Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 
Send Topic Print
Christian attitudes about New Age seekers (Read 10582 times)
Gman

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Christian attitudes about New Age seekers
Mar 23rd, 2015 at 11:38pm

Folks, this was sent to me yesterday. It's an older blog post. George Gman............From Erin Pavlina's Blog

In League with Satan

"Sometimes I get emails from people who are very urgently trying to warn me that the work I’m doing comes from Satan, not God. They let me know that the spirit guides I *think* I’m speaking with are just demons or Satan in disguise. They quote a few Bible verses at me, they tell me to find Jesus, and they warn me that my soul is at stake. Some even make death threats because their God has told them to smite the psychics and mediums.

When I first got these emails, years ago, it distressed me. I wrote back to people to try to explain myself and why I felt I wasn’t going to Hell. It didn’t really matter. Most of the people used fake email addresses and didn’t want to get a response. Those that did, would just come back with longer Bible passages and more evidence that I was in league with Satan.

I realized they were the ones with the problem, not me.

So I started sending back joke answers. “No, I don’t work for Satan, he offers no health insurance and I hear he fires people all the time.” Most people weren’t amused by my clever rejoinders.

Recently a guy wrote to me and was very worried about my soul. I’m touched, honestly, that people want to make sure I’m going to Heaven. He told me the voices I think I’m hearing are really satanic demons who are tricking me. I wrote back to him and said, “So these demons that I’m communicating with, they want me to help suicidal people find a reason to live? They want to help find missing people? They want people to live these really happy lives, become encouraged, inspired, and motivated to do wonderful things on this planet? Because that’s what they’re doing.”

He was quiet for a while. But he wrote back a few days later and said, “Oh, I didn’t realize that’s what you did with your abilities. It does seem odd that Satan would want you to help so many people. I’ll have to think about that. Maybe he wants them to be happy now so he can hurt them more later.” Yeah, maybe it’s a big old setup. Never heard from that guy again.

Then a few days ago a woman emailed and told me she was cruising my site and was loving the articles because I talk a lot about compassion, helping others, oneness, love, and connection, and she really resonated with that. But she was distressed because she couldn’t see any articles where I mentioned that Jesus was my Lord and Savior. She wanted to make sure I knew that if I didn’t accept Jesus as my Lord and Savior that I was going to Hell.

So I wrote back to her and told her I appreciated her words and her sincere desire to help me. I let her know that God’s gift has allowed me to assist others, bring comfort, and help them be happier. She responded, “But you still haven’t mentioned Jesus.” I responded with, “So if I don’t expressly mention Jesus, then all this good work I’m doing to help others is going to land me in Hell? Do you think God is angry that I’m using this gift to save people’s lives? Should I stop?”

She said, “Unless you praise Jesus, you and your site are just satanic, and you will not be saved. You clearly worship Satan and all those articles you’ve written and all those people you’ve helped were really helped by Satan.”

So I sent her one last email that said, “Well how do I know you’re not Satan disguising yourself as a Christian in order to get me to stop doing God’s work?” I never heard back from her.

When you think about it, though, it makes a lot more sense that these folks who write to me are actually the demons working for Satan. They are trying to stop me from helping others. They’re trying to prevent me from bringing people out of dark places and into the light. And they have even threatened to kill me in the name of their Lord.

I don’t know about you, but I think that’s pretty dark stuff. I wonder what Jesus would think."

IP Logged

Re: Christian attitudes about New Age seekers
Reply #1 - Mar 24th, 2015 at 3:30am

I think some people enjoy stirring mischief.

IP Logged

recoverer

Reply #2 - Mar 24th, 2015 at 12:31pm

Gman:

I suppose some fundamentalists might also accuse me of speaking to demons.  A wise guy spirit shows up every once in a while, but otherwise the messages I receive always serve a positive purpose. I've been communicating with spirits for about ten years and the spiritual growth I've experienced has been positive. Dang those demons for helping me experience more divine love in my life.  Cheesy

But what can you do if a person is controlled by a fear-based belief system? Perhaps someone such as Howard Storm will provide them with a start towards a more love-based approach.  It is hard to grow spiritually when you allow fear-based ideas to limit you.

Albert

IP Logged

Reply #3 - Mar 24th, 2015 at 6:34pm

The only devil we need be concerned about is that part of our self that would have us disobey our conscience.

IP Logged

recoverer

Reply #4 - Mar 24th, 2015 at 6:51pm

Crossbow:

I believe there is a lot of truth to what you say below. On Netflix I recently watched a documentary about human trafficking. The Pimp they showed had all kinds of justifications for how he manipulates, abuses and demeans the woman he controls. It was kind of scary to see how much he ignored his conscience. He basically allowed himself to become an evil person.

There was one part of the documentary that was really disturbing. The Pimps have a ball. They bring the women they control with them. The women are forced to keep looking at the ground. It serves the purpose of demeaning the women. It shows that the Pimps have more in mind that making money through women. They take pleasure in treating them in nefarious ways.

Albert

1796 wrote on Mar 24th, 2015 at 6:34pm:
The only devil we need be concerned about is that part of our self that would have us disobey our conscience.

IP Logged

Gman

Reply #5 - Mar 24th, 2015 at 10:51pm

Thanks Albert and Crossbow for your replies! Smiley

IP Logged

Bruce Moen
YaBB Administrator

YaBB Admin Land
Reply #6 - Mar 29th, 2015 at 5:50pm

As you can probably imagine I get lot's these folks who berate me for "listening to Satan" and for "doing the work of Satan."  If I engage them in conversation with the Unconditionally Loving nature of who I listen to, or the "good works" approach it inevitably degenerates into me being told that no matter how much good comes from it Satan is behind it.  And that Satan is just the Great Deceiver who can appear to be doing good works, but eventually will take my soul, and all who practice what I teach, to  Hell.

My response is usually to tell them that they need to be really really careful if Satan is a tricky, deceitful and patient as they say.  They  have no proof Satan wasn't born in a stable 2000 years ago of the Virgin Mary under the name Jesus, as the Son of God.  They must consider that it is at least possible they themselves could be unwitting followers of Satan, duped by a Grand Deception for the purpose of taking them and other "Christian" souls to hell.

That usually doesn't go over very well.  When the more intellectually honest of them cools down the conversation generally ends with them saying that choosing to see Jesus as the true Son of God is an act of faith.

For all of us what we believe to be true, right and good comes down to an act of faith on our part.  I just like a little logical, rational evidence gathering to base my act of faith upon.

Bruce

IP Logged

Reply #7 - Mar 30th, 2015 at 12:35am

Thomas preferred first hand experience, so Jesus invited Thomas to put his fingers in the nail wounds in his hands.

Seeking evidence is good; faith is good too, even better. They are not incompatible. The trick is understanding what evidence, experience, truth, belief and faith, and other parts are, and what they do, so we can hold them in their right places and use them properly. We tend to mix them up, put them in their wrong order and places, then think they are incompatible or faulty. But they are different working parts with different roles, compatible with each other when each in their right place and doing their right job.   

IP Logged

olinerum

ALK Member

Poland
Reply #8 - Mar 30th, 2015 at 6:57am

Bruce Moen wrote on Mar 29th, 2015 at 5:50pm:
They must consider that it is at least possible they themselves could be unwitting followers of Satan, duped by a Grand Deception for the purpose of taking them and other "Christian" souls to hell.

Unfortunately, this is true...

People who cling to the words of the Bible truly do not understand those who live with love, compassion.
It is very difficult to change anything in their understanding.
In one they are right. Demonic realms mechanisms can be very sophisticated.
However, based on logical thinking, exclusive unconditional love.

And there is no right to recall Jesus, he is still very busy.

In life, everything is permitted if you live in unconditional love.
I met a lot of people quoting the Bible and living in darkness. Can not explain what is written there because it often is not even logical.
I feel sorry for them

IP Logged

Justin
Ex Member

Reply #9 - May 31st, 2015 at 1:51pm

So often, we see the extremes and little balance and moderation. 

On one hand, some or many of the religious fundamentalists see everything that is non dogmatically Christian as potentially demonic.

Then on the other hand, we have a lot of New Age sources that tell us, nah, there's nothing to worry about whatsoever, ever.  All guidance is guidance, and they are all good, etc, etc.

Well, if beliefs powerfully impact perception, and perception and beliefs impact quality of life here and there, and clearly many whom are stuck are suffering a lot because of limited/distorted beliefs...

Well, i prefer to take the middle road.  My experience has taught me that many beings out there are friendly in essence.  Some may think they are wiser than they really are, like a well meaning friend giving advice from a limited perspective, etc but they still have basically positive/helpful intentions.

But i've also learned that there are some beings, which are pretty practiced and good at the art of manipulating and influencing beliefs and perceptions, which CAN have a detrimental impact on the quality of life someone experiences.  is not keeping people limited and stuck, and suffering, a negative thing that we should work on changing?

Truth be told, the more aware i become, the more i've realized that a chunk of new age channeled stuff does in fact, come from misleading and deceptive sources.  It's not surprising when the motivation beyond same is limited to begin with.  Money, notoriety, various ego related issues etc. tend to lead people to not as positive sources.

There are a lot of people being mislead by such sources in various ways. 

But there are plenty of good and fairly deception free sources out there too.  It's a matter of discriminating.

If you understand some basic laws of how the larger reality works and flows, this can really help in your discriminating more helpful sources from the distorting and limiting ones. 

The primary law is that of like attracts, begets, resonates with like.  Hence, if you're looking at outer sources, look for ones that are attuned to love more than not and try to live ethically in all areas of their life.   

Then, for connecting to inner guidance, expanding yourself helps to connect you more strongly and purely to those more purely constructive sources.  Also, asking for help from specific kinds of sources is also important, as guidance respects freewill, and sometimes you need to consciously ask for help to receive it. 

And yes, i do have to agree with Olinerum some.  "Satan" if you look at the associations, was associated with the concepts of an ancient serpent and dragon. 

What i've found that Satan really is, is less a specific being, and more a group--an E.T. group that has been trying to screw with and keep humans limited since we've been around.  And they are reptilian looking body wise, hence why referred to as snakes, serpents, and dragons at times.

Judging by the state of the world, and how long and often it's been in such a mess, i would say that this group is pretty good at their job and has had a pretty strong influence here a lot of the time. 

There are many worlds and groups from same, that are MUCH, MUCH more positive, evolved, and harmonious than this one. Were all the beings there just so much more mature and positive from the get go?  Or perhaps they lacked the meddlesome variable of negative E.T. influence and so evolved more quickly and seamlessly?

As the good, but often misinterpreted book tries to say, there long as been a war over the earth and fate of humanity.  I do not use the phrase "war" lightly.  Humanity has the potential to degenerate towards a very devolved and Source cut off future, or towards a very rapid leap into near full Source atttunement.

It would be a serious over sight, to think that there isn't a group out there that is constantly pushing towards the former. 

So yes, there is a little relative truth to some of the Christian fundamentalist notions, but there is also plenty of truth to the New Age concepts as well. 

Reality is just bigger than both individually. As far as Bruce goes, imo, i think he is a pretty good and expanded source all in all.  He's an "old soul" so to speak, so it's more a matter of natural law. 

IP Logged

Rondele
Ex Member

Reply #10 - May 31st, 2015 at 4:00pm

"Truth be told, the more aware i become, the more i've realized that a chunk of new age channeled stuff does in fact, come from misleading and deceptive sources.  It's not surprising when the motivation beyond same is limited to begin with.  Money, notoriety, various ego related issues etc. tend to lead people to not as positive sources".

Justin, what you say is so important.  Over a year ago I read "My Son and the Afterlife."  IMHO it was so phony and contrived I wasn't sure whether it was the mom wanting to cash in or whether it was an unscrupulous medium (Jamie Butler) who was leading the grieving mom and the reader down the garden path by pretending to channel the deceased son Erik.

But as time went by, I concluded it was neither one (although for other reasons I am still skeptical about Butler).  I think now it's exactly as you say above.  As ES warned, there is a lot of deception in the afterlife just as there is here.  I think Butler allowed herself to be misled by entities who claimed to be Erik, all at the rather sadistic pleasure of giving false hope to a grief stricken mom and by publishing a book that has sucked in many readers who themselves had experienced the loss of loved ones.

Chaneling is notoriously unreliable and in my view equally dangerous as the use of a ouija board. 

I didn't know until recently that Butler was the giggling medium mentioned in the book.  And further research shows many u tube videos where she channels any number of famous deceased persons (all of which, btw, are allegedly brought to her by Erik!).

When it comes to this type of material, caveat emptor.

R

IP Logged

Berserk2

Reply #11 - Jun 1st, 2015 at 4:49pm

This thread is yet another demonstration of the myopic New Age Ghetto mentality.  New Agers have no clue about why Christians consider channeling dangerous and are too intellectually dishonest and lazy to read the best exemplars of what they condemn.  So they do what most bigots do--they create a mindless straw man that they generalize to create the illusion of patronizing critical discernment.  Thus, they freeze like Bambi in the headlights when they hear about gifted mediums who totally believed in the goodness and genuineness of their craft, and despite their contentment, discovered by direct experience that they were actually in touch with demonic entities in disguise.  By contrast, I find that many Christians are very interested in   learning from New Age insights and dialoguing about them.  Thus, last Sunday's sermon on lessons from shamanism was well received and prompted interesting discussion.   

So I throw out this challenge to the Ghetto: identify the books on channeling that Christians most often cite as examples by direct experience of how channeling is dangerous.  I'm confident that you cannot.  So i would no more want to engage you on this question than evolutionists want to engage fundamentalists who attack evolution wiyhout reading a single scientific book in its defense.

IP Logged

recoverer

Reply #12 - Jun 1st, 2015 at 5:21pm

Don:

I don't know what books you're talking about, but "The Siren Call of Hungry Ghosts" by Joe Fischer is worth checking out.

I also read, "The Light that was Dark" by Warren Smith. It could be that Warren went from one extreme to another.

I'd like to add that even though I conmmunicate with spirits, I believe it is sad that people are so quick to gobble up what channeled sources have to say.
« Last Edit: Jun 1st, 2015 at 6:55pm by recoverer »  

IP Logged

Rondele
Ex Member

Reply #13 - Jun 1st, 2015 at 7:31pm

Don-  I may be misunderstanding your point, but to me a good example of a book that Christians would identify channeling as dangerous would be ACIM.  Of course, part of that is how we distinguish between legitimate Christians and those who are Christians in name only. 

R

IP Logged

Gman

Reply #14 - Jun 4th, 2015 at 12:38am

rondele wrote on May 31st, 2015 at 4:00pm:
"Truth be told, the more aware i become, the more i've realized that a chunk of new age channeled stuff does in fact, come from misleading and deceptive sources.  It's not surprising when the motivation beyond same is limited to begin with.  Money, notoriety, various ego related issues etc. tend to lead people to not as positive sources".

Justin, what you say is so important.  Over a year ago I read "My Son and the Afterlife."  IMHO it was so phony and contrived I wasn't sure whether it was the mom wanting to cash in or whether it was an unscrupulous medium (Jamie Butler) who was leading the grieving mom and the reader down the garden path by pretending to channel the deceased son Erik.

But as time went by, I concluded it was neither one (although for other reasons I am still skeptical about Butler).  I think now it's exactly as you say above.  As ES warned, there is a lot of deception in the afterlife just as there is here.  I think Butler allowed herself to be misled by entities who claimed to be Erik, all at the rather sadistic pleasure of giving false hope to a grief stricken mom and by publishing a book that has sucked in many readers who themselves had experienced the loss of loved ones.

Chaneling is notoriously unreliable and in my view equally dangerous as the use of a ouija board. 

I didn't know until recently that Butler was the giggling medium mentioned in the book.  And further research shows many u tube videos where she channels any number of famous deceased persons (all of which, btw, are allegedly brought to her by Erik!).

When it comes to this type of material, caveat emptor.

R

Hello. This is Laura Knight.J's website. Due to many fraud charges relating to the sale of her house through a raffle, she left the USA with her new husband. She is now living in a chateau in France. She runs a website-forum that many have called a cult.

She communicates with alien non-physical beings, Cassiopeians, which belong to a 'Galactic Federation', through a Ouija Board.

Here is her take via the Cassiopians, on Jesus. It is her early messages through her Ouija Board method. What do you think? George Gman   https://cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php/topic,13581.msg537254.html#msg537254 

Just scroll down to the 30th September 1994 date via Vulcans last post, as all direct links to her messages have been disabled.

IP Logged

recoverer

Reply #15 - Jun 4th, 2015 at 12:15pm

Laura Knight used to supposedly channel Ramtha. A man who worked as her body guard exposed her. He said one time he found a book in her room with a bunch of words underlined. The next time she supposedly channeled Ramtha, she said basically the same words that were underlined in the book.

The body guard said that one time She/Ramtha were telling people that they shouldn't go to the light after they die. This troubled people in the audience, but from where Laura sat she wasn't aware of this. Her bodyguard let her know during the intermission, and when she spoke again she tried to compensate for their unease by saying that people shouldn't go to the light because reptilians try to fool people with the light after they die.

IP Logged

Rondele
Ex Member

Reply #16 - Jun 4th, 2015 at 1:23pm

This just goes to show two things: There is still a great deal of fraud when it comes to the afterlife and there are still plenty of people who buy into it with little or no discernment.

As long as there is the latter, the fraudsters and charletans will continue to prosper.  And usually at the expense of those who can least afford being ripped off. 

R

IP Logged

Gman

Reply #17 - Jun 6th, 2015 at 1:13am

recoverer wrote on Jun 4th, 2015 at 12:15pm:
Laura Knight used to supposedly channel Ramtha. A man who worked as her body guard exposed her. He said one time he found a book in her room with a bunch of words underlined. The next time she supposedly channeled Ramtha, she said basically the same words that were underlined in the book.

The body guard said that one time She/Ramtha were telling people that they shouldn't go to the light after they die. This troubled people in the audience, but from where Laura sat she wasn't aware of this. Her bodyguard let her know during the intermission, and when she spoke again she tried to compensate for their unease by saying that people shouldn't go to the light because reptilians try to fool people with the light after they die. 

I thank you both Rondele and Albert for replying to my posts. My last post was about the channelings of Laura Knight-Jadczyk, through a Ouija board, about certain non-physical Cassiopeian aliens who supposedly belong to a organization called the Galactic Federation. She is not to be confused with JZ Knight, who is a mentor to Shirley Maclaine, the actress. The latter, JZ Knight, channels Ramtha. Gman         

IP Logged

recoverer

Reply #18 - Jun 6th, 2015 at 12:34pm

I apologize for mixing up the names. I thought that maybe the Ms Knight I know of moved on to something else. Nevertheless, I'm glad that I got the opportunity to speak of what JZ Knight has done. Regarding Laura Knight, sorry, I don't think I'll take the time to check her out.

IP Logged

Justin
Ex Member

Reply #19 - Jun 7th, 2015 at 6:58pm

I read some of Laura's channelings. I will just say that it didn't ring of expanded truth, and wasn't for me. 

I do believe there is something "like" a galactic federation, in that there is contact and communication between many more expanded non human groups. 

A certain percentage of them are focused to some extent on Earth, and they do communicate with some humans. 

But ime, they don't call themselves Galactic Federation or anything like that.  They don't seem to call themselves really anything.  They are not hung up on labels like we are.  They are just Light Beings of different intensity and density.

IP Logged

recoverer

Reply #20 - Jun 8th, 2015 at 12:17pm

That's a good point Justin.  Since "Galactic Federation" has been used by sources that are questionable, I doubt that actual friendly folks would use such a name.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.