.  He was quick at every turn to offer an explanation for everything I had already experienced and was completely wrong.  Yet he presumed he had correct information.

Again, Fran... Go hunt out for yourself what you believe in.  Don't not embrace pre-conceived notions that may, as some contributors put it, front-load your experience.  You don't want to dream about monsters and think they're true simply because you watch a scary movie; the fantasy of some film director.

IP Logged

recoverer

Reply #24 - Aug 2nd, 2015 at 12:36pm

1796:

One way or the other, I agree with you. Regardless of what is out there, we get to choose how we want to be. Listening to our conscience is a key part of this.

I once had this OBE. I woke up and felt something holding me by my back in a way that hurt. Then I very quickly traveled to a place very far out in space.

An unfriendly alien took me to a dance, led the dance, and held my back in a way that hurt. I told this alien, "I'm commited to God, love and the happiness of all beings, and there is absolutely nothing you can do about this!" The experience imediately came to an end.

I don't believe that I was actually abducted by an unfriendly alien. After all, it would be rather silly for an alien to take me to a dance. Rather, my higher self created this experience in order to make the point that as long as I choose a positive way of being, nothing can hurt me, not even an unfriendly alien.

Being physically harmed is another thing, but that won't effect your Soul unless you let it.

1796 wrote on Aug 2nd, 2015 at 1:54am:
Re. spiritual defence

The only devil we need be concerned about is that part of our self that would have us disobey our conscience.

The same may be said about supposed evil aliens or anyone or anything else that might detrimentally influence us, whether psychically or otherwise.

All detrimental influence, all threats to our spiritual development, come in through the part of our self that would have us disobey our conscience. So what we need to attend to is clear.

Physical threats are, of course, a different matter. They are dealt with physically, but even then, conscience and sensible judgement should govern. 

IP Logged

Justin
Ex Member

Reply #25 - Aug 2nd, 2015 at 12:37pm

I'll have to kind of agree with BillB here. If that was so easy, and it's just simply a matter of listening to one's conscience, why are so few humans more fully content, joyous, etc, let alone at a Yeshua like level? Why has so much of humanity been stuck for so long? 

If it were so easy, then wouldn't more humans and their Disks/OverSouls have gotten that far, but instead collectively we have trillions and trillions of lifetimes, and many Disks have hundreds and thousands of lifetimes, and still so few have become truly and completely free.

It seems much within and without, get's in the way of the simple principle of listening to and following one's conscience.

We can consider these inner and outer hindrances as blocks. To grow, to transform, we have to effectively deal with them and for that you have to become consciously aware of and deal with them individually, while also generally attuning to Love.  It takes both, not just one or the other.

Some will make this a black and white issues, but it's not. There are collective, almost universals involved, and then much individual relativity involved.  We all have different blocks within, but a lot of us share similar outer blocks.

There is an old, Biblical quote that sums up the problem well: "The Spirit is willing, but the flesh is weak."  The collective stuckness here, has a strong pull and resonating influence on those that incarnate into human bodies.  It's almost like a type of gravity that weighs us down.

We are in the process of getting to the point where we can overcome all these inner and outer hindrances/blocks, SO that we can more fully and consistently listen to our conscience, but much needs to happen before this more fully flowers in a collective sense.  We're talking some pretty strong and in our face, catalysts. 

IP Logged

recoverer

Reply #26 - Aug 2nd, 2015 at 1:00pm

I'm reposting my post below because I just read what BillB just said

"For example: Recoverer writes about an experience AFTER reading Bob's book "..heard a crackle sound, looked up, and with eyes open saw a funny looking alien swoop towards me...this wasn't an actual alien...."  So an actual alien wasn't actually observed.. higher self saw it.  But you didn't see it prior to reading the book.  Every see kids have nightmares after seeing a scary movie?"

Below I presented another example of an imaginary alien experience. Perhaps my two examples on this thread show that I am able to tell when an experience is imaginary. Yet I still believe that it is very possible that unfriendly aliens interact with this Earth. Why? Because I've had experiences and received information in ways where it was clear that something more than my imagination was involved.

When you have an experience it is important to consider the context and timing. It is possible for such factors to occur in a way where you know that more than your imagination is involved.

I've also had experiences that involved Jesus. Some people will say that such experiences are also a matter of interpreter overlay, imagination, and so on. Sometimes they are overly quick to come to this conclusion because they are AFRAID to see that perhaps there is some  truth to the Jesus story, and that perhaps unfrienly beings exist.

If they are limited and misled by such fears, then they are going to have a very hard time finding out what Jesus is about and whether unfriendly beings interact with this World, because their higher selves and guidance won't be able to help them become aware of the existence of such things.

The interpreter overlay thing can be a two-edged sword if we use it as a defense to not become aware of things we don't want to become aware of, so it is important to take care when considering to what extent it is a factor during an experience.

recoverer wrote on Aug 2nd, 2015 at 12:36pm:
1796:

One way or the other, I agree with you. Regardless of what is out there, we get to choose how we want to be. Listening to our conscience is a key part of this.

I once had this OBE. I woke up and felt something holding me by my back in a way that hurt. Then I very quickly traveled to a place very far out in space.

An unfriendly alien took me to a dance, led the dance, and held my back in a way that hurt. I told this alien, "I'm commited to God, love and the happiness of all beings, and there is absolutely nothing you can do about this!" The experience imediately came to an end.

I don't believe that I was actually abducted by an unfriendly alien. After all, it would be rather silly for an alien to take me to a dance. Rather, my higher self created this experience in order to make the point that as long as I choose a positive way of being, nothing can hurt me, not even an unfriendly alien.

Being physically harmed is another thing, but that won't effect your Soul unless you let it.

1796 wrote on Aug 2nd, 2015 at 1:54am:
Re. spiritual defence

IP Logged

Justin
Ex Member

Reply #27 - Aug 2nd, 2015 at 1:19pm

BillB, neither Recoverer nor i were the ones to bring up negative E.T.'s to Kran here. 

And rather going into a lot of specifics, i spoke to Kran in a very generalized way, outlining the basic principles and laws behind all this stuff. 

Front loading as you call it, well that's what Guides do all the time, but they have the wisdom to know when to go into detail, or when to leave it more general, or to just give hints or to just give nudges. 

They are in the business you could say, of transforming stuck, limited, distorted belief systems into more freeing, expanding, and accurate belief systems.  There are various ways of doing that, and yes, sometimes it comes down to explaining things in a clear and concise way to spark greater understanding.  Literally everything they do, is devoted to that process, because they are trying to help free humans from their inner and outer bonds, so much of which relates to distorted, limiting beliefs.

I have been on a conscious spiritual path since age 13, and i'm now 35, and in that time i have been through A LOT of challenge and testing.  Much of my path has been about developing my intuitive knowing, which doesn't require any bells and whistles that you are so attached to, all the sensation effects, the flying, the forms, etc. 

Intuition cuts right through to truth. It is our deepest and most core way of perceiving, whether while focused in physical, or nonphysical. A perceptive capacity and sense we have had from the moment we were sparked off from Source.

To become very intuitive, one must do a few things in tandem--become very clear, balanced, and open ones heart up a lot. It is one of the hardest of the perceptive senses to develop, because it takes so much trust and listening.  Anyone can seemingly leave the body, with all the effects and bells and whistles, and be convinced by that and the experiences one is having, but to listen to that quiet, intuitive part of self, especially for us men, requires a lot more.  Intuitive knowing tends to come much easier to women then men, because they tend to be more innately in touch with their feelings and they tend to more attuned to empathy which keeps the heart open.

People that get caught up in the bells and whistles, and effects, often times are not particularly objective about their perceptions and experiences, so just because someone has a lot of classic OBE's, doesn't make them an expert on the nonphysical or spiritual reality.  For many years, Bob Monroe was rather clueless in some core ways, despite all his OBE's.  It took him decades to come to similar conclusions that i intuitively knew, accepted, and tried to live when i was a teen.  I got into this whole spiritual and nonphysical thing from an intense, former interest in science, because sometimes late at night starting around the time i was 13, i would get these intuitive downloads about the bigger questions in life, things about the Oneness, Love, etc.   This was before i consciously sought OR read any spiritual literature.

It all comes down to spiritual attunement within the moment, and overall development and maturity, as perception follows beingness.  You cannot expand the former well, without expanding the latter well.

I've received enough both inner and outer guidance in and about that area, to accept that it's okay for self to counsel others at times. Do i always do it perfectly and only wisely, no, but i generally know relatively soon after if i was off the mark or not.

Feel free to disagree BillB. Both you and 1796 seem to think that classic OBE is the holy grail way to truth. You couldn't be anymore off.

IP Logged

BillB

ALK Member

NorthEast
Reply #28 - Aug 2nd, 2015 at 3:20pm

I am not trying to point out specific individuals, other then to use various statements to illustrate the problem here, as I see it.

You are correct, or I do agree with you, in the statement - if I may paraphrase you - that it ultimately boils down to Intuition and one's spiritual capacity or maturity.  However, that is a tricky business as a result of "mis-guidance" or outright deception.  Like yourself I do rely on inner and outer guidance so to speak.

In pursuit of that notion, I wish to separate out ideas and tangents from the Internet that contribute to the mixing up and confusion of guidance.  I like to use the Reptilians because they are an example of that confusion.  I think it is important to ask for actual evidence since they are part of our physical plane.  The Tall Whites, the Small Grays, etc.. at least there are so called documented witnesses that pertain to the debate about them, along with 40 other species if one accepts what some Disclosure groups say.. though the topic is not about aliens here.

Here, in the case of the "astral" stuff, I would say that there is a plenum of opinions that are simply derived from what's popularized on the Internet.  As a result I question those that quote others who "presume" to know" Truths about that or those dimensions if I may call them that.  Bold statements should be referenced.

With respect to OBEs, actually I am not a big advocate of them because I wonder if, for many, OBEs are simply an expression of a desire to escape; could do acid I suppose - and some build religions around that.  I think OBEs are one of those odd phenomena out there that lead some to bigger questions and perhaps experiences of their own that lead to more questions and hopefully developed spiritual development, but what is "spirituality" for that matter?

In my first response to Kran, I simply responded to his question, provided examples of some of "my" experiences that I don't presume represent global or Universal Truths, or even methodologies.  Note I also asked him what realm is he trying to explore.  And in sum, suggested he search for himself.  I wonder at the people that go to TMI to get their OBE and why they are so preoccupied with "that" experience.

I do agree with you that ultimately for individuals it boils down to Intuition (inner guidance, outer guidance); and in another thread I believe I wrote about human emotion being linked with that.  That we believe our Intuition or gut feelings based on the strength and quality of our emotional response evoked; warm fuzzy feeling=truth, bad feeling=wrong or eveil.  As a result of that, I am cautious of simply deriving my own (T)ruths based on how I "feel" about them because I have found my feelings to be wrong regarding certain things I've encountered - presuming the whole Universe somehow is in sync with my emotional fabric.  And should I really conclude that because some "guides" "appear" loving that they are trustworthy?  I asked that question because I have encountered impostors who were not in fact looking out for my interest. Some I have been able to spot, others have caught me off guard.  In fact I've just been on a weeklong diversion due to such lying beings that appeared to be legit.  So I do use Intuition, but I also rely on my common sense without simply depending on the depth of the feeling to tell my gut that this seems right.  There are opposing forces that are high skilled at derailing one from purpose, based on my experience and actually I have a few decades on ya Justin.

My concern is that one should "beware" in the nonphysically perceived world.  It is completely subjective and there are all sorts of things with their own agendas.  Just because one asks for protection does not mean one is in the clear to blindly accept what any "guide" or whim of thought passing through one's mind states.

There is an old phrase from the more esoteric Christian world - Beware of Angels of Light.  They do not represent Light at all.

In the case of Kran's question, my concern here is how careful are we all about what we presume to say.  Are we speaking from experience or repeating some Internet New Age Dogma that has not survived the test of time?
« Last Edit: Aug 2nd, 2015 at 5:26pm by BillB »  

IP Logged

Reply #29 - Aug 3rd, 2015 at 12:33am

Quote:

CB, ... I'm going to go back to ignoring you in a personal sense ... 

Quote:
 ... 1796 seem to think that classic OBE is the holy grail way to truth. You couldn't be anymore off.

No, you couldn't be more off.  Perhaps you should go back to ignoring me.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.