Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Jurgen Ziewe (Read 11358 times)
recoverer

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Re: Jurgen Ziewe
Reply #15 - Jul 7th, 2015 at 12:30pm

1796:

I don't regret being involved with Eastern teachings for a while. Some portions of such teachings are valid and worthwhile.

I don't mind that I was involved with a false guru for a while, because doing so helped me develop discrimination.

When involved with such teachings I learned to turn within.

Being non-judgmental towards others, forgiveness, and gratitude, yes these are important things. When you open yourself to gratitude, you become more conscious of that for which you are grateful. You allow "that" to become a bigger part of your life.

IP Logged

doodad

ALK Member

Reply #16 - Jul 7th, 2015 at 12:43pm

BillB:
I appreciate your perspective on Tom Campbell. Some of his ideas seem worth considering if taken in a different context, but his TOE presentation just seems "off" to me. A very very depressing way of looking at things, at least for me, irrespective of the science.

IP Logged

sanatogen

Reply #17 - Sep 14th, 2015 at 4:27pm

BillB wrote on Jul 4th, 2015 at 11:18pm:
The sad thing about it is Campbell's presumption to steal legitimate terms from the hard work of countless scientists and then dare to advertise the notion of TOE at all.

Tom Campbell states that it is his TOE and that there is no need to believe it. Go make your own TOE is his advice.

His claimed expertise is in applied physics not theoretical.

BillB wrote on Jul 4th, 2015 at 11:18pm:
  am a trained physicist also, and one thing I've learned over my years as I've studied and worked in science, various areas of engineering, or even in the medical profession "very often", actually "most often", people that know a lot about one thing begin to think they know a lot about everything; or they simply think they know everything.

Am sure in Tom Campbells presentations and in his TOE books, that he states that there is a limit in how much anyone can know.

So by definition Tom Campbell does not know everything.

It's to do with being part of the System of Consciousness and the only way to know even more was to be outside of it.

The brand of paradigm Tom Campbell espouses is Digital Physics. As I understand it, this is an emerging paradigm that not everyone is pleased with.

You did ask why its not taught in schools, that'll be because it is relatively new (20 years or so)
« Last Edit: Sep 14th, 2015 at 5:30pm by sanatogen »  
IP Logged

sanatogen

Reply #18 - Sep 14th, 2015 at 4:44pm

doodad wrote on Jul 7th, 2015 at 12:43pm:
BillB:
I appreciate your perspective on Tom Campbell. Some of his ideas seem worth considering if taken in a different context, but his TOE presentation just seems "off" to me. A very very depressing way of looking at things, at least for me, irrespective of the science.

It does appear to strip out the perceived beauty of existence and present a view of a computerised system and that we really are just numbers and so so so small.

IP Logged

sanatogen

Reply #19 - Sep 14th, 2015 at 5:28pm

A Series on interviews on Jurgen Ziewe here~:

Talking about his book

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B1sf3zwsW5Y

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.